Blood Blue Kuro no Ōji [ IC / Started / Not Accepting ]

.:Blu:.

Minawe watched Isa intently while he seemed to fight with hisself on whether to agree with her words or go against them. For a few seconds Minawe thought he would decline the offer all together, but when he finally wrapped his pinky with hers, a wide smile found her face. "I'm sure you will Aruki, and I promise to do my best to give you a good fight as well. I'll be looking forward to our match!" Minawe was glad that he chose to fight with everything he had. She knew that it would be even that harder to win, especially with Isa being the 3rd strongest person in Class-A. Minawe disconnected their pinkies, and Isa called her name before acting strange. He seemed a bit nervous. "Are you ok Aruki?"

Rei stood off to the side rolling his eyes. '[i]Why am I still here...'[/i]

After a long pause from Isa he finally made Minawe promise that she would some day become an A-Rank exorsist. Minawe had a feeling that, that wasn't what Isa wanted to say but it was forgotten as quickly as she thought it. "Of course! It's my dream to become an A-Rank exorsist. Just watch, before you know it I'll be the strongest exorsist here." She said smiling happily.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soon after they were told they could leave and before Tatsuya could he was approached by Kinsei and Kotone. Immediatly Kinsei teased him about his nosebleed. "[i]F*ck. He noticed.[/i]" Before he could get a comeback in Kinsei left. "I guess the other prideful idiot is him. left before I could get a word in." Kinsei had turned around though. He didn't seem to have heard what he said. He just told them not to lose so he could beat them later. "If anybody is going to have a problem in their fight it'll be you." Kinsei had left and Kotone quickly insulted Tatsuya himself. "I'm weak as sh*t? What the hell does that make you? You're far weaker than me after all. And what hell do you mean bluffs? You want to get slaughtered, b*tch?"

Uyagiri walked over to the two and luckily before the two ended up destroying the school. Uyagiri then told the two about their opponents. "So he's the strongest in A-class, eh? Well can he handle the strongest exorcist in C-class?" He had a large grin on his face as if he seemed almost sure of his victory. Theough the grin soon dissappeared with Kotone's insult. "Your style is just as over the top as mine. They just must be thinking that since I'm better than you that I should get the harder thing to do. And like you can f*cking fly. One good hit to knock you off and you're screwed. And I'm sure that wimp can muster up enough to kick your wimpy fat ass."

Uyagiri soon dropped a bomb on them. He told them they were going to train with them. "Oh awesome. I get to spend time wth you, the old fart, and the b*tchy tranny next to me. This will be loads of fun." The insults were the only things that weren't sarcastic.

[center][size=5][b]CHAPTER 26: THIRD PART 2 - ROARING LONELINESS[/b][/size][/center]

[spoiler=Chapter 26 Synopsis]After the BREPT battle exams meeting, the participants have been hard at work training for their upcoming battles with Tatsuya and Kotone receiving special training from Uyagiri. Six days have finally gone by and while the other participants are still training for their exams, Minawe and Rei now faces Isa in the first battle exam. However, Isa still appears to be reluctant to use his true strength. Meanwhile, Tatsuya's and Kotone's training intensifies.[/spoiler]

"'Wimpy fat ass'??? You wanna get gutted you annoying little prick-" Before the argument between Tatsuya and Kotone could escalate, Uyagiri once again stepped in. "Alright then, it's settled. You two will now get some proper training to prepare. It's obvious that putting you two together in one place would be a stupid mistake so better yet I'm going to have to isolate you two during your training." Uyagiri proclaimed. Uyagiri then turned to face Tatsuya as he pushed his glasses up with two fingers. "Oh and Tatsuya," Uyagiri paused as he then proceeded to give a quick smack to Tatsuya's head, "respect your teacher." Uyagiri finished. Seeing Tatsuya getting smacked, Kotone began laughing and pointing a finger at Tatsuya. "Hahaha, you little prick! That's what you get-" Just as Kotone finished saying that, she was also smacked on the head by Uyagiri. "Don't be rude..." Uyagiri said. "Y-You pompous ass..." Kotone said as she placed her hands on her head. "Now without any further delays, meet me at the special underground training field at five. Until then, ciao." Uyagiri said before leaving.

Kotone then looked at Tatsuya. "You little sh*t..." Kotone insulted with an annoyed expression before leaving as well.

With that, the participants of BREPT spent the next six days working away. For Tatsuya and Kotone, their training was monitored separately with Uyagiri training Tatsuya on his soul energy release control and Kotone was being trained maneuverability. Finally, six days passed and the first battle between Minawe and Isa is nearing its beginning.

[Six Days Later]

It was early dawn and the sun had just risen not so long ago. In his dorm, Isa was lying on his bed and looking up at the ceiling. "Well, today's the day... Me against Minawe and Rei, and Minawe wanted me to go full power..." Isa said to himself as he continued to look up at the ceiling. Suddenly, Isa lifted his arm up towards the ceiling with his hand fully extended. Then, Isa suddenly closed his hand into a fist, clenching tightly. "Even though I promised... I don't think I can actually go through with it... *Sigh* This afternoon, I'll have to make a decision..." Isa said. Later in exorcism class, Isa sat there quietly as Shiyo was teaching. This was a rather odd sight to the students of Class-A as Isa was usually fully involve in the interactive teaching style of that Shiyo uses. However, Isa just seemed out of it. As Isa continued to be fixated on the situation he's facing, looking down at his hands, Shiyo suddenly began to announce to the class about Isa's upcoming battle and to cheer him on.

"So class, as we all know, today's BREPT exam battle with feature our own wonderful Isa! Let's all cheer Isa on and hope that he'll win okay class? Go Isa, go Isa, go Isa!" Shiyo began chanting energetically followed by most of the class. Isa is a pretty well-liked student in Class-A as he is always helping others, and so it was natural for the other students of Class-A to root for him. Hearing the chant, Isa suddenly snapped out of his thoughts and looked around the class in surprise. "Hey Isa, hope you'll win today!" one female student cheered. "Of course Isa'll win, he's the toughest guy I know!" another female, tomboyish student proclaimed with a wide grin. Hearing all of these encouragements made Isa a bit embarrassed and he gave a slight smirk in return. "Thanks guys... I'll try..." Isa responded. Hearing Isa's unusual response, Shiyo then walked over to his desk and stood in front of him. Shiyo then proceeded to firmly gripped her hands onto Isa's shoulders while bending down, causing her plus-sized bust to bounce a little. This caused Isa to blush furiously, though Shiyo's expression seemed rather serious.

"P-P-Prof. Sakihara...!" Isa stuttered, not knowing what to say. Suddenly, Shiyo pulled Isa towards her, delivering a smothering hug, mostly due to her breasts. This caused Isa to go completely red. "*Muffled speech*" Isa attempted to talk but found himself unable to. "Isa, if you're feeling depressed about something, you can always tell me and your classmates. We're like a family here so you can tell us anything and we'll help you in any way we can." Shiyo said, in a warm, motherly tone. Shiyo then let go of Isa who started to pant as soon as she let go of him. "So, Isa, is there something you want to tell us?" Shiyo asked. After Isa stopped panting, Isa became depressed once again, but this time his depressed mood was more subtly noticed. "N-No, there isn't anything wrong. Or maybe, I guess I'm just uncertain about fighting against Minawe..." Isa admitted. "Minawe, the girl from Class-C yes? She seems really wonderful and I'm so excited to see what she can do. She must be powerful though if you have doubts about fighting her. She's also pretty cut, no wonder you like her." Shiyo teased to which Isa suddenly took an embarrassed and defensive position.

"W-W-Who told you that I like her???" Isa asked with a full-on blush. "Hehe, your expression just now told me silly." Shiyo replied with a giggle. "Isa," Shiyo said, her voice changing to become a bit more serious yet still retain a strong sense of gentleness, "I know that you don't want to use your powers because you are afraid something bad might happen, but you need to believe that Minawe is strong enough to be okay. I want you to do your best, and that's an order from your professor." Shiyo finished, still with a gentle tone. Isa didn't respond initially but once he looked up he saw Masanori giving a single nod, encouraging Isa to do his best. Looking over to Shiratori, Isa saw the same thing. Isa then looked back to Shiyo and her pleasant smile. "I'll do my best." Isa said, returning the smile. "That's more like the Isa this class knows and loves! Alright class, let's get back to learning about Advance Exorcism Methods!" Shiyo cheerily said as she walked back to the front of the class.

"Isa." Masanori suddenly called. Isa then turned to Masanori after being called. "What is it Masanori?" Isa asked. "I know that power of yours has brought you many sorrowful moments, but if you want to prevent further sadness, you just have to learn how to control that power of yours. And the only way to do that is to not be afraid to use them." Masanori explained. Hearing that, Isa's head suddenly lowered. "Yeah, I know..." Isa responded, his voice still seeming a bit depressed. "Do you remember what I told you when we first fought?" Masanori asked. "Yeah, you said 'You're too reckless. You will never win against me if you don't stop to think about the situation.'" Isa quoted, prompting Masanori to gave a slight smirk. "So you remember the negative thing I told you. I also said that, 'But even so, you have enough strength to control that which you thought was uncontrollable.'" Masanori quoted.

"Isa, you may doubt yourself but out of all the student exorcists here, you're quite possibly the only person who can control the power you were given. So don't be afraid of what you think you can't control, use it and control it with your reckless strength." Masanori said. Hearing that, Isa smiled. "Thanks... Masanori..." Isa whispered.

-Meanwhile-

A stream of confetti suddenly burst into the air as the sounds of clapping and excitement swept the classroom of Prof. Uyagiri. "Good luck Minawe and Rei! I know you guys will win the battle for Class-C! I have complete faith in you two, after all, you are my students hahahaha!" Uyagiri exclaimed cheerfully, though that last part seemed to be Uyagiri patting himself on the back for being such an accomplished teacher. Class-C was doing all but work. It was Uyagiri's idea to have a party in honor of Minawe and Rei bringing home the victory for Class-C, even though they haven't even fought yet. "Umm, Prof. Uyagiri, while this party is great and all, shouldn't we be learning?" a male student asked, worried that any higher ranking faculty member might waltz in to see the class goofing off instead of working. "Nonsense Shin, this is a special occasion that must be celebrated. After all, Minawe has worked hard and I know she'll win, so this is the pre-party to celebrate her victory!" Uyagiri said before popping a bottle of champagne. "Sounds more like an excuse to be a lazy ass..." Kinsei commented with a comical sweat drop on his head.

Ahem, Prof. Uyagiri, while I don't mind having a party this time around, hopefully you don't have plans to throw a party for every other Class-C student that is participating..." Tsukihana said. "Hehe, of course not. It's not like I wanna be a lazy bum and don't teach you guys anything." Uyagiri said with comical nervousness as he placed his left hand on the back on his head. "And I'm hoping you're not intending to be drunk when examining the battle..." Tsukihana added, referring to the champagne that Uyagiri opened. "Huh? Oh this, well, I'll just have a sip." Uyagiri stated.

"Minawe, I want to wish you and Rei the best of luck in your battle. Me and this little twerp will be rooting for you on the sidelines." Rikka said with a calm smile. "Hehe, yep, Rikka and- W-Wait, little twerp?! Arrg, you icy hag, what did you call me-" Right after Shota asked what Rikka had called him, Rikka proceeded to freeze Shota by touching his forehead. "I-I wish you good luck to Minawe..." Jenos shyly said. "As do I." Tsukihana added with a pleasant smile. "..." Kinsei merely kept quiet, looking annoyed. Uyagiri then approached Tatsuya. "So Tatsuya, I know I'm gonna be busy with being the examiner and all but I still want you and Kotone to go to the training place and continue your respective training. It might seem boring but trust me, it'll help you learn to control your powers one hundred and fifty percent better." Uyagiri proclaimed.

[Later At 2:49 PM]

The time for the battle was drawing near. Isa had already arrived at the underground battle facility and was sitting within the male prep room, awaiting for his name to be announced when it was time for the battle to begin. Sitting on the bench, Isa was looking at an old, burned photo, though it was not shown what was on the photo. "..." Isa sat quietly, continuing to gaze deeply at the photo with his mind in deep thought. Outside, the participants who wanted to watch the battle had already arrived. The facility seemed very similar to a coliseum as surrounding the battle field is a large, circular platform adorned with seats carved from the stone platform itself. On the wall of the platform, closer to the battle field, are many circular windows emitting sunlight-mimicking light and various carvings of holy text carved from the stone platform itself. The letters on the stone text has a bright, jade green glow to them meaning the setting-changing Verse was active, transforming the usual barren field into a grassland-like setting. The expanse of the field was large enough to provide maximal maneuverability for the participants.

On the stands, Shota and Rikka were sitting, awaiting for the time to begin the battle. "I hope Minawe's not too nervous. Knowing her, she'll probably win by tripping and accidentally launching her shoes straight into Isa's face, knocking him out hahaha!" Shota laughed boisterously at Minawe's clumsy tendencies. Though his good time didn't last long as he was smacked on the head by a mallet created from ice. "Oof!" Shota grunted as he was knocked half unconscious by Rikka. Close by, Jenos sat alone and a couple of seats up was Kuro who had comically brought binoculars as if to show that he has bad eyesight. Funnily, Kuro also brought popcorn and soda as well as two individual flags painted colorfully with Minawe's and Isa's names on each of them. Further down the stands are Masanori and Shiratori who sat quietly. Surprisingly, Kinsei also came and sat down near the exit. "Jeez, the better provide me with a good show..." Kinsei said.

On a platform that extended forward from the platform containing all the seats, there is an examiners' table with three chairs. All three were already filled by from right to left by Tsukihana, Shiyo, and Uyagiri in that order. Each examiner had a clipboard with paper and a pen in front of them in order to take notes which will add into their final decision in the end of who will be promoted to a B-Rank exorcist.

Within the male prep room, Isa continued to sat there looking at the photo in his hand. Suddenly, the hand struck five and a single church bell chime rang out throughout the entire facility, including the male and female prep rooms. Hearing that, Isa snapped out of his state of deep thought knowing that it is time for his battle against Minawe and Rei to take its course. Standing up and looking towards the exit of the prep room, Isa still held the photo in his hand. After a moment, he placed the photo back into his right pocket, giving no more thought to it.

Back outside at the examiners' table, Uyagiri picked up his microphone in order to proceed with the introduction of the battle participants. "Alright, time to begin-" Right after Uyagiri had said that, Shiyo energetically stood up and looked at Uyagiri with a sweet smile. "Uyagiri-senpai, can I have the honors of announcing the participants' names pretty please???" Shiyo asked in a kiddish manner. "Oh very well then. As a gentleman of class such as myself, I cannot say no to a beautiful young lady." Uyagiri said before humbly handing the microphone to Shiyo. Hearing Uyagiri's response, Tsukihana wanted to facepalm himself, but resisted the urge to. "Oh brother..." Tsukihana mumbled. Seeing the microphone being handed to her, Shiyo excitedly jumped up and down, her large breasts bouncing along with her. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Shiyo excitedly said before taking the microphone from the blushing Uyagiri who happened to be staring at Shiyo's breasts.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the audience! It is my pleasure to welcome you to the first battle in the series of BREPT battle exams! Now, introducing from Class-A, C-Ranked Exorcist Atsushi Fukunuma!" Shiyo introduced. Then, appearing from the male prep room on the right side of the field was Isa, who had a serious look on his face. "(So now it begins...)" Isa thought to himself, looking focused. "And introducing from Class-C, D-Ranked Exorcist Minawe Kanoyu, accompanied by her demon partner, C-Ranked Exorcist Rei!" Shiyo introduced. "Yahoo! Go Minawe!" Shota cheered from the sidelines. "You can do it Minawe!" Rikka cheered as well.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#5a5a5a]A dark, dense black cloud swirled overhead in the training room, and lightening could be see curving about the clouds. Everything in the area hummed with a faint cackle of lightening. Standing at the center of this storm was Minawe and Rei in their possessed form. She stood very still with one hand in the air, sweat rolling down her face which was set in fierce concentration. The lightning flashes became larger and appeared with more frequency, but before anything could happen their possession link broke, with Minawe falling forward and Rei still standing in the previous spot. The clouds vanished, and the training room regained some light. Minawe stayed on the ground on all fours, her appearance disheveled. "I-i....Almost had it...Th-that time..." She whispered her arms shaking from the here strain of holding herself up. "Almost...." The next moment she fell forward, having passed out.

