[Leaderboard] Xyz 1v1 Codex VS Ambrosia (Finished)

.codex

Rules:

1. Normal Leaderboard rules.

2.Votes must have a valid reason.

3.No written cards are allowed.

4.Make an Xyz Monster that isn't a Rank 3, 4, 7 or 8.

5. Winner gets a like from the opponent.

Card A:

32502.jpg

2 Level 9 Psychic-type monsters

Must first be Xyz Summoned. Once per turn: You can detach and banish 1 Xyz Material from this card; Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent 's deck, then banish any monsters among them (the rest are returned to the deck). Your opponent must play with their hand revealed. If this card was Special Summoned from the Banished Zone; You can attach 1 monster in your Banished Zone to this card as an Xyz Material.

Card B:

223721.jpg

2 Level 6 monsters
You can detach all Xyz Materials from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 6 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard. This effect of "Colossus Dragon" can only be used once per turn. When this card attacks: You can Tribute any number of Dragon-Type monsters you control, or from your hand; this card gains 400 ATK for each of those monsters.

32502.jpg

2 Level 9 Psychic-type monsters
Must first be Xyz Summoned. Once per turn: You can detach and banish 1 Xyz Material from this card; Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent 's deck, then banish any monsters among them (the rest are returned to the deck). Your opponent must play with their hand revealed. If this card was Special Summoned from the Banished Zone; You can attach 1 monster in your Banished Zone to this card as an Xyz Material.

Well, here I go.

Vote for Colossus Dragon.

The other card is a Rank 9 Psychic Only, which is too much trouble to make and will almost always require some extra cards like Message in a Bottle/Tannhauser Gate or something. For the trouble you go through to make it, the effect really isn't worth it. While it's meant to lock down your opponent, it increases their chances of drawing something like Dark Hole, and the effect by itself doesn't cause your opponent loss of card advantage.

Colossus Dragon is clearly a Hieratic Spam card, and easily playable, and although I could see something like that getting restricted, I like it.

Vote for Colossus Dragon.

The other card is a Rank 9 Psychic Only, which is too much trouble to make and will almost always require some extra cards like Message in a Bottle/Tannhauser Gate or something. For the trouble you go through to make it, the effect really isn't worth it. While it's meant to lock down your opponent, it increases their chances of drawing something like Dark Hole, and the effect by itself doesn't cause your opponent loss of card advantage.

Colossus Dragon is clearly a Hieratic Spam card, and easily playable, and although I could see something like that getting restricted, I like it.

You got me! Anyway thanks for voting.

1-0 to me.

I would agree with Judas here regarding the difficulty to summon Card A. The only Level 9 Psychics are Hyper Psychic Blaster and Overmind Archfiend, so it would be quite a hassle to bring out, and even if you do bring it out, you've already wasted quite a few resources. Its effect is decent, but I still doubt that it's worth the trouble of getting it out. And even if you do, it has no immunities. On the other hand, Card B is effective, supports its targets well (Hieratics, of course).

So with that said, I have to give my vote to Card B.

Archived