Return of the Vongola - Chapter 9 is up in here!! [PG-16]

For those who know my love of the anime "Reborn!", this original fic has been posted to let the readers enjoy the storyline. This fic has been created by the combined ideas of me, Fusion X. Denver, Hayate Ayasaki, and A20CenturyBoy. With this being the new thing, I've added a few YCM members in here. And for those who have watched the anime or read the manga, this fic has absolutely nothing to do with Tsuna or his friends. With that being said, enjoy!

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2udylts.png[/img]

Notes:
1. Unlike normal fics, the titles for "chapters" has been replaced with "Target". (A Reborn thing for the episodes)
2. Italics are thoughts...go figure.
3. With some language, this fic will be rated PG-16.

[spoiler=Target 1 - The High-Schooler and the Baby Mafioso]A teenage boy with spiky red hair, and boy-ish facial features sat near the window of the classroom. He closed his brownish-red eyes and yawned loudly, covering his mouth with his hand. He looked out the window, his face rested against his palm, as he had been frequently doing so for the whole class. Noticing nothing new, he glanced over to his right, about two desks away from his. His eyes caught sight of their target, a young girl with light blond hair that reached down to her shoulders and bluish gray eyes, which were slender. Her thin lips were curved into a small smile as she stared at the teacher.

[i]I can't believe Hana's interested in this stuff. History is boring as hell.[/i] Arashi thought, looking up at the ceiling, his hands behind his head as he leaned back on his chair. He glanced at her again. [i]Then again, this whole school's boring. There's nothing to do around here...maybe I should...yeah, that's right, I can do it. Nothing to be afraid of! Alright, today, after half a year of having a crush on her, I'll finally tell her my feelings![/i]

“Arashi Chiso!” the teacher’s called, almost making Arashi fall out of his chair. “Are you still daydreaming, or do you mind answering the question?”

The boy gulped. "Um...that is an interesting question sir! It makes the student rationalize, and is made to trick the untrained mind! Without further ado I'd have to say it is option 'B'!"

Arashi heard a few chuckles and snickers from around the room, and sighed, laying his head between his arms. Just then, he heard a small noise, like a faint whistle. He looked to the side, out the window, but saw nothing. He shrugged slightly, and closed his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Arashi was the last to walk out of class when the lunch bell rang. He saw Hana turn the corner, and was about to follow her, when he heard the same noise as before, but a bit louder.

[i]Well...I can always tell her later. Yeah.[/i]

He kept following it, curious as to where it came from. His search led him to the roof, where he could hear the sound very clearly. He opened the door, and stepped outside to the roof. In a single glance he saw what looked like a baby, wearing a black cloak and a brown beret over his dark blue hair. Around the baby were around a dozen birds, a dog, and several squirrels. The baby turned to Arashi with a glare, causing him to smile nervously.

"Hey little guy...those animals scaring you?" he asked, approaching slightly.

The baby held out a necklace. Tied to it was a white whistle.

"It is not my fault...they came on their own." the baby said, with a small frown.

"What do you mean? Where's your mommy, anyway?"

"It doesn't matter, just listen. The sound you heard was this whistle, that is too high-pitched for normal humans to hear. The fact you were able to hear it means the data was right. You, Arashi Chiso, are destined to become the fifteenth boss of the once proud Vongola family. I was sent here to give you your mission."

"And what would this 'mission' be?" Arashi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Simple," Final said. "You must travel the world in search of all six guardians, and rebuild the Vongola to its former glory."

[i]Simple, he says...[/i] "That's crazy. You're crazy. I don't care if you're a baby that can fluidly talk, I'm not believing you, or any of this. I don't even know who the hell you are! It's not even that hard to find out my name, so you're not impressing me. Now go home, kid. I've got a girl to confess to."

"Final is my name. And the question becomes whether you'll be able to confess to her, seeing as she may die."

Arashi's eyes widened slightly. "What the hell? What do you mean?"

Final pointed down toward the entrance to the school. Arashi quickly ran to the edge of the roof to see what the baby meant.

At first he didn't see anything unusual, but then the entrance gate burst open, and several armed men wearing suits ran in. Arashi's hands gripped the railing harder, his body tense. He saw one of them place his finger on his ear, and his lips started moving. For some reason, Arashi could vaguely hear some fragments of what he was saying, such as "Boss, following the baby paid off..." and "We're going to search the building now". He stopped talking for a bit, then nodded, placing his hand on the pistol at his side with a grin.

“There's really no time to explain, but these guys are part of a mafia, and they have come to kill you. Of course, they're Mafioso, so they'll really kill everyone until they find you. Or maybe kill everyone either way. So what are you going to do?"

Arashi clenched his teeth, shaking a bit. "E-even if I run, they'll find me another time, won't they?"

"Most definitely."

"B-but how can I do anything? Sure, I've gotten into a couple of fights at school over the years, but these are a group of Mafioso with guns, I'm just a teenager!" Arashi said, then turned to Final. "You know so much about the mafia, don't you have some friends you can call over that can get us out of this mess?"

"I have a better idea," the baby said, and pulled out a dagger with a red blade.

Arashi looked at the dagger and said, “You're planning to kill them with that?”

"Wrong, I won't be doing much of anything.” Final said as he moved towards Arashi. "You are, after you die."

Arashi turned around fully, his back to the railing. “W-What?!”

Before he could say anything else, Final tossed the red dagger, and it stabbed Arashi in the chest. He struggled to say something for a few seconds, then slid down to the ground.

[i]I’m gonna die... I really am worthless...unable to confess to Hana, or even protect her. She may really...die. Those Mafiosos will kill her....they'll...[/i]

A bright orange flame lit up on Arashi's forehead, and his eyes opened slowly. He slowly got up, and turned to face the railing, looking downward at the ground.

“Looks like he found his dying will.” Final muttered. "I was worried he might actually have died there..."

"Hey, you!" Arashi yelled down at the Mafiosos.

They looked up in time to see Arashi jump from the roof, and fall down to the ground. He landed with hardly a sound, on his two feet, as if he had just done a small leap. He looked up at them with an intense glare.

The Mafioso in the back, who had slicked-back purple-dyed hair, gasped. "Look! He has a flame on his forehead, he's the one! We don't know what he's capable of, put him down!"

Two of the Mafiosos shot at him various times. Arashi quickly sidestepped the bullets aimed for him with a calm expression on his face. He dashed toward one of the shooters, and before he could react, kneed him in the stomach. He kicked off from the kneed Mafiosos toward the other shooter, and punched him in the face. Both men were knocked out.

"He's strong..." the Mafioso with purple hair muttered.

"That's right. And with my Dying Will...I shall protect this school!"

There were only two other Mafiosos left conscious aside from the purple-haired one, and both of them dashed at Arashi with knives. Arashi dodged the first stab, and tripped the stabber, then grabbed the hand of the other one before he could stab him, and twisted it. The Mafioso fell to the ground, clenching his broken hand, clenching his teeth and grunting. The other Mafioso stumbled up, and punched at Arashi, who ducked, and threw his own punch, hitting the attacker straight in the face, and sending him against a tree. The Mafioso with the broken hand grabbed for his gun, but Arashi stepped on his hand.

"Reaching for something?" he asked, then crushed the man's hand under his foot.

The purple-haired Mafioso had gotten his fallen comrade's rifle, and was pointing his gun forward. Not at Arashi, but at Hana and her friend, Aki, who had long black hair and brown eyes. There were lunch boxes at their feet, their contents scattered.

"What now, little hero? You move, and they go down. So just be a good little runt and give yerself up, would ya?"

Arashi clenched his teeth. "Damn you..."

Just then, a small rock came from above, and struck the Mafioso on the head, making him stumble back.

[i]Who in the...[/i] he thought, then looked toward the school's roof. [i]Final! Alright, now's my chance![/i]

Arashi dashed forward before the Mafioso could regain his senses, and punched him in the gut. He fell to his knees, and Arashi kneed him, causing him to fly up a bit, before crashing to the ground. He squirmed to get up, but Arashi stepped on his chest.

"You're not going anywhere, punk..." Arashi muttered, and stepped down more, almost breaking one of the Mafioso's ribs.

The man hollered, but Arashi just knelt down and punched him on the face, knocking him out.

Just then, the flame faded and Arashi quickly stood up holding his head. “Ugh, what the hell happened?” he asked.

He looked around and saw the Mafioso group all unconscious. He turned toward the school and saw a large crowd had gathered, with many mutterings and whisperings among them.

A few of the students ran up to him.

“Man, that was awesome!” one guy exclaimed with a grin, giving Arashi a slap on the back.

"How'd you do that?" another asked, his eyes wide.

Soon, a small group had formed around Arashi, asking him all sorts of questions. He actually began to smile, until he saw Hana still standing next to the fallen lunch boxes. A bead of sweat rolled down her cheek, and she gulped.

Arashi frowned, as he saw a lot of students walk away, giving him weird looks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the school day, Arashi started walking home, alone as always, still wondering what happened. Suddenly, he felt a weight on him and looked up. Final was sitting on top of his head, looking ahead.

“So, now do you believe me?” he asked.

Arashi blinked. "Final..."

He nodded. This caused Final to tumble down from his head. Before reaching the ground, however, he spun around once and landed perfectly on the ground.

"Don't nod when I'm sitting on top of your head or I'll fall off, dammit!" he said, glaring at Arashi.

"S-sorry..." the teenager said, then sighed. "I miss my boring life...Hana doesn't even look like she wants to ever see me again...being thrown into such a world is too much...is there no way to go back?"

"There isn't. Now that your destiny has come to you, you can no longer hide from it. On the upside, I'll always be by your side until you become a Mafia boss."

