snowyash07 Vs. Nero1010100 [Finished]

.Ash

First to 5 votes or most votes by January 1st wins.

Votes must have decent reasoning to be counted.

If the vote is based solely on Name or Picture, it won't be counted.

Requirement is a Spellcaster monster.

Winner gets 1 Rep from the loser.

[spoiler=Nero1010100's Card]

106152.jpg

Lore

When this card is Normal Summoned, place 1 Spell Counter on it. Once per turn, you can discard any number of cards to place 1 Spell Counter on a monster(s) you control for each card you discarded. You can remove all Spell Counters on the field to inflict 500 damage to your opponent for ech removed Spell Counter. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can remove 5 Spell Counter on the field to Special Summon this card in ATK Position.

[spoiler=snowyash07's Card]

2033c.jpg

Lore

You can Special Summon this card by removing 5 Spell Counters on your side of the field from the game. As long as this card is face-up on the field, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent every time a Spell Counter is removed from the field. You can tribute this face-up card that has 5 Spell Counters to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the original ATK of this card.

Votes:

Nero1010100 - 2

snowyash07 - 3

Ratings:

Name/2

Picture/3

Originality/5

Balance/10

OCG/10

Total/30

Nero1010100

When this card is Normal Summoned, place 1 Spell Counter on it. Once per turn, you can discard any number of cards to place 1 Spell Counter on a monster(s) you control for each card you discarded. You can remove all Spell Counters on the field to inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each removed Spell Counter. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can remove 5 Spell Counters from on the field to Special Summon this card in face-up ATK Attack Position.

I beleive this is the correct OCG (Bold is new, Crossout is to delete). Now for Ratings:

Name: 2/2

Pic: 3/3

Originality: 2/5 - Tempest Magician without being a synchro. The only new section is the revival.

Balance: 6/10 - So abusable like Tempest Magician, except with self revival. Got slightly boosted due to the fact that it would take a bit of time to get 5 spell counters on the field, giving a turn of weakness for Lightning Vortex etc. A bit weaker (2300's) would have been ideal - so it would barely lose to the monarchs, which would, IMHO, improve balance.

OCG: 7/10 - Could've been much better with a quick spellcheck, and by looking up a searcher for the final section.

Total: 20/30

snowyash07

You can Special Summon this card by removing 5 Spell Counters on your side of the Old OCG, AFAIK this can be removed, but it is still a perfectly fine phrase. field from the game. As long as this card is face-up on the field, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent every time a Spell Counter is removed from the field. You can tribute this face-up card that has 5 Spell Counters If there are 5 Spell Counters on this card, you can Release this card to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the original ATK of this card.

Name: 2/2

Pic: 3/3

Originality: 5/5 - I don't think I've actually seen this idea before.

Balance: 7/10 - It's interesting. On its own, it's relatively weak, but I can see it combo quite nicely with other cards. I think that the tribiute for damage might have been over the top, but it ends up being a -1 for field advantage. I'd say it's slightly OP'ed for the first effect being free brn damage.

OCG: 7/10 - You used slightly old OCG (Which is fine), but some mistakes were slightly more obvious. Like Nero, a quick glance over would have worked wonders.

Total: 24/30

My vote therefore goes to Snowyash07. This would not be effected by the pictures however, or the name.

Not sure about dogfishes OCG check. Let me try:

Antique Magician

When this card is Normal Summoned, place 1 Spell Counter on it. Once per turn, you can discard any number of cards to place 1 Spell Counter on a monster(s) you control for each card discarded. You can remove all Spell Counters on the field to inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each Spell Counter removed by this effect (Not sure about this fix). When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can remove 5 Spell Counters from anywhere on the field to Special Summon this card in ATK Position.

Inferno Pyromancer

You can Special Summon this card From where? I am assuming Hand? by removing 5 Spell Counters on your side of the field from the game. As long as this card is face-up on the field, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent each time a Spell Counter is removed from the field. You can tribute this face-up card that has 5 Spell Counters to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the original ATK of this card.

Overall none wows me, but I think Inferno Pyromancer (Bloody Hell Where making these mancers up as we go along) is a bit to Warlock for me so I vote for Antique Magician just...

Wow, this is gonna be a long one.

[spoiler=Nero1010100]

When this card is Normal Summoned, place 1 Spell Counter on it.

Like the start, many effects have this.

Once per turn, you can discard any number of cards from your hand to place 1 Spell Counter on a monster(s) you control for each card you discarded.

It should only be one monster. The effect seems a bit much as some cards gain attack for each spell counter on them. And once per turn?!? Seriously?!? Would've been better if you place them when you summon it.

