Blood Blue Kuro no Ōji [ IC / Started / Not Accepting ]

.:Blu:.

Shin quickly grabbed a hold of his head when Minawe smacked him instead of Kinsei. "Ouch... Minawe you got the wrong person..." Shin whined. A comically devious smirk formed on Kinsei's face seeing that Minawe had smacked Shin instead of him. "(Heh, bad luck today Shin?)" Kinsei asked Shin through his thoughts. "(Oh shut it...)" Shin replied with a small teardrop on each of his eyes. Minawe now focused her soul into her palm to create a portal in order to summon Lumi. As the portal began to open, small streaks of yellow lightning shot out from the portal and then, jumping out of the portal was Lumi, who now has gotten a bit bigger then before. "Hmm, oh it's you Minawe! I haven't seen you in awhile so here's a gift from me." Lumi said before delivering a shock to Minawe, which also accidentally hit both Kinsei and Shin. All three of them fell to the ground, burnt. "Humph, you know you can summon me a little more often!" Lumi complained before crossing his small, fluffy arms.

"Why in the hell were we caught in it...?" Kinsei asked Shin with spirals for eyes. "I guess Lumi doesn't know how to control his powers..." Shin replied. A little later, after everything was back to normal, Kinsei, Shin, Minawe, and Lumi now was travelling down the dark hallway, and thanks to Lumi's illuminated fur, they were able to travel safely. "Jeez, this is a pretty long hallway ain't it?" Kinsei asked, looking around. Suddenly, the group heard some strange rattling noises which caused them to stop. "What was that?" Shin asked. "Oh no, I don't like this kinda thing." Lumi said as he covered his eyes out of fear. Suddenly, the rattling became louder and then something surprising happened. Running towards the group was a swarm of skeletal warriors, holding different types of weapons. "The f*ck?!" Kinsei asked. "Where did those things come from?!" Shin asked.

The skeletons continued their charge, prompting Kinsei to unsheathed his Bane of Purgatory. "Alright everybody, we have to fight them off cause I'm not gonna look like a coward and run away." Kinsei proclaimed. "Wait Kinsei!" Shin called out. "What is it now?!" Kinsei asked. "Don't use too much power or you might damage the academy!" Shin stated. "Arrg, alright whatever! Take this a**holes!" Kinsei shouted before swinging his Bane of Purgatory in a wide arc, unleashing a wave of blue flames. The wave then smashed into the charging skeletons, destroying some of them and knocking back much more. "Seriously, why does this kinda crap always happen to us?!" Kinsei asked.

-Meanwhile-

Attempting to find out who did this to Mayumi, Tatsuya pushed through the crowd and kneeled down at her side. Though he tried and ask her who was it that attacked her, she was unconscious. Then, the medical team gently took her and placed her on a stretcher. "Sorry, but we have to take her into emergency surgery immediately. She has lost a lot of blood." one of the medical personnel told Tatsuya. "Poor Mayumi..." Shota spoke with a weak voice. Seeing this, even Uyagiri stopped his usual silly state. While Tatsuya continued to kneel there, a sudden voice came up from behind Tatsuya as well as from behind Shota and Uyagiri. "I see... So the demon still retains some sort of human-like emotion..." the voice spoke. Shota and Uyagiri turned around to see Shiratori calmly standing there. "Such a tragedy what happened to that woman... However, I couldn't care less about her... Rather, I'm relishing the fact that you're suffering... Tatsuya Takeda..." Shiratori stated calmly.

"That's enough Shiratori. Leave now." Uyagiri told him. "Yeah, what the hell is the matter with you?! How can you say that you don't care about someone getting hurt?!" Shota asked angrily. "Do you think that [b]thing[/b] over there cares...? I think [b]it's[/b] just putting on a facade, nothing more..." Shiratori responded.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tatsuya had stayed there as Mayumi was being carried off. But before she could be completely carried away he mumbled to himself. "Hey Mayumi..." He continued to kneel there until he heard a familiar voice. He slowly stood up after Shiratori began to talk and turned around. His fists were tightly clenched. When Shiratori had finished his sentence he didn't hesitate to charge at Shiratori with his fist ready to strike him right in the face.

Tatsuya stopped right in front of Shiratori and just let his fist drop to his side. "You're not worth it. I've already kicked your ass pretty badly before. Just knowing that both of us know that I can do it again is good enough for me." He turned to Uyagiri. "I'm going to go look for the bastard who did this. Shota should be able to handle things with you from here." He began to walk off before stopping to turn around and look at Shiratori. "By the way Shiratori. I kind of wish I did kill your mom. I bet the look on her face as I ripped out her guts would be priceless. And it'd give you an actual reason to b*tch at me." He walked out of the room and headed in whatever direction to hopefully find some sort of clue.

"Hey Luna-AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" Minawe started to say, but it turned into a yell as Lumi shocked her and also Kensei and Shin. Minawe coughed up black smoke, and then gave a sheepish grin, "S-sorry about that Luna." Lumi had grown a lot bigger over the time of his absense, but he was still very cute, and Minawe wanted to squeeze him again. But the memory of being shocked the first time, and just a few seconds ago stopped her form doing that.

Moments later they were walking down the hallway, Lumi sitting on top of her head and using his fur to light the way. Suddenly skeletons appeared blocking their way. Kensei took the inicitive and took out his sword and started attacking the skeletons. Minawe followed next and took out her chakrams. "What I wanna know is why are their skeletons inside of the Academy. I'm even more worried for Jess now." She said throwing her chakrums, "Luna, fire a bolt at the chakrums."

When Minawe threw her chakrams and told Lumi to charged them with lightning, Lumi jumped up into the air. "Right!" Lumi replied before sending out a large both of lightning that, once made contact with the chakrams, engulfed them in lightning that spun in circles, turning them into the lightning disks that Rei usually creates. Suddenly, a loud noise can be heard coming toward the group's direction. The noise almost sounded like someone shouting continuously. "AHHHHH!!!!" the noise became louder and suddenly, a figure can be seen running at high speed toward the swarm of skeletons. "MINAWE!!!! I'VE COME TO YOUR AID!!!!" the figure turned out to be Isa, in his energetic state. "Hey isn't that the guy who was talking a lot of nonsense to you at the BREPT meeting a couple of weeks ago?" Kinsei asked Minawe. The skeletons turned around to face Isa, turning their attention away from the others. Isa then came charging in with a couple of boxing-like punches, completely destroying the skulls of every skeleton that was unfortunate enough to be in his path.