"R-really? That's so great of you!" Arashi exclaimed, smiling.

"No, it's not." Final said, then turned around and begun walking. "It's my job. Now come on, you don't want to miss our flight."

"Flight? I heard nothing about a flight!"

"We're going to Italy, which is the most likely place for a Guardian to be. Remember, you have to find all six of them."

"Right...you could have at least told me, so I can mentally prepare... but tell me, what was up with that dagger? I don't remember anything since the time I was stabbed up until when I came to."

Final stopped walking, and looked back at Arashi. "It was a dagger whose blade made with the same stuff as the Dying Will bullet. It's a material that allows a person to enter "Dying Will Mode", as it is referred to, by giving you the strength to fulfill your Dying Will. It only lasts five minutes though."

"And...if I didn't have a dying will when I was stabbed?"

Final turned away from Arashi again. "Well...I am an assassin..."

[i]J-just what kind of scary person did I get involved with...?[/i] Arashi thought, trembling.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 2 - The Spirited Man and the Red-haired baby]Arashi sighed, and looked out of the small oval window, onto the vast mass of clouds under them, slowly seeming to move. The sun had already set below them, and the sky was darkening. He looked back inside to the baby sitting at his side.

[i]He’s just a baby…but he managed to convince me to go with him to Italy. Oh man, he said telling her I would be gone for an undetermined time to be tutored by a famous professor would be fine, but I still can’t buy that anyone would believe that. Well, now that I’m here, might as well try to get some answers.[/i]

“So,” Arashi said. “Care to tell me more about this whole situation? Like more about these ‘flames’ you mentioned?”

Final looked at him with the usual slight glare. “Alright, but pay attention because I’m only going to say this once. You see, there are seven flames in all; Storm, Sun, Cloud, Mist, Rain, Lightning, and finally, the flame only the bosses posses, the Sky flame.”

Arashi nodded, his chin resting on his hand. “So I have the Sky Flame?”

“Yes, I’m glad you have enough brainpower to figure that out,” Final said.

“Hey!” Arashi objected.

“I’m not joking.”

Arashi rolled his eyes and leaned back on his chair, reaching for his headphones, until he felt weight on top of his head. “Final… may I ask why you insist on sitting on my head?”

Final sat still for a few moments before replying, “I can’t see the outside from the seat…they made them too low.”

[i]You’re just short…[/i] Arashi thought with a chuckle.

A young woman with short auburn hair and wearing a blue uniform walked up to Arashi and Final.

“Excuse me, young man,” she said. “But could you please not put your brother on your head? You don’t have to wear your seatbelts, but that’s still not recommendable.”

“He’s not my brother!”

Final looked down at Arashi. “Can I kill her?”

“No, you can’t!” Arashi exclaimed.

“Oh my, just what have you been teaching your kid brother?” the lady asked.

“He’s not my brother!”

“If you say something like that, it’ll seem as if you smuggled me out of the country, you know?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arashi opened his eyes, and wiped the drool off his chin. He looked around, then saw Final beside him.

“Where are we? How did we get out of the plane?” he asked.

“Don’t ask, just run,” the baby replied.

Arashi raised an eyebrow. “What do you mea-”

He was cut short by the far-away sound of sirens. He looked back and could see several cars speeding toward him in the distance.

“What have you done…?” he asked, turning around only to find Final was already gone.

Arashi gulped, and ran into a tight alley way, then continued running through the streets, turning at several corners, to lose the cars. Just when he stopped to catch his breath, Final appeared in front of him, upside down, hanging by a thin wire.

“You should be careful, those were cops,” he said.

“I know that, damn it!” Arashi yelled. “What were cops doing chasing us? What did you do?”

“Well, I did nothing. Anyway, it’s getting dark. Let’s find a place to sleep.”

“How can you even think about sleeping at a time like this?” Arashi asked with a sigh.

“Over there, let’s go to sleep over there,” Final said, pointing to a small building with a sign that said “Wonder Hotel” in wooden words. The sign leaned slightly, and the building’s paint was faded.

“Over there? I’m a future Mafia boss, don’t we have enough money from whatever the Mafia does to sleep at a more comfortable place?”

“What are you talking about? You’re paying this with your pocket money.”

Before Arashi could object, Final walked inside the Wonder Hotel. Arashi sighed again, and followed him.

Once they were in front of their room, Arashi pulled out the key and stuck it in the keyhole. Still murmuring under his breath about hotels being too expensive these days, he turned the key, and opened the door. The room contained two small beds, and a small table with a vase of dead flowers in the middle.

“Wonderful…” Arashi muttered, then laid down on the bed. Final hopped up on the bed, pulled down the covers a bit, and laid down as well.

[i]Man, today was an eventful day.[/i]

“Goodnight, Arashi,” Final muttered.

Arashi blinked, staying silent for a few seconds, then smiled and said “Goodnight, Final.”

After a few moments of silence, Final spoke.

“Hey, Arashi?”

“Yeah? What is it?” Arashi asked.

“…Could you turn on the light?”

“Why? Do you sense someone nearby?”

“No, but…well…assassins receive no training against the dark.”

Arashi sat up on his bed, and stared at Final. After a second or two, he broke down laughing. “Wow, really? You’re afraid of the dark? Do Mafia assassins usually have weaknesses like that?” he said, still laughing.

“Shut up…anyway, you’d better get a lot of sleep, tomorrow we’ll have an eventful day.”

Arashi nodded, smiling, and closed his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arashi yawned, and sleepily opened his eyes. He was about to bring his hand to rub his eye, but realized he couldn’t. He shook his head a bit to wake himself up, and looked up. His wrists were tied together with handcuffs, and placed around the head of the bed, so he couldn’t move his arms. Arashi squirmed around a bit, even thought it did absolutely nothing. He looked to his side, to find Final was, unlike him, completely free.

“Final, wake up! I’m in a bit of a situation here!” Arashi exclaimed.

Final mumbled a bit, before opening his eyes slowly. He looked at Arashi, then at the handcuffs.

“Oh my,” he said, calmly.

“Don’t you ‘Oh my’ me, get me out of this thing!”

The door to the hotel room suddenly opened, and several policemen walked in, and the last one closed the door behind them. Arashi gasped, and squirmed to get free again.

“It’s no use boy, you can’t escape from these. They’re grade-a steel handcuffs. Not even a tiger could break them,” the taller of the policemen said.

“What is this? I’m just an average high school student! Why is the police after me?”

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know, son. We also happened to know you have some Vongola blood in you. Planning to be a Mafioso just like your ancestors? Forget it, kid, it’s not the right way of life. Then again, it’s already too late for you.”

“What are you talking about?” he said, and turned to Final. “What are they talking about?”

Final just remained lying down. “Ah, he’s here.”

Arashi raised an eyebrow. “Who’s he-”

The door burst open, out of its hinges, and hit one of the cops, knocking him out. The other three turned around, but two of them were quickly knocked out by swift kicks. The taller one reached for his gun, but a baby with spiky orange hair and matching eyes jumped up at him before he could reach it, and kicked him in the face. The policeman flew through the air and hit the wall, cracking it, and fell to the floor unconscious. The baby landed nimbly on the ground, and bowed, his hands together.

“Forgive me for such acts,” he muttered.

Arashi blinked. “Wait, another talking baby? Final, who is he?”

Final looked at the baby that wore a tiny white shirt with short sleeves and tiny black pants.

“That’s an acquaintance of mine, and also someone I was expecting. His name’s Rosso.

Rosso gave a slight bow to Arashi. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Arashi Chiso. I’ve heard you’re the candidate for the 15th Vongola boss. With that said, I have some information that might interest you-”

“Yeah, yeah, that can wait, can you take these handcuffs off of me first?” Arashi asked.

“What handcuffs?”

“These, an-” Arashi began to say, until he realized the handcuffs were next to him on the bed, cut at both wrists. “What in the world? What happened?”

“I simply cut them to free you when I had the chance. Did I do something wrong?”

Arashi sat up on the bed, looking at the baby. “Not at all, thanks. You’re really quick.”

“Thank you. Anyway, as I was saying before, I got the information Final asked for. I found out who one of your Guardians is. His name is Tony Volvola. You can’t miss him, he always wears a Karate uniform on his way back from school, and a golden necklace.”

Final nodded and said, “Thank you Rosso. Arashi, let’s get going, the sooner we find him the sooner we can get out of here.” He jumped up and then hopped on Arashi’s head.

“And why exactly do you need to be on top of my head now?” Arashi asked.

“It’s easier than walking, wouldn’t you agree?”

Arashi sighed, and began walking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arashi had decided to walk around the quietest routes, with less people. This was not only to avoid police attention, but also because Rosso had told them this was the path Tony usually took after school.

“Hey, look over there,” Final said suddenly, dragging Arashi back behind the corner.

Arashi looked to see three Mafioso cornering a young man with brown hair that fell to his brow, and who wore a karate uniform.

“From that gold necklace, and the karate uniform, that’s likely to be our guy,” Final said looking at the man and then down at Arashi.

The two then stayed quiet as one of the Mafioso, one with slick black hair, talked to Tony.

“Sorry kid, but we‘ve been ordered to end your life. And that means your time’s up.”

“I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about!” the young man said, backing up a bit.

The thugs ran at him without another word. Tony clenched his teeth and got into a stance. He sidestepped as the first thug, and elbowed him in the back, causing him to fall to his knees. The second one punched at him. He blocked it with his left forearm, then did an uppercut with his right, knocking the thug off his feet. The first thug stood up and pulled out a knife.

