Blood Blue Kuro no Ōji [ IC / Started / Not Accepting ]

.:Blu:.

Maka clapped her hands at the display of lights that Rei and Minawe performed to get rid of Corvus's barrier. "At least they were useful for something!" She laughed, "Ok, you worthless pile of bones. Kill those annoying exorsist and lets get this done with." The skeletons began making their wat towards the group brandishing bows, swords and staffs. While they would destract them for a few minutes Maka headed towards Kensei and Redder, "I must thank you all for getting rid of that pesky barrier, but I'll be taking him and that sword now." Maka said swinging her scythe at Redder intending to cut him in half and then take Kensei. If she can get him into her rift without that stupid sword protecting him, than she can get them far away from here and those exorsist. She would come back for Azayl later.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing Tatsuya releasing a similar wave of red energy, Rednocte's usual grin was wiped from his face for a bit. "Damn annoying exorcist..." Rednocte said before the two waves collided with each other and creating an explosion in midair. With the explosion came a large cloud of smoke that engulfed Rednocte, blinding him. "Arrg, you really think this is gonna stop me kid?! Wait until I get outta here-" Rednocte then heard a sound coming towards him. When the smoke began clearing, Rednocte saw a giant ball of red energy heading his way. "(Another Verse?!)" Rednocte thought. It was too late to dodge the Verse and so Rednocte dived into it head on. The explosion that occurred when Rednocte impacted with the ball of energy created an even large cloud of smoke. Suddenly, bursting from the smoke towards Tatsuya was Rednocte. The left half of his body was completely destroyed but was regenerating gradually. "Nice move kid, but I'm still able to regenerate hahaha!" Rednocte laughed. As he neared Tatsuya, Rednocte performed a series of fast blows with his wrist blade.

"Hahahaha! You enjoying yourself kid? Cause I'm having a hell of a time!" Rednocte said as he kept slashing away at Tatsuya. Once his left arm had regenerated, Rednocte held it out and a katana extended from his wrist. Bringing the katana towards Tatsuya, Rednocte began performing an intricate series of wide slashes that gradually turned into rotating slashes. It was the same as the skinless demon Tatsuya faced before except Rednocte's version was definitely faster and more powerful. Then, while Rednocte continued his rotating attack, red energy bursts from the tip of his blades extending the range and power of his rotating attack even more.

-Meanwhile-

"Arrg, damn brat still has the energy to fend off my attack, however, his organs have already deteriorated a considerable amount thanks to Maka's poison. He'll die soon enough, now to take care of-" Corvus was interrupted when a large icicle came close to impaling him. "What the-" Corvus looked to see Rikka, Shota, and Sugito. "Arrg, the nerve of people to just interrupt so rudely. I'm in the middle of something here don't you see?!" Corvus asked. Suddenly, the icicle began to glow in a faint bluish color, and Corvus became instantly frozen. "Alright, we got 'em!" Shota exclaimed. Tsukihana, seeing that Corvus was stopped by Rikka, felt now he could focus on the last demon, Maka. However, looking around, Tsukihana did not see any sign of her. "Where's the last demon?" Tsukihana asked. Suddenly, skeleton warriors appeared and made their way towards Minawe, Rei, and Tsukihana with their weapons in hand. "Where did these things come from?!" Tsukihana asked before he began firing at the skeletons.

Then, Maka appeared and rushed towards Redder and Kinsei. Shin's eyes widened seeing Maka. "Redder, faster!" Shin yelled. "I can't!" Redder said before he was mere inches away from Maka. Kinsei couldn't move at all, and Redder couldn't escape Maka's attacking range. Maka then brought her scythe towards Redder, looking to cut him in half. "Holy Verse XXXIV: Hansha no Kabe!" a familiar voice called out. Suddenly, a white shield adorned with holy features materialized in between Maka and her targets. Once Maka's scythe impacted with the shield, bright light emanated from the shield that blasted Maka away. Uyagiri then appeared, walking up behind Maka but still keeping his distance. "Sorry, but it looks like you've lost. Also, we've destroyed the portal that you used to get here so there won't be any way of getting back to Abaddon for you. I would love to ask how you managed to create such a portal, but I have a feeling you won't be incline to answer." Uyagiri said.

After destroying all of the skeletons with the help of Minawe and Rei, Tsukihana turned to face Maka. "I see, so this demon used an artificial portal to get to Terrene. Well, it doesn't matter now. We have both Corvus and this demon cornered." Tsukihana said. "No, we only have this demon cornered..." Sugito spoke. "What?" Shota asked. Sugito pointed to the frozen Corvus, and what they saw was surprising. Corvus wasn't frozen at all. Instead, a black, featureless mannequin of Corvus was frozen in ice. "What the- Where did that demon head off to?!" Shota asked. "I can sense him, he went this way. Rikka and Shota, you two will follow me to catch him. Uyagiri, I'll leave things here to you." Sugito spoke before leading Rikka and Shota away from the area. Uyagiri looked at Kinsei, Shin, and Redder. "You three, take the north exit and get out of this forest. We'll meet up with you later after we've taken care of this demon. Here." Uyagiri said before throwing Shin an exorcist pistol.

"Just in case. Now go, though I'm here, this last demon is the strongest of all three demons we've encountered and I cannot assure the safety of those who can't fight." Uyagiri said. "R-Right, let's go Kinsei." Shin said as he placed Kinsei's arm over his shoulder and walked off with Redder. After those three were out of sight, Uyagiri looked up at Minawe, Rei, and Tsukihana. "Be careful, even if it is four against one, I have a feeling that this isn't going to be a walk in the park." Uyagiri warned. "Right." Tsukihana replied as he readied his bow and arrow.

Tatsuya's eye twitched as Rednocte came out of the smoke. "The bastard just won't die." He held his swords out to block Rednocte's own wrist blade. Even though Tatsuya had his two swords versus Rednocte's one he was still feeling overwhelmed because of the speed and power in each swing and thrust of the blade. "[i]F*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck.[/i]" When the katana came out he quickly jumped away but he wasn't able to avoid getting cut on his arm. "F*ck."

As he rolled after his jumped a small wooden cross fell out of his pocket and landed next to him. He looked at it and smiled. "In the end I can't help but be helped in some way or another." He placed his hand on the cross. "Yep, it's time for me to get serious." He stood back up and glanced at the spinning Rednocte. "Have fun? With you? You're too boring. And something as boring as you should be completey destroyed. Ironically it seems the only way you'll die for good. I'll give you a present on your way to hell. That present is to see my most powerful verse!" A look back at the cross reveals that it was now standing up and glowing with a faint red. "Holy Verse VC: Chikyū No Takkei!!!!" He stabbed both his swords into the middle of the small cross. "This is your finale Rednocte..."

Maka cursed, slamming her hand against the ground. After being blasted away, once again, from her prize she had landed on the ground quite harshly. Why was everyone so hell bent on getting in her way!? She saw that the little boy, who she heard was named Shin, and the little demon helping him was leaving along with Kensei. Corvus was also making an escape, but those other three newcommers were already in persuit. Not only that but this guy had destrioed the portal they used to come here. These people had the most annoying of abilities; verses and holy verses. Such troublesome and very painful attacks to a demon, even such one as herself. She sighed and crossed her arms like a sulking child.

Minawe and Rei readied themselves for a fight, but Maka was not about to stick around. Especially when two of the four used verses. "You people just don't know when to quit. Do you know how much trouble I had went through just to get him? I had to be alone with Azayl, who is no fun whatsoever, and is always looking like he's abotu to cry. Then I had to fight this stupid monk who actually collasped my portal, and now bother with you guys." She continued to whine.

"Lord Saten will not be pleased with me losing the sword." She continued.. "I'm going to be on his bad side for centuries, but I suppose getting 1 out of 2 isn't so bad." She said laughing.

"Has anyone ever told you, you talk to much?" Minawe said her head spinning from Maka's long spill.

"Let's just kill her now. I've been wanting too this whole time." Rei offered taking a step forward.

Maka pouted, "And after all we've been through? I actually thought we had a bond. But even so, I believe it is time for me to take my leave. Faust, the one that you all call Kensei, will be dead soon. It's only a matter of time, and there isn't anything you all can do about it. Bye bye now, don't forget me." She gave a small wave before a rift opened benieth her and she fell through, the rift closing right after.