After awhile, all of the skeletons were destroyed, but now the two chakrams collided straight into Isa, creating a small explosion of lightning. "Boy what an idiot..." Kinsei said with a "what the hell" kind of look and a sweat drop on his head. Once the lightning disappeared, Isa fell to the ground, burnt and then exhaling a puff of smoke. Minawe's chakrams also landed onto the ground, luckily Isa wasn't hit by the chakrams or else he would receive more than just a minor comical burn.

[A Little Bit Later]

"So what are you even doing out here Isa?" Shin asked. Before Isa could reply to Shin's question, the lights suddenly turned on. "What the- Does this mean that the lights were caused by those skeletons being here?" Kinsei asked. "Well actually-" Before Isa could even begin to say what he needed to say, a particular person interrupted the group. "Oh I'm glad I found you guys. Jenos is hurt." a familiar voice spoke from down the hallway. Looking to that direction, the person who had just spoke was revealed to be Kuro, carrying an unconscious and injured Jenos on his back. Jenos was covered in slashes and blood, and now Kuro seemed to be acting in a mix between his calm side and is innocent side. "Kuro..." Kinsei said as he clenched his fists tightly. "Kinsei stop, don't think about fighting right now. Jenos is injured." Shin stated which caused Kinsei to reluctantly let go of his anger for now.

"What are you doing with Jenos, and who exactly was the one who injured him like that?" Kinsei questioned Kuro. "I found Jenos on the roof of an old building near the Class-D buildings and so I helped him here to get medical attention because he is part of the Class-C. Why? Are you suspecting me of being the one who caused Jenos' injuries?" Kuro asked. "I wouldn't put it passed you, but I guess I just can't place a blame on you like that, but Jenos will tell us once he wakes up." Kinsei replied. Kuro's usual smile formed on his face hearing that response. "Well, if you put it that way then I'll be leaving since you see me as an enemy and not a fellow student. I am ashamed of you Kinsei Hikawa. You should be more trusting of people." Kuro replied before gently placing Jenos down, leaning against the wall. "Goodbye... Have fun waking him up..." Kuro said before walking off.

After Kuro had gone out of sight, Kinsei clenched his fists and then slammed the wall angrily. "Damn bastard..." Kinsei muttered. "Calm down Kinsei, he's trying to make you angry, don't fall for his tricks." Shin proclaimed. "I'll help you guys carry Jenos to the medical wing." Isa said before running over to Jenos and gently placing Jenos upon his back. "Alright, let's go." Isa said.

-Meanwhile-

Shiratori stood there calmly even when Tatsuya charged at him and was about to strike him, however, Tatsuya stopped. After saying what he had to say to Shiratori, Tatsuya told Uyagiri that Shota would handle things from here and Tatsuya was going to look for the person who did this. "R-Right." Shota replied. "Tatsuya, don't do anything rash." Uyagiri warned, though he was clearly ignored. Before walking off completely, Tatsuya stopped and turned to face Shiratori. The next thing Tatsuya said really got Shiratori ticked off when Tatsuya said that he wish he was the one to have kill Shiratori's mother and how Shiratori's face would be priceless. "Tatsuya!" Uyagiri shouted but was once again ignored as Tatsuya left. "You... You EMOTIONLESS DEMON!!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT AND HOW DARE YOU REFUSE THE FACT THAT YOU WERE THE ONE THAT KILLED HER!!!! I'M GLAD THAT I WAS ABLE TO INJURE THAT WOMAN BUT I ONLY WISH THAT I WOULD'VE KILLED HER!!!!" Shiratori shouted with fierce anger and hatred, stating that he was the one who attacked Mayumi.

Shiratori's left eye then transformed into its demon state and Shiratori then focused his eyes on Tatsuya's right arm. Suddenly, Tatsuya's right arm was completely ripped off by something unseen. "Shiratori!" Uyagiri shouted. "I WILL KILL YOU AND THEN I WILL TORTURE THAT WOMAN BEFORE KILLING HER!!!!" Shiratori shouted. Lights above Tatsuya suddenly shattered, the pieces of glass raining down upon Tatsuya and slicing his flesh.

Tatsuya stopped after hearing that Shiratori had confessed to the attack on Mayumi. "What?!" He turned around ready to attack but his right arm was suddenly ripped off. "Gah!" Next thing he knew his flesh was being sliced by the glass from the destroyed lights. With bloodied eyes filled with rage he looked at Shiratori. "So you're the f*cker who did it?" He quickly charged at Shiratori, using a burst of energy from his feets to increase his speed and quickly go for a headbutt on Shiratori. "I'LL F*CKING SLAUGHTER YOU YOU HYPOCRITICAL DOUCHEBAG!!!"

"Is that....Aruki?" Minawe asked herself hearing the familiar voice. Kensei seemed to recognize him as well. Isa ran through the skeleton hoard rapidly throwing punches and destroying them. "Hey watch out!" Minawe shouted but it was too late. Her chakrums hit Isa shocking him in the same manor they were earlier.

"Ouch...Are you ok!?" Minawe asked joggin over and picking up her chakrums. "

[Later]

They were still in the hallway but Isa was doing much better. Kensei went to ask what he was doing down here but before he could answer the lights came back on, and then a familiar voice sounded. It was Kuro carring a hurt Jenos on his back. "Jess!" She called out worriedly.

What was going on here? And how did Jenos get hurt so badly? Kensei started to accuse Kuro. Normally Minawe would just say Kensei was just saying that because he didnt like him, but Kuro was pretty strange. He didnt...seem as sinscere as the rest of them. Like he's always putting on some type of act. But that wasnt important now. What was important was that they get Jenos some help. Kuro left stating since he wasnt trusted he should leave. Isa put Jenos on his back and Minawe walked silently behind them going between casting worried looks at Jenos and wondering what was going on around here.