Arashi gulped, and moved to help. Before he could, however, he felt Final pulling at his shirt, preventing him from going forward.

“What are you doing? We have to help him, he could get killed!”

“Just shut up and watch, will you?” Final muttered.

The Mafioso with the knife stabbed at Tony, who, in a swift movement, spun around, disrupting the knife’s path by using his forearm to push the Mafioso’s hand upward, then elbowed him in the gut. The attacker gasped, and fell to the floor, unconscious.

“This guy is…wow!” Arashi exclaimed, his eyes wide, and his body tense.

The third Mafioso, a man with dark brown hair in an afro and well-defined cheekbones, stepped forward and cracked his knuckles.

“Let’s see how you fare against me, punk!” he said as he quickly swung at the young man, who raised his forearm to deflect the blow. But the force of the punch was more than he had expected, and he stumbled back, his left arm aching. The Mafioso swung at him again, but this time he ducked and punched him on the stomach, causing him to step back, a bit shaken. The Mafioso glared at Tony, and stepped forward without warning, then kicked his face, causing him to fall back.

“Alright, that’s it Final. I’m going to stop this,” Arashi said.

“Hmm, perhaps this is the limit of his ability after all…” Final muttered.

He began to slide the dying will dagger out of its sheath, but stopped when he saw Tony get up, his fists clenched.

He stood up and wiped the blood off his mouth. “I will make a miracle!” he yelled.

“Wha-?” The Mafioso asked.

Tony dashed forward and kneed the Mafioso in the chest after ducking his punch, then kicked the Mafioso’s arm. He delivered a punch to the Mafioso’s jaw, watching him fall to the ground. The Mafioso tried to get up, but Tony stepped forward and chopped the back of his head, taking his consciousness from him The young man, sweating and panting, then moved away from the three Mafioso on the ground.

“Well that was interesting, wouldn’t you agree?” Final asked, as he hopped off of Arashi’s head and walked toward Tony.

The young man turned around, and saw both Arashi and Final. “You guys with them?” he asked. “If so, be ready to end up like those guys!”

“Relax, karate kid, we’re not with them. My name is Final and the average-looking guy behind me is Arashi Chiso.”

“Average-looking, huh?” Arashi muttered, looking at Final then back at Tony.

“Well nice to meet both of you. I’m Tony Volvola, the strongest karate specialist in my school.” Tony said with a smile.

“Yeah, we know. Now, if you don’t mind…” Final muttered.

He reached in his pocket and then pulled out a small cloth. He laid the cloth on the ground and opened it. Both Arashi and Tony looked at the cloth and saw seven rings sitting on them. Final stared at the rings for a bit, then picked one up and tossed it to Tony.

He caught the ring in his hand, but when he did it began to faintly glow with an yellow light. “Yellow light…the hell??” he asked looking at the ring.

Final smirked. “No doubt about it.”

“Doubt about what?” Tony asked.

“You, Tony, are the Vongola’s Sun Guardian.”[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 3 - Drinks and a Savior]“You said I’m this guy’s Sun Guardian or something, right?” Tony asked as he walked with Arashi and Final by his side. “What’s that mean, exactly?”

Final, who was sitting on top of Arashi’s head, nodded and said, “You’re right, I’m glad you memorized it so quickly. And I’m glad you seem to believe it.”

“I don’t believe it all, to be honest. I mean, sure you’re a talking baby, but it’s still a lot to swallow, what with the whole Mafia stuff.”

[i]Yeah, especially when you get forcibly dragged out of your home and comfort by said talking baby…[/i] Arashi thought, looking to the side with a frown.

“Something bothering you, Arashi?”

“N-not at all, why would you think such a silly thing?” Arashi said with a fake smile.

Final jumped off Arashi‘s head, and glared directly at him. “You do realize I can read your mind, right?”

“W-Wha?” Arashi said, his eyes wide. “I thought nothing about you forcibly dragging me away from my house against my will!”

Final smirked. “You’re easy to fool. Might want to work on that.”

He turned around and began walking away, Tony following him.

Arashi stood there for a few moments, then sighed, lowering his head. “He totally got me…”

He looked up at Final and Tony, who were walking farther away, and smiled a bit. Then, he followed them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes after they entered a nearby bar, the three sat down on an empty table in the corner. The place didn’t seem to be very popular, considering there were only seven or eight people there aside from the bartender, waitress, and Arashi’s group. Arashi frowned, but shook the thought out of his mind as he heard Tony clear his throat.

The brown-haired teen crossed his hands on the table. “Alright, I’ll get right to the point. I have a lot to do around here. I just can’t leave and go with you guys just like that. Sorry, but you might need to find a new Guardian or whatever. There’s plenty of strong people though, so it won’t be hard for you, I think.”

Final hopped on the table and glared at Tony. “I never said it was a debate. You were chosen for this, you have to accept your destiny. It should be a simple enough matter to get you ready to go on a trip around the world.”

“And it can’t be anyone else?”

“Sorry to say, but no.”

Tony fell silent, his eyes shifting from Final to Arashi.

A minute passed, before the silence was interrupted by a waitress, carrying a tray with three sodas on it. She had pink hair tied in twin tails, and large green eyes.

“Here you are gentlemen,” she said with a slight giggle.

“Um, we never ordered any drinks ma’am.” Arashi said.

The waitress smiled and said, “I know hun, these are on the house!”

Her hand hovered over the tray for a bit, then she picked up a glass and placed it in front of Arashi. Then, without hesitation, she placed the other two glasses in front of Final and Tony, one for each. She then walked over behind the counter and into the kitchen.

“Well, that was really nice of her.” Tony said before proceeding to gulp down his soda.

Arashi placed his hand on his chin, making a slight humming sound. He looked around the place, a slight frown on his face.

Tony noticed this and put down his nearly empty glass. “Here, it’s on the house you might as well drink up.”

Arashi scratched the back of his head and said, “If it’s all the same to you, I rather not. This place gives me weird vibes.”

“Suit yourself.” Tony said, as he finished his own soda and reached for Arashi’s.

“Gluttony is a sin,” Final said. “Just stick with your soda, will you?”

Tony blinked, then blushed a bit and slunk his hand back. “Right.”

Arashi stared intently at his drink, a purple liquid with a layer of bubbles on top. After a minute or so, he heard a thump on the table. He quickly turned to see Tony slouched over, his head on the table.

“What the hell?“ Arashi said standing up a little. “Final, I think these drinks were spiked, an-” He stopped short as he saw Final asleep as well, curled up on the table. “You drank it too? Oh this is just great.”

Not long after he said this, a few chairs were heard moving around. Arashi turned around and saw the men in the bar standing up, wielding guns and knives.

The waitress walked out from the kitchen, carrying an Uzi aimed at Arashi. “Don’t move!”

[i]She was in on it…this isn’t good.[/i] Arashi thought. [i]Without Final, I can’t use the Dying Will or whatever…[/i]

“What’s going on?” he asked, stepping out of the round table slowly.

“Haven’t you guessed yet, young Vongola?” The waitress smirked. “We were sent to eliminate you. Now, how about you die like a good boy?”

Arashi clenched his teeth, paying close attention to the men who had gotten up from their chairs and were slowly closing in on him. There was one guy who was carrying a pistol, and was closest to Arashi. Arashi gulped, and looked to the side, as if alarmed. The man looked as well, and Arashi took the opportunity to tackle him to the ground. He wrestled the pistol away from the man, and stood up, pointing it forward.

“What are you planning to do with that, boy?” the waitress asked. “Even if you shoot one of us, or even two, the others can still get you.”

[i]Damn it, she’s right…[/i] Arashi thought, sweat drops forming on his forehead.

“Alright, you know what to do, men. Kill the boy as cleanly as possible, but don’t harm the Arcobaleno,” the waitress said.

“Arcobaleno?” one of the men asked.

The waitress sighed, covering her face with her palm. “The baby. Don’t harm the baby.”

Arashi blinked. He turned the gun to face the sleeping Final.

“You move, and the baby gets it,” Arashi said.

The waitress smiled nervously. “Don’t be silly, boy. You think we care if the baby dies?”

Arashi pulled the trigger, making a clicking noise. The waitress dropped her tray, and reached out her hand a bit.

“Well look at that, you were so worried you didn’t even notice the safety was on,” Arashi said.

The waitress bit her lip, but she caught a movement on the corner of her eye, and smirked.

“What are you smiling about? I have the advantage her-”

Before Arashi could finish, he was knocked on the head, and fell forward, cringing.

“Oops, didn’t knock him out,” the short man behind the fallen Arashi said.

Arashi reached for the gun he dropped when he fell, but one of the thugs kicked it away, then stepped on his hand, looking down at him with a smile.

"You didn’t really think you could win, right? This is an adult’s world, boy, and you’re no adult.”

The man that had knocked Arashi down suddenly fell to the floor himself, unconscious.

“And that’s…how you do it.”

“T-Tony!” Arashi exclaimed, looking up at the brown-haired youth.

He was hunched over slightly, his eyes drooping, but his mouth was curved into a smile, and his fist was raised.

“I need to thank Final. If I had drank your soda too, I’d be totally out of it. It seems they spiked it, but I guess my little dozing off earlier gave you that information.”

“Another inconvenience?” the waitress asked, with a sigh. “But you won’t be able to fight all these men at once. They have guns, and they‘re ready to kill you.”

“Oh yeah?” Tony said, and charged forward at the nearest man, who was tall and had a brown mustache, and punched him in the face.

The man flew back and landed on the floor. One of the other men, who was a little chubby and had a black and white bandana, pointed his pistol at Tony and shot. Tony cringed, but the bullet never touched him. He looked down and saw it on the ground, rolling slightly.