"(He stopped moving?)" Rednocte thought to himself as he continued to rotate. Rednocte's rotation came to a halt as he looked at Tatsuya. "What kinda bullsh*t are you trying to pull now?" Rednocte asked. Rednocte simply stood there as Tatsuya told him that he was going to show Rednocte his strongest Verse. "Heh, honestly, how many times are you gonna attempt to kill me with your Verses? Humans are such pitiful creatures..." Rednocte said as he stood there, unaware of the imminent danger that is facing him. Then, Tatsuya's cross began glowing a faint red color. "Oh, you're gonna put on another light show?" Rednocte asked in a cocky tone. Then, when Tatsuya stabbed both of his swords into his cross, Rednocte sensed a massive power emanating from the cross. "(Wait- What the hell?! Just what kinda move is he using?!)" Rednocte thought to himself as he stood there with a nervous expression.

-Meanwhile-

Uyagiri's eyes widened when Maka mentioned Kinsei's true name being Faust. "Faust... What are you talking about?" Uyagiri questioned. "(Faust, why does that name sound so familiar?)" Uyagiri thought to himself. Tsukihana was a bit surprised when Maka mentioned Kinsei's name being Faust, but he never heard of the name and so he just ignored Maka's statement. "Stop buying time for yourself Demon. It's time that we deliver retribution onto you." Tsukihana said. Suddenly, Maka attempted to escape by opening a rift and fleeing into the rift. "She's escaping-" Tsukihana exclaimed but was interrupted by Uyagiri. "Don't worry, there's a reason why I headed in a different direction with the others in the first place." Uyagiri told Tsukihana. Suddenly, just as Maka's rift closed, electricity formed in the spot where the rift close and then that same rift reopened and forced Maka out of it. After which, the rift closed entirely.

"If you're planning on fleeing just like that, then you are dead wrong. I've used a Verse to nullify all dimensional magic within five miles of here, meaning, you won't be able to open any of your rifts and escape." Uyagiri explained. "Unfortunately, I wasn't given enough time to nullify all of your abilities, but no matter, you will still be destroyed by us." Uyagiri said.

-Meanwhile-

Travelling slowly through the forest, Kinsei's condition became worse and worse by the minute. "Gah! P-Put me down!" Kinsei commanded. Shin then placed Kinsei sitting down against a tree. "Kinsei, are you alright?" Shin asked. "Redder, you can go now..." Kinsei said. "But don't you need help?" Redder asked. "It's fine... Just go..." Kinsei replied. "A-Alright, if you need any help then call me." Redder said before disappearing in a small poof of red smoke. "Ugh... This body won't be able to hold my soul any longer, and if I continue to stay in this body than I will die..." Kinsei said to Shin. "Oh no, what do we do?!" Shin asked worryingly. "Easy..." Kinsei replied before touching Shin's forehead with his index finger. Suddenly, Kinsei's finger began glowing a faint blue color. Then, Shin's body transformed into Kinsei's body. "Ahhh... Damn, I can finally f*cking breathe!" Kinsei exclaimed. Shin's spiritual body then appeared besides Kinsei. "Wait, so all you needed was to possess my body?!" Shin asked.

"Yep, now the puppet body will deteriorate while my soul stays completely fine." Kinsei replied in a laid back manner. Hearing Kinsei's reply, Shin fell to the ground comically. "You got me worrying for nothing then!" Shin yelled with comical anger. Then, the puppet body Kinsei created crumbled away, becoming a mass of purple poison. "Will you be able to make another one of those bodies?" Shin asked. "Of course, but not right now. Let's find a way outta here." Kinsei said before he began walking off. "So where are we headed?" Shin asked. "To tell you the truth, there's someone I gotta see." Kinsei simply answered, his eyes appearing focused and determined.

His swords seemed to lose their unstability as enegy was being pured into the cross. "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17..." After finishing his chant a bright red light came out of the bottom of the cross and quickly enveloped the ground around them. From an overhead it could be seen that the light spread out pretty far and took the shape of the cross.

"This is for my shirt and tie!" Large yet thin crosses made out of pure red energy burst out of the ground that was lit up by the red light. When coming out of the ground they seemed to grab whatever was and lift it up into the ground putting it into a crucification. In some cases though it'd just slice into things. This left trees in the area either brought into the air or just sliced in half. "And this is for my jacket!" All of the crosses suddenly exploded at once and a massive amount of energy was released upward from the ground.

Ooc: I wasn't sure if Maka was surrounded by them in a circle, because thats what I had in mind. If not then I'll change the little part.

"Faust/Sauce?" Rei and Minawe said at the same time hearing Maka mention the name. They both remembered it from when they were in that alternate world. Before thay could ask what she ment, Uyagiri beat them to it, but then Maka tried to escape by opening some strange rift in the ground. Though she didn't get very far thanks to Uyagiri thinking ahead. She was literally spit back out by her own ability, confusing her greatly as she was right back where she was. She attempted another rift but was rewarded by nothing.

"What the f*ck did you do to my powers!?" She yelled a frown on her face. How was he able to do such a thing? Maka shot up into the air, only to come back down a good distance away from them, "Fine, you may have messed with my portals, but the thought of you all defeating me is laughable."

"Then get ready to start laughing lady!" Minawe retorted which only got her a strange look from Rei. She wasn't really the best person to be saying comebacks at anyone.

Maka smirked, "Catch me if you can." She said before heading into the forest, planning to use the trees as a cover for her attacks.

[size="5"][b][center]CHAPTER 12: THE ONI, THE YUKI-ONNA, AND THE CROW[/center][/b][/size]

[spoiler=Chapter 12 Synopsis]As Shota, Rikka, and Sugito continue their pursuit for Corvus, Sugito is separated allowing Corvus to deal with Shota and Rikka first. Meanwhile, with Maka's dimensional powers nullified by Uyagiri's Verse, Uyagiri, Minawe, Rei, and Tsukihana attempts to win a battle against a Demon Lord, will they prevail? And who is the person that Kinsei is going to see?[/spoiler]

"Damn it, you people are really annoying you know that?!" Corvus yelled as he dodged an icicle thrown by Rikka. "Stop your running so I can kick your ass!" Shota yelled. "Prof. Sugito, can't you do anything to stop him?" Rikka asked. "Sorry, but I didn't bring my weapons with me, and I'm not a Verse user." Sugito replied, causing both Shota and Rikka to have a comical look of surprise on their face. "Well why in the world didn't you bring your weapons with you then?!" Shota and Rikka exclaimed in unison. "Because they're heavy." Sugito simply replied, causing both Shota and Rikka to comically fall down. Getting back up, Shota and Rikka continue chasing after Corvus, with Rikka firing more icicles at him. "Whoa! That one almost got me! Watch where you're throwing those would ya?!" Corvus yelled. "Jeez, Prof. Sugito, I gotta say that for an A-Rank exorcist you really are useless right now." Shota said to which Sugito replied with a punch to Shota's head.

"Respect your elders boy!" Sugito replied. "Oww that f*cking hurts!" Shota comically yelled as he held the top of his head. "(Heh, now's my chance since those idiots are distracted!)" Suddenly, Corvus stopped moving and turned around to face the three. "Corvum Nigrum Maledictionem: Imprison!" Corvus called out as he pointed his staff towards Sugito. Sugito then found himself trapped with a rectangular, purple transparent box that suddenly materialized after Corvus called out his magic. "What the hell is this?" Sugito asked. "Corvum Nigrum Maledictionem: Transport!" Corvus called out. After which, Sugito, along with his rectangular prison, disappeared in a flash of purple. "Prof. Sugito's gone!" Shota exclaimed. Shota then turned to Corvus. "What the hell did you do to Prof. Sugito you bastard?!" Shota asked in an angry tone.

"Tsk, tsk, calm down would you you ignorant little bug?" Corvus insulted calmly while shaking his heads a few times. "I simply trapped him in my prison and sent him somewhere faraway from here so that I he won't interrupt me killing you two." Corvus explained. "Arrg, you damn coward..." Shota said, clenching his fists tightly. "Coward? Oh no, no, no. I simply wanted to get rid of him last because you two are my annoying." Corvus replied. "What kinda f*cking answer is that?!" Shota yelled. "The truthful one though I see no further use for telling you bumbling idiots. I will just put you out of your misery right now." Corvus replied. "Arrg, I'm gonna-" Shota's rage was then interrupted by Rikka who placed her arm in front of Shota. "Calm down Shota... Going into battle with a clouded judgement will only get you killed." Rikka said. Not replying, Shota simply crossed his arms and pouted like a stubborn child.

"Corvus is it? Rednocte is working for you right? And you ordered him to try and kill my comrades. In turn, your the one who truly laid your hands on my reason for existing, and with that being said... I will kill you..." Rikka said. Shota was a bit unnerved by the look on Rikka's face when she told Corvus that she would kill him. "Hah! Kill me?! You pathetic little demon think you can kill me? Black Lightning!" Corvus yelled out as he shot out black-colored lightning from his staff towards Rikka and Shota. Upon impact, an explosion of dust and debris occurred. "Humph, pathetic, that one attack should've easily taken care-" Corvus' sentence was cut short when the dust and debris cleared to reveal a barrier of ice that protected Shota and Rikka. "This forest will be the last place where the crow perched..." Rikka said with a determined and fierce, yet calm, look in her eyes.