"

As Tatsuya was cut by the broken shards of glass, Shiratori looked at his right hand and suddenly, a black-bladed rapier materialized. Shiratori then looked up to Tatsuya with an evil grin. "HAH! YOU SLAUGHTER ME?! HOW WILL YOU BE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THAT WITH JUST ONE ARM???!!!" Shiratori shouted. As Tatsuya launched himself towards Shiratori, Shiratori held up his rapier to the side in order to slash at Tatsuya. However, when Tatsuya neared Shiratori and when Shiratori proceeded to attack, Uyagiri suddenly jumped in between them and grabbed Shiratori's hand, the one holding the rapier, and was also hit in the back by Tatsuya's headbutt. "GODDAMMIT!!!!" Uyagiri comically shouted in pain as his back was further damaged by Tatsuya. Shota just watched from the sidelines with his jaw wide open in astonishment. "Man... Tatsuya was trying to go for a death blow or something with that headbutt..." Shota muttered.

Uyagiri then became serious again as he gazed at Shiratori. "Stop this now... Your powers are dangerous and shouldn't be used in such a manner..." Uyagiri stated. "Humph, and why should I stop? This is my chance to finally kill this pitiful demon." Shiratori replied. "Even if you're labeled a murderer and will then be arrested by the Knights?" Uyagiri asked. "If that thing can get away with murder then why can't I?" Shiratori asked in response. "Because he did not kill your mother! Release your powers and come with me!" Uyagiri shouted. "Bullsh*t! Don't cover for that thin-" Shiratori's response was interrupted as Uyagiri slapped Shiratori across his face. "Stop acting like a little child who won't listen to reason... Release your powers and come with me now..." Uyagiri said. Not responding verbally, Shiratori's eye once again turned back to normal and all of Tatsuya's injuries disappeared in a manner as if they weren't even caused in the first place.

Uyagiri then turned around and looked at Tatsuya. "I'll take care of things from here, you go and calm yourself down. Shiratori isn't the one who injured Mayumi I can tell you that Tatsuya, but this doesn't mean that now you should go on some manhunt when you don't even know where to start. There's no need for more trouble." Uyagiri explained before leaving, being followed by Shiratori. As Shiratori left, he clenched his fists tightly and his left eye started to become red but did not fully developed. "(I know what I saw, and what I saw was that thing with a sword pierced through my mother... He will pay for his crime, and I shall be his judge, jury, and executioner...)" Shiratori thought to himself. After they left, Shota walked to Tatsuya. "You probably don't want to listen to me, but instead of looking blindly for who hurt Mayumi, maybe you should go and watch out for her instead." Shota said before leaving as well.

-Meanwhile-

Soon Kinsei, Shin, Minawe, and Isa arrived at the medical wing which they then proceeded to submit Jenos into emergency treatment. The four then sat down at a few benches just outside the treating room in order to wait for the doctor to give an update on Jenos' condition. "I wonder who would do this kind of thing to Jenos. I mean, he's usually very shy, why would he have enemies?" Shin asked. "What do you mean 'who would do this'? It's obvious that that Kuro bastard is involved, and next time I see him, he's dead." Kinsei replied. "While I do find Kuro suspicious since he openly acts like a different person even though he has already showed us his true nature, we just can't jump to conclusions." Shin replied. "F*ck that! I know is that a**hole and I will beat that smug little grin right off of his face!" Kinsei shouted. "Shhh, keep your voice down Kinsei." Shin replied.

"Guys, I have something to tell you..." Isa said. "Huh, what is it?" Kinsei asked. "Remember the skeletons we fought during that first test of the BREPT?" Isa asked. "Of course I remember." Kinsei said with an annoyed voice as he was reminded of how he wasn't able to defeat it alone. "Well, Masanori, Shiratori, and me all sensed something strange about the skeletons. They seem to possess [b]three souls[/b]." Isa revealed. Shin's eyes slightly widened from surprise. "Three souls... How is that even possible...?" Shin asked. "I don't know, but I do know that one of those souls seems human." Isa proclaimed.

Tatsuya's eyes widen ed as he realized what he had hit. He stopped exerting energy and fell to his knees from the multiple types of pain. "Uyagiri...?" After a little talking between Uyagiri and Shiratori, Shiratori's eye had turned back to normal and with it Tatsuya's wounds disappeared. "God, I hate it when that happens...feels so weird." He looked at Uyagiri who was now reassuring him of a few things. Tatsuya stood up and looked away from the two as they left. He couldn't look at Uyagiri after having just injuring him.

Shota had then walked up to him and told him that he should spend this time with Mayumi. After Shota had left and quickly and loudly punched the wall. His head was hanging low. His eyes couldn't be seen because of his messed up hair and the shadows cast from it. "That idiot is actually telling me what to do and is right." He looked back up and around. "Now I just need to look around blindly for where she is. Big change Uyagiri." He began to walk off looking for where Mayumi's room is.

Minawe sat between Shin and Ise, with Lumi resting in her lap. "Yamada, even I have to agree with Kenny on this one. Loco is behind, or at least has something to do with Jess' injuries." Minawe put in right before Ise began to divulge some information to them. He told them that he, Masanori and Shiratori and found something strange about the skeletons. That they had 3 souls and that one of them was definately human. "That would explaine what Jess ment.." Realizing they weren't with her group when they went after the skeleton she elaborated. "When we went after our skeleton Jess said that it was strange. That there was a jumble of souls inside of it and not just one. Also, Loco was quick to leave the fight. It was strange. He said he wasn't a fighter so he put on a show of making sure the citizens were safe but...It just seemed weird to me..."

As Tatsuya continued walking down the medical wing, a young female nurse approached him. "You must be Tatsuya right?" the nurse asked him. "I am a colleague of Mayumi, and I was the one who found her injured. I then went to inform the emergency care unit and so I wasn't present at the scene. However, I just want to assure you that though her wound seems bad, she will be just fine. The emergency treatment is still going on but you're welcome to stay outside and wait for the doctors to finish. The room is just down the hall, room C-5." the nurse told Tatsuya. "Anyways, I just wanted to inform you about that but now I must return to care for another patient who's just been brought into emergency care as well. He has some pretty bad injuries, even worse then Mayumi. Anyways, I'll be going now." the nurse explained before running off.

