[LOCK] Phoenix19 vs. Zextra

Azphreal

He said yes, so here it is.

First to three votes or most after a week, yadda yadda yadda... 200 points and a rep from the loser.

Zextra chooses requirements.

Challenge: Make an evolved card.

[spoiler=Phoenix19's Card]SUSK-EN001.png

LORE: Once per turn, you can halve this card's ATK (permanently) to Special Summoned 1 Level 5 or lower Zombie- or Fiend-Type monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard with equal or less ATK than this card after its effect resolves. While this card is in face-up Defense Position, its original ATK becomes 2500.

[spoiler=Zextra's Card]99600i.jpg

LORE: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 WATER monster you control. While you control another WATER monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. When your opponent declares an attack on a monster you control, you can remove from play 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard to change the Battle Position of the attacking monster. You can Tribute this card to take control of 1 monster that's Battle Postition has been changed by this card's effect.

Voters must give a semi-detailed report on which they think is better, using TWO or more of the following reasons:

-OCG

-Playability

-Balance

-Concept

-Relation to the original card

-Effect

Here's mine:

99600i.jpg

[img=http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8390/99600i.jpg]

Lore:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 WATER monster you control. While you control another WATER monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. When your opponent declares an attack on a monster you control, you can remove from play 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard to change the Battle Position of the attacking monster. You can Tribute this card to take control of 1 monster that's Battle Postition has been changed by this card's effect.

I vote for Zextra.

- Phoenix:

-OCG was good

- Balanced, except for the last effect. He doesn't lose ATK points, and you can Special Summon a Level 5 or lower Zombie OR Fiend From almost anywhere! Due to that, it is OP'ed

- Very playable, as most would put this as a 3 in their deck

- The effect is somewhat creative

- The concept was good

- Zextra:

- OCG was good

- Balanced as he has to Tribute himself to take control of the monster, he has to remove a WATER monster from play to only change a battle position (not destroy) which gives it some balance

- Quite playable, as most would put 2-3 in a deck

- The effect is creative

- The concept was great

- Zextra:

- OCG was good

- Balanced as he has to Tribute himself to take control of the monster, he has to remove a WATER monster from play to only change a battle position (not destroy) which gives it some balance

- Quite playable, as most would put 2-3 in a deck

- The effect is creative

- The concept was great

My vote go's to Zextra for the same reasons

-OCG I Think both are great but Phoenixes i think has some minor ones(I am not a pro so i dont know)-Zextra

-Playability- Phoenix19 is very playable for zombie and zextra is also verplayable for water but lv. 5 zombies are little hard to come by but

Water monsters are a lot more simplier and more playable - Zextra

-Balance- Both seem Very blanced but i think closest is Phoenix because i dont really see a effective downside to zexra's- Phoenix19

-Concept- Zextra comes more easy and evoled from 7 fish(kind of) - zextra

-Relation to the original card- Both are wier i dont know anthing really about Phoenix19 but zextra has name but thats the end other picture - zextra.

-Effect- Bothh Seem effective in difernt decks but more sucky in others zextra has easy summon effect which makes it off but Phoenix19 has really hard summoning - Tie

Winner: Zextra

Is this good enough detail?

I'm gonna vote for Zextra!

Phoenix

OCG- 10/10 Perfect

Balance- 3/10 Even though the ability is useful for a Zombie or Fiend deck I don't think a level 10 monster with that ability should only have 2500 Attack as a matter of fact you only gave it the original Summoned Skulls attack and defense which wasn't much and it didn't even have an ability.

Relation- 7/10 I'll give him this and that's he's being original, but it shows enough resemblance through it's pic and name and type but you made it to close to the original by giving it the original Summoned Skulls ATK and DEF.

Effect- 6/10 This cards affect is kind of a downer, if you cut his attack half once then he's at 1250 but thanks to his second affect which allows his attack to return to it's original when in defense mode.

Total: 26/40 Pretty Decent

Zextra

OCG- 10/10 Perfect

Balance- 10/10 Perfectly balanced considering that it can redirect an attack from itself as long as another Water-attribute monster is on the field and if this monster had lets say 2500 attack then this card would be over-powered but it's not you have it perfectly balanced nice job!

Relation- 8/10 This took me awhile to figure out who you made an evolution of, but then I saw Joshua's comment and then I saw it, I honestly thought it was pretty clever I would've never thought of making an evolution of that card.

Effect- 10/10 This card is very protective of both self and to it's owner which is 2 things cards need to survive if that makes any sense either way it has an very good and defensive ability.

Total: 38/40

My vote goes to Phoenix

Zextra:

OCG: 10/10

Playability: 9/10

Balance: 9/10

Concept: 9/10

Relation to the original card: 15/20

Effect: 8/10

Total: 59/70

You would have won if it wasn't for the relation, error is in ATK/DEF, according to link Phoenix supplied, it must be the same.

Phoenix:

OCG: 9/10

Playability: 8/10

Balance: 9/10

Concept: 8/10

Relation to the original card: 20/20

Effect: 7/10

Total: 63/70

EDIT: Oops, too late

Archived