-Meanwhile-

When Minawe told Maka to start laughing, not only did Rei gave her a strange look, but both Uyagiri and Tsukihana gave her the same look as well with a sweat drop on each of their heads. "Well, at least she hasn't stumbled and hurt anyone yet..." Uyagiri said. Then, Maka took off quickly into the forest. "Great, once again it's me chasing after the lady in the relationship again." Uyagiri sarcastically joked before running off towards Maka's direction. "Hey, you three take different directions, we'll try to get her cornered-" Once Uyagiri finished what he was saying, he comically collided with a tree. "Ugh... Minawe's clumsiness is rubbing off on me..." Uyagiri joked as he fell to the ground. Seeing this, Tsukihana looked at Uyagiri with a sweat drop on his head. "Proof that even an A-Rank exorcist can be lame..." Tsukihana said.

After that situation, Tsukihana ran after Maka with his bow in hand, ready to fire at Maka if she is spotted. Uyagiri also ran after Maka, though he's probably the slowest of the four. "Man, I'm getting old... I better start my morning running routines again..." Uyagiri joked.

-Meanwhile-

Once Tatsuya had finished his chant, the ground below them began shining in bright red light. "What the hell is going on?!" Rednocte asked but recieved no answer from Tatsuya. Suddenly, small red crosses arose from the ground and lifted Rednocte up, binding him on a cross, making the appearance of a crucifixion. Rednocte attempted to break the small crosses that was holding him but to no avail. "Arrg! What the f*ck?! Why can't I break these damn things?!" Rednocte asked angrily. A moment later, after Tatsuya said "And this is for my jacket!", all of the small crosses exploded at once, creating a massive upward explosion that can be seen for miles. Umbra turned to face the explosion. "Who cause that explosion? I must return to Tatsuya." Umbra said before running back. "GAH!!!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!" Rednocte's voice can be heard screaming that in the explosion.

In the aftermath, when the smoke, dust, and debris finally cleared, Rednocte can be seen lying on the ground. His eyes had no irises nor pupils, and his mouth was gaping widely. All of his bandages and clothes were completely destroyed, and his body was completely charred. It seems as though the battle is over. However, a brief moment later, Rednocte's bones can be heard cracking as Rednocte tilted his head up to look at Tatsuya. He had an extremely angered look on his face. "Y-Y-You bastard! I-I'm not dead yet..." Corvus, with his bones cracking from every motion, stood up off the ground. A single katana blade extended from his right wrist as he looked at Tatsuya. "I won't lose... A SECOND TIME!!!!" Corvus yelled before pulling all of his energy to charge at Tatsuya for one final attack.

Tatsuya fell back after finishing his attack. He was to the point of near exhaustion now. "That attack used up quite a bit of my time. About four minutes in a single attack...at least that should have finished hi-" He went quiet and his eyes widened as he saw the body of Rednocte. "The bastard really just won't die. Even against my most powerful holy verse." He slowly stood back up when Rednocte was. "Actually you beat me during that last fight. Unless you're including the exorcism." He threw Soul slasher up into the air. "[i]About 10 seconds left with Nulled Demon...[/i]" He looked at Rednocte. "[i]I wonder what happens if I cut off the head...[/i]" He charged at Rednocte his sword reactivating as he did so. "If that's the case I don't play to get even! I play to get ahead!"

Minawe and Rei nodded at Uyagiri's plan, and seperated from eachother to try to get Maka cornered. Rei looked around the forest trying to find Maka. Minawe was doing the same not too far away from Rei, though she couldn't really see him due to the trees making visibility quite difficult. Suddenly Rei's voice called out to Minawe,

[b]"Idiot, above you!"[/b]

Minawe jumped slightly from the yell, but looked up ready to block...But there was nothing. "What th-AHH!" Minawe shouted jumping back just in time to avoid a flash of light that passed right in front of her. She looked at her stomach and saw that her clothes were ripped but she didn't get hit. "Was that a blade?" Then she heard something that completely freaked her out. It was her voice, [b]"Rei look out!"[/b]

Rei turned around, only to recieve a hard kick to the back. He grunted and stumbled forward. "Damnit you idiot! Will you shut up!?"

Minawe frowned. She still hadn't really forgiven him for his earlier behavior. "For your information, I didn't say that! And take you're own advice! You almost got me cut in half!"

[b]"Behind you Tsukihana-sama!"[/b] It was Minawe's voice again, which confused her greatly. Over by Tsukihana, Maka shot out from the cover of the trees in a blur, holding her scythe out to slice him across his back.

Corvus' calm demeanor disappeared as Rikka basically told him that this place will be his grave. It wasn't the words that scared him, but the look in Rikka's eyes. A few seconds later, Corvus regained his composure. "Arrg, tough talk won't get you anywhere!" Corvus shouted before pointing his staff towards Rikka and Shota. "Corvum Nigrum Maledictionem: Lullaby!" Corvus called out. "Wait, lullaby? This is the same magic he used to get us to fall asleep on the train!" Shota shouted. "Yeah, I know. Ice Mist!" Rikka called out before blowing out a stream of thick, cold mist. The mist then surrounded Shota and Rikka. Once Corvus' staff lit up with the ominous purple color, it released a bright explosion of white light. However, in the thick mist, the light couldn't reach Shota's and Rikka's eyes, protecting them from Corvus' curse. "That light was how he made us fall asleep. With my Ice Mist, that light won't reach us and so we're safe." Rikka explained.

"Oh I see, wait, but how do we attack now if we can't see?" Shota asked. "Easy, like this. Ice Shards." Rikka said. As the name suggests, thin, yet powerful, shards of ice materialized in Rikka's hand. Rikka then threw them in a straight line towards Corvus. "Arrg, the light from my spell isn't penetrating that mist. Fine, then I'll guess I'll just-" Before Corvus could finish his sentence, shards of ice came flying out of the mist and impaled Corvus' body. "GAH!!!!" Corvus yelled in pain. Then, while Corvus was distracted by the pain, Shota and Rikka burst out from the Ice Mist. Shota was holding an [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofuda]ofuda[/url] in his hand as he charged towards Corvus. "Damn! That was only a diversion!" Corvus exclaimed but it was too late. Suddenly, Shota's ofuda began to glow in a faint red color. "Spirits of Nichibotsu Forest, I call upon thee! Lend me your strength and deliver retribution upon my enemy!" Shota chanted.

Suddenly, ghostly apparitions charged up out of the ground. There were many types of spirits, deer, bears, and even some human spirits carrying weapons. "What kind of trickery is this?!" Corvus asked. Suddenly, the spirits began attacking Corvus. The deer ram into Corvus with their antlers, bears used their powerful paws to smack Corvus, and the human spirits used their various weapons to attack. "Arrg, Corvum Nigrum Maledictionem: Explosion!" Corvus shouted before stabbing his staff into the ground. Doing that, a large outward explosion occurred, destroying the spirits that Shota summoned. "Annoying bugs-" Corvus was interrupted as Rikka appeared above him with both of her hands cupped and covered in ice. "Yuki-Onna Secret Technique: Kōri Hana!" Rikka called out before extending her cupped hands towards Corvus. Suddenly, Corvus was blasted with a powerful stream of ice.

"(So those spirits were the real diversion?!)" Corvus thought as the ice slammed onto him with the force of a charging elephant. After a moment, the ice condensed and created an upward flower-like structure with Corvus frozen within the structure. As Rikka jumped back, she began breathing slowly and heavily. "Rikka are you alright?" Shota asked. "Yeah, I'm fine..." Rikka replied as she continued to stare at the completely frozen Corvus.

-Meanwhile-

As Tsukihana continued through the forest, he began hearing voices of Minawe and Rei, causing him to stop in his tracks. "Did Minawe and Rei find the Demon?" Tsukihana asked himself. Suddenly, Tsukihana heard Minawe's voice again, but this time, the voice was warning him to watch out behind him. "Huh?! Minawe-chan!" Tsukihana called out as he quickly turned around but saw no one. Then, Maka shot out from behind Tsukihana, aiming a slash for his back. Fortunately, Tsukihana has a quick reaction time, allowing for him to turn around and leap back. However, Maka's scythe was able to graze Tsukihana's cheek, causing blood to flow down his face. "Take this!" Tsukihana yelled. As he fell down, Tsukihana took three arrows from his quiver and covered their tips with light, then shooting them straight towards Maka. Once the arrows were fired, Tsukihana landed onto his butt but quickly rolled to the side and back onto his feet.