“What the heck?”

“Hey, kid, what did you just do?” the man who shot the gun asked.

“I…” Tony muttered.

He looked down at his fist, then at the man. He gulped, and stepped forward.

“I blocked that bullet so fast you didn’t even see my hand move!” he exclaimed. “And if you don’t leave, I’ll beat you in the blink of an eye!”

Some of the men shook a tad, and one of them even dropped their weapons. The bigger one of the bunch, however, smirked.

“It was just a fluke. The bullet probably missed and bounced off of something,” he said, aiming his Uzi at Tony.

[i]Damn it, I really thought it would work. But what was it that blocked that bullet? Was it really a fluke?[/i]

The brown-haired teen clenched his teeth, closing his eyes. When the man pulled the trigger, a hail of bullets sped toward him, but only one grazed his shoulder. The rest came to rest on the ground.

“What in th-” the man muttered, stepping back a bit.

Tony took this opportunity to dash forward. He jabbed the man in the gut, before he could shoot his gun, then kneed him on the face, knocking him unconscious. He flipped a nearby table backward to block more bullets, then grabbed a fallen empty bottle of wine and tossed it as hard as he could at the last of the men with guns. The man let out a yelp before the bottle hit him on the face, causing heavy bleeding. Tony ran up to him and did a battle cry, before nailing the bleeding man with an upward kick, causing him to fly up on the air, then land back down.

Tony looked around, and saw no more men trying to attack them. They were all unconscious, as far as he could see. He looked behind him to see Arashi had grabbed the waitress from behind, holding her wrist firmly downward, so she couldn’t use her gun.

“Damn it, let go of me, kid!” the waitress exclaimed.

“No way, explain why you wanted me dead!”

The waitress clenched her teeth, growling as she struggled with Arashi’s grip. She then stepped on Arashi’s foot, causing him to yelp and loosen his grip. She aimed her Uzi at Tony and fired. This time, the bullet wasn’t blocked by the unseen force, and it zoomed past Tony, right above his shoulder. There was a groan behind Tony, and he turned around. He saw a man with a knife fall to his knees, then collapse to the ground.

He turned to the waitress, eyes wide. She simply stood there with her arms crossed, frowning.

“What?” she asked.

“Did you just…?” Arashi began, his mouth agape. “Why did you…?”[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 4 - Home and Sweet Dreams]Tony crouched down and picked up a bullet absentmindedly. He fingered it for a bit, before tossing it back to the ground. He got up and walked to a nearby table, sitting next to Arashi. They both stared at the pink-haired girl sitting across from them.

“So why did you help us?” Arashi asked.

“Just be glad I saved you, alright? I’ve got my reasons, and they’re none of your business.”

Tony rested his head on his palm. “So, what’s your name anyway? You seem to know ours pretty well. Then again, you seem to know us pretty well too.”

“My job requires some…research at times. And my name’s Maria.”

Arashi opened his mouth to say something, but turned to Final as he saw the cloaked baby yawn, and open his eyes. He rubbed them with his tiny fist.

“Well, that was a nice nap,” he commented.

“Oh Final, the effects of the drug finally wore off on you?” Arashi asked.

“What effects? I didn’t drink that soda, it was drugged. Why would I drink it? Actually, why would YOU drink it, are you stupid or something?”

Arashi sighed. “I didn’t, but Tony did. And we got attacked by a bunch of thugs. Why didn’t you help us?”

“It was time for nap,” Final answered, as if that justified everything.

“Arcobaleno…you’re sure carefree,” Maria said, staring at him. “Your student could have died. You know how much trouble that would bring me?”

Final shook his head. “Nah, Arashi wouldn’t die like that.”

“Final…” Arashi muttered, a small smile forming on his face.

"You know what they say, idiots die last.”

“Final…” Arashi muttered again, his smile quickly turning into a frown.

“One thing I don’t get though,” Tony said, tapping his cheek with his index finger. “Why didn’t those bullets hit me? It wasn‘t you, right Maria?”

“No. I’m skilled, but I couldn’t have blocked all those bullets without giving away the fact I was on your side.”

“S-so you COULD block those bullets under other circumstances?” Arashi asked, his mouth slightly agape.

“It’s a simple matter for a trained assassin to do something like that, provided the right conditions. Anyway, enough useless questions. I happen to know where another of your guardians is. So we head there as soon as possible.’

“Wait, where are we going?” Tony asked.

“Colombia. It’s in Latin America, if you didn’t know.”

Arashi smirked nervously. “Yeah, we all knew where Colombia was. But won’t getting there be a problem? Especially if we’re being hunted by the police, AND by these random mafia people…”

“Don’t you worry about that, Arashi,” Final said. “I took care of it already. And Maria…thanks for giving my pupil and his friends a small scare.”

Arashi stared at Final for a bit, before it finally dawned on him.

“Wait…you KNEW about this?”

Final hopped off the table, and began walking toward

“You can say that.”

“He’s a bit hard to adapt to, isn’t he?” Tony asked, smiling a bit.

Arashi sighed, and let his head slam on the desk, resting it there for a bit.

“Well you two can stay there, I’m going to actually follow the guy with a way to get us to Colombia.”

With that, Maria got up and walked off, and out of the bar.

“It’s funny,” Arashi said, finally raising his head from the table. “A few days ago, I never imagined my life would involve going anywhere out of Japan. But I’ve already been to Italy, and I’m supposed to go to Colombia. And we haven’t even really started yet. But I’m honestly glad there’s someone normal with me I can talk with.”

“To be honest, Arashi…” Tony said. “I actually don’t think I can go with you guys. I mean, it sounds fun and all, but I can’t just leave my old life behind so suddenly, you know?”

Arashi blinked. “Well I know what you mean…but you heard what Final said. You don’t really have a choice. Sorry…”

Tony closed his eyes, his hand on his chin. He stood up, and began pacing a bit. He glanced over the counter, then back at Arashi.

“What if I join you guys later? Like, what if we meet somewhere in a bit? I can’t leave my life behind now, but if I have some time, I probably can settle things enough so that I can go with you.”

“Well that sounds good, but where would we meet again? I mean, it would be pretty hard to come back to Italy, I think.”

“I’ll go to Japan then!” Tony said, grinning. “Yeah, it’s perfect, dude! While you’re in Colombia, I’ll settle things in Italy, and go wait for you in Japan. Hell, I might even do some research on the Vongola while I’m there. What do you think?”

“Hmm…that does sound like a good plan. Alright,” Arashi said, standing up, and walking toward Tony. “I’ll hold you to that.”

He held out his hand and Tony shook it, both of them grinning.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“So…how long until we land?” Arashi said, looking at Maria, who sat to his right.

“Only a few more hours. If you’re bored, go to sleep,” she answered, looking away.

Arashi rested his head on the oval window, and glanced outside at the sea of clouds.

[i]Tony…I wonder…will you really be able to keep your promise…?[/i][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 5 - Magic Tricks and Swimsuits]
“Finally…” Maria said, holding her stomach, once the plane had landed, and they were on land. “I don’t see how people can stand flying. Being on the ground is infinitely better.”

Arashi turned to Maria. “Alright, so where should we look for the next guardian?”

“I don’t know exactly, but he’s in the town next to the airport.”

“Well that still leaves a lot of stuff to cover…but I suppose we can do it,” Arashi said.

Final jumped on top of Arashi’s head and sat down. “Well, what are you waiting for? Mush, you lazy kid.”

Arashi grumbled, and he and Maria went to exit the airport. Before they could, however, a man walked in front of them, dressed in a security guard uniform.

“Adonde están sus pasaportes?” he asked.

“Um…what? Final…”Arashi said. “Can you tell me what this guy is saying?”

“Figure it out yourself. Our guardian might only speak Spanish, you know.”

Arashi sighed. “Ah…señor…me no habla…Español. Comprende?”

The security guard laughed. “Oh, sorry. I’ll need your passport.”

“…Okay then,” Arashi said, reaching inside his pocket. “Um…just give me a second.”

“Arashi…did you lose your passport?” Final asked.

“…Damn it, I did!” Arashi whispered.

“Um…” Arashi said, turning back to the guard. “Look! A robber!”

The security guard turned, and Arashi took this chance to grab Maria’s hand, with Final still sitting on his head, and hightail it out of there.

As they arrived in the town, they were a bit surprised by the parades, and strangely-dressed people. The woman in particular, wore skimpy, glimmering outfits. There was laughter and people all around.

“It’s probably a traditional festival,” Maria muttered.

“We should try and blend in. I mean…you DID just run away from a law official, Arashi. Again.”

“Don’t remind me…”

They all went inside a store, and a few minutes later walked back out with completely different clothing. Arashi wore a long, green toga-like bottom, which sparkled, and a gold-colored traditional shirt. Final had taken on a pineapple outfit, with only his face and limbs sticking out of it. They both seemed quite pleased with their choices, but Maria, on the other hand, had an unwavering frown on her face, and her arms crossed.

“Why so down?” Arashi asked.

“Just look at me!” she exclaimed, pointing to herself.

She wore basically a gold-colored swimsuit, which was a bit too revealing for her taste.

“Well I think you look nice,” Arashi said with a smile.

“Shut up, you! We’re here on a mission, I can’t believe that’s all they’re selling for women to wear. They must all be a bunch of perverts.”

Arashi shrugged, and turned back to facing the parades.

[i]It’s really quite something, the way they’re parading. It seems they’re really enjoying themselves. There’s really nothing like this is Japan, that I’ve been to…but then again, this is a whole different country,[/i] he thought with a small chuckle. [i]I wonder what else is here, and not in Japan. Oh right, I almost forgot! I have to look for my guardian![/i]

They walked around for a bit, examining the sights, before coming across a circle of people.

