[Leaderboard] 1v1 Zazu VS Kvn (VOTE NOW!)

Zazubat

Considering that I'm now at number 1 (tied atm) I gotta get me some more points! So get to it people!

1 .Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (May 14th) wins.
3. I hate lazy people, so no writtens, not even, nada.
4. I seem to forget to mention this, but I assumed it was obvious, that in the Leaderboard, you can't just be like "I vote for card A", nope Striker wants none of that crap. TL;DR, your vote must have a valid reason (and "I like the effect more/It's unbalanced isn't one).

5. Winner gets a 1-up, and a point in the Leaderboard

6. You see, I put the requirement down here so you would read all of it, HA! Anyway, the point is to make Ritual Monster (and Spell, you decide if it's needs one or not) for an Archetype which does not have a Ritual Monster (Gishki and Herald are like the only ones anyway, so shouldn't be hard).

[spoiler=My Card(s)]
Yes, I know the style doesn't match, and that the Ritual Monster is not actually Japanese Mythology. It's not the most easy thing in the world to find pictures of.

CircleoftheBeast-BujinSummoner.png
This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Bujin Blast - Akuma". You must also Tribute monsters you control or in your hand whose total Levels equal 4 or more. If this card is sent from the hand to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Bujin" card: You can add 1 Level 4 "Bujin" monster from your Deck to your hand, then discard 1 card.

BujinBlast-Akuma.png
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Circle of the Beast - Bujin Summoner". If this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Bujin" card: You can add 1 "Bujin" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can add 1 "Bujin" monster from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase of the turn you activate this effect, if you control this card: Discard 1 card.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kvn's Card(s)]
221962.jpg
221960.jpg
NOTE: This card is talking about adding to your hand from your Banished Zone.
[/spoiler]

I'm in, I'll have card after school.

Alrighty, I have accepted you. I see some people are using this card A and card B system for anonymity, should we use it here? I normally don't because I find no reason to, but just wondering which you prefer.

Alrighty, I have accepted you. I see some people are using this card A and card B system for anonymity, should we use it here? I normally don't because I find no reason to, but just wondering which you prefer.

I don;t really care whether you we do that or not. It's your choice.

I vote for the Gem Knight support

Mainly because the Bujin support doesn't have a once per turn clause on the end phase searching. It looks like it could be quite a dangerous loop with Yamato. 

...it does though: Once per turn: You can add 1 "Bujin" monster from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase of the turn you activate this effect, if you control this card: Discard 1 card.

I would like you to rethink your vote because of this. If you still feel this way, that is totaly fine, but not reading the cards right is not.

...it does though: Once per turn: You can add 1 "Bujin" monster from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase of the turn you activate this effect, if you control this card: Discard 1 card.

I would like you to rethink your vote because of this. If you still feel this way, that is totaly fine, but not reading the cards right is not.

I did read the card right though...

It was the effect of Akuma in hand that had me concerned. Yamato searches akuma, pitches ritual, which then searches akuma (or any of the monsters), then pitches akuma, who then searches for the ritual.

Yamato on field and and the ritual in hand just thinned your deck by 3. That's too excessive for me personally. 

In addition to that having both akuma and yamato on the field just sounds like an excessive amount of set-up for the Bujin archetype. In short my vote stays the same.

I did read the card right though...

It was the effect of Akuma in hand that had me concerned. Yamato searches akuma, pitches ritual, which then searches akuma (or any of the monsters), then pitches akuma, who then searches for the ritual.

Yamato on field and and the ritual in hand just thinned your deck by 3. That's too excessive for me personally. 

In addition to that having both akuma and yamato on the field just sounds like an excessive amount of set-up for the Bujin archetype. In short my vote stays the same.

Oh I see what you mean. Gulp, this might be another one of those where I lose because I hadn't seen the brokenness of something and should really have added a OPT clause to it. Anyway, I accept your vote.

1 for Kvn.

0 for me.

I don't see the problem here. I mean, yeah you are gonna get a lot of cards in the Grave like this, thinning your Deck out, but that isn't gonna help you out very much if you arn't going to make a move. It can do it once to one of your other Bujins if you wish, and TBH, that isn't that powerful really, as you still are gonna waste a lot of cards doing this. Now, on the other hand, there's card B, which allows you to SS any of their Level 4 or lower monsters from the Deck, basically making it a mini Rabbit, plus it can regain any of your Banished monsters after it's gone. I don't know much of those guys, but they are fusion yes? In that case, they're probably using Fusion Gate. I also found a semi-loop here. If you have 2 of these, and 1 of the Spell, you can keep on using this. Here's how it works: Use the Spell, and Tribute 1 of the Ritual Monster from your hand. Banish the Ritual Monster from your Grave to get back the Spell, Special Summon anything with the Ritual Monster, wait till the Ritual on the field is destroyed, add back your Ritual. Ritual Summon using the monster on the field/any other monster in your hand, Banish the Ritual Monster again, and you can do this until you cannot discard anymore. I think that it's more powerful to have this semi-loop, than to have a loop which doesn't do all that much. So I vote for Zazubat's Cards.

I will be voting for the Bujin support, since the Gem-Knight support seems to give a bit too much for what you're putting into it. The summon would be a -1 instead of a -2, since you're allowed to recycle your used resources in the Graveyard for the ritual. In addition, it has an effect that lets it pull out monsters from the deck, as well as one that recycles the material that you used for its initial summon. And to add to that, the ritual spell lets you recycle itself.

As for the Bujin, while having a once-per-turn search effect is questionable, they don't have the ability to produce and recycle as much as the Gem-Knight does. My vote will go to Zazubat.

Archived