-Meanwhile-

Hearing Tatsuya's last statement, Rednocte's bloodthirsty grin reappeared on his face. A moment ago only pure anger and frustration was shown on Rednocte's face, but that was now replaced by his first expression, the expression of someone who enjoys bloodshed and fighting. "Good Kid!!!! Getting even is for the weak! You wanna survive, kill without hesitation and live only for yourself!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!" Rednocte laughed maniacally. As the two neared each other, Rednocte was able to get the upper hand by extending his wrist blade even further and aiming towards Tatsuya's face at great speed. There was absolutely no way Tatsuya could dodge an attack or even block at such a close range. However, the blade stopped extending as it was just a couple of centimeters away from the bridge of Tatsuya's nose. Rednocte also stopped moving. "Hehehehe... I only wish I could've killed you with my own bare hands, but it looks like, that won't the case..." Rednocte said with the same grin on his face.

"Finally, I die... It's funny, I'm actually enjoying this moment... That look in your eyes... It warms my heart to see such powerful hatred..." Rednocte said. Suddenly, Rednocte's wrist blade and the rest of his body began to slowly crumble away into fine black sand. "Exorcists are such pitiful creatures, lower than any other humans... Don't walk that path kid, live for yourself... All you need to do is kill those fools calling themselves exorcists... Well, it's been a pleasure hehehe..." Corvus said as he crumble away completely.

Suddenly, Umbra ran out from the tree line and saw the last of Rednocte crumble into sand. "Tatsuya... defeated Rednocte..." Umbra muttered to himself. Regaining his composure, Umbra then ran towards Tatsuya. "Tatsuya, are you alright?!" Umbra asked, running towards him.

Maka said a rather nasty curse under her breath after her attempted attack on Tsukihana sama. She was confident that should would have been able to dodge any attacks if he had somehow saw through her plan. But he moved a lot quicker than she had expected, and one of the arrows he shot had lodged halfway into her arm. She grabbed it and pulled it out without so much as a wince, or cry of pain. In fact she acted as if she simply suffered from a paper cut.

[b]"She's over here! I've got her!"[/b] Now it was Prof. Uyagiri's voice shouting across the area. Both Minawe and Rei looked towards where the voice came from, and while Rei hesitated on believing the voice, Minawe began making her way over.

Maka smirked seeing this, "Looks like we've got a taker." She headed towards Minawe, quickly slipping through the trees. She dashed at Minawe swinging at her neck preparing to decapitate her. Suddenly, Minawe's foot snagged a tree root and she fell face forward, causing Maka's scythe to cut right through the tree she tripped over. Maka scoffed, "Damnit." She didn't risk going back and giving away her position.

"She's over here now!" Minawe yelled, this time it actually being her. A creeking noise caught her attention and she looked up at the tree she currently lay under. It was falling.....Towards her! "Crap! Crap! Crap!" She scrambled to move forward and not be completely crushed. While she accomplished not being smushed by the tree, it did fall on her foot trapping her under the tree, and making her scream in pain.

"Minawe?" Rei mumbled.

[b]"No! Don't listen! That wasn't me, this is me!"[/b] While Maka continued to mess with the exorsist, she headed towards Uyagiri throwing her scythe at him, it spinning at high velocities.

"Guys! I'm stuck!"

[b]"Don't fall for it!"[/b]

"[i]No...[/i]" Even in what was supposed to be the face of death Tatsuya didn't bat an eye. Everything seemed to slow down for a second. During this second Tatsuya glanced at his Soul Slasher that was now falling to the ground behind Rednocte's head. Everything suddenly stopped. Literally. Rednocte stopped moving and Tatsuya stopped immediatly as well. As Rednocte started to crumble away Tatsuya took a step back and pointed his sword away from him. It doubled inllength for a second until the flow of energy completely stopped.

Tatsuya spat on the remains of Rednocte. "Even in the end you underestimated me and as an even more insulting bonus you misunderstood me. I'm not going to walk the path of a demon and kill everything in my sights just because I god damn feel like it. But I'm not going to become some sort of angel and save every scumbag in a five mile radius just because it's the right thing to do. I'll walk my own path. The path where I force the two together. A path where I'll help people that need and truly deserve it by slaughtering scumbags like you just because I god damn feel like it."

Tatsuya looked back at Umbra who had just arrived on the scene. "What the hell are you doing here? Oh what am I kidding. You probably saw the exposions." He looked around athe completely destroyed area. "That's what I call a slaughter." He looked back at Umbra. "I thought you were going to help the others. Knowing them they're getting their asses kicked or they're seriously being f*cked with." Tatsuya stepped over the sand from Rednocte and picked up Soul slaher. He then put the two swords into his pockets. "Remind me to go clothes shopping. My memory might be a bit fuzzy after I wake up. Especially if I hit my head badly after I fall." Tatsuya fell onto the ground sound asleep. He had wasted far too much of his energy during the fight.

"So is he dead?" Shota asked. "I think so... That attack was one of my secret techniques. I don't think he can survive a direct hit-" Once Rikka said that, her eyes widened as she saw a surprising sight. "Hey Rikka what's the matter?" Shota asked before turning his head to look at the flower-like structure. Shota's eyes also widened as he saw what was within the structure. Instead of Corvus, it was a black, featureless mannequin of him, like what happened last time. "He's not in there..." Rikka said, still surprised as to how he isn't in the structure. "How's that possible?! I watched your attack hit him directly, and after that structure formed, he was still inside!" Shota exclaimed. "Corvum Nigrum Maledictionem: Blitz!" Corvus' voice emanated from the tree line. Hearing his voice, Rikka and Shota quickly turned their heads to face the tree line. Suddenly, a barrage of small black orbs with purple outlines came bursting out from the tree line and hit Rikka and Shota, creating an explosion of dust and smoke in the process.

Corvus then float out from the tree line. "Tsk, tsk, I really prefer the summertime so your ice powers are really pissing me off." Corvus spoke in a calm voice. As the dust and smoke cleared, Shota and Rikka are revealed to have sustained quite a bit of damage. "H-How did you managed to escape my Kōri Hana?" Rikka asked. "Well, isn't it quite obvious? Dimensional magic. I teleported myself out of the structure and just for fun, I place a mannequin of me inside of the structure." Corvus explained. "I see, so you can teleport... That makes fighting you a bit more difficult..." Rikka said. "Give it up you fools. You can't win. How will you fight me when I can escape all of your attacks?" Corvus asked. "Like this!" Shota yelled as he summoned his club. "A big piece of stick? Hahaha, that's how you'll win? Pathetic!" Corvus said, followed by a mocking laugh. Suddenly, the tip of Shota's club ignited and when Shota slammed his club in a wide arc, a wave of fire came crashing towards Corvus.

"What?!" Seeing the incoming attack, Corvus suddenly disappeared and reappeared just above the wave of fire. "Speed?" Rikka asked. "3.6 seconds." Shota replied. "Huh? So you were trying to find the speed it takes for me to teleport huh? Smart move, however, your attacks are far too slow to reach me before I teleport." Corvus stated. "Your right, our individual attacks may be too slow, but not when our attacks are one." Rikka replied. "What? What is that suppose to mean?" Corvus asked. "Possession..." Rikka replied.

-Meanwhile-

Seeing Maka flew off, Tsukihana tried shooting some arrows at her but to no avail. "Damn it." Tsukihana cursed before running after her. After awhile of running, Tsukihana stumbled upon Minawe whose foot was trapped under a tree. "Minawe-chan!" Tsukihana called out as he ran to her. "Hold on, I'll try to lift up the tree just enough so that you can get your foot out." Tsukihana said before attempting to lift up the tree. However, it was easier said than done as the tree seem to not be budging at all. "Arrg!" Tsukihana kept on trying to lift the tree up but to no avail. "Damn it... Rei! Rei! Where are you?! Minawe's foot is stuck, I need your help!" Tsukihana called out to Rei, hoping that his call would be heard. "You aren't in any pain are you Minawe-chan?" Tsukihana asked worryingly.

Uyagiri walked through the forest, his mind focused on finding Maka. Suddenly, Maka's scythe came flying towards Uyagiri while spinning at high velocity. "Heh, that's not good. Holy Verse XXXIV: Hansha no Kabe!" Uyagiri called out. A white shield with holy features then appeared in front of Uyagiri and once Maka's scythe made impact, the light from the shield face pushed the scythe back. Uyagiri then unsheathed two katana-like cutlasses and charged at the tree line. Uyagiri then performed a series of quick slashes that were so fast and fluid, the attacks seemed like one continuous motion. After he was finished, all of the trees fell to the floor, chopped into smaller pieces. "Damn it, where the hell are you hiding?" Uyagiri asked as he didn't saw Maka.