Rei, quite tired himself, sat beside Minawe's unconscious body. The attack they were working on was probably well beyond Minawe's current abilities, and truth be told, Rei didn't believe she would master it in time for their match with Isa. But he didn't tell her that, and instead allowed her to try her hardest at learning the technique. Even if she didn't learn it, the efforts into learning that ability would surly help her other attacks become more deadly. Rei fell onto his back, arms behind his head and closed his eyes. It was quite comfortable here....

~[6 Days later]

A stream of confetti floated onto the ground as Prof Uyagiri wished them a very energetic good luck. Instead of actually having class, he threw a pre-congratulatory party for both Minawe and Rei in honor of their match today with Isa. Minawe smiled, "Yeah! There is no way I'm going to lose this match! I'll definitely bring home a win for Class-C!" More cheering went around, and while Minawe was all for the party, Rei was once again in the back of the room. This time, however, he wasn't asleep and instead looking out of the window with a thoughtful expression. Shin was the one who spoke up saying that should they be learning, to which Uyagiri replied that Minawe and Rei's upcoming win was a cause for celebration. Tsukihana then stepped in saying that this better not have been an excuse to be lazy and not teach. Minawe giggled, "Typical Prof. Onigiri." Rikka, and the others - minus Kensei who just appeared annoyed - wished her luck in her fight later. Minawe thanked them with a happy smile, but she knew that in order to win against Isa she was going to need more than her abundance of luck.

[Later]

"Gahh!! I'm so ready for this!!" Minawe exclaimed steam blowing from her nose and a determined look on her face. Her and Rei sat in the female prep room - much to Rei's annoyance but was dragged in there by Minawe - waiting for their names to be called to begin the battle. "Aruki isn't going to know what hit when we hit with our Super Mega Ultra Secret Combo Attack!!"

Rei sighed, "We don't have an attack with that name, and if we did I would commit Seppuku."

Minawe waved Rei off saying, "Don't be such a drama queen, I'm only teasing...To be honest....I'm a bit worried. I-" The hand on the clock stuck 5, signaling a large church bell to go off. Minawe stood still for a few minutes before turning to Rei with a grin and a thumbs-up, "You ready to win this thing?" There was a brief pause of silence, until Rei smirked and stood up walking up until he was beside Minawe, "You bet." The two of them walked onto the field on the left side once they heard their names being called. Unlike Isa, Minawe looked at the large stadium in awe and waving enthusiastically at everyone. While doing so she tripped falling face first, giving everyone who was behind her a clear view of her underwear.

Rei looked back at his partner a large sweat drop on his head, "That idiot..."

Minawe quickly stood up scratching the back of her head, and laughing nervously, "I'm ok!" [/color][/size][/font]

After being hit on the top of his head Tatsuya placed his own hands on his hand. "Motherfu..." He cut his sentence short realizing that'd probably only end up giving Uyagiri perverted thoughts. He snickered when Kotone was hit herself. "Thank god I get to be away from her. Kotone would only manage to hold me back." Uyagiri, after giving them instructions for later, left and soon after him so did Kotone. Of course she insulted him first which left Tatsuya giving her the middle finger as she walked away. "I should probably study a bit. It'll be my last chance for a while."

-6 Days Later-

"You've got to be kidding me..." Was what Tatsuya mumbled to himself as confetti fell to the ground. "For once I agree with those bastards. You're just trying to get out of work again." Tatsuya didn't bother to wish Minawe good luck when the others were. Not because he didn't care but because he knew she already had all the luck she needed and more. Soon Uyagiri had walked up to him and told him he should train instead of going to the fight. "I was already planning on doing that, dumbass. You really think I wanted to watch Minawe's fight with that one creeper anyway?"

-Later-

Tatsuya was just just finishing releasing a barrage of punches at a training dummy before jumping back. "Geez. It's hard to work on energy control when you're so limited on it...to get sopme training I have to go without my swords for a bit and only use them for quick things." He looked at a clock on the wall. "So I've been training for that long, huh?" A second glance at the clock Tatsuya remembered something. "Minawe's fight is about to start. What a boring fight. It's already obvious who the victor is going to be. Minawe of course."

Tatsuya shook his head. "Wait, why the hell am I thinking about it?" He pulled out his two swords out of his jacket. "Let's try this again." The swords turned on and he jumped at the dummy spinning and slashing at it as he did so. He landed a few feet behind the dummy and looked back. "Wooh. Not a cut on it. I'm getting better at control." A second after he said that the dummy fell into chunks of pieces. "Or not."

With Minawe and Rei walking out onto the field, Isa stood firm as he awaited for Minawe and Rei to stop. However, instead of walking to a halt, Minawe suddenly tripped and fell face first. Not only that, what followed after was a panty flash from Minawe, allowing all of the audience sitting behind Minawe's position on the field to see her panties. Kinsei, however, was the only person who sat near the exit which was behind Minawe's position on the battle field. Seeing that, Kinsei quickly held his nose and looked to left, his face red with blush the entire time. "T-That damn girl..." Kinsei mumbled through his hand that was covering his nose and mouth. Shota's, Rikka's, and even Kuro's energetic cheering for Minawe quickly diminished seeing what had just happened. "That was so uncool..." Shota said with a sweat drop on his head. "For once, I agree..." Rikka responded to Shota's statement. "H-Hey, Minawe, are you alright down there???" Kuro asked with concern.

Then getting up, Minawe quickly said that she was okay while giving a nervous laugh and scratching the back of her head. "This battle is as good as won..." Masanori said, referring to Isa who will be the victor because he was facing such a klutz. "Agreed..." Shiratori added. Both Masanori and Shiratori had a comical blank look on their faces, not amuse at all by Minawe's clumsiness. On Isa's side of things, after seeing Minawe falling, Isa's eyes comically widened as he wasn't expecting that to happened. And even after Minawe had gotten back up, Isa was still staring at Minawe with the expression that seems to say, "Wait, what just happened?"

At the examiners' table, Tsukihana had a comical blank stare on his face with a sweat drop on his head and Uyagiri facepalmed himself and shook his head. Shiyo, on the other hand, had a different reaction. "Hahahaha, Minawe has such a good sense of slapstick comedy!" Shiyo proclaimed, believing that Minawe tripping was all planned out for comic relief. The mood became serious once again as the battle was close to beginning. Snapping out of his other state of mind, Isa looked to Minawe and Rei with a serious expression. "Good luck..." Isa told the two in a firm voice. While still standing up, Shiyo then began to speak into her microphone once again to finally start the battle. "The battle between Atsushi and Minawe will now begin! GO!" Shiyo gave the go-ahead for the battle to begin.

Once that happened, Isa made his move. Not wasting anytime at all, and not even allowing for Minawe to get the chance to perform her possession, Isa quickly leapt towards the two. As Isa pushed himself off the ground and towards Minawe and Rei, a jet of dust burst from behind Isa, showing just how much force was behind his leap. "(I'll end this... As fast as I can...)" Isa thought as he sped towards the two with a force comparable to a bullet being fired out of a gun. Seeing that speed caused some slight reactions from the crowd as well as from the examiners. "Whoa, that dude's seriously fast!" Shota commented, shocked by Isa's speed. "Go Isa, go!" Kuro said as comically wove his tiny "Isa" flag in the air. A smirk formed on Masanori's face. "He's not wasting anytime... Is this his attempt to not use all of his power?" Masanori asked as Shiratori silently looked on. Kinsei wasn't impressed but he was slightly concern about Minawe and Rei at one point. "(Amazing...)" Uyagiri thought as he saw Isa making the very first move so swiftly after the battle began.

Back to the battle, Isa quickly made his way above Minawe and Rei before all of the audiences' reactions even occurred. "HAHHHH!" Isa cried out as he flipped once while in midair which then placed him in a position with his right leg extending outward. Isa then proceeded to fall towards the space in the middle of Minawe and Rei, going for a powerful ax kick. In mere seconds, Isa's ax kick made impact, creating a powerful burst of dust and debris into the air in a large pillar-like form. However, due to the dust and debris cloud, the aftermath of that attack was yet to be seen.

-Meanwhile-

Within the special underground training area, Kotone, in her own separated training area away from Tatsuya, was balancing on top of a tall wooden beam with a wooden platform on top of the beam just barely big enough for Kotone to stand. While doing that, Kotone also had to carry on her back a large stone pot without any type of straps for support. "Goddamn... This thing is so f*cking heavy!" Kotone annoyingly scoffed, sweat rolling down the sides of her face. Down below was a stop watch that was close to reaching zero. "How long has it been now? Like two hours? C'mon you damn stopwatch, reach zero already!" Just as Kotone's patience began to reach its limits, the sweet sound of relief came as the stopwatch emitted a continuous stream of beeps, notifying Kotone that her training was over. "F*cking finally-" Just as Kotone finished saying that, a strange sound came up quickly from behind Kotone while also hitting the back of the pot as well as Kotone's back with bright yellow light.

"The f*ck?!" Kotone quickly tilted her head back to see what was coming at her, and to her dismay, Kotone saw a large beam of yellow energy heading her way. "Sh*t..." Kotone managed to say before the yellow beam blasted Kotone and the pot. With the impact of the blast came a fairly large explosion, completely shattering the pot into tiny pieces. Amazingly, Kotone took the attack and still remained on the platform, at least, that what it seemed like at first. A few seconds later, Kotone began tilting forward and gradually, Kotone, with smoke coming off of her backside, plummeted down to the ground below. "D-Damn it... Who the hell just blasted me...?" Kotone muttered as she struggled to look up. Suddenly, a familiar figure walked towards Kotone, causing her eyes to widen. "Hey there Kotone." the figure revealed himself to be Uyagiri who had just greeted Kotone rather casually with a cheery wave.

"Uyagiri...?" Kotone asked. "Yep, in the flesh- Uhh, sort of anyways. You might be wondering why am I here correct?" Uyagiri asked. "No... Not at all... I actually was gonna ask, were you the one who had just blasted me with that energy ball?" Kotone asked. "Huh, oh yeah that was me-" Right after Uyagiri had said that, Kotone was seen punching Uyagiri right in the chest with her left fist. "Oof!" Uyagiri grunted as he was blasted away after being punched. "You old piece of sh*t, why in the f*cking world did you blasted me for???!!!" Kotone angrily shouted, her appearance looks as if she was about to murder him. Uyagiri quickly placed his arm up to guard while he had a comically nervous and scared expression on his face with blood running down his nose. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy Kotone!" Uyagiri said before standing up. "This is part of your training, let me explain." Uyagiri stated, calming Kotone down by just a bit.

-Meanwhile-

On Tatsuya's side of things, after accidentally slicing a training dummy into chucks, a flash of silver unexpectedly slammed Tatsuya from behind in a wide arc, effectively sending him flying forward from where he was standing. As the dust cleared after Tatsuya's impact, a long whistle could be heard. "I may have overdone it a bit. Guess he wasn't able to catch himself." a familiar voice said. Suddenly, Uyagiri appeared, walking towards Tatsuya who was lying on the ground motionless, at least for the time. Uyagiri was also holding a large, steel hammer imprinted with the symbol of a cross on the top of the hammer. "Yo Tatsuya, you still conscious?" Uyagiri asked as he stood just a couple of feet from Tatsuya's position. Placing the hammer down onto the ground, Tatsuya then edged a little closer to Tatsuya. Proceeding to kneeling down, Uyagiri kneeled down, unaware of what might possibly happen next.

"Hey stay focused." Rei told Minawe wearing a 'Why me?' look on his face. Minawe just laughed trying to blow the whole thing off. Almost immedeate;y afterwards the atmosphere became serious once again. Even so, Minawe still kept her smile on her face. When Isa told them good luck, Minawe replied with, "Same to you Aruki." Prof. Shiyo then stood and officially started the battle. Minawe and Rei were given no time to think, before Isa started, runing at them with such speed and power that he was above them before the audience could even finish their reactions. Minawe's eye's widened, but that was all she had time to do before Isa's kick was coming right between her and Rei. A large cloud of smoke covered the area, shooting up into the air like a pillar. When the smoke finally cleared, a large crater and an already destroied arena was revealed. In the middle of this crater was Isa and surprisingly Rei. He struggled to hold his ground against Isa's kick, having used an over head 'X' block so that Isa leg fit in the opening in his arms. Minawe, however, was no where to be seen. [i]'That bastard, my arms are tingling.' [/i]Rei thought, suddenly grabbing Isa's leg. He spun him around once to gather momentum, then threw him straight up into the air.

The reason was soon realized, when Minawe was finally spotted coming [i]down[/i], intending to meet Isa half way. Copying his earlier move, she flipped in the air one then ended with one foot extended. The only difference was, her foot was charged with her attribute. "AHHHHH!!" What was Minawe doing up there? Well I'll tell you. In that split second opening Rei had before Isa landed, he grabebd Minawe and launched her into the air, right into the smoke pillar so that no one out be able to see her - mainly Isa - until it was too late. There wasn't any communication between them, but truthfully their really didn't need to be.

Tatsuya sighed looking at the pile from the dummy. "Damn. I couldn't wasn't able to shorthen the length of my blades at the right times to barely avoid cutting the dummy. I hope this place spawns new dummies too." At that moment he was hit with what seemed like a flash of silver that knocked him away. even though he was caught completely off guard that blast probably would have knocked him away like that anyway.The next thing he knew was he was face flat against the ground. "[i]Ugh...how long was I out?[/i]" He heard footsteps drawing closer to him. "[i]I don't hear this person saying anything distressful that'd indicate he found me. Must be my attacker. I wasn't out for that long then.[/i]" He then heard the voice of the attacker. "[i]Uyagiri?![/i]"

Soon Uyagiri had kneeled down in front of him, obviously clueless to the fact that Tatsuya had regained conciousness. He quickly grabbed some of the dirt and threw it up at the face of Uyagiri and with his other hand punched Uyagiri square inj the jaw. Tatsuya soon stood back up and looked at Uyagiri. "What the f*ck was that for?!" Tatsuya's eyes narrowed for a moment. "Or should I be asking why and how the hell you're here. Or maybe the training field really does respawn dummies."

"(Is it over?)" Isa thought to himself, hoping that that one attack would be enough. However, things weren't going to end that easily. Before the dust cleared completely, Isa noticed a single figure within the cloud. With eyes widened, Isa saw something that he would've never thought to be possible. Finally the dust had settled and the area clear of any obstructions for the audience, and the figure who stood at the position of Isa's attack was revealed as Rei. "What-" Kuro uttered as he saw Rei being able to block Isa's attack. "(That guy's more versatile than he looks.)" Kinsei thought, referring to Rei. "(Not bad...)" Masanori thought. The examiners were also pretty impressed that Rei was able to block that powerful ax kick that Isa had delivered. But none other was more surprised than Isa himself. It wasn't the fact that Rei blocked the attack that was impressive, but it was the fact that Rei blocked the attack and managed to still be on his feet that was impressive. "(Guess I was just aiming too high when I wanted to end things with one attack...)" Isa thought.

[Nine Years Ago]

Dark clouds blackened the sky as what seemed to be never ending rain fell to the soaked, dark brown ground below. Thunder roared, illuminating the blackened sky for a single moment, and lightning struck the ground below, violently destroying whatever it hits. Even chucks of wet earth were blown away as the lightning struck the land below. In the distance, a pale grey, worn down warehouse can been seen. Within it, light emanated which can be seen from far away. In an underground facility below the worn down warehouse, men, women, and even children share tightly packed cells. The prison-like area had an ominous, depressing mood to it accompanied by harsh living conditions and the stench of death in the air. Some of the dim lights within the cells flickered on and off which each passing second, seeming close to finally turning off complete, but they never do. Sickness, death, and blood, both fresh and old, are common sights to the miserable people forced to spend their lives in these tightly packed cages. Between them and freedom were walls of reinforced steel bars.

The area was usually quiet, and when it wasn't, the silence was replaced by the sound of suffering or the low moans of dying human beings. Within one cell, shared by three little kids and five adults, a young boy with short orange-brown hair sat crouching in a dark corner. Quite malnourished and clothed with a dirty tank top and dark blue shorts with no shoes or socks of any kind, the young boy's face was devoid of almost no emotion, except for maybe misery. His face seems to express how he has just given up on life and wished that someone would just kill him already. The only value that he has left to hold was his religion which prohibits him from committing suicide to end this miserable life that he holds. The young boy was only seven of age and yet he has seen so much death, more than an average man would see in his lifetime. Feeling colder, the young boy held his legs closer to his body, even though they are icy to the touch.