"Tatsuya, it's you." a voice came from behind Tatsuya. The voice came from none other than Kuro, a seemingly pleasant smile on his face. "Well, I'm sure sorry about what happened to that nurse, what was her name again?" Kuro asked. It's strange, Kuro wasn't even there when all of the students gathered in front of Mayumi's office. Could it really be him? "Well anyways, I think we might've gotten off on the wrong foot during the first test. So how about we talk things over while waiting for the doctors to finish their treatment on that nurse friend of yours?" Kuro asked.

-Meanwhile-

"So that means he just ran off and left the fighting to you guys? From the way he revealed himself in the first test, I wouldn't peg him for a good guy. It's a strong possibility that he may have something to do with the skeletons. Though no one on my team could pick out any distinguishing characteristics from the intertwined souls residing in the creature." Isa explained. "Goddamn it, that f*cking a**hole. If it does turn out that that a**hole is the one behind all of this. I will make sure he pays." Kinsei proclaimed. "Calm down Kinsei, we just can't confront him without any evidence. However, he would have the perfect motive for getting rid of Jenos if in fact he is the one behind the skeletons' assault. Jenos' Soul Shades are said to be able to analyze souls even better than an A-Rank exorcist. So if Jenos discovered the human-like soul within the skeleton to be Kuro's, then Kuro would need to take him out." Shin explained.

"Yeah, but he didn't kill Jenos. In fact, he brought Jenos to us to bring him to emergency care. Why didn't he just eliminate Jenos?" Isa asked, cupping his chin with one hand. "Maybe he's just a cocky a**hole that thinks Jenos will be too scared to tell us that Kuro was the one who injured him." Kinsei suggested. "Maybe... Kuro does seem confident as he revealed his true nature to us, though he only did it when the examiner was out of the room, so he's confident but also cautious." Shin stated. Suddenly, Isa stood up and slammed one of his foot onto the floor, causing Lumi to jump up from Minawe's lap out of surprise. "I think it's definitely Kuro. So let's wage war on him...!" Isa proclaimed.

[center][b][i]A declaration of war from an unexpected exorcist![/i][/b][/center]

After the nurse approached him Tatsuya stopped to listen to her. She had told him that Mayumi would be okay and where her room was. He sighed in relief and did a quick bow to her as she left. He made sure nobody was looking when he did it though. From behind he heard a familiar voice. He turned around to see Kuro. After he asked the name of the injured nurse Tatsuya said loudly enough for Kuro to hear, "Mayumi is her name." Kuro seemed to want to make things up to Tatsuya. He smiled before slamming his fist into his palm. "Perfect timing. I need a good way to release this anger and I do have first dibs on you." It was obvious that Tatsuya didn't want to be friends.

Minawe nodded, "Yamada for someone who wants Kenny to calm down you sure are giving him a lot of reasons to beat Loco up. I mean you'd have to be a real jerk to harm Jess like that. He's one of the nicest kids here!" Minawe said. Isa then slammed his foot on the floor, making Lumi jump in surprise and land on the floor. Minawe also jumped slightly due to her sitting right next to him. He then said that they should wage war against Kuro. "Yeah!" Minawe exclaimed standing up and almost stepping in Lumi in the process, "In the words of Kenny, let's kick Loco's ass!!"

[center][size=5][b]CHAPTER 20: SECOND PART - FALSE DEATH SMILES[/b][/size][/center]

[spoiler=Chapter 20 Synopsis]Revealing himself to be the caused behind the appearances of the skeletal creatures, Kuro then reveals to Jenos something he calls the power of "Messorem" and tells Jenos that he will be the first to die by Kuro's use of this new power, though it was later revealed that Kuro did not kill Jenos. Believing Kuro is the person whose behind the skeletons' assault and the injuries caused to Jenos, Kinsei, Shin, Minawe, and Isa declare war on Kuro. Now the next day approaches and the next meeting to discuss the upcoming partner exam will begin.[/spoiler]

Hearing Tatsuya's response, Kuro placed his hands up in a way that is lightheartedly telling Tatsuya to "calm down". "Whoa now, I don't want to fight you. Like I said, we should start over." Kuro replied with an obviously fake friendly smile which Kuro intended to show. "Well, I understand that your ticked because Mayu- whatever her name is was injured. So I'll just be leaving. Hopefully the next time we meet, you'll have the strength to prevent another incident like what happened with that nurse..." Kuro said before walking towards Tatsuya. Walking pass Tatsuya, the familiar mocking grin formed on Kuro's face. Without saying anything, Kuro simply went off down the hallway.

[The Next Day]

"Well, I'm off to that damn meeting..." Kinsei complained as he left to go to the academy. "Right, and don't do anything rash if you see Kuro. Even though he's now our enemy you shouldn't just go ahead and confront him." Shin told Kinsei. "Yeah, yeah, I got it. Don't worry, I can control myself." Kinsei reassured Shin. After some walking, Kinsei arrived at the academy and headed to the scheduled meeting room for the exam briefing. Walking inside, Kinsei can see that everybody had arrived except for himself who had just arrived. The first thing Kinsei did was gave a glance at the student exorcists present. Isa was there and he gave Kinsei a smile and a small wave. Kinsei also noticed Minawe, another member of the newly created alliance who have waged war against Kuro. Lastly, Kinsei saw the enemy himself, Kuro, sitting with an innocent smile. Seeing that just pisses Kinsei off but Kinsei knows how to control his anger and so just took his seat without saying a word.

"Very good, all of you are here now. Before I begin the briefing of your next exam, there are two things to announce. First, due to an unexpected and tragic incident, Jenos has been placed in emergency care until further notice, he will be able to resume the BREPT when he is fully healed. As for this exam of BREPT, Jenos will be allowed to take a private exam to replace this exam. Secondly, all of you have now met the final participant in the BREPT, Kuro. The reason why he wasn't at the first meeting is because he was unexpectedly called to assist an A-Rank exorcist in an exorcism of an old lady living in the Kintoki district." Sugito explained. Kotone wanted to spit in Kuro's direction but instead settled for looking pissed as hell as she so casually placed her feet onto the huge table.