“Now look in your back pocket. You’re card was the Queen of Hearts!” came a voice from inside the circle.

The circle people cheered, and clapped. Arashi smiled.

“Wah, a magic show? Let’s see it!” he said, and wormed his way into the crowd. Finally, he managed to reach the front part of it, where he could directly see the inner circle, empty except for a teenager, and a dozen or so various tools for performing magic tricks.

The teenager wore a black magician’s outfit. He had a sort of black hair that, to Arashi, made him seem Asian, and slender black eyes. His skin was slightly tan, though also somewhat pale, and he had a slender frame.

“Arashi, just what are you looking at?” Final asked. “We’re supposed to be looking for your guardian.”

He glanced up at Final and said, “Sorry, Final. Just…when I was younger I always enjoyed magic shows. And I‘m really excited to see if Colombian magic shows are the same as ours.”

“Very well. But after this I expect you to work twice as hard in finding your guardian.”

“Now for this next trick, I’ll need a volunteer,” the magician said as he looked around the crowd. His eyes stopped at a young lady with fair skin, almond-shaped green eyes, and blond hair with streaks of red in them.

“How about you, senorita?” he asked, in an irresistible tone.

The young lady’s face turned red, as she slowly nodded and got up on the stage with the magician.

“And now, for the vanishing act.” he said as he brought in a huge table cloth. He tossed it over top of the young lady and then said, “And then faster than you can say my name, Rafael Salvador…” he said, then pushed down on the cloth, meeting no resistance, then rose it up quickly. And the lady was gone just like that. The crowd, including Arashi, stood there for a few seconds, silently, then began clapping and cheering.

Maria hid a slight blush. “I guess that guy isn’t so bad…”

“Now watch closely.” Rafael said as he held the table cloth up again. He swept it off once again, and there the lady stood once more.

“Amazing…” Arashi muttered as the rest of the crowd cheered for Rafael.

Rafael smiled and said, “I would love to continue this, but alas, I must leave. Adios!” He clapped his hands together and with a puff of smoke, he vanished.

The crowd, now dissipating, Arashi looked at Final and said, “Definitely better than the ones I saw when I was younger.”

Final nodded and then muttered something to himself. No one else heard him, but at the moment, they didn’t care.

When it was already dark, the three stopped at a hotel to take a rest. As soon as they entered the room, Maria threw herself onto an empty bed, not even bothering to change out of the gold-colored swimsuit she seemed to dislike quite a bit. As soon as she laid down on the bed, she was sleeping like a baby.

Final looked at Arashi and said, “Stay here for a few minutes. I’m going out for a walk.”

“W-Wait…” Arashi began to say, but remembered that Final was an assassin, so he would probably be fine. Heck, even if policemen found him, and tried to take him to the police station while they called his parents, he doubted the policemen would have a very long life to live afterwards. But then again, that’s what scared him.

It was now about 8:00 PM, and Final had left around 7:00 PM. This made Arashi begin to worry. He moved over to Maria and then pushed her shoulder, waking her up. “Maria, we gotta find Final. He told me he was going for a walk around seven and he hasn’t been back since.” he said, trying to hide the fact that he was nervous about Final being out by himself.

Maria groaned and then finally got up. “Fine…let’s get going…” she simply said with a yawn.

As the two began to search for Final, the festival was winding down and ending for the evening. Without most of the people running around the town, it seemed like it was a deserted ghost town.

“Man, this place is starting to give me the creeps.” Maria said, as she held her arms, following close behind Arashi.

Arashi paused for a moment, hearing a small voice. [i]That voice…Final!![/i] he thought as he ran towards a small alley.

When they got there, they made sure to stay behind the corner, so they wouldn’t be seen. Arashi peeked in and saw a small table with two people sitting. Final was indeed there. But what surprised Arashi the most was the other person; Rafael. He was also there, and it seems he was listening to Final talk, though Arashi could just barely make out what Final was saying due to his child voice.

“So in short, that’s what I have to say. Become a Vongola guardian to the new boss Arashi, we could really use the skills you possess.” Final said with a small nod.

Rafael smirked and then scoffed a little. “Well then, chico, my answer is no. I mean, why should I give up everything just to be a ‘guardian’ or whatever? And besides, that job sounds too much like work. I prefer to live the easy life that I got right here.” he said, spreading his arms.

“You can’t just live the easy life!” Arashi shouted, coming out from his hiding spot.

Whilst Maria was surprised, and Final had raised an eyebrow at Arashi’s outburst, Rafael simply chuckled and said, “What are you talking about? Just look at me.”

“I gave up everything I had just to go on this crazy journey to find these guardians, whom I never met, and are ALL around the globe. I gave it all up, my home, my family, my friends… I didn’t feel I had what it took, and I still don’t. But it’s my destiny or whatever, so I have to accept it. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.” he said, then sighed. “Rafael…you’re lucky…you’re able to follow your dreams and have everything you ever wanted.”

Rafael stood up from the table, the single light of the alley casting a dark shadow on his slightly lowered face.

“You think THIS is the life I wanted?” he asked, chuckling. “Chico, you really are a fool, just like the baby said. You think that I’m satisfied with how I’m living? This is the only way I know how to live…I can’t do anything else, so I do this…and you think I like this?”

“W-well, I…” Arashi muttered, thrown slightly off-balance. He had assumed Rafael liked what he did based on the fact he looked so happy in his performance.

“Let me tell you something, you think I’m good with the ladies, right? You‘re wrong. I couldn’t even win over the girl of my dreams. It’s happened several times already! THAT'S why I live like this...because it's the only life I CAN live!”

Arashi looked away. He turned away and walked past Maria. Before he simply walked away, he turned his head and said, “Getting the girl of your dreams, that I can understand. That was one of the things I had to leave to go on this stupid journey. But I’m not sure she’ll even want me anymore…not after she saw me like… that. You said you’re not happy with the way you live, so…just for the sake of argument…think about the offer.” He then walked off, leaving Maria, Final, and Rafael in the alley.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 6 - Home Sweet Home and a Sour Note on Top]“Hey, Maria…?” Arashi asked, scratching his head.

“What is it?”

“Do you ever think…what if what we’re doing is wrong? I mean…we’re taking people from their lives, without any explanation except they were chosen. These people have lives too. So why are we deciding their futures?”

Maria stared at him for a bit before sighing. “Idiot, isn’t it a bit too late to say that? When you’ve already taken two normal people from their lives?”

“Two? Tony…and Rafael…and with you makes three.”

“I’m not exactly normal…” Maria said, turning away.

“What do you…” Arashi began to ask, then was interrupted by a whistle from Final.

“Can you do us a favor and stay out of dreamland? We have to get going.” he said, glaring at Arashi.

“R-right, Final. I was just thinking about some stuff…” Arashi said, sighing as he stood up and grabbed his bag. “Anyway, Final, what ring DID react to Rafael?”

“It was a light blue flame,” Final said. “So what flame type would that be?”

“A quiz on the flames? I barely had time to study on the plane, thought…”

“Just answer the question.”

“Umm, is it the rain flame?” Arashi asked.

Final smirked. “Well, well, it seems Hyper Intuition is starting to kick in.”

“Well, actually…I kind of just guessed at random,” Arashi said, scratching his head.

“…Right, anyway, we’re going back to Japan to meet up with Tony, aren‘t we? Get a move on.”

“Okay…but why do we have to go in THIS thing?” Arashi asked, signaling to the slightly rusty, and small plane. The paint was wearing thin, and the Vongola emblem painted on the front had almost completely faded. It was hardly unnoticeable, but Arashi could swear one wing was facing downward a bit.

“Because we can’t very well take a normal plane, seeing as we’re wanted somewhat criminals already. Well, using this will probably lead us to be persecuted even further, but oh well, you’ll deal with it when the time comes,” Final said, jumping on the driver’s seat of the plane.

“E-even if you say that…” Arashi muttered. He sighed, and climbed onto the plane, in the backseat.

Maria stood at the top of the stairs, glaring at both of them. “And where am I supposed to sit?”

“I…actually need you to be in the driver’s seat,” Final said.

Maria nodded and got into the pilot’s seat, with Final moving aside a bit.

“Alright, since I’m driving this now, I-”

“You’re not driving, though.”

“Huh? Then why am I here?”

Final glared at Maria for a moment, before sitting on her lap and gripping the steering wheel.

“I can’t reach anything but the wheel by myself…”

Arashi covered his mouth, snickering.

“Whatever,” Final said with a small cough. “Let’s just go.”

He sat there for a bit, staring forward. Finally, he looked back, glaring at Maria.

“O-oh, right. I have to manage everything else,” Maria said, looking away, then added under her breath. “Damn baby.” She pulled a thick lever, and the plane began to rumble.

“Hey, Chico!” a voice yelled.

Arashi turned to where it was coming from, and saw a very familiar figure running toward the plane. “Rafael! S-so you really decided to come?” he said smiling a little.

The black-haired teenager, still in his magician’s outfit, stopped and caught his breath for a moment, then smirked. “Oh contraire, amigo, I finally decide to come with you guys. But…there is one condition. I get to take that señorita you have with you on a date!”

“I don’t think so Rico Sauvé! You can take me on a date in the day the world ends!”

“I’ll hold you to that,” Rafael said, chuckling. "Well, I suppose that was to be expected. But fine, I'll go either way. I’ve taken a bit of an interest in you, Chico.”

“Huh?” Arashi said, slowly getting up. “Why is that, Rafael?”