Suddenly, a young girl, about the boy's age, walked over to him. She had medium-length auburn hair with hair coming down from the sides of her face caressing her pale cheeks. She worn a simple maroon-colored long dress that reached down all the way almost to her ankles. In one hand she held a worn and torn stuffed rabbit, while in the other hand, she held a small, thin blanket. "Here Atsushi..." the young girl said as she handed Atsushi, or better known as Isa later on, her thin, maroon-colored blanket. Slowly, Isa tilted his head up and looked at the girl with eye devoid of any life or hope. He then proceeded to weakly pushed the girl's hand away. "I don't need it... You use it..." Isa replied as he placed his arm around his legs once again. The girl then shook her head before handing Isa the blanket once again. "It's alright... I'm fine, you need it more than me... You've been starved worst than I have..." the girl told Isa.

"I told you I don't want it... Leave me alone Aiko..." Isa restated before digging his face into the space created between his legs and body. "But-" Just as Aiko managed to say one word, the sound of the steel door at the entrance of the cell room slammed open. Five men dressed in heavy duty jackets with fur lining carrying rifles entered the cell room. "Alright men, let's hurry up and grab those test subjects. I can't stand the damn smell in here." one big-bodied, rugged-looking man told his peers. "Right. It's f*cking disgusting in here..." a slimmer, younger-looking man agreed as he covered his nose with his left arm. The five men then made their way to the cell containing Isa and Aiko where one of them then proceeded to open with a key. Angrily kicking the cell door open, the rugged-looking man made his way inside decrepit cell. "Alright, all of you stand up and come with us now!" the man angrily shouted, scarring some of the adults but not Isa nor Aiko.

One other kid wasn't fazed either. He was a young boy about one or two years older then Isa and Aiko. He had messy, styled back dark brown hair and wore a dark grey bandana on his head. He was dressed similar to Isa, but unlike Isa, he seemed more strong, emotion wise. "Are you here to use us as guinea pigs for your experiments?" the young boy asked with a serious tone. "Isamu, quiet." a pale woman with long dark hair said as she walked over and held the young boy back. "You should listen to your mother you little brat before I blow your head clean off." the man said before pointing his rifle straight at Isamu's head. However, Isamu stood strong with his fists clenched. "No! No! Don't! He's just a child, please!" Isamu's mother shouted, almost to the point of breaking out into tears as she hugged Isamu and then turned him so that the rifle would face her back instead.

"Aww, well ain't that sweet? We don't got time for this bullsh*t! Now get your asses up and come with us!" a skinny-faced man with blonde hair styled with a small Mohawk and a pointed goatee shouted angrily at the people. With that, the adults quickly stood up and walked to the side of the cell, closer to the entrance. "Now you two, move your asses!" the rugged man shouted before grabbing Isamu's mother and throwing her towards the entrance. Suddenly after this, Isamu rushed towards the man. "Don't touch my mother!!!" Isamu shouted angrily as he attempted to punch the man. "No Isamu!" his mother shouted, reaching out to him. However, the rugged man proceeded to hit Isamu in the face with his rifle's butt stock, sending him flying onto the ground. "Isamu!!!" his mother shouted, tears running down the side of her cheeks. "Shaddap!" the blonde Mohawk man shouted before knocking Isamu's mother out cold.

On the ground coughing out blood and a tooth, Isamu struggled to stand up. Aiko then ran over to him and crouched down to his level. "Isamu..." Aiko said as she tried to help him up which Isamu proceeded to swat her hands away. "I don't need help!!!" Isamu shouted. Right after shouting that, Isamu passed out. "(What an foolish idiot...)" Isa thought as he was still sitting in the corner, watching the whole event that had just transpired. "You two, get over here now!" the rugged man shouted for Isa and Aiko to come over to the entrance of the cell. Aiko, reluctantly, walked over while keeping her eyes of Isamu. Isa, on the other hand, walked over without any thought. Isa didn't seem to care what would happen to him, he just wished that it would be something that would take him out of this miserable existence that he knows. "Norio, take the woman and the brat." the rugged man told the younger man from before. "Great, I'm stuck with the dumb broad and the ballsy brat." Norio complained as he walked over and picked Isamu's mother up, carrying her between his right arm and his body. He then walked over to Isamu and placed him between his left arm and his body.

"Now move it, all of you!" the blonde Mohawk man commanded. Walking towards the exit of the cell room, Isa was at the very back, walking with his head down. Behind him was one of the men wearing heavy jackets, and after a couple of people in front of him was another jacket man and Aiko. Aiko then looked back at the emotionless and hopeless Isa. "(Atsushi...)" Aiko thought. "Hey, move it!" the jacket man besides her said as he pushed her forward. Isa continued walking with his head looking down, not wondering a thing about the fate that lies ahead...

[Present]

Though his plan for a one-attack win had failed, Isa did noticed that Rei's arms were tingling which caused his eyes to widened a little bit. "(So it did damaged him a little!)" Isa thought. But before he could do anything further, Rei proceeded to grab Isa's leg. "Whoa-" Isa exclaimed before being spun around by Rei in an impressive display of strength after blocking a powerful attack by Isa. Once Rei had gathered enough momentum, he then proceeded to launched Isa up into the air where Isa uncontrollably spun around a couple of times in midair. "(Damn, Rei's tough!)" Isa thought as he caught himself in midair. But then, the important question finally hit Isa. Where was Minawe? However, it was a bit too late as once Isa had turned around, he saw Minawe coming down towards him with an electrified ax kick of her own. "Absolutely amazing!" Shiyo exclaimed ecstatically, referring to Minawe's and Rei's wonderful teamwork.

"(Those two never fail to impress me when they're fighting together.)" Uyagiri thought with a confident smirk on his face. "Do they always work this wonderfully together?" Shiyo asked.

"It's amazing isn't it? While Rei is consider to be quite the powerful fighter, he's always a slouch whereas Minawe is energetic and serious in battle but her skills alone are subpar. However, when they work as a team, they are able to bring the best out of each other and create quite a powerful force that's not to be reckoned with. And to think, unlike other exorcist-demon parring, these two met by fate instead of being assigned to each other. [b]They truly are the best exorcist-demon team.[/b]" Tsukihana explained.

Isa seemed to be in trouble as Minawe drew closer to hitting Isa directly with her electrified ax kick. However, Isa suddenly clenched his right fist tightly. "(Those two are good, but...)" Masanori thought. Isa's arm then started glowing a faint red color. "Take this!" Isa shouted before punching at Minawe and launching a medium-sized tornado at her. With the release of the tornado, Isa was flipped in midair and went into a diving position towards Rei. "Fists of an Angry God!!!!" Isa shouted before launching a barrage of attacks toward Rei while still in the air. With each punch, a fist of pure pressure materialized and came crashing towards Rei. Coupled with the fact that the attack consisted of many, almost too fast to count punches, the attack that Isa had just used could prove to be too much for Rei to handle. However, the aftermath of this attack may prove to be the same as the previous attempt at a one-hit battle.

-Meanwhile-

"This is part of my training??? The hell are you talking about?! Can't you see I've lost the use of my right arm?!" Kotone asked angrily. Suddenly, a smirk formed on Uyagiri's face as he stood up. "What the hell is so funny?" Kotone asked. "Good, then the training can begin." Uyagiri said which proved to confuse Kotone even more. "Allow me to explain. Your opponent is Shiratori, and with his demon eye, he will be able to turn the tables easily by cutting off an arm or leg with his powers. That's why, you'll need to learn how to evade attacks and fight with only one usable arm and while already having sustained a fair amount of damage. In all honesty, Shiratori could make things even worse and so I'm actually still going easy on you." Uyagiri explained.

-Meanwhile-

"Yo, Tatsuya, are you conscio-" Before Uyagiri could finish talking, Tatsuya suddenly threw sand at Uyagiri's face. Though Uyagiri is wearing glasses, the sand still managed to block his sight by obscuring the lens of his glasses. Not wasting anytime to get his revenge, Tatsuya proceeded to punched Uyagiri right in his jaw, sending him spiraling back and landing on his face. "O-Ouch..." Uyagiri managed to uttered out. Getting up, Tatsuya asked Uyagiri why did he attacked him, but then switched his question to how Uyagiri managed to be here. He also suggested that dummies do respawn, referring to Uyagiri as an idiot and saying that he's just a dummy and not the real Uyagiri. Getting up, Uyagiri adjusted his jaw back into position, luckily Tatsuya didn't break his jaw with that punch, though it still hurt like hell. "Calm down, calm down. Jeez, this is the thanks I get for helping you with your training." Uyagiri said as he took his glasses off and wiped them clean with a handkerchief that he carries in his jacket's pocket.

"Now as for why I'm here. I'm actually not here in person. This is just a puppet that I infused with a piece of my soul energy that has taken my shape and has my powers, though lowered. I don't want to get into more details cause we have some training to do. So get serious." Uyagiri told Tatsuya. "You see, the reason why I hit you was to test your attentiveness and your ability to dodge surprise, incoming attacks. Now as you noticed, you failed." Uyagiri explained. "So that's why, now I'm going to train you personally myself today." After saying that, Uyagiri unsheathed one of his swords and pointed it towards Tatsuya. "I won't be using any Verses, but I'm more than a match for you even with being a puppet and only using one sword so you better not underestimate me." Uyagiri said.

"First off, let me explain something to you. You and Kotone have your opponents reversed." Uyagiri stated, then pausing to allow for Tatsuya to take that in for a moment.

"To elaborate, I mean that you and Kotone are facing the exact opposite of the opponents that you two can handle. If you were to be fighting Shiratori and Kotone were to be fighting Masanori, then you two wouldn't even be needing to train with me to win your respective battles. You see, you are in no doubt faster than Kotone. Shiratori is an opponent who relies on crippling his opponent first but in order to do that, he must be able to target his opponent with his eye. So, facing a person like you, there is a high chance that Shiratori would not be able to get you with his ability. But here's the thing, your maneuverability and ability to dodge is crap. Surely you notice that in almost all, if not all of your battles, you are prone to being damaged. This will bring to your downfall facing someone like Masanori. He specializes in attacking with ferocity and though you may be fast, you ability to dodge is only average at best, meaning you will be cut up faster than you can blink. And your speed won't do you much good as Masanori specializes in a battle style that consists of shifting from an offensive to a defensive state." Uyagiri explained before beginning to pace around.

"You must be able to block his attack and then have the maneuverability to get behind him or anywhere that is exposed and attack him there, and as I stated, speed alone won't cut it. Kotone on the other hand, she would be perfect to fight against Masanori, her maneuverability and ability to dodge and react are impeccable, much better than yours. But then we come to her vice and that is speed and adaptability. Unlike you, she's much slower and can't adapt well to critical situations. So up against Shiratori, that would be the worst disadvantages you can have. Shiratori will be able to cripple her as she's slower, and once she's in a position of losing her arm or leg, she'll be vulnerable to Shiratori's sword attacks. So she must learn to adapt and also improve her speed. You on the other hand, you are able to adapt quickly and keep fighting making you the perfect foil against Shiratori. As for Kotone, she would be able to avoid Masanori's attacks wither her keen instincts and maneuverability, then counter at points where Masanori is at his most vulnerable." Uyagiri finished explaining.

Seeing Isa’s counter by sending a medium sized hurricane at her, Minawe gasped [i]‘Crap! Crap! Crap!’[/i] Minawe quickly curled up into a tight ball, and by doing so making her center of gravity smaller. Once she was in a tight ball Mianwe began ‘rolling’ in the air, and rapidly gaining speed even in the short time span she had. Due to the speed it appeared as though a ring of lightening was surrounding her because of the lightening still on her foot. Seconds later she collided with the hurricane, managing to minimize her damage by half, but was still blown back and to the ground. Luckily, she was able to land, albeit shakily, on her feet.

[i]‘I won’t be able to take too many of those head on hits.’ [/i]Rei glanced at his arms, [i]‘If I wasn’t a demon my arms would have been shattered. How does he have such power?’ [/i]Rei was hoping that he would be allotted more time for his arms to recover, but it seemed he didn’t share in his partner’s abundant luck. Unfortunately, Isa was able to avoid Minawe’s attack and was coming back toward him. Isa called out his attack and his right hand glowed red, before he began throwing rapid punches. The red energy coming from Isa’s fist actually materialized into large red fist. There were too many to count and all of them were heading for Rei.

“s***.” The numerous red fist started pumbling Rei and the surrounding area, kicking up a cloud of smoke and dirt once again hiding the aftermath of the attack.

“Rei!” Minawe shouted in worry.

Within the smoke Rei was kneeling on the ground, a little worse for wear but still alive. His left hand was bleeding and his shirt was torn in some places. Surrounding him as a dome of lightening which he managed to execute before he took too much damage. Now it looked as though Rei was on a raised circular platform, but really the ground around him was just destroied. [i]‘It’s been such a long time since I had even been in a fight like this.’ [/i]Rei thought his red eyes having a slight glow to them. [i]‘I think I’m getting excited.’ [/i]Before the smoke cleared entirely, and still hid him from view, he jumped out of the hole not wanting to be at that disadvantage again. When he landed, Rei positioned himself in a way so that Isa would be between him and Minawe when he did land. The moment Minawe saw where he was she knew what he wanted to do but first,

[i]‘Are you alright?’ [/i]Minawe quickly thought.

[i]‘I’m fine, don’t worry. We need to merge soon…But first…Let’s play this a little longer.’ [/i]Rei thought back, becoming more engaged in the battle. Minawe was surprised by this since Rei is usually the one to want to get things done quickly but…This time he actually wanted to fight. Minawe smiled,

[i]‘Right!’[/i]

Isa had landed some time ago, but hadn’t attacked them yet. Minawe didn’t know why but she was going to take the opening, and she threw her chakrum. It zip by Isa, just barely hitting him, but he would be able to tell that Minawe wasn’t really aiming for him. Rei easily caught the chakrum, and both chakrums instantly began hovering in front of their respective holders. They both started charging the weapons with lightening, using the chakrums as a medium to connect their souls since they weren’t merged together. The weapons began spinning creating a familiar yellow disk-like appearance.

“You’re about to see one of our new techniques made just with you in mind.” Minawe started as lightening from the entire edge of the chakrum seeped outwards, looking like a thin sheet covering, going around Isa until the connected, trapping Isa inside. The best description of the outside would be that it almost resembled a candy wrapper with Isa being in the center and the two chakrum’s being both of the dead ends. Inside of it, it was nothing but thousands of electric currents going every which way.

“It’s the strongest technique I can use without being merged, but it requires perfect synchronization between myself and Rei.” She continued, “I know you still aren’t taking me serious, and are trying to finish this fight with one blow. Maybe this will show you not to underestimate use, Aruki. Now…Lightening box!”

Just as the name implies, when the attack begins it traps the opponent in a closed space, in an attempt to stop the opponent’s movement. Then once inside the person is subjected to extreme voltages of lightening. Minawe thought of it herself. She knew if Rei was right about Isa’s speed then they would have to completely stop his movement so he wouldn’t dodge their attack. Hopefully it would work out just as Minawe had planned, and he didn’t have some secret move to get out of it.

After having a bit of the situation explained and told to get serious Tatsuya proceeded to pick up his swords that had landed near him after getting blasted. "Yeah yeah yeah. I know the drill." Tatsuya continued to listen to Uyagiri while also getting the kinks out of his neck and various other points in his body. Then Tatsuya mentioned how the two had gotten their opponents reversed. "What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?" Uyagiri went on into extreme detail of why they were currently horrible to fight their opponents with their current skills.

Tatsuya was silent for a moment until finally uttering, "I see..." He knew what Uyagiri was saying was completely true. He knew Kotone and he knew his opponents. Masanori only very little though but what he had seen was his incredible defensive capabilities. He looked at Uyagiri with a serious face that soon changed to a grin. "Then what the hell are we waiting for? We don't have that much time until my fight. Let's use it all!" His swords then turned on and he took a battle stance, ready for just about anything Uyagiri would do.