"I am very grateful that the board allowed me to participate even when I missed the essential first meeting. I am very sorry for my absence." Kuro apologized. "No need, you have a reason why you couldn't appear at the meeting." Sugito replied. "(What a damn fake...)" Kinsei thought. "Now, for the briefing of the exam itself. As the professors may have mentioned, this exam will be a partner obstacle course, meaning the participants will be working with a partner. However, the partner that will be helping you with this exam will not be human. The partner is the demon that you will be summoning. By now, all students should know how to summon demon partners. Either that or you are an exorcist who already has a demon partner, in that case, you can choose that person as your partner." Sugito explained.

"Guess I have Rikka then." Shota said. "Oh I see... Demon partners... (Crap, I can't summon demons. Guess that means I'll need to borrow Redder from Shin.)" Kinsei thought. "Now, the next thing about this exam is that the obstacle course, in a sense, is a race, meaning there will be a winning team. The winning team have a special advantage in the next exam." Sugito proclaimed.

"-And then we all made a pact to wage war on Loco!" Minawe finished throwing her hands in the air. Rei was in front of her laid out on his bed listening to Minawe explain what happened after she had left the classroom to look for Jenos. "I see....I don't like that Kuro person either but, I don't feel like going out of my way to fight him...Too much trouble." He said rolling over turning his back to Minawe. She glared, "You mean you aren't worried that he might try to attack one of us!? Or that the fact that he hospitilized Jess?!" She didn't get no answer except for silence. He was already asleep. "How does he manages to go to sleep so fast?"

[Next Day]

Minawe and Rei sat in the same spot, with this time Rei actully being awake. They weren't waiting long before Kensei came and they were able to start the meeting. Sugito then explained that due to Jenos' injuries that he would be given a pass on this round and a special exam instead. Minawe glared at the back of Kuro's head. He also explained why Kuro wasn't with them during the manditory meeting. Minawe's first thought was that it was more of Kuro's lies, but she didn't voice her thoughts. Instead focused on the next part of the test. When Sugito explained that it was another partner test and that they would either use their summoned partners, unless they already had a demon partner.

"Looks like we're together aga-Hey!" Minawe said seeing Rei already by the door.

Rei didn't even look back, and gave a two fingered salute, "See ya."

Minawe pouted, "Fine. I wasn't even going to ask you, I was gonna ask Luna."

After Kuro had left Tatsuya's fists clenched tightly. "[i]That bastard...did he really go that far...?[/i]" He looked around him at the now empty hallway and sighed. "I still need to get to Mayumi's room."

-The Next Day-

Tatsuya was already in the room and in his seat when Kinsei walked in. "Finally, we can get moving." Tatsuya didn't care for the two announcements like normal. He just plain didn't care for Jenos and wanted to kick Kuro's ass. As Kuro thanked the board Tatsuya thought to himself, "[i]Go f*ck yourself.[/i]" Tatsuya was relieved to hear that it wasn't one of those people in the room he was paired with. "[i]Thank god I'm not stuck with one of those idiots. I can tolerate Umbra.[/i]" He began to pour some of his soul into his hand.

Tatsuya soon summoned his chosen partner, Umbra, who appeared in his miniature version. Umbra looked around the room to see the student exorcists looking at him, well, at least the ones who haven't seen him before. Shiratori simply kept quiet while looking at Umbra. "(Interesting... The soul of that demon is quite powerful...)" Masanori thought. "(I f*cking hate that ponytail...)" Kotone thought. Umbra then turned to Tatsuya. "Just what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself in now Tatsuya?" Umbra asked. "Oh actually Tatsuya isn't in trouble at all. He's actually a participant in the BREPT, a test consisting of multiple exams which will promote him to become a B-Rank exorcist if he passes. And it just so happens that this particular exam will have the participants using their demon partners or summons and so that's why Tatsuya summoned you." Kuro explained with an energetic disposition.

"Oh I see... That's good news then. Thank you for your reassurance." Umbra told Kuro. "No problem! I don't want Tatsuya to be looking like the bad guy." Kuro replied. "(Damn, the more he talks the more annoyed I get. I really want to bash his face in.)" Kinsei thought as his grip on his Bane of Purgatory suddenly tightened. Kinsei then noticed Isa's expression getting serious. Isa then slightly shook his head to tell Kinsei not to do anything rash. "Humph..." Kinsei scoffed before releasing his tightened grip on his sword. "Ahem... As I was saying..." Sugito began, causing the attention to go back to him. "The winner of this exam will have a special advantage going into the next exam. That special advantage will be announced later. As for when the exam will take place. Hopefully you are all prepare, because the exam will be two days from now." Sugito stated.

"What? Two days from now only?!" Shota asked, surprised at the time window to their next exam. "That does seem to be a pretty short time period..." Masanori added. "As B-Rank exorcists, you should be able to prepare to go from one mission to the next in a short amount of time. Two days is already lenient enough." Sugito stated. "Heh, two days are plenty." Kotone proclaimed confidently. "Yeah, I don't care if the exam's right now. I'll pass either way." Kinsei boasted. "Very well, your enthusiasm will help you surely but this exam will not be a walk in the park. Two days from now, all of you will be meeting at Norvea Grand Station." Sugito stated. "(What?! The station?! Don't tell me we have to-)" Kinsei once again remembered about his motion sickness. "Ahh f*ck..." Kinsei muttered. "Why are we going there?" Isa asked. "You will find out two days from now, but just to warn all of you. You might want to improve your physical capabilities and get plenty of sleep. Meeting dismissed." Sugito stated.

After the meeting, Isa suddenly approached Kinsei and Minawe. "You guys, we need to have a meeting. Kinsei, you should go pick Shin up then come back to the academy and go to room D-7. Me and Minawe will stay here and wait for you guys in the room... [size=2]Where hopefully we can talk about our future together...[/size]" Isa muttered the last part. "Why are we having a meeting for?" Kinsei asked. "We can't explain the details out here especially not with you-know-who nearby." Isa replied, comically pointing towards Kuro who was walking off. "Alright fine, I'll go." Kinsei said before walking off. On Tatsuya's side of things, Umbra has decided something for Tatsuya to do to improve his strengths. "Tatsuya, as you heard from Sugito, you should improve your physical capabilities, and so I believe that we should have a battle in order to strengthen up. How about it?" Umbra asked.

