[Leaderboard] Sora Won

Alpakha

1. No spamming, flaming, trolling, etc. Will be reported on sight.

2. Post cards here. Card due date: 4/11/13

3. First to 3 votes wins. Voting ends: 4/18/13

4. Prize: 150 points and 1 rep

5. Both contestants will create a single card that supports any 1 archetype of his/her choice. Tell me what archetype you'll be supporting on this thread.

[spoiler=Sora's Card]

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist- Phoenix Warlord

{FIRE/Level 7/Beast-Warrior/Synchro/Effect}

1 FIRE tuner + 1 or more FIRE non-tuner monsters

Must first be synchro summoned, and cannot be special summoned by other ways. When this card is synchro summoned: You can send any number of "Fire Formation" spell/trap cards you control to the graveyard; this card gains 300 ATK for each, until the end phase. Once per turn: You can have this card lose 1000 ATK to target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target.

2500/1800[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kvn's Card]

xTXP95s.jpg

During either player's turn, You can banish this card and 1 other "Heraldic Beast" monster from your Graveyard to negate the activation of a Monster Effect or a Trap card. You can activate this effect of "Heraldic Beast Alphyn" only once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Sora: 2

Kvn: 1

[quote name="Philip J. Fry" post="6180013" timestamp="1365745378"]Sora, deadline is a couple hours....Since we're in different time ones, I'll give you the time I take to wake up tomorrow morning.[/quote] Shit, I almost forgot about this contest! Sorry. I'll have my card to you in a few hours.

I vote for Phoenix Warlord

I don't know how this "supports" Fire Fist in anyway seeing as they seem to be about spamming each other and their formations. This just consumes your formations and becomes a longer Dark End Dragon (well Dark End sends which makes it slightly better). I still don't see it hurting the Fire Fist. I see it being a superfluous and unused card.

As for the heraldic Beast. While the negation is great I am a tad confused. Between Heraldic Reborn and the Medallion Arts I would say Heraldic beast are all about keeping them in the graveyard. It seems like this card was made to have a setup when you use card troopers effect which doesn't directly support the archetype it supports the use of card trooper.

While Phoenix Warlord certainly isn't bad, I honestly think it's unnecessary for Fire Fists since they have Bear, who already fulfills the same purpose of trading in dead Fire Formations to pop monsters.

On the other hand, Alphyn seems like a great addition to Heraldic Beasts - the design is slightly questionable, but it's searchable by Leo and that negation is very useful and thus makes it quite playable. And while it's true that Heraldic Beasts have their best uses in the Gravyard - Reborn and Advanced Art - it's still a good payoff to stop a devastating move.

So my vote goes for Alphyn.

I keep revisiting this thread, I feel that my view here is below par. But it will be too bad to let this end with a draw.

Being the only lv 7 that Spirit can ss, alone is something. As I see it, Warlord turns all of your lv 4s into Bears (well semi-Bears), adding to the deck comeback power.

IMO Heraldic Beasts are alright now and only need a better set up than milling, Alphyn does not give them that nor does it improve what they already have. And it being a dark HB might be the best thing it has.

And that is all I can say. :s

I vote for Warlord.

Archived