Chedbonlahor -vs- Zextra

chedbonlahor

I would like to propose a friendly 1 on 1 for ANY YCM member.

Terms

1. Create a monster that deals with removing from play

2. First to 3 votes wins

3. Votes must be backed up with a valid and convincing reason

4.Winner gets 1 rep from the losing party

5. No Flaming/Trolling or anything that makes me cry lol

6. Enjoy

The contestants are ready the cards are in so without further ado:

Zextra's Card

99600s.jpg

LORE: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 3 LIGHT monsters you control. When this card is selected as an attack target, you can remove from play 2 Fairy-Type monsters from your Graveyard to remove the attacking monster from play. When this card is destroyed by battle, your opponent takes double the Battle Damage you would have taken from this battle.

Chedbonlahor's Card

217615e.jpg

LORE: This card cannot designate a monster as an attack target if you do not have a monster with the same Attribute removed from play. Once per turn during your Main Phase you can remove from play any monster from your Deck, to decrease the ATK of this card by 200.

Vote for your favourite!!!!!!

Go......

chedbonlahor:

Taking into account the power of some other 6 stars, this is relatively balanced. At first I was confused about the second part of the effect - "Why would you want to decrease your attack?" - until I realised that it would allow it to attack. Good pic and name, slight OCG error with your commas, but pretty good.

Zextra:

OP and UP at the same time. For me, removing two monsters to remove one of your opponents is alright, but it needs a cap of once or twice per turn. It's attack should be higher as well, for what you need to go through to summon it. Love the pic, good name, but I think the correct OCG for the last sentence would be: "When this card is destroyed by battle, you take no Battle Damage and your opponent takes the Battle Damage you would have received x2." Not entirely sure though.

My vote goes to cchedbonlahor.

Sorry, buddy.

Let's see here...

Ched's card:

First off, no up side. Why would any duelist want to decrease the ATK of their monster? Just out of curiosity.

Secondly, are you trying to tell me I have to remove a LIGHT monster from play just to attack? Heh, no.

Zextra's card:

I may not be a professional card rater, but this card seems a bit OP'ed. But that seems to be the only real bad thing about the card.

So, sorry Chedbonlahor, Zextra get's my vote.

Which means, ultimately, Zextra wins, right?

Let's see here...

Ched's card:

First off, no up side. Why would any duelist want to decrease the ATK of their monster? Just out of curiosity.

Secondly, are you trying to tell me I have to remove a LIGHT monster from play just to attack? Heh, no.

Zextra's card:

I may not be a professional card rater, but this card seems a bit OP'ed. But that seems to be the only real bad thing about the card.

So, sorry Chedbonlahor, Zextra get's my vote.

Which means, ultimately, Zextra wins, right?

Thank you for your imput, as you said ultimately Zextra wins but you onlyviewed my card on a superficial level. With the ability to take a monster and remove it from play, this opens the door for many other combos as there are many cards in the YGO world that thrive on cards removed from play. The other point of the card is that if you use it in a deck that removes from play, you will not need to use its effect so it stays powerful.

Anyway well done zextra

Archived