Shiratori suddenly passed Tatsuya without saying a word or even giving Tatsuya a look. Just what exactly did Uyagiri told Tatsuya? Umbra, however, noticed some tension between the two. "Tatsuya, is he an enemy?" Umbra asked. Back to Isa and Minawe, Isa suddenly pulled out a bouquet of flower from seemingly nowhere and presented it to her. "Alright, now before Kinsei gets back I think we should go on a date." Isa said with a smile.

Before he could answer Umbra's question Kuro had spoken. "[i]Bastard...[/i]" He facepalmed after Kuro had finished and Umbra thanked him. "[i]Even you're falling for the act.[/i] Wait, you thought I was in trouble? What's that supposed to mean?!" Before he could get a reply Sugito began to talk again. "I would have been fine if the test started yesterday." Soon they were all dismissed and everybody began to do whatever.

Shiratori had passed by Tatsuya without a word. Umbra began to question him whether he was an enemy or not. "Yeah. The guy tried to kill me three times. First and third time he almost got me. He did some pretty cheap shots though. The second time I kicked his ass but his friend saved it." He glanced at Kuro who was just leaving. "I don't like that guy either. The nice guy thing is just an act. Really, most people here at the moment are enemies but those two are the most notable douchebags at the moment." He stood up and began to walk out. "As to the fight let's go somewhere with a bit more space. And so we won't destroy everything. I don't want to miss lunch for a month."

Minawe poured her soul into her right hand and summoned Lumi smiling at him. "Hey guess what! You're my partner for my next BREPT test!" She exclaimed hugging him but not as hard as her first meeting. Isa then came over to her saying that they should have a meeting to talk about Kuro. Suddenly, Isa turned to Minawe offerng her a bouquet of flowers.

Minawe took the flowers and smiled. "Thank-Thank-Tha-AACHHOOO!!" Minawe sneezed blowing all of the petles off of the flowers only leaving the stems. "S-sorry." She said apologetically handing him back he ruined flowers. "As for the date...Um....Maybe some other time."

Hearing what Tatsuya had said about Shiratori and Kuro, Umbra was surprised. "I see... That quiet one that just passed by, he tried to kill you three times already? And what's more is the seemingly friendly one is just putting on an act? It felt sincere at first, but you don't have any reason to lie nor do you ever do so that means he played me like a fool..." Umbra stated. Umbra then clenched his fists. "Very well, he is now my enemy as well." Umbra proclaimed. Umbra then listened to Tatsuya replying about the sparring match that Umbra had suggested to which Umbra agreed with Tatsuya's decision. "Yes I agree. Do you have a place in mind? I'm not familiar with this academy and so I have no place suggestions except Abaddon, but I'm sure you know a good place to train." Umbra said.

[Flashback]

[i]"Well now Tatsuya, you're getting pretty powerful aren't you? You even managed to destroy half of this training field. I'm thinking that we need to use a sturdier place. How about... the Underground Verse Field?" a younger Uyagiri told his apprentice, Tatsuya.

"Underground Verse Field? The hell is that?" Tatsuya asked.

"The Underground Verse Field is a private underground training field supported by an incredibly powerful verse. That verse can automatically repair any destroyed objects in that field and so you can use as much power as you want without having to care about the battlefield itself. It's only reserved for A-Ranks but," Uyagiri then handed Tatsuya a small cross-shaped key, "with this, you can freely go in there and train. Aren't you lucky to be having me as a mentor?" Uyagiri asked before laughing.[/i]

[End Flashback]

Hearing Minawe's news that he is Minawe's partner for the BREPT, Lumi felt pretty important. "Heh, so my abilities is finally being recognized ehh? Don't worry Minawe, I'll help you win that exam!" Lumi stated. "(Huh, so she finally learned how to hug me. Good, and I thought I would have to give her another shock. You know, I'm actually starting to like her...)" Lumi thought to himself while being hugged. Later, when Minawe accepted the flowers, she suddenly sneezed, blowing all of the petals off and some hit Isa right in the face. Next, Minawe also refused his date proposition once again, causing Isa to fall to the ground. "Another attempt at getting a shot at Minawe... backfired..." Isa muttered with tears comically flowing down his eyes. Isa then stood up, looking normal again. "Don't worry Minawe, I'm not giving up!" Isa stated confidently.

"Well then, since Kinsei is going to get Shin. How about we go check in on our good friend Jenos to see if he has awoke yet?" Isa suggested. "Oh yeah, Jenos is that kid from yesterday right?" Lumi asked. "Yep, he was the one who was injured by that bastard Kuro. We should go check on his condition." Isa suggested once again and before getting an answer, Isa just suddenly went off, expecting Minawe to follow. "Well, he sure is firm about what he wants to do." Lumi said, referring to Isa.

-Meanwhile-

Once Kinsei had arrived back at the house, he noticed that the door was locked. "Huh? Shin open up!" Kinsei shouted. After awhile, there was no answer. "Damn, could he have gone out?" Kinsei asked before taking his keys and opening up the door. Walking inside, Kinsei noticed Shin wasn't home, "Well then, guess he must've gone out. Whatever, guess I'll just go back to see what Isa wants." Kinsei said before leaving. As he left and closed the door however, a familiar voice came up from behind him. "Oh Kinsei, it's you." the voice said. "So you just came home huh Shin-" Kinsei said as he turned around to face Shin. What Kinsei saw next made his eyes widened with surprise. It was Kuro standing next to Shin with his signature smirk on his face. "[b]Good to see you Kinsei...[/b]" Kuro said.

[center][b][i]The enemy makes the first move![/i][/b][/center]

Minawe held onto Lumi as he made his statement about Isa. Minawe nodded, "Yeah I agree, but it suits him well." She said laughing a bit, before following him to Jenos' room. While walking Minawe looked down at Lumi, "I hope you're ready for the test. I'll be counting on you a lot. My power alone isn't really that extrodinary. In fact the most I can do on my own is charge my chakrums to give them a bit more destructive force. It's because of the teamwork Rei and I have that I appear to be so strong." She quieted down a bit as what appeared to be a sad smile came to her face. "To be honest if it wasn't for Rei I wouldn't have even got this far. I can only use lightening because of our contract, and I'm only strong during our possession. Just by myself I'm a clumsy idiot who just seems to always get in the way. My parents are right....I am useless..." She said now talking to herself.