"(Even if the first attack didn't have too much of an effect, this attack should put him out for good right?)" Isa asked himself as he fell towards the ground, his eyes constantly gazing at the smoke and dust that covered the impact area of his attack. The smoke was thick but gradually, it began clearing. Isa still couldn't see Rei however, but he assumed that Rei would be unconscious from that barrage of fists. However, unbeknownst to Isa, Rei had already taken the opportunity to slip out of the impact hole when he had the chance, covered from sight by the thick smoke. Isa finally landed onto the ground in a kneeling position at first. Standing up, Isa was still fixated in the impact zone which was finally clearing up for good. As the smoke finally cleared, Isa's eyes widened by a surprising sight. Shocked, Isa saw the impact hole containing nothing but destroyed fragments of earth. Rei was nowhere to be seen, at least not by Isa. "Oh man, and I thought that battle was over with. Looks like Rei made it out in time." Shota said, relieved that Rei was not defeated.

"I wouldn't say that he made it out in time." Rikka responded, pointing to Rei who was quite far away from Isa's range. Rei was in fact quite damaged by Isa's attacks, his clothes ripped. "(That one is persistent...)" Masanori thought. Isa finally came to his senses and titled his head to see Rei standing in his direction a distance away. Noticing the damage that he was able to at least dealt, Isa felt a bit more comfortable about the situation. "Third time's the charm then-" Just as Isa said that, suddenly, the sound of metal whizzing towards him. Reacting, Isa quickly turned around, only to have a chakram grazed his right forearm as it passed by him. The chakram was thrown by none other than Minawe who was a distance away from Isa as well as within the same direction. It became apparent to Isa that the two had strategically placed themselves as so to have him trapped in between them. But for what reason was still unknown to Isa. However, he did managed to note that the chakram thrown at him wasn't meant for him at all and the graze was only coincidental.

As the chakram reached Rei, he caught it with ease. "(Just what are they planning?)" Isa thought, his eyes hastily zipping back and forth to look at the two. The chakrams of Minawe and Rei then began hovering in front of the two respectively, and not long after, was charged by each person. The extremely quick spinning of the electrified chakrams made the familiar appearance of spinning yellow disks. Minawe then told Isa that he was about to witness a new technique created entirely for the purpose of battling him. "What?!" Isa was surprised by this reveal and attempted to escape his position. However, it was already too late as strings of lightning from the edge of each chakram shot out and connected to each other, entrapping Isa within a lightning prison-like structure. In simple terms, the structure works like a candy wrapper with Isa being the candy in the middle. "(Damn, they got me!)" Isa thought, realizing that he should've moved when he first noticed Rei.

Minawe then began to tell Isa that the technique is the strongest technique she and Rei can use without a possession and that it requires perfect synchronization between her and Rei. Continuing, Minawe also told Isa that she knows he still isn't taking her seriously and that this technique would show him not to underestimate her and Rei. Hearing that, Isa became a bit depressed, knowing that what Minawe had said was all true. "(She's right... I'm still being a coward... I'm still unwilling to take the risk of using all of my power...)" Isa thought. Suddenly, Isa's expression changed to once again showed seriousness. "(If I must, then I'll have to fight even harder!)" Isa thought. Then, in a surprising turn of events, Isa began hammering away at the wall of lightning that encasing him with his fists alone. The surprising thing was that the wall began cracking with Isa's punches. "ARGGH!!!" Isa grunted as his punches became stronger at the cost of his knuckles being damaged by the lightning.

[Nine Years Ago]

The men, women, and children were soon brought by the jacketed men to a bright, lab-like facility that, like the cell chamber, was underground. Inside the facility, walls of white were tainted by both fresh and dried blood. More horrifically, the blood contained imprints of hands and other distinguishable body parts. The lab was separated into many sections, all of which were separated by either more walls or large, plate glass windows. The sounds of painful screaming filled the air in almost two to four minute intervals. The adults of the group and Aiko turned their heads to look at their surrounding area as they were escorted by the jacketed men. Though the adults seemed even more horrified at the screams and blood, Aiko was horrified by the sights she saw as well. Isa, on the other hand, was quiet, and didn't bother with his surroundings. Passing one section which contained a small area separated from the main hallway by a plate glass window, a terrifying sight was seen. A dark-skinned man in his late forties whose arms were imprinted with strange markings was running crazily within the contained area.

The man screamed in pain as his eyes, mouth, nose, ears, and fingernails bled profusely. Besides the man, two laboratory technicians wearing containment suits were also in the contained area. Their suits were smeared with the man's blood as he pushed them away from him. The adults and Aiko watched on, horrified at what they were seeing. The man was literally bleeding out. The man then rushed at the plate glass but before he could even reach the glass, his body literally exploded in a horrific mass of blood, guts, and body parts. The blood and parts splattered onto the plate glass window, causing the test subjects to fall back in terror, including Aiko. Isa however, stood as if nothing was happening. "Hey, hey, hey! Get your asses up now! Do you want us to execute all of you on the spot?!" the blonde Mohawk man asked angrily before forcefully grabbing the test subjects back up onto their feet and pushing them to get them moving.

Aiko was also grabbed and pushed along. Isa was then pushed by the jacketed man behind him to move forward. Being pushed next to Aiko, Isa didn't say anything but continuing to walk. "A-Atsushi, what's going to happen to us?" Aiko asked. "It doesn't matter... Hopefully, I'll die in the process..." Isa replied. Later on, the group was finally escorted to a large room with red-colored lights. All of the test subjects were then pushed forward as a man wearing a lab coat approached the scared, anxious crowd. The man was bald and his face was cleared of facial hair though he was wearing a distinctive pair of circular, black lab goggles. Norio proceeded to placed Isamu and his mother on the ground, next to the group. A moment later, Isamu and his mother gradually woke. As the man reached a distance away from the test subjects, he began to speak, first addressing Isamu and his mother.

"You two are awake. Good. It would be useless research if you two test subjects weren't awake for me to study your reactions after the fusing process." the man spoke in a deep voice. "M-Mom..." Isamu called for as he placed his hand on his mother's shoulder. "Isamu..." his mother responded as she hugged him tightly. Isamu still had dried blood coming down his mouth and he was feeling pain on his jaw. Placing his left hand near his mouth, Isamu proceeded to wipe off the blood. Isa quietly watched the mother and son, a slight feeling of envy was stirring in his heart. "W-what are you going to do to us?" one adult man asked the scientist figure. "I'm glad you asked. Today all of you will be a part of an experiment that if, successful, will grant you your freedom." the scientist stated with a devious grin. "I-Is that true really true?" Isamu asked the scientist. "Of course boy. I would never go back on my word. I'm a scientist and I only want to see my experiment succeed, and when it does, then I'll gladly let you go. However, there is one down side to all of this." the scientist said, before his grin grew larger.

"If the experiment fail, then [b]you'll die.[/b]" the scientist proclaimed.

Hearing that, the adults began to panic and the possibility of them dying, adding to the scientist's enjoyment. "No! I'm not gonna be a part of some twisted experiment!" one man shouted before making a run for the exit. "Tsk, tsk..." the scientist said. Suddenly, the rugged man of the group of jacketed men held his rifle up towards the man's head and fired, blowing a hole in his head where blood and his brains exited. Seeing that, the adults fell back, and Isamu's mother held her son's head away so he wouldn't see what had just happened. "I wouldn't recommend trying to escape as you can see." the scientist told the others. When Isa saw this, the thought suddenly crossed Isa's mind that he would be put out of this miserable life if he were to try and run away. Finally, this was the chance Isa's been waiting for. However, Isa was suddenly snapped out of his thought as he felt someone grabbed his arm. Looking at the hand of the person who grabbed him and then looking up, Isa saw that it was Aiko who had grabbed his arm. She knew what Isa was thinking and she had prevented him from committing the sin of suicide if he were to make the jacketed men kill him by running away.

"Now then, let's get things started shall we?" the scientist asked. Suddenly, the jacketed men guided the test subjects to strange-looking box-like machines, where individually they were loaded onto one of many tens of machines within the room. "No! Please, don't do this!" Isamu's mother cried out. "Mom!" Isamu shouted, reaching for her. "Shut up, both of you!" one jacketed men shouted before him and Norio shoved the two into their own machine and then closing the heavy steel door. Isa went quietly into his machine without fighting back while Aiko was a little more reluctant but in the end, she too went in willingly. "So, should we begin the synthesizing process now Dr. Fujisaru?" the rugged, jacketed man asked the scientist. "Yes Ryota, begin the process." Fujisaru replied. With that, Ryota gave the signal for his men to activate the machines. Once the machines were activated, a glowing, red circle inscribed with strange markings appeared underneath the vertical-placed machines.

Within the machines, syringes automatically inject themselves into the test subjects' arms and red lights flickered on within the machines' interiors. Suddenly, the test subjects' arms began to spasm and an immense feeling of pain suddenly overwhelm the test subjects. The sound of horrible screaming filled the air to which Fujisaru grinned at. "AHHHHHH!!!" Isa, too, was overwhelm by the immense pain, not just felt in his arms, but throughout his entire body. Wanting for the pain to stop, in a desperate attempt at freedom, Isa began hammering at the metal door with his fists until they began to bled. "Let me out of here!!!" Isa shouted.

[Present]

As Isa continued his attempt at destroying the lightning structure Minawe and Rei had created, from within, extreme voltages of lightning struck Isa's body. "GAHHH!!!" Isa shouted in pain as he was brought to his knees. But every time Isa was brought to his knees, he would get back up and continued to once again deliver powerful punches to the structure. Even so, it seems to be no avail. More lightning struck Isa, crippling him. Finally, Isa was paralyzed and brought to his knees once again. "(I...)" Isa thought while he screamed in pain from the lightning. "(I...)" Isa continued thinking.

[Nine Years Ago]

As the process continued, Isa continued his attempt at smashing off the metal door of the machine. Even when Isa couldn't even feel his hands anymore, he continued. Suddenly, the sound of breaking steel can be heard by several jacketed men near one of the machines. Looking over to that machine, the men noticed one part of the metal door was protruding out. Within the machine, Isamu hammered away at the door with his bare, bloody fists. His strength was so great that the door was beginning to break. "AHHHHHH!!!!" Isamu shouted loudly as he continued punching. Fujisaru quickly looked over at the machine with a delighted and surprised face. "The process... It's working..." Fujisaru said to himself. Within his own machine, Isa's arms fell limp as he had broken the bones in his hands and arms, attempting to punch open the metal door. However, in the midst of his fatigue, who could hear the the bending and breaking of metal coming from the machine Isamu was in. "(H-He's actually breaking the door...?)" Isa thought with widened eyes.

[Present]

"I'M NOT GONNA BE DEFEATED NOW!!!!" Isa shouted, his words turning into a roaring-like shout. "Holy crap, what's going on???" Shota asked, amazed at what he was seeing. The examiners looked on with bated breath to see what would happen to Isa within the impressive lightning structure. As Isa's roar reached its peak, in that instant, the entire lightning structure shattered. Both the audience and the examiners were shocked by this unbelievable event. Isa completely devastated Minawe's and Rei's most powerful technique, unpossessed technique by roaring. As Isa's roar finally came to a halt, the individual fell to his knees, panting heavily. There was an extending moment of silence as the aftermath continued. Finally, the silence was broken as a battered Isa stood up. With ripped clothes and slightly ruffled bandages, Isa began moving out of the path between Minawe and Rei. After walking a few feet, Isa looked up to Rei first and then Minawe.

"If we're going to take this more seriously, then you guys better perform that possession now..." Isa said with a slight smile.

-Meanwhile-

After Uyagiri finished his explanation, Tatsuya uttered that he sees what Uyagiri means. Tatsuya then looked at Uyagiri with a serious face that soon turned into a grin. Asking what they were waiting for and then saying that they don't have much time left, Tatsuya proceeded to activating his swords and took a battle stance, awaiting for Uyagiri to make his next move. Uyagiri smiled seeing Tatsuya now riled up and understanding the concept. "Good. This is good. Now that you understand that you can't win without properly understanding your opponent. Your real training can now begin." Uyagiri said before tossing his short-bladed sword into the air and then catching it in a backhand position. "Remember these last few days I had you work on your control of the soul energy you emit from your swords? Well hopefully your control improve because now we're going to put them to the test." Uyagiri said. "Now, you and me are going to have a little spar but here's the catch. This spar will consist of our blades clashing but during a point when our blades are going to crash, I want you to turn off the soul energy being emitted to your blade so that my our blades will never really clash." Uyagiri stated.

"After which, I want you to turn on the energy from your blade again and we'll continued to battle. I want to see how good a control do you have on your soul energy by rapidly turning off and on, not allowing for our blades to clash. This way, when you battle Masanori, you can avoid him parrying you and counterattacking. You can also avoid clashing with his shield and then counterattack him." Uyagiri explained before taking a battle stance of his own. "Now that you seem ready..." In a sudden flash, Uyagiri was already in front of Tatsuya and was already slashing in a wide arc at Tatsuya's swords. Before Tatsuya could react, Uyagiri's sword clashed with Tatsuya's sword, and the force behind Uyagiri's attack was great enough to send Tatsuya sliding diagonally for a couple of feet.

"Not fast enough I see. Alright, then you want me to slow down for you?" Uyagiri asked in an attempt to rile Tatsuya up even more.

Tatsuya listened to Uyagiri but he seemed a bit confused on what he was talking about. He was able to understand the usefullness of being able to turn his sword on and off immediatly but that wasn't what caused the confusion. Before he could actually question Uyagiri though he had charged and immediatly went for a slash in a wide arc. It was so fast and sudden Tatsuya that Tatsuya didn't even have a nanosecond to block it correctly. Not like it would have stopped him from being knocked back a few feet though.

Tatsuya looked at UIyagiri now obviously pissed. Not by the comment but the attack. Although he was still offended by the comment. "I'll start by saying this. F*ck you. Now to the next thing. I've told you before. It wouldn't be fun or a real challenge unless you were going all out." Tatsuya remembered the crator he had been put in when he told Uyagiri to go all out and that it was from just one attack. "Or you could hold back a little..." Tatsuya sighed before getting to the point. "You're an idiot. You know that, right? If I were to stop the flow of my energy before our blades clash then what's stopping your blade from cutting me in half?"

Then it dawned on Tatsuya. "Oh duh. If you're not attacking then your blade will just block. It won't be moving. It won't be coming closer. Yadda yadda yadda. And I have two swords. Offense with one and defense if needed with the other." Tatsuya let out another sigh. "Geez, I fell like Minawe. I can't do this on the defensive. Obviously I need to be..." He held his blades up before charging at Uyagiri. "Offensive! [i]I can't believe I[/i][i] didn't catch this earlier. He was practically telling me.[/i]"

"What's going on?" Minawe said feeling a disturbance in her attack.

Rei was the one who said, "He's trying to punch his way out!" Minawe's eyes widened. If he so much as touched the walls he would be electrocuted. "Rei now!" Both of them channeled lightening into the attack to shock Isa. There was a pause before the same disturbance went through the confinement. "Darn it, Rei again and this time keep it on him!" Rei nodded and they both again shocked Isa, this time prolonging the lightening attack. When they stopped it was silent. Was Isa still conscious? Any normal person would be dead or at least unconscious, but Isa wasn't just any ordinary person. Even while he was injured he managed to run right through one of her attacks and still managed to counter himself. Minawe new that Isa pobably wasn't defeated yet. A single sweatdrop ran down her face as she contemplated on releasing the attack. Could it really be that they won?

She was answered when a loud, powerful roar came from within her attack, no doubt from Isa. Minawe took a step back her eyes wide as it became harder to maintain his confinement. "W-what is this?" Rei too had trouble maintaining the attack and soon it exploded, throwing both Minawe and Rei back. Rei managed to land on his feet, but Minawe fell flat on her back her chakrum landing right next to her head. "Oww...." She whipered slowly pushing herself to her feet. Isa walked away, just enough to remove himself from between her and Rei. He then told her that if they were going to get serious then she should activate her possession now. Minawe looked at him and the smile he wore, grinning herself when she saw he was finally serious, "Right!" Rei had already made his way over to Minawe, who nodded.

"Possession!" They simultaniously shouted.