Rafael shrugged and said, “I don’t really, it’s just something about you that interests me. Now let’s get a move on, we have to go to Japan, right?”

Rafael looked outside his window and smiled slightly. [i]Well Colombia, it’s been fun. But I’ve got somewhere to be. Adios![/i] he thought as the plane soared high in the sky. He was startled as Final tossed a ring backward, but was able to catch it.

“This is the symbol of the Rain Guardian,” Final said. “As a Vongola Guardian, you must wear it.”

Rafael examined the ring, turning it slightly to each side. What caught his eye most was the stone at the center.

“Thanks, I guess,” he said, sliding it on.

Hours later, the plane touched down in Japan. More specifically, Arashi’s backyard. Final didn’t think Arashi would mind a few broken meters of fence. Nor did he much care.

Arashi stepped out of the plane, staring at the broken fence. “Final…did you really have to park the plane right next to my house?”

“Of course. Since this isn‘t a legal plane, we can’t go barging into the airport with it. We have to be subtle.”

“T-there are so many things wrong with what you just said…”

“So this is your home country, eh, Chico?” Rafael said, looking around as he stepped down from the plane. “Looks pretty quiet.”

“O-oh, yeah. Tony’s supposed to be here already. I gave him my house address, so he should be inside already. Let’s go see him!” Arashi said, smiling. He ran around the house, to the front door, and found it was open. “Huh…did mom forget to close it?” He stepped inside slowly, and turned on the lights. As soon as he did so, he stumbled back and fell on his behind. He gulped, and began stuttering; wanting words to come out, though they refused to.

Rafael, Maria, and Final entered the house after him. Rafael saw Arashi sitting on the floor shaking and was about to ask why, when he looked ahead. Maria was already holding her hand over her mouth, looking away.

In front of them lay a pool of blood. Facing them, on the floor, was a middle-aged woman’s head, severed from the body. The mouth was half-open, and there was a line of dry blood coming down from the chin. On the table, sprawled out and with both arms missing, was a middle-aged man. His eyes were open, blankly staring into the ceiling.

Rafael opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it, and merely lowered the brim of his magician’s hat.

“Hmm…so this happened after all,” Final muttered, standing next to the sitting Arashi.

Arashi slowly turned to the baby, his hands still on the sides of his head form a bit before. “W-what are you talking about…?”he muttered.

“I know who did this. And I know why. I was actually expecting something like this. But I didn’t think they’d act so soon.”

Arashi, still shaking, clenched his teeth. He picked up Final by the collar and raised him up to eye level.

“Y-you knew this was going to happen? Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked, raising his voice.

“You weren’t ready.”

“My parents are dead!” Arashi yelled. “And you knew this would happen!”

“Actually, it was only a guess, nothing was certa-”

Tears flowed down Arashi‘s cheeks, as he clenched his grip on Final’s collar. “You didn’t tell me this! I could have stopped whoever did this! It‘s your fault they’re dead! Tell me, who did this?”

“A small group out to eliminate the remainder of the Vongola.”

“…W-what?” Arashi muttered.

“That’s right. They went after your parents because of you. Because you’re the boss of the Vongola.”

Arashi swallowed dryly. He slowly shook his head. “N-no…it’s not true. Y-you’re saying…”

“Your parents are dead because of you,” Maria muttered.

“That’s right.”[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 7 - Trap and Forgetfulness]
Arashi and the others headed out, away from his house. All throughout their way, Arashi just walked slightly behind them, his head lowered.

“By the way,” Rafael began. “Didn’t we come here looking for someone?”

Final nodded. “That’s right. But with Arashi in the state his in, it’ll be as if just the three of us are looking. And you haven’t seen Tony, Rafael, so only me and Maria could identify him.”

“The Chico took it harder than expected,” Rafael said, with a sigh. “But that’s alright. We’re not in a rush, right?”

“Wrong,” Maria said. “If the people who did this to Arashi’s family are still here, which is always a possibility, our time is more pressed than we thought.”

“We have no idea what kind of enemy we’re fighting,” Final added. “Or what are their numbers, but the safest bet is to get as many companions as possible.”

“You’re right…say, isn’t there a possibility there’s another Guardian here in Japan?” Rafael asked.

Final nodded. “There is a possibility. But without any information, how would we find them?”

“You got lucky and found me,” he replied, smirking slightly.

Final brought his hand to his chin, his attention focused on the ground in front of him. "Hmmm, alright, I’m going to check something. You guys wait here or whatever. I’ll probably be back soon.”

With that, Final jumped up onto a nearby rooftop, and disappeared from sight. Rafael looked over at Maria, and the silent Arashi.

“Hey, how about we go get some coffee, amigos?” he suggested, grinning.

Maria raised an eyebrow, her arms crossed. “I don’t see why not. Better than standing here, I guess.”

“And what about you, Chico?” he asked, drawing his face closer to Arashi’s.

Arashi mumbled something, but gave no other response.

“I’ll take that as a yes. Come on, I want to taste Japanese coffee!” he said, dragging Maria and Arashi toward the nearest one. Once they reached it, they sat down at the closest table. A waitress soon came to attend to them.

“May I take your order?”

“Why, yes you may!” Rafael answered. “Two cappuccinos, for me and my quiet pal here.”

“And you, young lady?”

“I’ll take something that doesn’t involve poison.”

The waitress frowned a bit. “I’m afraid I don’t understand…”

“Maria, I know you’re an assassin,” Rafael said. “But this is just a coffee shop. No need to get paranoid.”

“Oh, really. So I guess normal Japanese coffee shops have waitresses carry pens that have blades on them?”

“What do you-” Rafael began to say, before the waitress tossed her pen at his face. Maria caught it, the blade protruding from the back of the pen inches from Rafael’s face. “Woah, they do NOT have these in Colombia,” Rafael exclaimed, standing up.

Maria tossed the pen aside. “Now I’d say since we attracted attention, the ‘employees’ are going to be a little violent with us.”

“Oh, joy.”

The waitress took out a blade from her dress, and slashed at Maria, who caught her hand. But when she tried to wrestle the blade away from the waitress, she got tossed aside easily. She broke her fall with a roll, then stood up, quickly getting into a fighting motion.

“Watch out, these guys are super strong!”

Rafael was stuck dodging a flurry of blades thrown at him by the cashier. The cashier dashed forward, and jabbed at Rafael, who jumped back, and took out a deck of cards from his sleeve. He tossed the Three of Spades and the Four of Spades at the man, both which cut straight through his stomach as if it was made of sandpaper. The cashier fell down, making raspy groans. Rafael picked up the two cards, cleaned the blood on them with a nearby napkin, and slid them back in the deck.

“H-how did you DO that?” Maria asked, dodging a blow from the waitress, and kicking her on the side of the face, throwing her off balance.

“It’s a special deck of cards. Each suit has a different power, and the higher the number, the bigger the power. Don’t ask where I got it, I won’t answer. Let’s just get out of here.”

Maria turned toward the entrance, and saw it was being guarded by a bulky security guard. “No chance, it’s blocked…” she muttered.

“Didn’t I tell you?” Rafael said, taking out the Seven of Hearts from his deck. “Each suit has a different power.” He tossed the card at the man, but he caught it in midair.

Maria clenched her teeth. “Damn it…”

“Oh, you sure?” Rafael said, smirking. Then the man suddenly stumbled forward, and fell to the floor.

“W-what was that?”

“Hearts are like a goodnight kiss. You touch it, you go night-night. Had to use quite a high number for a guy his size, though. Anyway, let’s get out of here!” Rafael and Maria ran out of the coffee shop, and Rafael was careful not to forget his Seven of Hearts.

“Alright, based on that little encounter, it would be best to assume everyone in this town is either dead, hidden, or against us,” Maria said.

“Actually, they might have been against us…but, to me it seemed like they were…I don’t know, possessed or something. Did you see their eyes? They seemed kind of dead.”

Maria furrowed her brow. “If you’re right, that means our opponent has the power to control or possess people. Depending on the extent of that ability, we can be in very big trouble…”

Final met up with Rafael and Maria a few minutes later, as they were sitting on a bench silently. “Alright, I’ve got the info I wanted, an-” Final began, then looked around. “Where’s Arashi?”

Maria and Rafael looked at each other. “…Crap.”

They burst through the coffee shop’s door, in fighting stances. Arashi was still silently looking down, except now he was tied to a chair, with several employees around him. They all turned at the sound of the door being opened.

“Alright, first things first, we get Arashi out of there. If he’s tied up, it’ll be harder,” Final said, getting out his Dying Will Dagger. “Cover me.” Final dashed forward at amazing speed, running past the several employees who were standing there, then jumped up, above the employees around Arashi, and stabbed him in the forehead with the dagger. As soon as he did so, he pulled the dagger out and jumped back, rejoining Maria and Rafael.

“You didn’t really need any cover…” Rafael muttered, suppressing a chuckle.

The flame on Arashi’s forehead grew, and he looked up slightly. With one movement of his arms, he tore through the ropes, then stood up. The employees around him attacked. One waitress jabbed at him with a knife, but he sidestepped and broke her arm with an upward thrust onto her elbow. A fry cook threw a punch from behind him, but he swerved and hit the man with a strong chop to the back of the head, knocking him unconscious. Two more employees dashed at him, but he simply jumped above them, placed his hands on both heads, and smashed them together. Then, as he was falling, he gripped both their heads tightly, and swung them over his head, then down to the ground in front of him, with such force that it cracked.

“Pathetic…” he muttered.

Rafael blinked. “W-what the hell was that? When did the Chico get so strong?”