Tatsuya stopped right in front of the door and put his hands in his pocket after Umbra asked him if he knew a good place to train. A smirk formed on his face. After some of the others had left Tatsuya took one of his hands out of his pocket and with it took out a cross shaped key. "I've been at this school for six years. Of course I know a place to train. Well, more like I know a place to go wild." He closed the door and put the key into the lock. After twisting it he took the key right back out and into his pocket. "You coming?" Tatuya opened the door and walked in.

Opening the door with the special cross-shaped key, Umbra was presented with a spectacular sight. "A-Amazing... This academy has this place locked underground...?!" Umbra asked with awe in his voice. With the door opened, a staircase leading down to an incredible expanse of land. "How is this even possible?" Umbra asked as he slowly stepped down the stairs and looked around in amazement. The land was far and wide, it seemed as if you're stepping onto a second Terrene. Finally reaching the floor, or to be exact the ground, Umbra walked forward a while, still amaze to see such a massive place being held underground. Finally snapping out his amazed state of mind, Umbra turn to face Tatsuya. "Very well, this will make an amazing battlefield, but just to let you know, I won't be holding back then." Umbra stated before he drew his sword and pointed it at Tatsuya from a distance. "You haven't been the only person who's gotten stronger." Umbra proclaimed. After saying that, Umbra's soul began to surge as pitch black soul energy burst into the air from Umbra himself. The blue flames on the tips of Umbra's scarf then suddenly became more violent and their color changed from blue to black.

-Meanwhile-

Hearing Minawe doubting herself, Lumi crossed his tiny arms and pouted in annoyance. "(Jeez, why is she being such a downer?)" Lumi asked himself. Then, when Minawe said that her parents were right and she is useless, Lumi finally heard enough and delivered a powerful shock to her. Hearing the loud noise, Isa turned back with widened eyes to see Minawe being shocked by Lumi. After the shock, Lumi jumped on top of Minawe's head and started hitting her upon her head, but for Lumi's soft, petite paws, it was more like gentle tapping than hitting. "Would you stop doubting yourself already?! Who cares what your parents say?! You're not useless! If you were than would you have been able to summon a powerful demon like me?! You have more strength than you know it, you just need to believe that you have that strength!" Lumi scolded. "Lumi's right... Minawe, you have strength. You're a participant in BREPT! Without you, we won't be able to defeat Kuro! So yell out your frustrations and take in some confidence!" Isa exclaimed.

-Meanwhile-

Seeing Shin standing next to his enemy, Kuro, was very confusing to Kinsei. Just why is Shin and Kuro together? Doesn't Shin realize that Kuro is an enemy? Clenching his fists, Kinsei began to talk. "Shin, why are you standing beside that a**hole? And what the hell are you doing here?" Kinsei asked. "Kinsei, Kinsei, there's no need to get so riled up. I'm not your enemy, Shin knows this." Kuro replied. "What...?" Kinsei asked. "Kinsei, after talking with Kuro, I finally realized that he is a good person. He's not our enemy." Shin told Kinsei who couldn't believe what he is hearing. "Are you f*cking nuts...? This a**hole is the one who put Jenos in the hospital bed!" Kinsei shouted angrily. Shin then shook his head. "No Kinsei, Kuro would never do such a thing. You have him misunderstood this whole time. We need to sort things out. Come on, let's first find Minawe and Isa and sort things out." Shin suggested.

"What the hell...? What has this prick been feeding you that's twisted up your mind so badly that you can't distinguished an ally with an enemy?!" Kinsei asked, grabbing Shin by the collar. "Whoa now, easy there Kinsei. You shouldn't treat your cousin like that." Kuro said as he grabbed Kinsei's hand and tossed it away from Shin's collar. "Kinsei, what's gotten in to you? Why won't you listen to reason? You're just letting your pride get the better of you." Shin stated. "What the f*ck are you talking about-" Kinsei was then interrupted by Shin. "You know what I'm talking about. You're just angry at Kuro because he completed the first test before you, and that makes you feel inferior to him. And being you, feeling inferior is definitely something you cannot live with and that's why you hate-" Before Shin could finish his sentence, Kinsei interrupted with a hard punch to Shin's face, knocking him back and onto the ground.

"GET A F*CKING GRIP ON REALITY WOULD YOU???!!!" Kinsei shouted. "W-What's the matter with you?! You just can't face the truth can you?!" Shin asked. Ignoring Shin, Kinsei then turned and grabbed Kuro by his collar. "What the f*ck have you done with Shin you spineless bastard?!" Kinsei asked. Kuro did not answer but simply gave the same smile to Kinsei. "That same f*cking smug grin again?!" Kinsei asked.

Minawe screamed from the unexpected electrical shock and fell onto her back. Lumi then jumped onto her face and began hitting - in his definition anyway - her face repeatedly as he scolded her for doubting herself. Minawe just sighed and stared up at the ceiling. "I don't know...Everyone else just seems to deserve it so much more than I do, even Shami...." She reached up and removed Lumi from her face, causing him to stop tapping her on the face, and sat up. "But...I guess you two have some good points...I did manage to get accepted into the BREPT....And I did summon one awesome little demon partner."

Minawe stated with a smile and stood up, "I guess I am getting stronger, just not in simply brute strength like Teriyama, but in other ways. Hehe, not being happy really doesn't suit me well. I don't really know where that came from, but I'm much better now." To show it she grinned and gave a peace sign. "Now let's go check up on Jess! Lead the way Aruki!"

Tatsuya shrugged after Umbra asked how this was possible and he followed him down the stairs. "The key is special. I'm not sure about the technical stuff but I believe some doors have special keys that you can be anywhere and as long as you have the key and use the key on a door nearby you can enter the place the key is for." Tatsuya grinned as Umbra said he wasn't the only one who had gotten stronger. "It'd be boring otherwise." As Umbra took out his swords he took out his. Suddenly black energy burst out of Umbra's soul and into the air. "What the hell?"