-Meanwhile-

"They have the professors with them, I think they can handle things." Umbra replied to Tatsuya after Tatsuya told him about how they were in trouble. When Tatsuya told Umbra to remind him to go shopping for clothes later on and then fainted, Umbra quickly caught Tatsuya before he could fall onto the ground. Tatsuya had fallen asleep. Umbra gave a sigh before speaking. "So reckless... but at least you got the job done..." Umbra said as he placed Tatsuya onto his back. "You're heavier than you seem Tatsuya..." Umbra said as he began walking with Tatsuya on his back. After awhile, Umbra stumbled upon an interesting sight. It was Sugito stuck within the rectangular, purple prison that Corvus created. "Prof. Sugito?" Umbra asked before walking over to the prison. "Umbra, I'm glad you found me, and I see Tatsuya has used too much energy and have fallen asleep. Quite the reckless lad isn't he?" Sugito said.

"How did you get into this predicament?" Umbra asked. "Corvus created this when I was distracted. It seems there is no way for me to destroy it from the inside, but by its energy properties, I can say that an outside attack may destroy it." Sugito explained. "I see, hold on." Umbra said before gently placing Tatsuya sitting up against a nearby tree. Unsheathing his sword, Umbra then attempted a powerful slash at the box, but upon impact, nothing happened. "This will be more difficult than I originally thought." Umbra said.

Minawe tried pulling her foot out from under the tree but it wouldn't budge. In fact all that did was cause her more pain, in which she bit back by bitting the inside of her cheak. She was almost thankful to tears when Tsukihana appeared. Though her relief didn't last long when he attempted to lift the tree, but didn't have much luck in the plan. When Tsukihana asked her if she was in any pain she gave him a look, "Oh, no I'm not in pain, I just have a bloody tree, crushing my foot!!" While she knew it wasn't his fault for any of this, she couldn't help but think that was a rather stupid question. And the pain of the tree on her foot was clouding her mind so she wasn't really aware of how rude she had just been. It had been pretty quiet around Rei for a while. No voices, and no movement around him. Had the demon managed to get away?

It was then he heard Tsukihana call out for him. It was in the direction that Minawe had headed off too. He quickly made his way over to the area and his eyes widened at the sight. "What the hell happened here?" He asked running over to the tree that had Minawe pinned down. "What does it look like? There's a tree on my foot."

Rei nodded and got a good grip on the underside of the tree. "Tsukihana, on 3; 1....2....Lift." Rei counted off and began lifting the tree off of the ground with Tsukihana's help. Once there was enough space, Minawe retracted her foot the pain seemingly intensifying as all of the blood began rushing back down to her injured foot, causing a painful throbbing that gave her a heading and black spots in her vision. "Th-thanks guys. Guess my clumsiness is coming back, though it never got me hurt before." She tried to joke through gritting teeth.

Rei stepped back a bit and looked around. The demon didn't seem to be around here either. Could it be over by the professer?

With Maka, after her scythe was deflected back towards her, she caught it and then made a mad dash back as Uyagiri began slicing down the trees in the surrounding area, with impressive speed and ferocity. "Now that was something." Maka said appearing in the new clearing behind Uyagiri. "I've been thinking. Earlier you asked me what I ment when I called the one you called Kensei, Faust. I'll tell you what. You defeat me and I'll tell you. You can trust me, I'm a demon of my word." She held out one arm pointing her scythe towards him, the eyes on the weapon becoming completely fixiated on Uyagiri as a familiar black mist began forming around it. A black liquid rolled down the blade of the scythe and landed on the ground instantly killing the area which it landed.

"Possession? You mean... You two-" Corvus was interrupted by Rikka. "That's right. I'm going to possess my partner's body, and with our combined strength, we'll kill you." Rikka explained. "Arrg, don't get so f*cking cocky! Corvum Nigrum Maledictionem: Black World!" Corvus yelled out as he pointed his staff up into the air. Suddenly, his staff began glowing a bright black color with a purple outline. Then, hundreds of crows with red eyes materialized in the sky and began flying in circles, creating the appearance of two rotating circles. With one circle lying horizontally and one circle standing vertically. "Whoa, what kinda power is this?!" Shota asked as he looked at the crows with awe. "Pay attention you idiot. Let's perform the possession." Rikka said, snapping Shota out of his awing. "R-Right!" Shota replied. Shota and Rikka then proceeded place their palms together which created a faint red and blue glow. Rikka's body then disappeared and Shota was left.

Shota now had one blue-colored eye and one red-colored eye. "Possession complete!" Shota said with his voice having a second layer which is Rikka's voice. "Hah! Crows, attack!" Corvus commanded. Some crows burst from their circles and charged towards Shota with their claws and beaks ready to attack. Shota placed his right fist onto his left palm and took a step back with his right foot; placing his hands to his right side. "Take this! Blue Crimson!" Shota called out before punching towards the incoming crows. As Shota punched, a blast of fire came shooting out from his fist and headed towards the crows. As the fire blast hit the crows, it instantly incinerated them. "Whoo! Your stupid crows aren't so tough after all!" Shota exclaimed to which Corvus became irritated. "Shut the hell up you insect! Attack!" Corvus commanded more crows to attack.

"Alright then, have it your way! Frozen Lotus Flame Blades!" Shota yelled out before his right hand ignited with fire and his left hand became frozen in ice. As the crows neared Shota, he began punching at them with blindingly fast speed. With his right fist, Shota incinerated everything it touches and with his left fist, Shota instantly froze anything it touches. The flurry of incredibly fast punches made the appearance of two swirls of red and blue mixing together. Seeing this, Corvus became quite nervous. "(H-His punches are so fast!)" Corvus thought to himself.

-Meanwhile-

After successfully getting Minawe's foot out from under the tree, Tsukihana immediately kneel down next to her. "I'll get started on healing this wound." Tsukihana said. "Holy Verse XXIX: Tenshi no Hikari." Tsukihana said as the ground beneath Minawe's injured foot lit up with white light. The light began to gradually heal Minawe's foot. Tsukihana looked around to see if the demon was nearby. "It seems we're safe for now. However, I wonder if Prof. Uyagiri has made an encounter with the demon." Tsukihana said. "Rei-san, can you sense the demon's soul signature?" Tsukihana asked.

When Maka made Uyagiri the offer that if he is able to defeat her then she will tell him why she called Kinsei "Faust", Uyagiri smirked. "Sounds like a plan. Though you should know, now that you've sparked my interest, I'm not gonna go easy on you." Uyagiri replied. Something then caught Uyagiri's interest. The eye on Maka's scythe began to focus on him while black mist seep from the scythe. Then, black liquid dropped from the scythe and as it hit the ground, the part that it landed on was destroyed. "Well, that's pretty potent. Tell me demon, just who exactly are you?" Uyagiri asked before taking a battle stance with his two swords. "Surely, a demon like you must be of a high ranking. An officer of Satan's army perhaps?" Uyagiri asked.

-Meanwhile-

Umbra continued to strike the purple box with many powerful blows but to no avail. None of his strikes could even scratch the box let alone break it. "This magical box cannot be destroyed by mere physical attacks alone. Can't you use a Verse to break it?" Umbra asked Sugito. "No, all of my energy-based attacks are nullified within this containment. It probably will break if someone uses a Verse from outside. And sadly, the only person here who can use Verses is Tatsuya but he's unconscious." Sugito explained. "I see... That's is quite the problem. I don't think I'll be able to get him to wake up." Umbra said.

Minawe relaxed as Tsukihana's healing relieved the pain shooting through her body. She gave him a small smile in thanks, as she rubbed her stiff foot. At least she would be able to walk, and still help them fight. Rei was still looking off into the distance when Tsukihana asked him if he could sense the demon's soul signature. Now that his emotions weren't running as wild as before he was able to pick up a prescense relitively close by. "Yeah...I think so. But it's not moving. It's just staying in one place. So either she's hiding out, or she's about to fight someone, most likely Uyagiri."

"We have to go help Prof. Onigiri." Minawe said stumbling onto her feet.

"Wait." Rei said. "I have.....Something to say first." He struggled with his words, half wanting to just forget about it and the other half knowing that he had to do this. "I apologize for-for earlier." He said still having to force himself to get the words out. "I know you think I hate you but it's not that I hate you it's more that im-" He sighed almost as if he was about to regreat saying this to him, "I'm jealous of you."

Now that was a big surprise to Minawe, and probably Tsukihana as well. "Why are you jealous of Tsukihana-sama? Is it because he isn't lazy like you?"

