Clannad

Brushfire

I can't believe there is no recent topic for this. I don't care how old it is. I mean damn, this should have it's own Stickied thread. Twice. Well, maybe not series one, but ~After Story~ definitely needs to. I love this series.

[IMG]http://www.animeultima.tv/uploads/anime_photo/watch-clannad-episodes-online-english-sub-thumbnailpic.jpg[/IMG]

Discuss the amazingness of Clannad.

[quote name='Lunar Origin' timestamp='1320181616' post='5611317']
Don't anyone dare spoil ANY story in this thread.
[/quote]

Yeah, I already made that mistake once... won't do it again. Everyone remember to use spoiler tags unless you're commenting in general or about a plotline that doesn't have much real significance (i.e. Fuko).

Btw, has anyone here played the visual novel? Was pretty good.

[quote name='Expelsword - 輝き' timestamp='1320270165' post='5613551']
Looks pretty yuri-tastic.
I'll probably avoid it for that.

[color=#fff0f5]/Their large eyes are adorable[/color]
[/quote]

No, you're completely wrong, except for the part I almost didn't see.

[/quote]

Yeah, this looks yuri tastic. / sarcasm

They may be moe-blobs, but I still like them.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJnIgZEfsbc[/media]

[/quote]

You've got to be kidding... it's not, I assure you... hell, even Google yuri and check to see if it's under it in any lists. ;-;

[quote name='~Batshit Insane VK~' timestamp='1320292725' post='5614323']
Brushfire, is it wrong for 3/4 doods to cry when watching this?
[/quote]

I cried during ~After Story~, the first and only time I ever have over a TV Show, and from what I hear a lot of others did too... so I'm going to say no, it seems quite normal for that to happen during this show. It really is an emotional rollercoaster. ;-;

Unless you meant it literally as in "is it okay for guys to cry over this", well I don't know, I doubt it's socially acceptable and I doubt I'll be admitting it to anyone I know in real life anytime soon, but it definitely happens.

[quote name='~Batshit Insane VK~' timestamp='1320188570' post='5611675']
Made me f***ing cry.
[/quote]

like a baby - in the AS - when the little girl died

I swear to god I cried for days - but I have 2 daughters - I was an emo wreck after that episode

Here let me help all of us grab the nearest napkin....

" But I want to go on the trip now daddy. Go on a trip with daddy..."

[quote name='Expelsword - 輝き' timestamp='1320352535' post='5615143']
Just a guess I made on the large number of girls in the image...
Perhaps I will watch it, then
[/quote]

I can see why you thought it, though. I mean, you could argue that the first series has elements of a harem in it but certainly not yuri. It's so much more than that.

This is the story of Raine. You see, Raine torrented all the episodes of Clannad and After Story. Raine watched said episodes. Raine finished the last episode of After Story. Raine couldn't speak and was bed-ridden from emotional and mental pain for a week. ...Raine was never the same

[quote name='Ṝaine™' timestamp='1320372072' post='5615969']
This is the story of Raine. You see, Raine torrented all the episodes of Clannad and After Story. Raine watched said episodes. Raine finished the last episode of After Story. Raine couldn't speak and was bed-ridden from emotional and mental pain for a week. ...Raine was never the same
[/quote]

I cried for about 6 episodes straight, and the next day was just living in my own world where everything was okay, where Ushio and Fuko would play. Oo it rhymes. But yeah lol, it left a brilliant impact on me and although this sounds strange it gave me a completely new outlook in life. I strived to be more like Tomoya, and for the most part that worked, so I was happier as I felt I was a better person. This show also gave me a horrible warped concept on love and relationships, one that I believed but nothing ever lasts, and now I'm way worse than what After Story did!

Archived