"Well don't look so surprise Tatsuya." Umbra said as he grew into his full-size form. Umbra then turned around and took a couple of steps away from from Tatsuya. "You are going to need to get as strong as possible. Now that you told me the other two people are our enemies, I can tell you that their soul is powerful, though that other guy... The one who fooled me with his act, there is something strange about his soul that I can't seem to put my finger on it. I can't describe it but it feels almost familiar in a sense." Umbra stated before he stopped walking back. Umbra once again turned around to face Tatsuya. "That guy is trouble, even more so than the one who tried to kill you. And so we must use this time to train and get stronger, strong enough to defeat those two." Umbra stated before talking a battle stance. Suddenly, another katana, made completely out of black soul energy, materialized in Umbra's free hand in a manner similar to gathering smoke.

"Tatsuya, I'm aware that your skills are quite good with the use of two swords. And so I too, will be utilizing two swords for this match. Just to warn you, I won't give you time to even breathe..." Umbra stated. Suddenly, Umbra disappeared in a flash of darkness, accompanied by a booming noise. Then, Umbra reappeared above Tatsuya, plunging towards him. Without speaking, Umbra began rapidly slashing at Tatsuya while descending, with each slash, small black blades of energy shot out towards Tatsuya in rapid succession. Umbra once again disappeared, and this time reappeared in front of Tatsuya. As he promised, Umbra didn't even give Tatsuya a chance to rest as he then performed an x-shaped slash with his swords, releasing a sharp, powerful, and fast x-shaped black energy towards Tatsuya while the the black blades were still raining down upon Tatsuya.

-Meanwhile-

Lumi smiled seeing Hotaru becoming happy again. Isa did as well. "Right! Let's go!" both Isa and Lumi said in unison when Minawe said to go check on Jenos. The trio then began walking once again to the medical wing. After awhile of walking, the three arrived and Isa approached a male nurse to ask about Jenos. "Excuse me, do you know where we can find Jenos Ragna?" Isa asked. "Jenos Ragna huh? Let me check." the male nurse responded before typing a few things on a computer. After a moment, the nurse had the location of Jenos. "Ah Jenos Ragna. He's in room MU-6, just a little bit down the hall." the nurse told Isa. "Thanks." Isa said before the three walked off towards Jenos' room. "Hope Jenos is okay. I also hope he's awake so we can ask about that Kuro bastard." Isa said as they arrived at the room. Walking in, the three noticed the bed was empty.

"What the-" Isa uttered. "Jenos isn't here!" Lumi said. Suddenly, a female nurse passed by and saw the three standing there. "Umm excuse me. Can I help you two?" the nurse asked Isa and Minawe. "Yeah we're looking for our friend. His name is Jenos and he's suppose to be in this room." Isa replied. "Oh you mean that sweet boy who loves to play computer games. He's on the roof of the building. He said he needed some air." the nurse stated. "He's awake?!" Isa asked. "Yes. We tried to tell him that it was too early for him to be moving about but he told us that he was feeling even better than ever." the nurse explained. "Right, thanks!" Isa said before running off towards the stairs that would lead to the roof. "Minawe, let's go!" Lumi exclaimed. "(I wonder if something's wrong?)" the nurse thought as she watched the two ran off towards the stairs.

"This is great! Jenos is finally awake! Now with his help, we can reveal that Kuro bastard to be the person he really is which is a lying bastard!" Isa exclaimed excitingly. Finally, the metal doors leading to roof can be seen, and Isa excitedly pushed the door open and ran through. In the distance is the figure of a young man wearing patient's clothes. That young man is none other than Jenos, looking out into the distance. "Hey Jenos! You're awake!" Isa shouted happily. "Hmm..." Jenos turned around, seeing Isa, and then a little bit later, seeing the arrival of Minawe with Lumi on her head. "Oh, it's you guys. What're you doing here?" Jenos asked with a pleasant smirk. "Well, we're the ones who helped you to the medical wing so it's only right that we would check on you. I'm glad that you're alright Jenos." Isa stated.

"Of course. In fact, I'm feeling stronger than ever. I can feel power rushing through every part of my body. It's amazing." Jenos stated. "Really? Man, these medical guys really fixed you up good didn't they?" Isa asked with a big grin. "You're wrong..." Jenos replied. "Huh? What do you mean?" Isa's grin disappeared, replaced with slight confusion. "It wasn't the medical people that made me stronger... It was-" Jenos began.

-Meanwhile-

"Answer me dammit! what did you do to Shin?!" Kinsei fiercely demanded once again to know just what Kuro did to Shin for him to act this way. And once again, Kuro simply replied with his smile. "That's it f*cker, I had enough of YOUR DAMN SMILE!!!" Kinsei shouted before launching a fist towards Kuro. The next thing that happened surprised Kinsei greatly. As Kinsei's eyes gradually widened with shock, it was revealed that Shin caught Kinsei's fist with one hand and with relative ease as well. "S-Shin...?" Kinsei muttered. "That's enough Kinsei... YOU'RE GOING WAY TOO FAR!" Shin suddenly yelled before pushing Kinsei back a good ten feet using only one hand. As Kinsei came to a screeching halt, Kinsei continued to stare at Shin with widened eyes. "H-How in the world did you do that...?" Kinsei asked. Kuro stood there without saying a thing and obviously, he continued to flaunt his enigmatic smile full of evil intentions.

"I don't know myself, but this power running through my veins is amazing. It's unbelievable. With this power, I can protect my good friend Kuro from the likes of you Kinsei." Shin replied. "So you really are behind this whole mess Kuro... I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" Kinsei shouted. "STOP KINSEI!" Shin shouted, much to Kinsei's surprise. "Why are you acting like this...? Don't let that pride of yours overtake you. If you do, then I have no other choice..." Shin stated. "What do you mean?" Kinsei asked. "I'll have to use it..." Shin warned. "What is 'it'?" Kinsei asked. "It is-" Shin began.

Shin and Jenos: "[b]the power of 'Messorem'...![/b]"

[center][b][i]The blackness plated in white armor once again falls upon Terrene... The battle against Shin and Jenos begins![/i][/b][/center]

Archived