Rei rolled his eyes, "Ugh, no way. I'd still rather sleep all day than do anything....It's because of you Minawe. You seem to, well, like and admire him more than me. Like you would rather him be there for you, and not me. He's helped you more times that I have anyway...It's rather stupid now that I'm saying it out loud. " Rei trailed off at the end. Minawe looked at Rei for a while then started laughing.

Rei glared, "Hey, I just spilled my guts and you're here laughing?"

"Yes. Yes I am." Minawe said through her laughter. "I just can't believe that all this time you were jealous of Tsukihana-sama." She smiled, "Listen, there isn't anthing or anyone that could possibly make me like you any less than I do. True I like Tsukihana-sama, but he's a friend. Just like all the rest of them. Rei, you are the most important person in my life. You're my best friend, and my family. You do not have to be jealous of anyone, especially over something like losing me. I love you, Rei."

"Ok, you had me up until the end. Don't start getting mushy on me." Rei said. Minawe shrugged, "Well you started this heart-to-heart, so you deserved it."

"So we're cool now, right?" Minawe grinned, "Well of course you idiot."

When Uyagiri mentioned her posion she smiled and ran a finger of her blade, the black liquid doing nothing but rolling down her finger. "Yes, it is a special poison that I concocted myself. Quite deadly if it enters the bloodstream of another living being, besides myself of course." She said turning her head towards Uyagiri as he asked who she was. Maka smirked, "I, my good sir, am the Demon Lord Maka, also known as 'The Reaper". I used to hold that job by the way, as grim reaper, but after I started abusing the position they removed me from my post." Maka said talking to him as if they were discussing the weather, and not about to fight to the death. "But I grow bored by this chit chat, and I do get so easily bored." Maka came towards him doing a series of wide, yet fast swings the black liquid flying off of the blade in stead droplets.

After Shota destroyed all of the crows, he turned his attention to Corvus. "You hurt my friends, and that is unforgivable!" Shota said as he pointed at Corvus with an intense fierceness on his face. Corvus stumbled back out of fear. And as Corvus realized the feeling his hear, he clenched his right fist and held onto his chest with his left hand. "(This feeling... Fear...? No! I can't accept this! I'm Corvus, how can I feel fear against such pitiful creatures?!)" Corvus thought to himself before pointing his staff towards Shota. "You bastard! I'm done playing your little game, now I will f*cking slaughter you-" Just as Corvus finished what he was saying, Shota disappeared from his spot and reappeared behind Corvus. Feeling Shota's presence, Corvus' red eyes widened from within his mask and a single sweat drop rolled down the side of his face. "(S-So fast!)" Corvus though to himself before he was kicked away.

"Arrg, humiliate me will you...? Corvum Nigrum Maledictionem: Open!" Corvus yelled, raising his staff into the air. Suddenly, a rift opened up and coming out from the rift were hundreds of demons, the same ones that were on the train. Seeing this, Shota's eyes widened. "J-Just how many demons are there?!" Shota asked. Corvus stood up and began laughing. "HeheheheHAHAHAHA! That's right, I love that look in your eyes! Fear! Fear me for I am the most powerful demon ever!!!!" Corvus yelled psychotically. "Wrong." Shota said which caused Corvus to look at Shota. Instead of seeing fear, Corvus saw determination in Shota's eyes.

"Remember this, your pride was the cause of your death. A crow can never become phoenix!" Shota yelled as the air ignited around Shota, setting the air around him ablaze.

"Demon Slayer Secret Art: Azure Phoenix!" Shota yelled before punching his right fist upward. Suddenly, from below Corvus, a giant pillar of fire shot out from the ground, engulfing Corvus in flames. "GAH!!!!!" Corvus screamed in pain. "I CAN'T DIE!!!!!!" Corvus yelled his last words before Shota clapped both of his hands together and in an instant, the giant fire pillar froze. Then a second later, the ice pillar exploded into a giant blue-flamed phoenix. Once the blue-flamed phoenix disappeared, there was nothing left of Corvus and a giant crater remained on the ground. Shota stood there breathing heavily. He has defeated Corvus. "I-I did it..." Shota uttered. However, even after Corvus was defeated, the hundreds of demons still stood there. Shota's eyes widened out of surprise. "Th-They're still here..." Shota said to himself in disbelief.

-Meanwhile-

After Rei's apology, Tsukihana gave a slight chuckle. "Rei, there's nothing to be jealous about. Your closer to Minawe than I am or will ever be. When you two had that argument, all she could think about was you. Without you, Minawe wouldn't be able to smile so cheerfully." Tsukihana said. "You're her light in the darkness." Tsukihana added as he placed his hand on Rei's shoulder.

"It's hard to find such a quiet person in this noisy forest, so don't leave her side." Tsukihana told Rei.

"Now that we've gotten this settled, let's go find Prof. Uyagiri." Tsukihana told the two. However, before they could leave, Umbra appeared, carrying Tatsuya on his back. "Finally, we found you guys." Umbra said. Sugito then walked out from the tree line. "Well, I'm glad Shota and Rikka were able to defeat Corvus or else I may have stayed in that containment for awhile." Sugito said. Umbra placed Tatsuya down, sitting up against a tree. "Tatsuya he's-" Umbra began but was then interrupted by Tsukihana. "Don't tell me he's dead, I can't sense his soul signature at all." Tsukihana said worryingly. "Hmm, I know he isn't dead, he just used up too much energy is all." Sugito said. "Oh, well that's a relief." Tsukihana replied. "I was just going to see the same thing. Anyways, where is Prof. Uyagiri?" Umbra asked. "We'll not sure ourselves, we think he may have ran into that demon girl." Tsukihana replied. "I see. Very well, I'm sure he can handle himself." Sugito said.

Uyagiri's eyes widened to here that Maka is a demon lord. "A demon lord...? You're only one rank below the Seven Kin of Abaddon..." Uyagiri said as a single sweat drop fell down his face and onto the ground. After Maka had finished her story, she rushed at Uyagiri with a series of wide, quick slashes; her special poison being flung off of her scythe's blade. "(Damn, I can't let that poison hit me)" Uyagiri thought to himself before leaping back and sheathing his sword. "(There's no way I can attack her with my swords. I'll just have to fight with Verse.)" Uyagiri though before pointing his index finger towards Maka. "Holy Verse XLI: Tokkōyaku!" Uyagiri shouted before a small orb of light formed on the tip of his finger. Uyagiri then shot the orb of light towards Maka. But Uyagiri wasn't finished there, he then used the same attack and began firing at Maka in rapid succession like two guns.

Rei looked at Tsukihana with a short not, "Yeah, no doubt he's fighting that demon." Rei said as the three was about to head out. However, before they could start walking Umbra came through the clearing, carring Tatsuya on his back and Sugito trailing behind him. According to Sugito Corvus was destroied by Rikka and Shota, and due to Umbra and Tasuyas prescense Rednocte must have been killed as well. So that ment that the only one left was the demon girl. Umbra sat Tatsuya against a tree. He looked passed out, but Tsukihana offered a different suggestion.

"Dead!" Minawe exclaimed. After hearing Tsukihana ask if he was dead, she completely ignored everything else that was said and ran over to Tatsuya grabbing him by the collar, and began shaking him rapidly, "You can't be dead! Wake up Teriyama!" From shaking him, she then turned to repeatedly slapping him. "Come on! Breathe!"

"You idiot, he's not dead. But if you don't stop he soon will be." Rei said with a sweatdrop on his head. Minawe hadn't heard him over her own yelling. By the time she finished slapping him both of his cheeks were bright red. "I didn't want to do this Teriyama but I have no choice."

"W-wait!" Rei yelled already knowing what she was about to do. Minawe pulled Tatsuya to her in a hug and then delivered a massive electrical shock to his system that lasted much longer than was actually needed. "He's still not breathing!" She shouted not even given Tatsuya a moment to breathe before shocking him a second time. Rei only sighed and turned to the others ignoring Minawe who was still trying to "save" Tatsuya, "I'm sensing some energy over in that direction. That's probably our best bet."

Maka raised an eyebrow when Uyagiri jumped away from her and sheathed his swords. "Don't tell me you're having second thoughts about fighting me." She tilted her head as he started chanting a verse. "Oh, not these things again. I really hate you exorsist and these verses." She said as he shot the first one at her. Maka simply timed it and cut the attack in half, her poison cutting through and desintergrating the attack. He then began shoting one after another from his fingers, as if he was handling two guns. Maka began a series of dodges and arial flips, mostly to show off. It seems as though she wasn't taking Uyagiri seriously, but then again she hardly took anything seriously, and instead looked at everything like some kind of sick game. One of the orbs made a direct hit to her gut, stunning her for a split second which was more than enough time for the rest of the orbs to hit her.