You can remove all Spell Counters on the field to inflict 500 damage to your opponent for echeach removed Spell Counter.

Ouch. With the once per turn effect, this card goes beyond OP'ed.

When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can remove 5 Spell Counters onfrom the field to Special Summon this card in ATKAttack Position.

You're kidding, right? How would you have any spell counters left? What I mean is, most people would've already used their spell counters to inflict damage. Also, if you do get it back, it would automatically have another counter, and you can keep on using it's effect. This last bit is unnecessary.

TBH the pic looks more like a DARK attribute Fiend more than a LIGHT attribute Spellcaster called 'Antique Magician'. The pic itself is good (obviously because it was made by one of (maybe the) best custom image maker on YCM <_<), but it just doesn't fit with the type and attribute.

The ATK is too high for its effect, and the DEF should be 0 to make it more balanced, and the ATK something like 2000. The whole card doesn't really flow, and kind of contradicts itself.

[spoiler=snowyash07]

You can Special Summon this card by removing 5 Spell Counters on your side of the field from the game.

We don't have any introduction of how Spell Counters are placed on the field, it's important not to base the summoning conditions of a card of something that is actually in the game. Nero1010100's card actually tells us how the spell counters came there.

As long as this card is face-up on the field, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent every time a Spell Counter is removed from the field.

Again, we have no idea how to remove spell counters or how they are removed.

You can tribute this face-up card that has 5 Spell Counters on it to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the original ATK of this card.

Once again, we have no idea how this card gains spell counters. I can't even judge the last part, because I don't know how easily the Spell Counters get there, so I can't decide if it's balanced or not.

The pic is stretched and looks like its of MTG. Also, if it has 'inferno' and 'pyro' in it's name, it makes more sense that it is pyro type.

Overall, I have to vote for Nero1010100, because even though his card is slightly OP'ed, unlike snowyash07, it doesn't just use random spell counters; it tells you how they get there.

Even though it's long, I advise you both to read the advice, as it will help ^_^

Don't mean to spam but votes are needed here:

http://forum.yugiohc...z-vs-thermatic/

And of course, I wouldn't have you look at that contest and not judge this one would I? :unsure:

Antique Magician:

Names: 4.5/5 -

A Nice name, gives you a warm feeling when you say it.

Pictures: 7.5/10

A lot of interesting things are happening in the picture with the dark colour clashes and what not, but the image quality is a little lower than I'd like.

Creativity: 5.5/10

The discard element has a small spark of creativity but little about the effect feels inspired.

OCG: 13/15 (I may be wrong on the ATK point, but I don't think I am).

ech = each

counter = counters

ATK Position = Attack Position

Playability: 14/20

Requires 2 tributes, isn't the post playable of cards, although it does have a small spell counter incentive.

Balance: 19/20

ATK is ok given its effect, it basically allows the principle of:

lose 1 card = 500 damage to opponent

it can be useful, too useful, but does have a spell counter limit which puts a limit on its power, nothing about it seems to extortionate or underpowered. Quite balanced in my opinion.

Effects: 18.5/20

Summoned effect, graveyard effect and once per turn effect, all quite relevant to the requirement. Fairly long effect, all is good here.

Overall

81% - Mid B

91-100% = A*

85-90% = A

75-84% = B

65-74 = C

57-64 = D

50-56 = E

37-49 = F

0-36 = U

Inferno Pyromancer:

Names: 5/5 -

Just love the sound of it

Pictures: 8.5/10

Good quality, perhaps odd for the requirement, and a close up would be nice, but very good quality.

Creativity: 7/10

An element of creativity in the last effect. And a bit of creativity in the middle effect.

OCG: 14/15

removing 5 Spell Counters on your side of the field from the game = removing 5 Spell Counters from your side of the field ???

also, where do I Special Summon you from?

didn't spot anything else, but my OCG isn't great anyway.

Playability: 17/20

1 Tribute with potential to special summon, quite a decent amount of power with the right deck, usable.

Balance: 15/20

I'd say it was a tad OP, the spell counter removal damage probably being abused, its fairly lax summoning requirements are also a tad generous..but its not to much of a killjoy.

Effects: 16.5/20

Summon option effect, fairly bland mid effect, more tribute effect. - Meh, not that dynamic, but has some variation.

Overall

83% - High B

91-100% = A*

85-90% = A

75-84% = B

65-74 = C

57-64 = D

50-56 = E

37-49 = F

0-36 = U

I'll go for Snowyash07. ;)

Archived