The air suddenly became dense and highly charged as lightening swirled around Minwe and Rei forming a cacoon. The lightening then shot into the air, giving off a blinding yellow light. When the light faded Minawe stood -or hovered - there her now silver hair blowing in the slight breeze and her blood red eyes focused on Isa. She smirked. "Now the fight really starts." Making the first move, Minawe executed three stationary kicks; a round house, 360 then a hook kick. With each kick a cresent shaped lightening attack appeared heading toward Isa. "Lighting Cresent: 3x!"

• 3 weeks later...

Though seemingly not fazed much by Minawe and Rei's technique, in reality, Isa was more physically damaged than his calm demeanor lets on. "(Damn, looking cool escaping from that technique better impressed the audience and judges cause it definitely wasn't a cool experience for me.)" Isa joked in his mind, looking to regain some morale for the upcoming serious battle. Isa then discreetly shook his fists in a manner quick enough so Minawe and Rei won't let on. "(Trying to punch my way out maybe wasn't the best idea. Now my fists are feeling totally numb...)" Isa thought. Not letting the opportunity pass, Minawe and Rei proceeded to perform a possession while Isa waits. It was a pretty smart move on Isa's part as Minawe and Rei are performing their possession, Isa can have a brief moment to regain the feeling in his fists. If Minawe and Rei would've attacked Isa right after he had escape, then the favor would've tipped towards Minawe and Rei, not that it wasn't already in their favor.

As Minawe and Rei's possession began, lightning swirled around the two, encasing them within a lightning cocoon, prompting the audiences and judges' responses. "Hell yeah! Minawe and Rei are finally performing a possession! They're gonna totally kick Isa's ass now!" Shota excitedly exclaim as he stood up from his seat with his fists raised to chest level. "Though I'm not going to completely rule out Isa's chances of winning this battle, I will say that it may have diminished now because of him allowing for the possession." Rikka commented, causing Shota's excitement to disappear. Shota then looked back at Rikka with an annoyed face. "Jeez, can't you just root for Minawe and Rei like a normal person?" Shota responded to which Rikka didn't pay any attention to. "Go Mina-Rei go! Go Mina-Rei go!" Kuro chanted from the higher-up seats as he waved his Minawe flag around. "Jeez is this guy for real? I'm starting to think he has split personality disorder..." Shota commented about Kuro.

Writing down some notes about the battle so far, Tsukihana then turned to the other judges to share his thoughts on the battle so far. "I must say, it could be a big mistake on Isa's part as he's allowing for Minawe and Rei to perform a possession. Their chances of winning are now even higher than before." Tsukihana claimed. "You might be right, but who knows. We still haven't seen Isa's true potential yet. There might just be a chance that Isa will pull off a victory." Uyagiri replied. "Actually, I think the chances may be even now." Shiyo suddenly said, prompting a curious look from the other two judges. "What do you mean Prof. Sakihara?" Tsukihana asked. "Oh, you two didn't notice? Isa was shaking his fists trying to regain feeling in them. He did discreetly so I guess you two didn't catch it, but nothing escapes my eyes." Shiyo explained. "If Minawe and Rei would've attack Isa straight away, right after he had escaped the Lightning Box technique, than Minawe and Rei's chances of winning would've gone up even higher. But now I'm betting their chances of winning are about as good as Isa cause Isa's finally regaining the feeling in his fists." Shiyo finished her explanation.

Hearing that, Uyagiri pushed his glasses up and a smirk form on his face. "Then this battle just got a lot more interesting." Uyagiri proclaimed.

Back at the battlefield, Minawe and Rei's possession was finally complete as lightning shot into the air and once it had faded, Minawe emerged hovering. With silver hair blowing in the breeze, Minawe's red eyes were focused on Isa. Smirking, Minawe proclaimed that now the fight will really begin. Isa responded back with a smirk and a slight nod. Not wasting any time, Minawe proceeded to make the first move. Executing three stationary kicks, a roundhouse kick, then finally spinning 360 degrees and performing a hook kick, Minawe unleashed a barrage of crescent-shaped lightning blades toward Isa. Attempting to dodge the attacks, Isa prepared to leap towards Minawe. However, as he readied his legs, Isa could feel a sharp pain in his lower right leg, causing him to stop any movement. "(Crap, the muscles in my lower right leg still aren't healed completely!)" Isa thought. Unable to dodge Minawe's incoming attacks, Isa then decided to guard against them. Placing his arms in front of him in an x-shape, Isa readied himself for the incoming series of attacks. As the first three attacks impacted with Isa's arms, they cut through his bandages and flesh, causing blood to rupture into the air. Milliseconds after cutting Isa's arms, the blades also delivered a powerful shock that covered Isa completely.

"Arrgh!" Isa gritted his teeth, trying to ignore the pain of the powerful shock. With each passing second, the shocking caused Isa's bandages to burn off little by little. The cuts on his arms were also being slightly cauterized due to the heat produced from the powerful shock. Without much time passing, the other two lightning blades made impact with Isa, and while the blades weren't able to cut him, they did intensified the shock greatly; essentially causing more damage to Isa and burning away more of the bandages covering his arms, causing the strange markings on his arms to be more and more visible. "Whoohoo! Go Minawe!" Shota exclaimed. Rikka, however, didn't share the same enthusiasm as she noticed the markings on Isa's arms. "(What are those things?)" Rikka wondered.

"Isa's in a bad position right now. Due to his injuries, Isa wasn't able to dodge Minawe's stream of attacks. Though I'm curious about one thing-" Right after Tsukihana had said that, Uyagiri began to talk. "Are you wondering about those markings on his arms?" Uyagiri asked, his tone changing to reflect the seriousness of the topic. "Yes I am. This is the first time I've seen those markings. What are they?" Tsukihana asked. "They're the things that made Isa a '[b]living weapon[/b]'." Uyagiri proclaimed.

Down below, the shock delivered to Isa by Minawe's attacks finally dissipated, leaving Isa falling onto his knees and panting heavily. "Damn, I can't take too much of those attacks head on. They're paralyzing my muscles..." Isa said to himself. Shrugging the setback off, Isa rose to his feet and within a blink of an eye, Isa rushed off to the left and began heading towards Minawe albeit indirectly. In mere seconds, Isa reached the walls on the east side of the arena which Isa then used to propel himself towards Minawe by jumping off of the walls. In mere seconds, Isa rushed pass Minawe from behind her by just a few feet. Isa then landed onto the arena's west side walls which he then bounced off at angle towards the south walls. Arriving and then bouncing off at an angle, Isa once again reached the east side walls and then he headed towards the north walls. Repeating the process, Isa created a diamond-like shape in his path. He also created after images to confuse Minawe to the point where she would just start firing off lightning in random directions in an attempt to stop the momentum-gaining Isa. Finally, after twelve or so revolutions, Isa bounced off the north walls at an angle and appeared right above Minawe's position. Isa then proceeded to dive bomb towards Minawe, using his own body as the projectile. Isa's body was also spinning rapidly, causing the incoming impact to be even more devastating. Adding with Isa's built-up momentum, dodging the attack would be next to impossible.

[Nine Years Ago; Five Days Post-Experiment]

"You bastards! Come out and show yourselves so I can rip your f*cking heads off!" Isamu shouted as he continuously punched a plate glass wall. Even exerting all of his might, Isamu couldn't even make a small scratch on the Verse-reinforced plate glass wall. "COME OUT YOU DAMN COWARDS!!!!" Isamu shouted with even more ferocity. "Come out! Come out..." Isamu's voice gradually became more fragile and sorrowful as his punches soon stopped and he slowly fell onto his knees. A single tear hit the glossy, white linoleum floor. That single tear was then followed by two more teardrops just two seconds afterward. Isamu faced the floor with his eyes closed, teeth gritted, and fists clenched. Tears fell from the far corners of his eyes as he weep in emotional pain. "Isamu... P-Please don't cry..." Aiko said softly as she kneeled down besides Isamu. In the northeastern part of the spacious, empty room sat Isa who seems to show some form of emotion unlike how he was before. Looking at Isamu, Isa's face showed noticeable signs of empathy. "How can you tell me not to cry when my mother is dead?!" Isamu replied to Aiko.

"And those bastards are the one who killed her!!!" Isamu shouted as he stoop up and punched the plate glass wall once more with his right fist. In a dark, monitoring room, Dr. Fujisaru, the one masterminding the experiments, sat on his black chair observing the three test subjects. Not far behind him were the jacketed men who are working for Fujisaru. "Very, very interesting... It's already been five days and the test subjects aren't showing any signs of physical or mental deterioration... This has been the longest duration that the test subjects have gone through without showing any negative symptoms... Could it be that these children have souls capable of withstanding and controlling the effects of the experiment...?" Fujisaru asked no one in particular. "Doctor, if the experiments succeed this time around, what will become of them?" Ryota, the leader of the jacketed men, asked curiously. "IF the experiment turns out to be a success then these kids will become weapons for sell to the Nirvana Ordinis. We'll become rich beyond our wildest imaginations hahahaha!" Fujisaru answered in a maniacal tone.

"Beyond our wildest imaginations ehh? I like the sound of that Doc!" Koji, the blonde-haired Mohawk man, laughed happily at the thought of being rich. "Heh, sounds like a plan." Ryota replied to Fujisaru. "Do not worry gentlemen, working for me means that you'll never go hungry for the rest of your lives!" Fujisaru proclaimed.

Nighttime soon came and within the now dark observation room, Isamu sat in a corner awake; his legs held tightly to his body with his arms wrapped around them. Aiko was asleep on the other hand, but she had actually passed out a bit earlier. Isa was also awake, looking up at the ceiling. As the minutes passed, the room remained in total silence. Soon however, Isa lowered his head to look at the ground and not long after that, he stood up from his position. Isa then walked towards Isamu who didn't pay any attention to his surroundings at all as he was fixated on his late mother. "Your name's Isamu, right...?" Isa asked, breaking the silence. Snapping out of his deep state of thought, Isamu gazed up at Isa with tired eyes. "Yeah... And you're Atsushi..." Isamu responded as he tilted his head back down. "I know how you feel Isamu... Losing your mother... It's unbearable..." Isa said in a sad tone. "Oh yeah...? You know how I feel...? How would you know how I feel...? From the time I first saw you, you were already alone... So how would you know HOW I FEEL?!" Isamu responded before standing up and grabbing Isa by his shirt collar.

Isamu's raised voice was quick to woke Aiko up. "W-What's the matter?" Aiko asked, unaware of the situation. In his rage, Isamu didn't think about anything else but to clobber Isa straight in the face. However, Isamu was suddenly snapped out of his enraged state when he felt his arm being grasped. Looking down, Isamu noticed Isa had grabbed his arm, the one that was holding onto Isa's collar. "It's because I was here before you, and I saw my mother and father died in front of my very eyes..." Isa replied to Isamu's question. Hearing that, Isamu paused for a moment out of surprise before letting go of Isa's shirt collar. "I've watched both of my parents dying in the same way that other man five days ago died... Their blood covered me from head to toe... When they died, I felt like I died along with them in the most horrible way imaginable..." Isa explained. "(No wonder he acts the way he does... And I don't blame him...)" Isamu thought.

[Present]

When it dawned on Tatsuya of what he needed to accomplish in this training, Uyagiri smirked. "(Good, he seems to be getting the notion just perfectly. If he keeps improving then defeating Masanori won't be such a-)" Before Uyagiri could complete his thought, Tatsuya, with his swords held up, charged at him. And with Tatsuya's speed, dodging wouldn't be a clever thing to do on Uyagiri's part. Without speaking, Uyagiri quickly kneeled down with one knee as Tatsuya neared him. The knee however did not touched the ground. Uyagiri, with his right hand and sword in front of him lowered towards the ground at an angle, then performed an upward slash at the nearing Tatsuya, targeting Tatsuya's swords. "(Let's see what you'll do...)" Uyagiri thought. Uyagiri was aiming to knock Tatsuya completely off of his feet with the upward slash at Tatsuya's swords and then follow with a series of strikes with the handles of his swords rather than the actual blades of the swords themselves. Even with Tatsuya's speed, Uyagiri was known for his quick sword counters. And knowing Tatsuya's weakness of being less than adequate at reacting to a quick enemy counter only made Tatsuya's reaction that much more exciting to see for Uyagiri.

Uyagiri wasn't the only one who knew his opponent. Being taught by Uyagiri, Tatsuya was able to get a bit of an understanding of his fighting style and knew of his specialty in counter attacks. "[i]It's already obvious he's going to counter but he can't counter a blade that doesn't ex-[/i]" In his rambling mind he forgot to actually turn off the energy of his blade. "Oh f*ck..." Uyagiri's counter was able to work on Tatsuya and he was knocked into the air. The following attacks were too fast and Tatsuya was too distraught to avoid or succesfully block the following attack. Instead he just ended up taking the sword handles like a b*tch.

He soon fell to the ground with his sword handles still in his hand but the energy now off. The wind was also completely knocked out of him. "[i]This can't be all I learned these past few days. This can't be my max after these few years...F*CK NO IT ISN'T![/i]" He pressed his sword handles against the grown and activated them again. Increasing the grip on his swords he pulled himself up but with his legs in the air. He seemed to be in a more hand stand like position if it weren't his swords he was really standing on. He then wrapped his legs around one of Uyagiri's swords. As quickly as he did that he turned off his swords a twisted his legs releasing them immediatly. This sent Tatsuya spinning in midair but he made his swords face Uyagiri and once again turned them on. "[i]I need to control the length of the blade so it barely cuts him.[/i]"

Minawe was quite surprised when Isa didn't try to move out of the way of her attack, and instead face them head on. At first she believed that he had some type of plan but once her attacks made contact she dropped the thought. There was a bright display of light and lightening as the attack took its course. [i]'What's that on his arm?' [/i]Rei asked. Minawe blinked in confusion but looked closer at Isa. The bandages on his arm was being burnt off by the attack, showing the strange markings. "I don't know. Maybe it's just some type of tattoo." Neither Minawe or Rei had ever seen something like that, and the more the bandages burnt away the more markings that were revealed.The attack was finally finished and Isa fell to his knees. Minawe then got into a stance, "Alright, time to end this before Aruki can retaliate." Before she could make her move Isa stood and was gone from his position before she could even blink. "Wait....What just happened?"

[i]'On the wall!' [/i]Minawe looked around and managed to find Isa only to have him leave her sights again. She felt a rush of air past by behind her and she quickly turned around only to find Isa was already somewhere else. "He's moving too fast." She stated. [i]'Don't let him gain any more momentum! A direct hit from that kind of speed and power could be dangerous!' [/i]Rei warned Minawe who was already charging up an attack. "I know that already!" Minawe tried to follow his movements and when she thought she had him she fired a volt of lightening only to have it harmlessly hit a wall. She gritted her teeth. There was no way she could hit him now! He was moving so fast he was actually leaving an after image of himself, which was all Minawe could even hit. She was actually starting to become dizzy with tryign to find Isa.

"Ugh..." Minawe groaned holding her head. "Make everything stop spinning." [i]'Minawe above you!"[/i]

Minawe looked up just in time to see Isa dive bombing at her. Her eyes widened. At that kind of speed there was no chance of dodging! He was practically on top of her already. Minawe braced herself as much as she could by holding up her hands and the beginnings of a lightning shield was forming right when Isa made contact. Her incomplete shield was only good for a second before Isa broke through it, driving Minawe directly into the ground with a direct hit. Minawe couldn't even begin to move after being hit with an attack like that. She laid in the crater, her clothes torn and ripped in numerous places. Her right arm had a painful gash there and she had to turn over to spit out blood. She groaned trying to force herself to sit up, [i]'D-darn it...If I hadn't used the lightening I gather as a coating for my body at the last minute I probably wouldn't even be conscious now.' [/i]As she tried to stand she suddenly fell back to her knees choaking back a scream of pain. Her eyes widened, "My body....I-its still shaking. It's still shaking from all that power."

Minawe grinded her teeth and willed herself to stand and leap out of the crater created by Isa's last attack. She stumbled slightly, breathing heavily and staring at Isa. She held out her hand, concentrating lighting into it, but instead of attacking Isa she hit herself right in the stomach screaming from the initial shock. When she finished she stood up straight smirking. [i]'What the hell! Why did you do that!?' [/i]Rei yelled. Minawe frowned, "I can't lose, but with all that pain from his attack I wouldn't be able to concentrate. So completely discharging my pain receptors were the only way."