"Well, that was a right shock. That actually hurt you know." Maka said from the same spot that she was. Before all of the orbs could hit her, the scythe began spinning rapidly in front of her creating a sort of shield, which blocked the orbs with the poison mist. The Scythe continued to spin faster and faster until it created a vortex of wind, it's posion mist following the air currents making it almost like a dark tornado. It headed straight for Uyagiri.

After being repeatedly slapped by Minawe, Tatsuya slowly began to open his eyes. "Why is it so loud? And why does my face hurt so mu-" Before he could finish his sentence Minawe pulled him into a hug. "W-what the hell?" He looked down at Minawe and his face grew even redder than it already was from Minawe's slaps. He then realized that Minawe's breasts were pressed up against him and as soon as he did a drop of blood ran out of his nose.

"M-Minaw-" He didn't seem to get a single word in with Minawe because he suddenly felt thousands of volts of electricity rush through his whole body. His hair was standing up and his whole body was blackened. "[i]H-how am I still ali-[/i]" For the third time he was cut off by Minawe. He was shocked once again by Minawe. He coughed up smoke when she was done. "St-stop Minawe. I'll do anything. I don't want to die yet."

Minawe was still hugging onto Tatsuya and was about to shock him again, when she heard him speak. "Teriyama! You're alive!" She pulled away from him and her smiled turned into a suspicious look. "Teriyama, why is your nose bleeding....?" Seconds passed before it clicked in her mind and an angry vein popped on her forehead. Minawe gripped his collar with both hands and in an amazing feat of strength spun him around then threw him into a tree while shouting, "TERIYAMA YOU PRVERT!!!"

"I go through all this trouble to save your life and you pay me back by having dirty thoughts! Which are very bad to have!"

"But he was never in need of help." Rei pointed out from the background.

"Shut up Rei!"

((Oh, I didn't mention this before but the rain stopped a long time ago))

"Alright, let's go help Prof. Uyagiri out then." Tsukihana replied to Rei as he told them that he sensed energy nearby. However, before they could go, Tatsuya finally awoke, or rather, was finally able to get Minawe to stop shocking him. A little later, Minawe yelled at Tatsuya, calling him a "pervert" and spinning him in the air a few times before throwing him into the tree. Tsukihana watched with both amazement and nervousness, possibly even a little fear. "It's extraordinary that Tatsuya can survive through such a beating from Minawe-chan..." Tsukihana commented. "Now would you kids stop playing around, you're on a mission. Now, let's get to Uyagiri's position-" After Sugito had said that, the ground began to tremble. "What's going on?" Tsukihana asked. Suddenly, bursting out of the tree line was Shota and Rikka. "HELP!!!" Shota yelled as two comical droplets of tears can be seen at the ends of his eyes. "We've don't have the energy to fend off these demons!" Rikka exclaimed.

Shota and Rikka then made their way behind the group. "Demons? What demons?" Tsukihana asked. Suddenly, a gigantic swarm of demons burst out from the tree line and charged towards the group. "There are so many of them!" Tsukihana exclaimed before he began shooting at the closer demons. "What in the world happened?" Sugito asked Shota and Rikka. "Before we killed Corvus he summoned up a whole bunch of demons. There are hundreds of them, this is just a small number!" Shota replied. "Just a small number?! Damn, even in death that demon can be troublesome..." Tsukihana said. "Arrow Verse: Piercing Heaven!" Tsukihana called out before a large arrow completely composed of light materialized in his hand. Once Tsukihana shot the arrow, as it reached the middle of the swarm of demons, the arrow exploded, instantly incinerating most of the demons in that particular swarm. However, more demons showed up and completely overtook the forest.

They were everywhere. On top of trees, on the ground, there seemed to be a countless number of the demons. "Jeez, doesn't the Nirvana Ordinis know that we're just C and D-Rank exorcists?!" Shota complained. "Stop your whining child. It is not like we planned all of this to happen. Besides, if you can't defeat a mere hundreds of demons then how can you advance in your ranking as an exorcist?" Sugito replied to Shota's statement. "Right now isn't the time to complain. Now is the time to fulfill our duties to eliminate theses demons." Tsukihana replied to Shota's comment as well while he continued attacking the demons.

As the tornado neared Uyagiri, he gave a smirk. But it wasn't a smirk of confidence, it was actually a smirk of nervousness. "Damn, I never liked aggressive women." Uyagiri joked, even at a time like this. "Divine Verse XVII: Kami no Jūjika!" Uyagiri called out as he took a wooden cross from his pocket and placed it towards Maka and the tornado. Placing his palm on the back of the cross, the cross then began emitting a brilliant white light from the front face of the cross. Suddenly, an enormous version of the cross composed out of brilliant light shot out from the small cross and headed towards Maka and the tornado. The enormous light cross seems to harmlessly pass through all of the trees in the area, but as soon as it hit the poison tornado, the tornado was completely nullified. The cross continued its path towards Maka.

"(Heh, I never thought I would be going up against a demon lord. Luckily I'm armed with Divine Verses which are even more powerful than Holy Verses and are massively more powerful than regular Verses. Kami no Jūjika... This Divine Verse shoots out an enormous cross of holy light that can nullify all dark powers and if it hits that demon, even if she doesn't become incinerated, her wounds would put her out of commission for a good while.)" Uyagiri thought to himself.

-Meanwhile-

As Kinsei continued to walk through the forest trying to find an exit, he finally stumbled upon a large clearing. "He's here..." Kinsei said to himself as he stepped into the clearing to see an enormous church. The church was quite damaged and seems to have been abandoned a long time ago, however, it still stood tall. Shin then appeared in his spiritual form next to Kinsei. "Kinsei, why did you come here? Who's this person you're going to see?" Shin asked. "You'll find out once we enter into this church." Kinsei replied. Shin was amazed by how large and adamant the church looked even though it was began to crumble away. As Kinsei opened the large doors and stepped inside, the first thing that was noticeable was a large field of flowers in the middle of the wide and long interior of the church. Broken pews lined the sides of the inside of the church. "Whoa, the inside of this church is massive." Shin awed. Suddenly, Shin noticed a figure sitting in the field of flowers.

"Who is that?" Shin asked. "The person I'm here to end things with..." Kinsei replied. "This is such a beautiful and magnificent place... For the first time I can pick up a flower without it wilting..." a familiar voice said as the figure stood up from the ground. The figure then turned around to face Kinsei. It was revealed that the figure is actually Azayl. "You're finally here... Brother..." Azayl spoke.

Tatsuya slowly clawed his way back up. "Motherf*cking b*tch...that hurt!" After getting back up and arching his back he looked back at Minawe. "What the hell was that for?! Are you trying to kill me you no good homocidal b*tch?!" He felt the ground begining to tremble and sighed. "You guys seriously aren't done yet?" He looked at Shota and Rikka come running in screaming for help. "What'd you guys break?" Following them were a bunch of demons.

"Those are just those low level ones that Corvus uses. Wait...Corvus? Does that mean the useless wimp Shota beat Corvus?!" In anger ripped off the head of one of the demon's and threw it at another. "They're not a big threat. This should be easy." Soon they were completely surronded. The whole forest seemed to be taken up. "Now that may be a problem." He let out a sigh. "I don't even have enough power left to use my power for even five more seconds. If I had three or four more minutes I could probably use a verse and destroy a huge chunk of them."

He looked back at Minawe then back to a section of the demons. He mumbled to himself, "That'd be too much strain on you..." He had a frown on his face but it soon changed to a smirk. "I can use my fists fine though. And don't think because I can't use my powers right now I'll fall behind any of you." He charged at the section he was looking at before. "I'll slaughter you all and then get some undisturbed shut-eye!"

Minawe only glared at Tatsuya, "It's you're own fault for having pervy thoughts." Sugito then told them to stop messing around, and almost right after that the ground began shaking. It almost felt like an earthquake. Suddenly Shota and Rikka bursted through the tree line yelling about demons chasing them. Just as Tsukihana asked, "What demons?", the demons from the train emerged from where Shota and Rikka came from. They were quickly surrounded trapping the group in a circle. Tatsuya took the first leap, charging a group of demons. Minawe figured that they wouldn't get anywhere just standing around, so she threw chakrams in a vertical fashion and about 5 feet apart. Rei then charged the weapons with lightening, that then shot out to connect with the other chakram, creating a 5 foot long ligtening bolt - that expanded the full chape and size of the chakram - to ram into the demons in front of them.