“It’s the Dying Will Dagger. It has some strange effect on him…I haven’t examined it enough to make sense of it…” Final said. “Regardless, we still know it gives him more power than the Dying Will gives most people. It’s…almost like the power of the Hyper Dying Will…”

The flame on Arashi’s forehead finally disappeared, and he collapsed to his knees. “Wow, what the hell was that?” he asked. “I feel like I’ve been unconscious for a few hours.”

“Well, you WERE quite the zombie until a few minutes ago,” Rafael said. “You still depressed?”

“About…my parents?” Arashi asked. “Surprisingly, no. I feel…as though all my depression was suddenly sucked away.”

“Hmm…I wonder if it could be the Dying Will…” Final muttered. “Oh, yeah. With all this confusion, I forgot to tell you guys. From my sources, I found out there is, in fact, a Guardian in Japan, and I know where to find him.”

“Sweet,” Rafael said. “But we still have to find Tony. I mean, with the way things are here, it’s possible he could have ran into some trouble.”

“I’d say it’s very likely,” Maria said. “But since Final knows where this new Guardian is, I say it would be faster to find him first.”

“Alright, so now we have two goals: First, we get this new Guardian to join us. Then, we find Tony!” Arashi exclaimed, smiling. “Vongola, let’s get a move on!”[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 8 - Foe and Guardian] 
A man with sleek black hair that reached to the middle of his back, and faded blue and white robes, kneeled down. He was inside a coffee shop, and there were many people on the floor, either dead or unconscious.

“Who could have done this…?” he muttered, and brushed his one long bang aside. “Was it…them?” He clenched his teeth, and headed out the door of the coffee shop. Then he hopped onto the rooftop, and hopped from one building to the other. “I’ll get them this time…” he muttered.

Arashi, accompanied by Final, met up with Rafael and Maria.

“So, Chico, did you find anything?” Rafael asked.

Arashi shook his head. “Nope, aside from a few more people trying to kill us. They were following us, but I think we lost them.”

“You sure?” Maria asked.

“Yeah, pretty sure. Why?”

She nodded toward the street behind Arashi, where several dozen people with dead eyes were rushing towards them.

Arashi chuckled nervously. “Heheheh….oops?”

Suddenly, they saw a blur, and a few of the people fell down.

“You guys are quite the handful, eh?”

Arashi looked back to where the voice had come from, but saw no one. Then, he looked down, and saw it was a baby who had spoken. The baby wore a flower kimono and had red eyes, to accompany her long raven black hair.

“Luna…” Final muttered. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, when you asked me if I had any info on the possibility of a Vongola Guardian being in Japan, I knew you’d come across some sort of trouble with these…people. They’ve been possessed for a few days,” Luna explained, then ran a hand through her long black hair. “I can’t believe how screwed you’d be without us. Draco told me how he had to save you guys twice over in Italy, and here I find myself having to help you as well.”

“Wait, twice?” Arashi asked.

Maria raised a hand to her lip. “I see, so he was the one who blocked those bullets, in the bar fight.”

“What are you- oh, that time you and a bunch of thugs attacked me and Tony.”

“Let’s…not ponder over that,” Maria said, looking away.

“Not to spoil your reminiscence, but…” Rafael said, pointing at the horde of possessed people slowly closing in on them.

“Right, right. Well, you guys go fight, and I’ll just…provide moral support, alright?” Arashi said, slowly stepping back.

Rafael chuckled. “Chico, if you go Dying Will, you can beat all these guys, I’d think.”

“That’s out of the question. Using it more than once a day could be bad for Arashi,” Final said.

Arashi gulped. “H-how bad?”

“Really bad,” Final said, then jumped up and kicked one of the approaching people on the back of the head.

Arashi gulped again, and stepped back more. “Yeah…you guys…uh…you guys can do it!”

Maria sidestepped a swipe from an elderly woman, and kicked her in the face. “You can fight, though, right? I saw you know at least basic martial arts.”

Arashi sighed, and got into a fighting stance. “Well, I guess it can’t be helped. But I’m not like you all, I only know how to do stuff normal high school students should know if they took two years of jujitsu.”

Rafael ducked a punch from a chubby man, and used an uppercut on him, knocking him off of his feet. He then kicked the man on the side of the head, knocking him out.

“That’s alright, we’re normal too, you know?”

“Right…” Arashi muttered, and raised his arm to block a punch from a skinny man.

The punch lifted him off his feet, however, and he was barely able to stabilize his landing.

“Okay, what the hell? There guys are strong!” he exclaimed.

“Oh, I forgot to mention. These guys seem to be around three times as strong as a normal human.”

“Great,” Arashi said with a sigh, then jumped back as an elderly man swung his cane at him.

Meanwhile, there were half a dozen people scattered around Final, and a few more around Luna. They were all unconscious, and falling fast as Final and Luna struck them with quick attacks to vital points. Rafael had felled several already, and Maria had taken care of three. All the while Arashi was still dodging an elderly man’s cane. He clenched his teeth, and grabbed the cane mid-swing, then swiped the cane from the old man, and whacked him on the side of the head with it, knocking him unconscious. He looked around smiling, looking for more people to fight, but found all the people had been struck down by Final and the rest already.

“Well, uh, that went well!” Arashi exclaimed.

“Luna and I will go ahead, we have to check something out,” Final said.

“We do?” Luna asked, then got dragged by Final.

“You guys go do…something to kill time,” Final told them, before turning the corner, still dragging Luna behind him.

The robed man was readying himself to jump to the next rooftop, when he looked down, and saw the crowd of fallen people, and a guy dressed like a magician, a girl dressed like a maid, and a guy with spiky red hair walking away.

“Those three…” he muttered. “It must be them!”

A robed man jumped down, and landed in front of them, causing Arashi to gasp, startled.

“Who are you?” Maria asked. “Or are you just another mindless person like those guys?” She pointed back at the fallen people.

“You…are you the ones who did that to those people?” the robed man asked.

Rafael nodded, and straightened the brim of his hat. “Yes we are. What about it?”

The man glared at them, and dashed forward, pulling out a sword as he ran. He slashed at them, and Rafael pulled out the Six of Spades. He blocked the slash with the card.

“You never answered who you were. You can talk, so it seems you’re not like them. So why are you attacking us?”

“Because it was you bastards who ruined this town! And as a citizen, it is my duty to stop you whatever it takes!” the man yelled.

He swung to the side, catching Rafael off-balance as he let go of the card, and stabbed Rafael on the chest. Rafael fell to his knees after the man pulled out the sword from his chest, but as he was wincing, he smiled, and tossed the Six of Hearts at the man’s forehead. As soon as it made contact with his skin, the man felt woozy, and fell to one knee. Rafael fell forward, the smirk still in his face.

“Take that, amigo…” he muttered, before falling forward, his consciousness slipping away.

The robed man struggled to stand up, and sluggishly stepped toward Maria and Arashi.

“T-this guy…he beat Rafael! Who the hell is he?” Arashi asked, retreating slowly.

“My name is Shinijou Hogosha…” he muttered, then clenched his teeth and pushed off from the ground and dashed toward them with the last of his strength. “Remember it!”

Maria pushed Arashi aside, and barely dodged Shinijou’s slash. Shinijou stumbled forward after the slash, then fell forward, trembling.

“D-dammit…” he said, before the card finally took its toll on him, and sleep overtook him.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Target 9 - Plan and Whereabouts]
Shinijou opened his eyes, and sat up, dizzily. He looked around, rubbing his eyes. “W-what happen-” he began to say, then remembered his encounter with the three people. He jumped up from the bed, his eyes darting around.

“Good morning,” Arashi said.

Shinijou turned, startled, to find Arashi had been sitting next to the bed. There were two beds, and Arashi sat in the stool between them both. In the other bed lay Rafael, bandages wrapped around the wound on his chest. Shinijou looked down to see he was unwounded, but had his robe removed, leaving only his black pants that were ragged at the waist, with the white sash around it. “You…you’re one of them!” he said, reaching for his sword, then realizing it wasn’t there.

“You know, that thing’s pretty dangerous, so we had to store it somewhere you couldn’t get it easily. We’ll give it to you when you calm down, okay?”

“It’s under the bed, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, I suppose that was a silly place to hide it, an- wait no, it’s not!”

Shinijou checked under his bed, and sure enough, his sword was there. He pointed it at Arashi.

“You’re more of a fool than I thought you’d be, from all you’ve done.”

Arashi gulped, backing away. “L-look, if I’ve done anything to upset you, I apologize! P-please don’t swing that thing around, it’s dangerous!”

Suddenly, a pebble flew through the window, and nailed Shinijou on the back of the head. He spun around. “Someone has a death wish! Who was-”

On the windowsill stood Final, glaring at him and Arashi.

“What the hell? A baby?” Shinijou asked.

“You, shut up. Now all of you, listen. I have found where the people who did this to the town are located.”

Shinijou blinked. “What do you mean…the people who did this to the town?”

Maria sighed from the doorway. “Well obviously it wasn’t us, you just misunderstood, you dolt.”

“You pickin’ a fight?” Shinijou asked, glaring at her.

“Stop, both of you. We’re leaving in ten minutes to their base,” Final said, throwing another pebble at Shinijou’s head.

“Damn you!” Shinijou yelled, rubbing the back of his head. “Anyway, why should I help you? You kidnapped me.

“We didn’t kidnap you, you’re going to be helping us take down this enemy,” Final stated.

“Oh really? And why would I?”

“Well, don’t you want to get revenge for what they did?”

“I-…yeah, alright, I’ll tag along. But I can take them down alone!”