In the next second Minawe was infront of Isa throwing a punch at his face. Minawe then started an attack and dodge fight with Isa, all the while charging up eher lightening inside of her. Momens later sheuu jumped back, possibly dodging one of Isa's attacks, holding her hands out towards Isa, "Violent Voltage!!" A large blast of lightening shot out from her hands. She then jumped into the air right aboee the center of the arena hovering there. "Even if he manages to dodge that he won't be so lucky with this one."

Minawe closed her eyes, as a ring of lightening formed around. Slowly her body began rotating, quickly gaining speed until you could actually see the lightening disk around her cutting through the air. "Cresent Rain." Her voice rang right before dozens of small cresent shaped lightening attacksrained down along the entire battle area giving little space to dodge.

• 3 weeks later...

The impact of Isa's attack blasted a gigantic pillar of dust and debris into the air and the shock wave that accompanied the impact blasted against the stadium walls, causing them to crack slightly. "A-Amazing..." Tsukihana muttered as he watched the devastating results of Isa's attack. "With that attack, I won't be surprised if this battle is over with." Uyagiri stated. "Hate to say it, but against Isa, Minawe can't possibly win. Though she did put up an excellent effort." Shiyo stated. Hearing that, Tsukihana and Uyagiri looked at Shiyo and noticed her calm and statistical expression. Tsukihana then looked back at the battlefield. "I hate to say that a student of Class-A beat one of my Class-C students, but after that attack, the odds of Minawe walking away with a victory is next to impossible." Uyagiri sighed. "The dust has yet to clear. Keep faith Prof. Uyagiri. Minawe and Rei are strong." Tsukihana smiled.

Back at the battlefield, Isa slowly staggered his way from out of the crater and dust pillar. That attack took a lot of energy out of him. Bundled with the damage Isa has already been inflicted with and you get one worn-out fighter. Still, Isa was able to stand there and not collapsed to his knees as he looked on at the clearing dust with one eye closed and panting heavily. "That should do it... right...?" Isa asked himself, hoping the battle has ended and he is the victor. "C'mon Minawe, Rei. Win this battle..." Rikka locked her hands together and prayed. Shota was on the edge of his seat sweating bullets in anticipation of seeing what has become of Minawe. As the dust cleared, a surprising sight befell upon the audience but none more surprised than Isa. Minawe was still very much conscious in the crater albeit she has taken a ton of damage. "S-She's still conscious... Even after that attack...?!" Shiyo said with surprise. "Heh... That clumsy, lucky kid..." Uyagiri sighed in relief as a single sweat drop rolled off his face. Tsukihana sat with a smile to see Minawe conscious. Even more surprising to see was Minawe standing up. Isa gasped slightly as he took half a step back. "(N-No way...)" Isa thought.

Holding out her hand, Minawe concentrated lightning into it. Seeing that, Isa braced himself for an incoming attack but was surprised to see what Minawe would do with the lightning. Minawe suddenly hit herself in the stomach with the lightning and screamed from the initial shock. Falling to the ground. "What the- What is she doing...?" Isa asked, lowering his guard. "Huh? Why did she hit herself with that attack just now?" Shiyo asked, confused by Minawe's action. "That kid ain't dumb I'll tell you that." Uyagiri smiled. "Huh? What do you mean?" Shiyo asked. "Minawe purposely discharged lightning into herself to temporarily shut down her pain receptors. This way she won't have to concentrate on the pain that she was dealt from Isa's attack." Tsukihana explained. "Oh I see... This girl is sure one tough cookie. I'm glad she's so determined. But still, I don't know how much longer she can hold her ground against Isa." Shiyo said. "You don't have to worry yourself about that. My money's on Minawe." Uyagiri said. "I know Isa, and he won't be beat so easily." Shiyo replied with a smile. "Either way, this battle won't be ending anytime soon..." Tsukihana proclaimed.

After shocking herself, Minawe appears to be more composed. "Just what is Minawe planning...?" Isa asked himself. Isa was about to find out the hard way. Withing the next second, Minawe was in front of Isa whose eyes widened to see Minawe could still battle. And before he could react, Isa was the target of a punch from Minawe which landed cleanly on his cheek. "Arrgh!" Isa grunted as he was punched unexpectedly. Isa then retaliated with a punch of his own. However, his punch missed by a mile as Minawe impressively dodged the attack and landed another punch on Isa. What occurred was a straight-out fist brawl with Minawe having the lead much to the surprise of the examiners. "Amazing... Even after taking Isa's attack directly, here she is, fighting with her bare fists and winning." Tsukihana said. "H-How can she out-boxed Isa???" Shiyo asked with surprised. Then the thought occurred to Shiyo as shown by her eyes widening. Uyagiri noticed Shiyo's surprised look and then looked back at the battle. "(I wonder what's up.)" Uyagiri thought.

Attempting another attack, Isa failed to once again connect with Minawe as she leaped back. Minawe then fired off another Violent Voltage at Isa. Having no luck with the fist-on-fist brawl earlier, Isa now attempts to dodge the incoming lightning. Using his famous speed, Isa quickly dodged the attack and ran towards Minawe. Suddenly, Isa was stopped in his tracks when he bumped into the stadium wall. "Oof!" Isa fell back onto his butt before standing up. Isa then began shaking his head then blinking rapidly before wiping his eyes. "What's with that?" Uyagiri wondered about Isa. "(Just as I thought...)" Shiyo crossed her arms.

Back to the battle, Minawe proceeded to display a new attack. Lightning formed around Minawe's body as she began rotating faster and faster with every revolution. Soon she became a blur with her the ring of lightning becoming a disk, Minawe's signature weapon shape. Isa's eyes narrowed as he struggled to watch Minawe's intense movement accompanied with the bright lightning disk. From Isa's perspective, his vision was fluctuating from being clear one moment and blurry the next. "Crescent Rain." Minawe's voice rang out. During that moment, Isa's vision cleared again only to see an incoming flurry of crescent-shaped lightning raining down at him. Without time to react, the multitude of crescent-shape lightning blades hammered away at Isa, electrocuting and cutting him at the same time. "ARRGH!!!" The bandages on Isa's hand chipped away even more and now the bandages were all but gone.

[Nine Years Ago; 165 Days Post-Experiment]

The sound of heaving panting and running can be heard echoing through the metal corridor. The shadows of two figures can be seen dashing on the pure white linoleum floor. "A-Atsushi, are you sure this is the right way?" Aiko asked worryingly as she ran behind Isa who was holding her hand. "Yeah, don't worry Aiko. We're gonna get out of here." Isa replied, his eyes forwardly focused. Suddenly, Isa and Aiko stopped in their tracks as they arrived at a metal door guarded by a large-build man adorning a familiar fur-lined jacket. "Huh? There you are!" the man smiled as he saw the two. The man quickly raised his assault rifle at the two. "Aiko, run away. I'll deal with him." Isa said as he held his arms out in a protective posture. Clearly imprinted onto Isa's arms were strange markings which has darkened substantially since the five days after the experiment. "But Isa, I just can't leave you-" Aiko tried to plead but Isa cut her off. "Just go!" Isa shouted to which surprised Aiko. "Heh, touching, but neither of you are going anywhere-" Just as the man finished saying that the metal door behind the man shot off its hinges and impacted with the man, knocking him onto the ground just a couple feet away from Isa and Aiko. Surprised to see what had just happened, Isa and Aiko looked at where the door used to be to see a familiar dark grey bandana.

"Are you guys alright?" Isamu asked as he was revealed to be the person behind the door. "Isamu!" Aiko exclaimed in relief. "Good to see you Isamu. Yeah, we're fine. But we thought we'd lost you after what happened about an hour ago." Isa said. "Heh, one guard won't be enough to take me down, not with this power I was given." Isamu said as he held his arm up to show the markings. "Alright, no time for chit-chat. We gotta escape from this hellhole." Isamu said before leading his friends off.

Outside the facility, the dark skies was once again pounded by torrential rain. As lightning blazed across the sky, the devastating roar of thunder left the area muted. A wet, mud-covered boot pressed against the ground and then lifted off, leaving an imprint. "Hurry up men! We have to save the captives as quick as we can! With every passing minute the captives' lives could be at stake!" a man with combed blonde hair and a serious demeanor shouted orders. He was wearing the signature outfit of a high-ranking exorcism of the Nirvana Ordinis along with a heavy rain coat. A young woman around the age of 19 or 20 quickly ran up to the man. Her busty appearance was quickly noticed by a few exorcists making their way to the facility ahead. Their glance were soon caught by the blonde-haired man. "What are you two starring at? Get back to the situation at hand!" Yelled the man. "B-Rank Exorcist Shiyo Sakihara reporting!" Shiyo greeted the man. "What is the status of the caravan carrying the fifty captives?" the man asked. "The captives have been rescued and the six men transporting the captives have been captured." Shiyo reported. "That's good. Now we need to focus on the main facility here." the man said.

"Arrgh!" a jacketed man grunted as he was bashed against the steel wall by Isamu. "Damn, these guys are everywhere..." Isamu scoffed. "How are we gonna get out of here? This place is like a maze." Isa asked. "Yeah, don't worry Aiko. We're gonna get out of here." Aiko suddenly said to Isa. "Huh?" Isa was confused by what Aiko had said. "'Yeah, don't worry Aiko. We're gonna get out of here.' That's what you told me awhile ago. Remember? Now it's your turn to not worry." Aiko smiled, giving hope to Isa. Isa returned the smile. "Right." Isa replied. "Humph, I'm glad you two are keeping your spirit high or else I'll get lonely being the only bright one." Isamu joked. The three once again got going after their brief rest, with Isamu and Aiko leading the way and Isa behind them. Looking at them, Isa knew he was the only worried one. "(Must be nice... Having so much faith...)" Isa thought.

"DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT!" Doctor Fujisaru shouted angrily as he banged the surveillance control with his fists. "Yo Doc, we need to get the hell out of here!" Koji stated. "Shut up! All of you! My whole world is being set ablazed by those damn Nirvana Ordinis exorcists!!!" Fujisaru shouted. "You can rebuild but it is important to get out of here first." Ryota stated. "SHUT UP YOU PIECE OF TRASH! YOU'VE NO IDEA THE TORMENT OF SEEING ALL YOUR LIFE'S WORK BEING STEPPED ON LIKE THIS!!! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!!!!" Fujisaru shouted furiously. "Piece of trash? You f*cking-" Koji was suddenly stopped by Ryota before he could do anything to Fujisaru. "That's enough. If you waste time on this old fool then you're gonna die. We have to go. Our services will be needed elsewhere anyhow." Ryota explained. "Fine..." Koji agreed. The group of jacketed men then made their way towards the door but before they could exited, a group of exorcists led by Shiyo arrived. "s***! They're here!" Ryota exclaimed before holding his rifle up along with the other jacketed men. But before they could get a chance to pull their triggers, Shiyo made her move.

Shiyo then suddenly took out a purple bookmark adorned with a single image of a gold triangle, symbolizing the Trinity, in the center of the bookmark. And in a flash, Shiyo slashed the bookmark in a horizontal sweep. During the sweep, the book mark began shining with a bright light and the light extended far outward, slashing the rifles carried by the jacketed men. In the aftermath of the horizontal sweep, the rifles were suddenly and cleanly sliced in half. "W-What the- Our rifles!" Koji shouted. "Sorry, but you guys won't be causing any more trouble." Shiyo said, holding her bookmark with two fingers. "GAHHHH!!!! DIE EXORCIST SCUM!!!!" Fujisaru yelled wildly as he rushed towards Shiyo with a switch blade. "Humph!" Shiyo grunted before using her bookmark to perform a vertical slash upward, and as before, the shining light extended and swept through the blade. With that attack, Fujisaru was also sent fumbling back onto his butt, and as he dropped his switch blade in midair, the switch blade was sliced in half. During this time, the light from Shiyo's bookmark also retracted until it disappeared. "Your sinful ways will end now!" Shiyo told Fujisaru.

Isa, Isamu, and Aiko finally made their way to the large room that contains an elevator leading to the abandon facility above. However, what they found standing in their way of freedom was devastating. About ten or so jacketed men stood in the room, guarding the elevator. Before making it inside the room, Isamu stopped Isa and Aiko. "T-There's too many of them... There's no way we're gonna make it out..." Isa said. For a moment, everyone was silent until Isamu suddenly spoke. "I'll take care of all of them. You two stay right here and wait until I say the coast is clear." Isamu stated. "What? N-No, you can't Isamu. That's suicide." Isa stated, trying to keep himself from yelling. "Atsushi's right. Please don't go. W-We'll find another way, I know we can-" Aiko was suddenly cut off by Isamu. "Don't you see there's no other alternatives. We have to fight for our freedom and this fight will be the final fight. I don't know about you guys but I want us to taste the sweet air of freedom and I don't mind if I have to fight for it. Neither of you guys can use your powers but I can. I'll be fine." Isamu stated. "But... Isamu-" Isa was cut off by Isamu as he gave Isa a thumbs up and a smile. "Remember what I said I'm gonna be once we get outta here?" Isamu asked. Isa's eyes widened hearing that question and then his eyes narrowed again.

"Yeah... You said you're gonna be an exorcist... Just like your dad..." Isa replied. "That's right. And as an exorcist, my duty is to protect people from evil forces. So let me get a head start on being an exorcist, okay?" Isamu asked. "R-Right..." Isa hesitantly agreed.

With that, Isamu made his way into the room ahead while Isa and Aiko stayed back. Entering the room with a serious expression, the jacketed men quickly noticed Isamu. "H-Hey, it's that escaped kid!" one men shouted before pointing his rifle at Isamu. In a flash, Isamu rushed past the man. A single drop of blood suddenly fell to the white floor. The blood had came from Isamu's hand. Seeing the blood from his hand, the jacketed men took a step back with surprised expressions. The only one who didn't back away was the man who Isamu has passed. Suddenly, the man's head from onto the ground in front of him and a geyser of blood burst from his neck, covering the ground with blood. After his body had fallen to the ground, Isamu looked to the other jacketed men with an intense glare. Not saying a word, Isamu rushed at another jacketed man. "Ahhhh! W-What are you waiting for? Shoot him!" the man shouted for his comrades to shoot Isamu, and surely, the other men began firing but due to their fear, their bullets missed Isamu. Out of fear, the man who Isamu was rushing at took a shotgun from his back and suddenly let off a shot while his eyes were closed. With that shot, Isamu was suddenly hit in his stomach and was sent flying back. "Ugh...!" Isamu's eyes widened as he was shot.

"(I-)" Isamu thought as memories of his parents flashed before his eyes. "(I-)" Now memories of his time in the facility flashed before his eyes. "(I-)" And now memories of his friends, Isa and Aiko flashed before his eyes. Isamu then hit the ground and his head turned to face the hallway. His last view of this world was Isa, starring at him with a traumatized look on his face. "(I'm sorry... Isa... Aiko...)" Isamu thought one last time. "I-I-I got him..." the jacketed man said in relief. "ISAMUUUU!!!!" Isa roared. Hearing his ferocious bellow, the jacketed men regrouped and this time, aimed their guns at Isa. Isa suddenly fell to his knees and the markings on his arms began glowing an intense red color. "W-What's happening now?!" one jacketed men asked, scarred about what's transpiring. "GAHHHHH!!!!" Large spines began to grow from Isa's arms as he shouted in pain. The pain, however, wasn't from the massive spines protruding from his flesh, but from the loss of his close friend. Seeing the large spines, the men began shooting at Isa. However, Isa quickly sweep his arm in a horizontal motion, causing the bullets to hit the spines on his arms and bounced off. The bullets that bounced off then hit a couple of the men in their heads, instantly killing them.

As for those who weren't hit, in a quick horizontal slash, the men's guns were destroyed and their chests were slashed open causing them to fall to the ground. Falling down to his knees, Isa broke out into tears. "Isamu!" Aiko shouted as she rushed over to him. Isamu was lying in a pool of his blood but he was still alive albeit barely. "Isamu! Y-You can't die!" Aiko cried as she placed her forehead on his bandana that he wore around his head. "I-I'm sorry Aiko... But it looks like my mom and dad wanted to see me early..." Isamu lightly joked. Isamu then slowly tilted his head to face Isa, whose arms have became normal again. "H-Hey Atsushi..." Isamu called. Hearing that, Isa crawled over to his dying friend, tears running profusely down his cheeks. "I-Isamu..." Isa muttered. "W-What's with those tears...? This is the first time I've seen you cry... It looks so weird hehe..." Isamu said with a smile. "Sorry buddy, but looks like I'm leaving you two..." Isamu said. "No you can't! Not yet! W-What about becoming an exorcist like you always said?! You can't just go back on your word!" Isa exclaimed. Suddenly, Isamu lifted his blood soaked hand up and lightly touched Isa's forehead with his fingers.