"Divine verse?" Maka repeated. "What the hell is that?" She hadn't heard of divine verses before, and was surprised when her poison was so easily nullified by the large, bright cross heading towards her. [i]I don't think I should be here when that thing passes.[/i] Maka thought to herself as she abandoned her attack to escape. As the cross got closer she noticed the poison on her scythe become faint and on the verge of being purified. Just as the cross passed the area Maka had managed to avoid a head on hit. But when she looked down she saw her left leg was completely burnt. She scowled. There was pain. Lots of it. It was a searing, almost flesh tearing pain in her left leg. And then everytime she blinked all she was was that bright light. "That was something. It was more powerful than those other puny verses that you exorsist have." She said moving to sit on her scythe and examne her leg closely. It would be pretty much useless until she gets some rest and it heals. "Guess even you old people still have a bit of kick in you."

[size="5"][center][b]CHAPTER 13: BROTHERS[/b][/center][/size]

[spoiler=Chapter 13 Synopsis]With Azayl revealed to be the person that Kinsei has come to see, a clash between brothers will decide the fate of the Bane of Purgatory. Meanwhile, hundreds of demons that Corvus had summoned before he met his demise now swarms the Nichibotsu Forest. And a mysterious new figure arrives to intervene the battle between Uyagiri and Maka.[/spoiler]

Shin's eyes widened as he saw the figure turning around to be none other than Aki, the boy he and Tatsuya helped out a few days ago. "Aki, what is he doing here? And why did he called you brother? Does that mean... He's one of the Seven Kin of Abaddon?!" Shin asked with shock. "(So you two have met huh? His real name is Azayl, the Demon Prince of Wrath...)" Kinsei replied to Shin in his thoughts. "Demon Prince of Wrath...? That's odd, he doesn't seem very wrathful." Shin commented. "(That's because he's in his 'Slumber' State. Once he has awakened, then his wrathful nature overtakes him.)" Kinsei explained. "Faust, I'm surprised... How were you able to rid Maka's poison from your body?" Azayl asked. "That's not important right now Azayl." Kinsei replied. "You're right... What's important is to end this bloodshed. Please Brother, come back with me and Maka to Abaddon. I do not wish to fight you." Azayl pleaded.

"As I said before, I can't, even if I want to..." Kinsei replied. "You do not wish to let me know why you won't return to Abaddon... However, even if you will not return, Father needs the Bane of Purgatory, and I cannot fail him. So if you will not return, at least allow me to return to Father with the sword." Azayl said. "Sorry Azayl... I need the Bane of Purgatory's help. Without it, I don't think I will be able to complete my goal. Once I have completed my goal I will return to Abaddon and return the sword to Father. I will also accept whatever punishment I deserve, but I will be ashamed of myself if I return now." Kinsei explained. "I see... So it's a matter of pride... You are the Demon Prince of Pride... Very well, then I have no choice but to take the Bane of Purgatory by force." Azayl replied.

"And so the only way to end bloodshed is with more bloodshed..." Kinsei muttered before holding the Bane of Purgatory in front of him and slowly unsheathing the sword. Suddenly, once the sword was unsheathed, black flames engulfed Kinsei's body. "AHHHHH!!!!" Kinsei shouted from the pain the flames were inflicting upon him. "Brother-" Azayl exclaimed but was interrupted by Kinsei. "STAY BACK! I am your enemy now, and if you want the Bane of Purgatory then you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands! Stupid sword, listen to me!" Kinsei shouted will still in pain. "Kinsei! You have to sheath the Bane of Purgatory now! If you don't then you and my physical body will perish!" Shin yelled but was ignored by Kinsei. "AHHHH! F*CKING USELESS SWORD, LISTEN TO ME!!!! LISTEN!!!!" Kinsei shouted furiously. In an instant, the black flames vanished and were replaced with blue flames.

"T-The pain stopped..." Kinsei said, breathing heavily. Azayl's eyes widened seeing the black flames of the Bane of Purgatory being replaced with Kinsei's blue flames. Kinsei then entered into his partial demon state with his canines becoming larger, his ears becoming pointy, his irises turning into an intense light blue, and two blue flames appearing above his head. Kinsei then smirked and threw the Bane of Purgatory onto the ground. Kinsei then proceeded to stomp the Bane of Purgatory a couple of times. "F*cking sword, don't mess with me! You think I can't take control of you?!" Kinsei asked, letting his prideful nature taking over him. Once Kinsei had calm down, he picked up the sword and pointed it towards Azayl. "Well now Azayl, like I said before. I'm now your enemy and if you want the Bane of Purgatory, then you'll have to pry it from cold, dead hands." Kinsei said with a cocky grin.

"Very well then Brother, but please know that I'm not doing this because I want to-" After making that statement, Azayl's right arm was instantly cut off by a wave of blue flames Kinsei fired from the Bane of Purgatory. "AHHHHH!" Azayl yelled as he fell onto his knees holding onto his right arm or what's the left of it. "Kinsei-" Shin was then interrupted by Kinsei. "(Don't worry, his arm will regenerate. I'm trying to get him to awaken. That way, it won't be the peaceful Azayl that will be hurt.)" Kinsei explained. "What's the matter Azayl?! Giving up?! You're pathetic, why don't you use your Ark?!" Kinsei shouted. Breathing heavily with sweat running down his face, Azayl stood up, still holding onto his right arm. "I-I won't... I WON'T USE IT!" Azayl replied with a bit of anger shown in his voice. "Fine then, let's see if you're still unwilling to use it after this!" Kinsei yelled before performing a powerful wide slash.

A large wave of blue flames burst from the slash and came crashing into Azayl, sending him flying into a raised platform. "(C'mon Azayl, awaken... I don't want to hurt this side of you anymore then I already have...)" Kinsei thought to himself as he clenched his fists.

-Meanwhile-

As Tatsuya charged at the demons, they simply stood there and awaited for Tatsuya to come closer. As he neared them, one of the demons simply kicked Tatsuya back. Seeing this, the other demons figured that Tatsuya was weak and so they all charged at him. Luckily, Minawe and Rei then attacked the demons with a giant bolt of lightning. Once the demons were slammed with the giant bolt, they instantly fell to the ground and crumbled away into black sand. Some demons leaped up into the air towards the group, with their bladed hands ready to strike. While others mounted a ground assault, charging at full speed. The sheer amount of demons were overwhelming, but luckily this time around, they could be killed. Tsukihana continued firing at the demons with light-tipped arrows that burned through the demons' skin and killing them. "Alright everybody, stand back!" Sugito warned before taking out some grenades filled with liquid. "Is that Holy Water Bombs?" Tsukihana asked. "Yeah, luckily I decided to bring some with me." Sugito replied.

Sugito then pulled the pins on two of the grenades and threw it towards the swarming demons. As the grenades exploded, they released a shower of holy water that, when touched the demons' skin, sizzled and slowly burned away the demons' flesh. The demons fell to the ground and squirmed around violently as their flesh slowly burned. Soon, the demons died and crumbled into black sand. "Whoa! I need to get myself some of those bombs!" Shota exclaimed. "I only brought a few. These things are still pretty new and so not much of them are manufactured yet." Sugito explained.

Uyagiri punched a nearby tree when he saw Maka narrowly escaping the cross. "Damn it... I was hoping to end things there... I won't be able to use another Divine Verse..." Uyagiri muttered to himself as he pushed his glasses up. Hearing what Maka had said, Uyagiri's right eyebrow began twitching. "Hey watch it, I'm only thirty-six, I ain't that old. Besides, I'm sure you're much older than me hag." Uyagiri said that last part with a mocking smirk. "(Well, at least I got one of her leg, I better attack while I can-)" Uyagiri's thoughts were interrupted as a rift opened up in front of Maka. The rift appeared to be the same one made from the small shard that Satan had given her. "My, my, what do we have here? Poor little Maka, it's beneath a Demon Lord to get hurt by such lowly creatures, yet here you are with a burned leg." a familiar voice to Maka spoke as a slender figure walked out of the rift.

"Another demon...?" Uyagiri muttered to himself. The figure has pale skin, almost a light grey in appearance. He has medium-length white hair with bangs completely covering the left part of his face. His eyes consisted of red-colored concentric circles and he had a calm yet mocking smirk on his face. His attire consisted of a white-colored, full-body suit with diamond-shaped cutouts along his arms and legs. He also wore matching gloves, a large, high-collared red cape, and a golden sash adorned with a large diamond-shaped ruby. Finally, he carries on his sash a demonic rapier. "It's been awhile since I've last seen you Maka..." he said. "Just who are you?" Uyagiri questioned. "Who am I? Oh, that's right, a lowly human wouldn't know would it? Then allow me to introduce myself. I am Demon Lord Zubaba, Ruler of the Plains of Sins and Keeper of the Grimoire Index." Zubaba stated.

Archived