Favorite Quotes\Sayings/Proverbs

RestLess-BoTics

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Reading quotes/sayings/proverbs provides me with a source of wisdom, happiness, and wonder. I find them extremely enjoyable... and hopefully, you will too! A small dose of enlightenment never hurts anyone!

As of this moment, these 3 strike me in the most profound manner:[/font]

[font="Georgia"]"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."[/font] ~[u]Victor Kiam[/u]

[font="Georgia"]"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." [/font]~[u]David Brinkley[/u]

[font="Georgia"]"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.[/font]" ~[u]Lao Tzu[/u]

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Feel free to share ones that you've come to appreciate, along with your thoughts + reflections below.[/font] ▼

There are quite a few I really like. I'll post these for now.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
-Happy Mask Salesman

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
-Happy Mask Salesman

"When a body is used by another, it can be called nothing but a puppet. This one has served its purpose, and it is useless."
-Majora's Mask

"Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you... as a friend?"
-Child on the Moon

I always thought of Majora's Mask as a deep game, but some of the quotes in it can really strike a chord.

"So what do you think? If my past self saw me now, would she praise me?"

"Because I'm trying this new thing called "be honest with myself"."

"I'm scared because there's only one of you."

"The first to fall in love is the one who loses."

"Just because things aren't working out right now, doesn't mean that they won't work out in the future."

I love quotes, but these are just some of my favorites...

[size="6"]That which does not kill us makes us stronger.[/size]
[b]Friedrich Nietzsche[/b]

[size="6"]I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid.[/size]
[b]Jackie Chan[/b]

[size="6"]I'm crazy, but I'm not too crazy.[/size]
[b]Jackie Chan[/b]

[size="6"]A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.[/size]
[b]Bill Cosby[/b]

[size="6"]Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.[/size]
[b]Abraham Lincoln[/b]

[size="6"]You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.[/size]
[b]Abraham Lincoln[/b]

[size="6"]The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.[/size]
[b]Albert Einstein[/b]

"You know, Bob, I've been thinking of all the times you manipulated me and toyed with me and I can't help but recall that children's fable about that race between the tortoise and the pain-in-the-ass-chief-of-medicine-that-everybody-hates. You see, Bob, the pain-in-the-ass-chief-of-medicine-that-everybody-hates kept running out in front of the tortoise and taunting him, but right at the end... oh, gosh I'm sure you remember what happened Bob, the tortoise bit clean through the Chief of Medicine's calf muscle, dragged him to the ground, where he and all the other turtles devoured him alive right there on the racetrack. It's a disturbing children's book, Bob, I know, but it's one that stuck with me nonetheless."
"Okay, think of what little patience I have as... oh, I don't know... your virginity. You always thought it would be there, until that night Junior Year when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal Kevin, who just wanted to be friends... well, he dropped by, and he brought a copy of "About Last Night" and a four-pack of Bartles & Jaymes and woo hoo hoo, it was gone forever - just like my patience is now."
All by Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

"Men who are trapped by the chains of maybe...can never reach their dreams!" - Godot
"A lawyer is someone who smiles no matter how bad it gets." - Godot
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." - Godot
"All men wear masks. On their face...or over their hearts." - Godot

And a bunch of other ones. Godot and his many rules are wise at times, in my opinion.

[i][b][size="5"]"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."[/size]
[u]-Albert Einstein[/b][/i][/u]

^^I think the above quote is wonderful. If you don't know why he says WW4 will be fought with stones, here's the reason:
[QUOTE]Because of him people had nuclear weapons in WWII. So he's expecting that WW III would be very devastating to human civilization. The survivors of WW III would be living in a different world. They'll basically start all over like the stone age. So the next war they'll go to would be fought with sticks & stones.[/QUOTE]
I got the reason above from this link:
[URL]http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080330182854AASV7LH[/URL]

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." - A Coach at my school. (and I'm sure he got it from somewhere)
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
"We will go to the moon and do the other things" - JFK

Archived