"Do me two favors... yeah...?" Isamu asked. "W-What are they...?" Isa asked. "Number one, protect Aiko from now on... Don't let anyone hurt her..." Isamu said, his fingers still touching Isa's forehead. "I will... I'll do everything I can to protect her..." Isa said. "That's good... And number two... Live a happy life..." Isamu stated before his hand fell to his side again. "Right... I'll live my life... For both of us..." Isa said. Hearing that, Isamu smiled one last time before his eyes finally closed. "I-Isamu...?" Isamu!" Aiko shouted before placing her face on Isamu's chest and crying. Isa clenched his fists tightly seeing his friend passing away. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Isa suddenly looked up and roared, his roar synchronizing with the roaring thunder outside. It was a painful roar. It was a roar of loneliness...

[Present]

As the crescent blades continue to rain down on Isa, the markings on his arm began glowing red intensely. "HAHHHHH!" Isa shouted before sweeping his left arm in a horizontal manner. The force of his arm suddenly repelled the rest of the incoming blades back towards Minawe. The force of Isa's arm also cause an intense wind to blow through the battlefield and stadium in general, kicking up dust and debris.

"Whoa, what's with this strong wind?" Uyagiri asked. "And look at Isa's arms. The markings on his arms are glowing quite intensely." Tsukihana pointed out. "Yeah they are... By the way Shiyo, just what are those markings on his arms anyway?" Uyagiri asked curiously. "Those markings... Those markings are-" Shiyo began.

As the wind continued to rampage the battlefield, Isa's markings grew even more bright. The wind quickly blew away the rest of Isa's bandages and then from behind him, the wind blew his jacket upward revealing a familiar dark grey bandana stuffed into his right back pocket.

"[b]-demon souls branded onto his very skin...![/b]" Shiyo finally revealed.

[center][b][i]A man with demon souls branded onto his very skin...! The battle between Minawe and Isa blazes forward![/i][/b][/center]

-Meanwhile-

"Aww c'mon. Really now Tatsuya? Is this really it?" Uyagiri smirked. "And I thought you could become a great exorcist. Seems like I overestimated you if this is your max." Uyagiri taunted. Uyagiri knew that the more he taunted Tatsuya, the stronger Tatsuya would get as he would try to prove Uyagiri and himself that there was no way in hell that he was at his max. And surely enough, through self-talk, Tatsuya was able to get back onto his feet, metaphorically of course. Tatsuya suddenly took a hand-standing like position and wrapped his legs around one of Uyagiri's swords. "(What the-)" Uyagiri thought. Not wasting anytime, Tatsuya proceeded to twist his leg and releasing them so that he would propel himself spinning in midair while his swords stay airborne as well. One of his sword was facing Uyagiri and as Tatsuya gripped his sword, he released a blade towards Uyagiri, just long enough so that it would barely cut Uyagiri. Uyagiri's eyes widened to see Tatsuya's amazing adaptability in action. However, Uyagiri wasn't going to let Tatsuya get his move through so easily.

Quickly sliding his fingers down one of his sword's handle, Uyagiri gripped the end of his sword's handle with just his fingers. In a a single move, Uyagiri released his grip while also propelling the sword upward, turning his sword into a projectile. And that projectile was aimed at Tatsuya's extending blade. The fluidity and quickness of Uyagiri's reaction was awe-inspiring. He was able to send a projectile at Tatsuya's sword while it was still in the process of extending at Uyagiri. Uyagiri's aim was to hit Tatsuya's sword so that the force would push Tatsuya's sword aside so the extending blade would simply pass Uyagiri from the side. This training is all about energy control and Uyagiri's aim is to get Tatsuya to the point of instant on and off control of his swords. Fighting a counter opponent like Uyagiri is perfect for Tatsuya as Masanori is also a counter-based opponent and control will be the key to winning. Now Uyagiri will simply watch to see what will happen.

[color=#222222]Still in the air Minawe's body slowly stopped spinning until she was looking at the remainder of her attack rain down on Isa. She wasn't aware of what was going on with Isa until the last minute when she suddenly felt a large surge of energy, and suddenly the remaining few disk of her attacks were heading back at her along with a powerful gust of wind. Because she wasn't expecting it, and her body - though not feeling pain - was starting to fail her due to the unnatural strain being put on it, she couldn't dodge her rebounded attack and she was hit with the disk. Even though she didn't scream, or wince from the attack she did fall straight into the ground sliding a few feet back. Her muscles were trembling, and she felt an odd prickling in her chest as well as feeling a slight difficulty in breathing. Minawe struggled to her feet, her entire body shaking from the strain of simply trying to stand. [i]'W-why....Is it...H-hard to breathe..?' [/i]Unknown to her, when Isa redirected her attack her already bruised and sore ribs cracked and was constricting her lungs, very dangerously close to puncturing a lung. Too much movement from her would result in her actually puncturing her lung. Of course, since she didn't feel the pain she didn't know...Well yet anyway.[/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[color=#222222]'[i]Minawe, this is enough! You need to stop fight right now!'[/i][/color]

[color=#222222]Minawe knew that Rei was probably right, but she ignored him. She couldn't stop fighting now. She had to keep going and win, not just because she wanted to bring a win for her class - which she did - but because she waited a long time just to get here. To prove herself to everyone that she wasn't just some airhead, idiot who only got this far because of her luck. It was hard enough trying to stay on her feet from the strong winds coming from Isa, let alone stay conscious. Black spots were already beginning to cloud her vision. Isa's strange markings were giving off a bright red glow, and were obviously the source of all this energy. Minawe didn't know what kind of power this was, but she knew that she didn't have much longer before she was done. [/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[i][color=#222222]'Just what is he?' [/color][/i][color=#222222]Rei questioned. He didn't like this at all. That energy coming off of Isa was dangerous, and it felt very familiar. Almost like a demon's energy. But how could that be? Isa was human wasn't he?[/color]

[color=#222222]Minawe went to[/color][color=#222222] stand up straight, but that sudden movement made her cracked ribs shoots right into her lungs making her double over and cough up the blood that was slowly starting to fill her lungs. "D-dam..." She wheezed as it was getting harder and harder to take in air. Her stomach, legs and arms were cut from where her own attack had hit her. She looked no better than Isa did when it came to bodily damage. It was a wonder how her clothes - mainly her skirt - managed to stay intact during the entirety of the battle. "N-no...I can't lose...Not now." She didn't know what was going on with Isa, but she wasn't about to let that stop her. Minawe wrapped her left arm around her torso and in her right hand formed a chakrum and started to poor the rest of the energy she had left into the attack. She wouldn't be able to throw it as when the weapon leaves her hand it loses some - if only a little - of the energy used to make it so it can travel the distance, so hitting Isa close up would give the best result. [/color]

[i][color=#222222]'Damnit Minawe! You've proved yourself enough already! Just give up the battle or you'll kill yourself!'[/color][/i]

[color=#222222]Aga[/color][color=#222222]in she ignored him and continued putting her energy into the lightening chakrum, which was increasingly becoming brighter and brighter, and shooting off increasingly dangerous volts of electricity everywhere.[/color]

At some points there were even times Tatsuya couldn't deny that Uyagiri was an incredible teacher and probably the only one that can so effectively teach him. Even though he hated to admit it every time. This was definitely one of those times. Uyagiri was certainly just as adaptive as Tatsuya which only made since since his specialty was counters. He was taking advantage of the moment. Tatsuya would have to quickly adapt if he was going to keep his sword in his hand. Luckily for him that's something he's really good at. And with motivation driving him it only helped. "[i]Turn off now![/i]" Right before the initial clash the energy from his sword ceased. "[i]I did it! Now Back On![/i]"

But nothing happened to that sword. The other one though turned off and he flopped onto the ground. "F*ck...I'm out of energy..." His eyes slowly began to close showing that he had extreme exchaustion from not only of four hours of straight training (I can't really recall) and all the soul energy he's spent in that time.

[center][size=5][b]CHAPTER 27: THIRD PART 3 - THE BRANDED BOY[/b][/size][/center]

[spoiler=Chapter 27 Synopsis]Having seen a more determined Minawe, Isa is brought back to three years ago on the day where he would meet the person that would shape him into the person he is today. Meanwhile, an exhausted Tatsuya collapses during his training and the training of Kotone is still unknown. And the battle between Minawe and Isa moves onto its final act.[/spoiler]

The examiners and the audience watched with bated breath as the two participants seem to reach their limit. However, something was wrong with Isa. As revealed by Shiyo, the markings on Isa's arms are actually demon souls. Which answers a few but raises more questions for Uyagiri and Tsukihana. "D-Demon souls...?" Tsukihana repeated with a shocked tone. "Yes, that's correct." Shiyo stated. "Now you did say [i]souls[/i], implying Isa is a container carrying more than one other soul... T-That's unheard of, at least from my studies... Wouldn't the conflicting energy of each soul gradually destroy Isa? It's remarkable how he has stayed alive for this long with all those souls inside of him..." Uyagiri said. "You're quite correct Prof. Uyagiri... A normal person like you or me at maximum could only contain one other soul within our body. Even then, we could only keep that soul within out body for so long before signs of negative effects start to appear. Even Minawe, who's more accustomed to having another soul in her body, can't keep Rei's soul inside her forever. The conflicting energies would tear her apart." Shiyo explained before taking a pause.

"However, this case seems to be completely opposite for that young man right there, Atsushi Fukunuma... Even myself, an expert on possessions, can't seem to figure out how his soul is able to suppress all of the conflicting souls inside of him. What's more, Isa is able to use each individual souls' powers to his advantage. He does all this without showing the normal signs of 'Body-Mind Deterioration'..." Shiyo explained. "'Body-Mind Deterioration'...?" Tsukihana asked. "Yes, it is the term possession experts used to call the side-effects, if you will, that occurs to those who contain one or more souls inside their body for a prolonged period of time. Basically, if a person keeps one other soul in their body for a prolonged period of time, both physical and mental harm will befall onto them. If this period of time is a couple of weeks, the person begins to exhibit frequent exhaustion, weakness, and nausea; sometimes a fever may occur. When a month has passed, the person's immune system begins to deteriorate slightly and they'll also have frequent nightmares which then develops into insomnia. When a couple of months have passed, frequent hemorrhaging occurs and the person's mental states begin to deteriorate substantially leading to nervous breakdowns; in some cases, complete insanity." Shiyo explained.

"T-Then what happens if your body contains more than one soul? Like, the same amount of souls Isa has contained in his body." Tsukihana asked. "The time period of the Body-Mind Deterioration shortens substantially. Meaning, the entire process can occur within hours... Leading to death..." Shiyo answered. Hearing that, both Uyagiri and Tsukihana's eyes widened out of surprise but it wasn't surprise cause by Shiyo's explanation. Rather, it was surprise cause by the notion that Isa was completed unaffected by the Body-Mind Deterioration. "How long has Isa been carrying that many souls inside his body?" Uyagiri asked. "Nine years and counting..." Shiyo replied with a bit of a saddened tone as she remembered the incident involving Isa and the underground weapon laboratory. "(He lost everyone that was closed to him... All because of one man and his insane ambition...)" Shiyo thought.

[Nine Years Ago; 165 Days Post Experiment]

"Damn it Isamu, you idiot! Don't just go dying on us like you don't owe anything to us! You were gonna look out for us after you become an exorcist!" Isa cried as he repeatedly punch the ground next to the now deceased Isamu. "Isamu..." Aiko said softly as tears continued to fall from her face. "Captain Sakihara, I think I hear some children in the next room." the distant voice of a man said. Not long after, the group of exorcists led by Shiyo arrived to see Isa, Aiko, and Isamu. Seeing Isamu dead, Shiyo gasped. "W-What happened here?!" Shiyo asked as she quickly made her way over to the three. "Are you two okay?" Shiyo asked Isa and Aiko. "W-Who are you?" Aiko asked Shiyo. "It's okay. My name is Shiyo Sakihara. I'm an exorcist of the Knights of Nirvana, a special division belonging to the Nirvana Ordinis. I'm here to rescue you kids." Shiyo explained. Hearing "Nirvana Ordinis", Isa quickly turned to face Shiyo. "O-Our friend, you have to help him!" Isa exclaimed, refusing to acknowledge the fact that Isamu has passed on. Not knowing that Isamu had already died, Shiyo proceeded to check his pulse at his neck. After a second, the horrible truth was realized. "I-I'm sorry... You're friend has passed on..." Shiyo told the two.

"N-No! It can't be! I-I don't believe that! You're lying!" Isa shouted at Shiyo. "Atsushi, I'm afraid she's telling the truth..." Aiko pleaded. "No! NO! SHUT UP!" Isa shouted before running towards the elevator. "Atsushi!" Aiko called out as she ran after him. "Ugh... Uh-Ugh... M-Mess with me will you...?" a voice came from the right side of the room. It turns out, one of the jacketed men was still barely alive and with all of his strength he aimed his rifle at Isa's torso. Right in that instant, both Shiyo and Aiko noticed the man. "No!" Shiyo shouted before taking her Trinity Bookmark out and slashing at the man's rifle. However, before the bookmark could reach the rifle, the man was able to fire off one shot towards Isa who had just stopped. Isa pressed his hands against his ears to avoid hearing Shiyo and Aiko's "lies" about Isamu being dead and so he didn't even notice the man nor the fact that he had fired his rifle. Just as the bullet was shot, Shiyo's attack reached the rifle, cutting the rifle's barrel. However, it was too late as the bullet continued its path towards Isa.

Just then, Isa tilted his head towards the man, and in the moment, time seemed to slowed down. Isa could see the bullet heading his way as well as the man's rifle being cut and exploding in the man's face. The next thing he saw were his childhood memories before being taken captive. Finally, the last thing that he saw was a figure running in front of him with arms held outward. The bullet made impact. However, the person it made impact with was not Isa. As Isa saw who it was that ran in front of him, his eyes widened with immense distraught. "At least this time... I was able to do... the protecting..." Aiko smiled before collapsing to the ground. "A-A-Aiko...?!" Isa looked in horror to see the body that just collapsed in front of him was Aiko. "[b]AHHHHHHHHHH!!!![/b]" Isa screamed while outside the thunder roared.

[Present]

Back at the battlefield, Rei was beginning to seriously worry about the injuries that Minawe has sustained. Rei even went as far as to yell at her to stop battling. However, Minawe refused to do so. Isa remained quiet at his side of the battlefield but just as Minawe, Isa had already sustained too much damage and any further hits could render him unconscious and in need of serious medical help. Suddenly, Isa's soul energy began to spike in correlation to his markings which only gotten more intense and bright. "(It's over...)" Masanori thought as he felt the spike in Isa's soul energy. Shiratori kept quiet but he was thinking the same thing as Masanori. "W-Wait, what's going on?! Isa has taken just as much damage as Minawe but all of a sudden his soul energy is rising!" Shota stated. "(This isn't good for Minawe... And that soul energy of his... It feels demonic...)" Rikka thought. Now instead of cheering for anyone, Kuro has taken his seat and his real personality began to shone through as noted by his signature smirk. "(This Isa guy... Just what in the world is he...?)" Kinsei wondered as he felt the demonic energy.

Suddenly, spines began to protrude from Isa's right arm as well as his arm becoming reddish in color. His nails began to grew and sharpen. At the tip of his arm spines, ominous pale red flames ignited and stayed floating at their position. In total, Isa had four spines and flames running down the side of his right arm which now appeared almost entirely demonic in looks. Looking up panting with sweat running down his face, Isa could see Minawe charging up the rest of her energy into a lightning chakram. "(Minawe wanted me to fight seriously... I'm not going to let her down by backing out now...!)" Isa thought as he saw the determined look in Minawe's eyes. "(Those eyes... That determination... I remember that look well... That's the look that made me fell for her in the first place so many years ago...)" Isa thought.