“If you say so…” Arashi said, chuckling nervously. “So…should we leave Rafael behind? His injury isn’t critical…but should he be fighting?”

“I can fight well enough, Amigo,” said Rafael, sweating slightly, standing on the doorway next to Maria. “Don’t you worry about that.”

“Well, here it is,” Luna said, pointing at the third-floor building in front of them. “From here on, you guys are on your own. I have a small errand to run. Final, try not to get killed, would you?”

Final raised an eyebrow. “I won’t be fighting.”

“Wait, what?” Arashi exclaimed. “Then how are we supposed to beat whoever did this?”

“Well, there are only three main enemies here. Rafael takes on one, the idiot takes on another, and you take the final one. Problem solved.”

“I have to fight? Why doesn’t Maria fight? She’s stronger than me!”

“Are you kidding? I’m an assassin. Plus, I’ll be cheering you on,” she said, waving a pompom half-heartedly into the air. “Go team losers, go.”

“You suck, you know that?” Arashi muttered, with a sigh.

“Why hello, there,” a voice said, from the roof.

“Who are you?” Final asked.

The blond man with slender eyes chuckled. He seemed to be in his late teens. He ran a hand over the white fur collar of his teal snow jacket.

“I am Hitou, of the Mittsu no Hirate, the Palm of Three. Nice to meet you, we’ve been waiting,” he said, smiling.

“You were waiting for us? How did you know we’d come?” Maria asked.

“Well, isn’t it obvious? The next in line to be Vongola boss lives here in Japan. When he went away, we decided to act, knowing he’d come straight to us. Obviously, since he wouldn’t let his family’s murder, and this town’s destruction, go unpunished. Right? Isn’t that how the Vongola do things?”

“You’re wrong!” Arashi said, turning to Final. “He’s…wrong, right?”

Final simply stood there silently, glaring up at Hitou. “What are you up to…?” Final asked, his voice hardly above a mutter.

Hitou chuckled. “We’re going to destroy Vongola, of course. To make them pay for what they’ve done. And just to make sure you don’t worm out of this fight, thought I doubt that’ll be the case…we came across this friend of yours, a few days ago. He was all tough, thinking he could take us on. What a shame.”

Arashi’s eyes widened. “You…w-what did you do to Tony?”

Hitou smiled amusedly. “Oh, so his name’s Tony. Well, I think he might still be alive, somewhere in this house.”

Arashi clenched his teeth. “Damn it…”

“Come and get it, Vongola,” Hitou muttered, snickering.[/spoiler]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really understand the 'I've added afew YCM members in here' thing, but other than that it was quite good, although there are afew things I spotted that sort of don't make sense like Arashi knowing that Final's name was Final and... Well that was all I spotted. Update soon!

I fixed that, though I could've sworn that I added that. But I'm glad you enjoyed the first chapter. (And added YCM members, meaning they may not have the usernames, but they'll be in there)

Eh, anyway I'll add a picture gallery with whose who (also putting the YCM members). That and I'll be adding the first opening and ending later on as well.

[spoiler=Openings/Endings]
[u]Search For the Guardians Arc[/u]
Opening: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhKWpZ9Hkbc"]Boys & Girls[/url]
Ending: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FjDtQQlgpo"]Bokura no Boken[/url][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Character Gallery]
[spoiler=15th Vongola Family]
[spoiler=Arashi Chiso]Position/Flame: 15th Boss/Sky Flame
YCM Member: Chaos Sonic
Theme Song: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TwUN4rj6RQ"]Reborn! OST - Tsuna Awakens[/url]
[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0CQtJ2wJla0/TAsAHNkPNKI/AAAAAAAABUI/FxphDMcVzfo/s1600/zzzgarrick9guy.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tony Volvola]Position/Flame: 15th Sun Guardian
YCM Member: Fusion X. Denver
Theme Song: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQTAstsWXx0"] POT - Honki Mode[/url]
[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/259/1/a/__beginning___by_ouija_b-d2ytw07.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rafael Salvador]Position/Flame: 15th Rain Guardian
YCM Member: =DL=
Theme Song: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj90Vcq2Kic"]S.S.H - ToP Fighting of the Spirit Rock-Metal Remix[/url]
[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/data/617/medium/Emo_Boy.png[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Arcobaleno]
[spoiler=Final]Pacifier Color/Attribute: Yellow Sun Pacifier
YCM Member: Desperado Finale
Theme Song: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzgFO7eYP68"]Shijyou no Deshi Kenichi OST - Training Spirit[/url]
[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://i54.tinypic.com/nmzqro.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rosso]Pacifier Color/Attribute: Red Storm Pacifier
YCM Member: Flame Dragon
Theme Song: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmbWzZCHKUQ&feature=player_embedded"]Makai Kingdom OST: Burning Fighting Spirit[/url]
[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://th01.deviantart.net/fs39/300W/i/2008/321/8/1/Chibi_Ichigo_by_lifeless_dreams.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Luna]Pacifier Color/Attribute: Green Lightning Pacifier
YCM Member: Opalmoon
Theme Song: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-AbPiEbJeY"]GBMOAT - Battle of Rose[/url]

[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2gv0xnt.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mittsu no Hirate / Palm of Three][spoiler=Hitou Kanza]
Name: Hitou Kanza
Theme: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFqSuDFnRe4"]Tales of Rebirth OST - Icy Edge[/url]
[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/c1f615b8c9f6161403d673cd1b7f2fa11228267314_full.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

*Pulls out dual revolvers.* You guys never get any recognition. *Sniff sniff.*

Anyway, *puts revolvers away* I liked it. At first I was thinking that it was to much of a rip-off of the original KHR but then you really made a serious change of things. The plot interests me. Kudos on tricking me you little bastard. ;p

Arashi although in some ways similar to Tsuna is still very different. Finale (I wonder who this could be based off of) is pretty cool. He seems a bit like Reborn but not too much. I'm guessing you went with me to be the Reborn in this fic is because of my username and the fact that it isn't really a name. I do find it interesting that I was turned into an arcobaleno [s]and that my secret plans to become storm guardian forgotten[/s].

Ahem. Now to continue. The dying will in this doesn't seem to accurate. In the anime (you know I'll refeence this because I haven't read the manga for reasons I've already explained) when Tsuna was in Dying Will mode he was pretty much just all violent rage in an attempt to achieve whatever his goal was. It was even explained that in dying will he would be all mad and violent. He seemed a bit more calm (obviously not very calm tough) and his fighting style, don't get me wrong I loved the fight, wasn't demonstrating the pure power that it did in the anime.

Edit: All in all I enjoyed it. I just hope the following chapters are longer.

[quote name='Lacuna' timestamp='1303000330' post='5144230']
I don't really understand the 'I've added afew YCM members in here' thing, but other than that it was quite good, although there are afew things I spotted that sort of don't make sense like Arashi knowing that Final's name was Final and... Well that was all I spotted. Update soon!
[/quote]

Thanks for catching that, can't believe I missed it xD

And yeah, it means some characters (most) are based off YCMembers

[quote name='Desperado Finale' timestamp='1303011802' post='5144583']
*Pulls out dual revolvers.* You guys never get any recognition. *Sniff sniff.*

Anyway, *puts revolvers away* I liked it. At first I was thinking that it was to much of a rip-off of the original KHR but then you really made a serious change of things. The plot interests me. Kudos on tricking me you little bastard. ;p

[b]The plot for the first chapter was basically all my idea ;D Altho I just went with the thought we all had to make it as different as possible.[/b]

Arashi although in some ways similar to Tsuna is still very different. Finale (I wonder who this could be based off of) is pretty cool. He seems a bit like Reborn but not too much.

[b]Sonic wanted to have him kick Arashi. We removed that to not make Reborn #2.[/b]

I'm guessing you went with me to be the Reborn in this fic is because of my username and the fact that it isn't really a name. I do find it interesting that I was turned into an arcobaleno [s]and that my secret plans to become storm guardian forgotten[/s].

Ahem. Now to continue. The dying will in this doesn't seem to accurate. In the anime (you know I'll refeence this because I haven't read the manga for reasons I've already explained) when Tsuna was in Dying Will mode he was pretty much just all violent rage in an attempt to achieve whatever his goal was. It was even explained that in dying will he would be all mad and violent. He seemed a bit more calm (obviously not very calm tough) and his fighting style, don't get me wrong I loved the fight, wasn't demonstrating the pure power that it did in the anime.

Edit: All in all I enjoyed it. I just hope the following chapters are longer.
[/quote]
As for the Dying Will mode, there's a certain reason for it, but we won't reveal too much quite yet ;P

But you could kinda tell he has a lot of rage (violent, merciless rage), but it's not loud rage like Tsuna.

And...how didn't it demonstrate power? xD

He took on 4-5 Mafiosos and made it look easy.

[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1303071942' post='5146380']
Well DF, I'm glad you enjoyed the first chapter. I'll be getting chapter 2 out sometime in the next day or so.
[/quote]
PM us (the Vongola group PM) what you have planned for chapter 2.

Or, if you have no ideas, we'll come up with some =3

Okay I read it.

[b]Final looked down at Arashi. “Can I kill her?”[/b]

That's me all right.

[b]“…Could you turn on the light?”

“Why? Do you sense someone nearby?”

“No, but…well…assassins receive no training against the dark.”

Arashi sat up on his bed, and stared at Final. After a second or two, he broke down laughing.[/b]

...I'm going to slaughter you all...

All in all a good chapter. I don't exactly understand though how they know who their guardians are. Before it's been good friends or people they knew that they thought were strong and had those qualities. Now it seems to be that they just need to point at somebody and that's that.

Archived