[Three Years Ago]

[center][b][i]A young boy stands in front of his future, branded by a painful past...[/i][/b][/center]

"From now on you'll be living here at the Nirvana Ordinis Academy. It's too dangerous for you to live alone due to your condition. I'll see to it that you are settled in." the blonde-haired man from the underground facility incident told Isa. The man turned out to be a commander of the Knights of Nirvana who was leading the mission to rescue all of the captives. After rescuing Isa, he had placed Isa in a special therapy that helped him cope with Isamu and Aiko's deaths. After a couple of months, the man told Isa that he would be joining the Nirvana Ordinis academy as a student. Today was the day that Isa entered into the academy. It would also be the day that Isa would meet some of the most influential people in his life. "Atsushi, are you alright?" the man asked seeing as how Isa had a depressed look on his face. "Huh? Y-Yeah I'm fine... It's just... my friend... He wanted to become an exorcist and here I am, standing in front of the very place that my friend longed to become a part of..." Isa explained. "You're friend would be proud to see you've taken the path of justice. Here you can turn your weaknesses into strength to protect those who you will come to care about." the man stated.

"R-Right." Isa nodded.

-Meanwhile-

"Alright, alright you rambunctious little youngsters, calm down will ya? It's like all of you have been having too many sweets lately. Well, except for Rei in the back there." a familiar voice told his class full of young, aspiring exorcists in training. "Prof. Uyagiri! Today you say we get to go on a research field trip right?! That means I get to stretch my legs and run around till I collapse! Of course I'm excited!" a younger Shota exclaimed happily. "Those little stubs are called legs? I don't think you can get very far pipsqueak." a young Rikka mocked as she crossed her arms. "W-What?! Pipsqueak?! Shaddap you cold-hearted witch!" Shota replied. "H-Hey you guys stop fighting or else we may not get to go." a younger Shin told the two. "Those two are always yelling and arguing with each other. It's a wonder how they're suppose to be partners, right Jenos, you little twerp?" a young boy with spiky brown hair asked a younger Jenos. "U-U-Umm... I-I-I d-don't..." Jenos mumbled shyly. "True they argue, but they're nowhere near as bad as little grumpy Tatsuya over there." a boy with combed-back black hair told the previous boy with spiky brown hair.

"Oh yeah, I heard he beat up these three guys from Class-B yesterday." the brown-haired boy mentioned. "Yeah I heard that too, but one girl from Class-B said that he beat up those three guys because they were picking on a scrawny kid from the same class." the black-haired boy stated. "Really? Nah, I don't think that's true. Tatsuya doesn't seem like the kind to help anyone. He probably was just beating on those three kids for fun." the brown-hair boy replied.

"Yo Tatsuya, how's it hanging bro?" an energetic kid with golden brown hair greeted Tatsuya with a smile.

"You know who's really dangerous?" the black-hair boy from before asked his friend. "Lemme guess, Minawe the Klutz." the brown-haired boy replied, followed by a light laugh. "Hehe, yeah totally. She's a walking disaster. I'm surprise no one has died yet in an encounter with her." the black-haired boy joked. "And her partner Rei. Boy, what's up with him? Always sleeping and not caring about anything. What a useless person." the brown-hair boy stated. "Yeah, him and Minawe both. And she said that she's gonna become an A-Rank exorcist. What a joke." the black-hair boy mocked. Suddenly, the brown-haired boy took out a sheet of paper and crumbled it up into a paper ball. And just as Uyagiri and some nearby students weren't looking, the brown-haired boy threw the paper ball straight at Minawe's forehead. "Hehehehe." the two boys snickered.

-Meanwhile-

"Alright children settle down. We have a new classmate joining us today, and I want all of you to give him a warm welcome. And Hisao and Jun, I know how you two like to be mean to new kids but if I catch you two being mean to your new classmate then you'll be big trouble, got it?" Shiyo asked two young boys sitting near the back of the room. The boys seemed pretty roughly dressed. They had their jackets' sleeves rolled up and parts of their hair were dyed red. The seemed to be your typical juvenile delinquents. "Don't worry Prof. Shiyo, we'll be on our best behavior!" Hisao replied with a wide smile. It was clear that he was being sarcastic but Shiyo decided to let it slide. Then, the classroom door opened and walking inside was the blonde-haired man. Right as the man walked in, a young boy with medium-length blonde hair sitting near the middle of the class looked at him in surprise. "Hello Captain Nagamoto. I see our little friend is standing shyly outside. It's okay, you can come in." Shiyo bend over and said as she gave a smile to Isa.

First reluctant, Isa then gradually went inside on his own free will. Standing in front of the class near Shiyo, Isa was looking down shyly. "Why don't you introduce yourself to the class." Shiyo asked. "H-Hi, my name is Atsushi Fukunuma... but... P-Please call me Isamu or Isa..." Isa introduced himself. Adding a nickname to his introduction surprised both Shiyo and Captain Nagamoto. "(Isamu... I already broken one promise... As for the second promise... I will live out both of our lives...)" Isa thought. "Isa huh? It's nice to meet you. My name is Shiratori. Here, you can sit between me and Masanori." a younger, more happy and friendly, Shiratori offered with a pleasant smile. "Well look at that Isa. You're already making your first friend. I'm sure you'll fit into this class just fine." Shiyo smiled. "I'm sure you remember my name right Isa?" Shiyo asked. "Yes, Prof. Sakihara right?" Isa asked. "That's right. I'm glad you remember, and I'm also glad you're holding up well. So please take your seat Isa." Shiyo said. Giving a nod, Isa proceeded to his seat in between Masanori and Shiratori.

"Well then, I'll be going now. Good luck Isa." Captain Nagamoto said before walking out. Just before he walked out, Captain Nagamoto glanced at Masanori, the young boy with medium-length blonde hair. "Alright, class. You all know that today we'll be taking a special field trip to the forest, so are all of you excited?" Shiyo asked. "YEAH!" the whole class began cheering. "You probably didn't know Isa but today we get to go to the forest to research soul signatures. It's going to be really fun." Shiratori smiled. "That does sound fun. I actually really like the outdoors. I rarely get the chance to got outside." Isa stated. "Then this is your lucky day Isa. Hmm, hey Masanori, why so quiet?" Shiratori asked. "It's nothing..." Masanori replied, though by the look on his face, something was definitely wrong. "Is it because of your father?" Shiratori asked which prompted a reaction twitch from Masanori. "So it is about your father. Isa, did you know Captain Nagamoto is Masanori's father?" Shiratori asked which surprised Isa. "R-Really? I didn't know that. Well, Captain Nagamoto is a good person. And he's passionate about being a protector of justice." Isa said.

"Yep, that's Captain Nagamoto for you. The same can be said for Masanori here. He's really righteous himself." Shiratori teased. "Really? That's a good trait to have. I'm glad you have such a good influence Masanori-" Right after Isa had said that, Masanori interrupted. "Just shut up okay?! Leave me alone and stop talking about my father!" Masanori told the two before looking the other way. "I-I-" Before Isa could say anything, he was patted on the back by Shiratori. "Don't worry about it Isa. Masanori's just being a grouch. He always become grouchy when his father is mentioned." Shiratori explained. "Oh, I see..." Isa replied, his tone becoming a bit depressing.

[Present]

"(By the look on Tatsuya's face, I can tell that he knows what is needed to be done...)" Uyagiri thought to himself as he watched and analyzed Tatsuya's every movement. Then, Tatsuya turned off his sword's energy and Uyagiri's sword harmlessly flew by and landed a couple of feet away from the two. When it did landed, Uyagiri's sword impaled the ground cleanly, showing just how much force was behind that projectile attack rather than it being just Uyagiri flinging his sword towards Tatsuya's sword. In that moment, Uyagiri couldn't help but give a little smirk to see Tatsuya improving his energy control in such a little amount of time. It was another proud moment Uyagiri can add to his memories. However, the next moment not so much. As Tatsuya proceeded to turn back on the energy flow of his sword, nothing happened. This prompted a surprised look from Uyagiri. Tatsuya's other sword turned off as well and Tatsuya was left falling onto the ground with him proclaiming that he was out of energy.

Uyagiri took a normal stance and looked down at the tired Tatsuya. Tatsuya, exhausted from the long hours of continuous training, gradually fell asleep. Still looking at Tatsuya, Uyagiri then smiled and looked back up before placing his hand on his forehead. Shaking his head, Uyagiri let out a short snicker.

"This reckless idiot... Oh how you've grown..." Uyagiri proclaimed with the artificial sunlight beaming down on Tatsuya's face.

[3 years ago]

"Explain to me why I have to be here again." Rei sighed as he had his feet proped up on the desk he was assigned. Unlike the rest of the kids in the class who was only 12 or so, he was - ar at least appeared to be - about 15 or 16. To say he felt a bit rediculous in the room was an understatement. Beside him sat a young Minawe, though it would probably be hard to tell it was her due to the absence of her large breast. Infact, the younger Minawe was as flat as a board, and would remain so until she hit 15. As of now, unless she was wearing a skirt it would be quite difficult to tell she was a girl, especially since she also had her hair cut short and in a boyish style. Younger Minawe turned to face Rei, "Look you agreed to be my partner so you have to come too school just like I do." Rei grumbled and just went back to sleeping. This caused Minawe to face palm. "You could at least look like this is interesting."

When she didn't get a responce she knew she was speaking to a sleeping man. Minawe shook her head, "Out of all the demons I get stuck with it's one of he laziest of them all. Just great." In the front of the class she heard Shota yell he was excited about the trip, before Rikka put him down. "Hehehe, Shami is such a loser." She laughed. It was cut short when a paper ball hit her forhead. "What?" She mumbled looking up at the two boys that were laughing. She glared and stood up, "Hey! You shou-AHHH!!" As she was making her way around her own desk, her foot snagged one of the chair legs causing her to fall face first into the ground.

Rei only spared Minawe a glance before closing his eyes again, "Idiot."

Tatsuya was just relaxing in his seat with his feet kicked up onto his desk. He was trying to ignore how loud everybody else was being but it was kind of hard. He grumbled to himself, "Bunch of annoying idiots...they need to shut up once in a while. Maybe I should make them..." Just then a kid popping up next to him startled him and he fell back, hitting his head on the desk behind him. "God dangit!" At this age it wasn't only Minawe who was able to do those kinds of things to him. Stading back up and rubbing the back of his head Tatsuya looked at the kid. "Who are you and what do you want?" At least he's still just as uncaring about people that he'd be able to forget them so easily.

• 3 weeks later...

As Minawe fell to the ground face first, the two trouble making boys quickly covered their mouths and held back their urge to laugh out loud. Uyagiri then quickly ran over and helped Minawe up. "Minawe are you alright? You gotta be more careful." Uyagiri said. "Hehe, I knew that klutz would fall." the black-hared boy snickered at Minawe's clumsiness. Rikka, having seen them messed with Minawe, decided to give Minawe some payback. As the two boys were about to walk off, Rikka placed one finger to the floor and almost instantly, the floor began freezing in a trail heading towards the two boys. The trail of ice then reached the boys and as they took their next steps, the slippery floor caused them to fall over. "Ouch!" "Oof!" the two boys fell, one face first and the other butt first. Rikka then quickly took her finger off of the ground causing the thin layer of ice to quickly dissipate. "Humph, that's what you two idiots get..." Rikka smirked.

"W-What the? Are you two alright? What's with you kids being so clumsy today?" Uyagiri asked. Back at Tatsuya's side of things, after his subsequent fall, Tatsuya asked the boy who he was and what did he want. "Jeez, am I that forgettable? I'm Katsuo, I'm the one who had to cover for you last time when you beat up some of those delinquents during lunch." Katsuo explained. "Anyways, I heard some rumors that the delinquents you've beaten up are teaming up and are gonna pay you back today during the field trip. You better watch your back." Katsuo explained.

"*Sigh* Alright kids, now's time to get going on that field trip. So I want all of you to line up in a single-file line and-" Before Uyagiri could finish, most of the kids were already making their way out of the classroom. They were excited to finally be outside instead of being stuck sitting at a wooden desk all day. "H-Hey! Stop running! Jeez, these kids have way too much energy..." Uyagiri said before slumping towards the door. "Ahh yeah! Finally, I can stretch my legs!" Shota said excitedly. "You have legs? I wouldn't think you would have legs considering how short you are..." Rikka mocked. "Arrg, shut up!" Shota replied. "(Jeez, how can these two hate each other so much...?)" Shin thought with a sweat drop on his head. "Whatever we're doing today, I bet that you won't be able to do it, huh Minawe?" Shota teased Minawe on account of her being horrible at field practice.

As they talked, they arrived outside of the academy where a grey bus was awaiting them. "Alright kids, make sure to not stand up when the bus is moving and do not stick your hands and arms outside the window." Uyagiri told the students.

-Meanwhile-

Unlike Class-C, Class-A had already arrived at the field near the forest that borders Norvea City. "Alright class, today you will be using training dummies for your exorcism exercise. Each one of these dummies contain a small amount of a demon's soul and it's up to you to perform an exorcism to rid the dummies of the demon's soul. Since we are still in the basics of exorcism, you will form groups of three to perform the exorcism. Without further ado, do your best!" Shiyo told her students. Right away, Shiratori chose Isa and Masanori to be a part of his team. "Alright you two. It'll be us three. Any objections?" Shiratori asked. "No, I'm fine..." Isa replied. "Humph, I can do this by myself..." Masanori said before walking away. "I-Is it okay for Masanori to work by himself like that?" Isa asked. "Let him be alone for awhile to cool down. He's just mad that you mentioned his dad is all. Let's you and me start of the exorcism process and I'll have Masanori join in later." Shiratori explained.

Walking towards a dummy that no one was using, Masanori was determined to complete this exercise by himself. Suddenly, Hisao and Jun walked towards the dummy, prompting Masanori to stop walking. "What do you two want?" Masanori asked. "Argued with your friends huh Masanori?" Hisao asked with a wide grin. "That new kid, Isa, was it? He was with your dad wasn't he? Does that mean you got replaced?" Jun asked. "What did you say?" Masanori asked as he clenched his fists. "What are you gonna do Masanori? Fight us? With your skills, heh! We'll put you to the ground in less than three seconds." Hisao said. "Face it Masanori, your father's ashamed of you. You're weak. You can't become a Knight. You're better off leaving the academy." Jun stated.

"Ahem, I think this conversation's gone far enough." a voice came from behind Masanori. The voice came from Shiratori, who along with Isa, was standing behind Masanori. "Oh look, two more losers came to help out their friend. Isn't that nice?" Hisao said. "And you two aren't losers? Apparently you haven't seen your grades in your classes. You two are losers and idiots." Shiratori stated. "What did you say-" Hisao was about to charge at the three but he was soon held back by Jun. "Hisao, no need to waste your time fighting in the open like this. You'll just be stopped. We'll deal with these pathetic losers later." Jun proclaimed. "Well, if we're finished talking, then let's go Masanori, Isa." Shiratori said before grabbing Masanori's shoulder and leading him off. Isa, on the other hand, stood there for awhile and looked at the two delinquents. "What the hell are you looking at?" Hisao asked. "Y-You shouldn't talk about things like that. Masanori's not getting replaced by anyone. You two are idiots for saying that." Isa said. "Huh? You calling us idiots? Know your place newbie!" Hisao proclaimed before quickly delivering a punch to Isa's cheek, sending him flying back.

"Isa!" Shiratori ran over. "Don't f*ck with us kid or else the next time you won't be getting up." Hisao stated.

"Hmmm..." Tatsuya was trying to think of the time whwen this happened. He wasn't given enough details so it was hard to figure out which time during lunch that he beat up delinquents that Katsuo kid was talking about. But after a little bit of thought he finally remembered. "Oh yeah..." Katsuo then told Tatsuya about the rumor. He began to laugh. Wiping a tear away from his eye he said, "You honestly think I'd be worried about some wimps that feel they need to group up and attack a kid from behind to even stand a chance? That's the best joke I've heard all day!" Suddenly, his look turned a bit more serious. "If those idiots try anything I'll just destroy them all. Simple as that."

Uyagiri then told to the class that it was time to go and everybody began to rush out excited. "They're all too impatient..." Beginning to head out himself he kicked Shota through the doorwar. "Hey, Rikka who put a tree stump in the doorway?" He laughed before walking out ahead of them. Eventually arriving at the grey bus he got right on and took his seat. He'd give a death glare to anybody who asked to sit next to him. "Let's just get going already!"

Archived