Fraxure vs Codex (Start Voting!)

Daigusto Sphreez

Rules:

All leaderboard rules apply.

1st card to 3 votes wins, or that has the most votes by 23rd June.

Votes must be reasonable and explained. 

Requirements:

Make a card that involves discarding from the deck to the Graveyard.

Prize:

A rep/like from the loser.

The Cards:

[spoiler=Codex]

157lvyf.png

Lore:

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending the top 5 cards from your Deck to your Graveyard while you control no monsters. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target up to 5 of those cards; banish those targets, and if you do, this card’s name becomes 1 of them, and if it is a monster, this card’s Level Attribute, Type and Sub-Type become that card’s. Once per turn, if this card would be destoyed by your opponent’s card effect, you can send the top 5 cards from your Deck to your Graveyard instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fraxure]

No-DachiHorror_zps354def8d.png

Lore:

When this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, if it was a monster: Special Summon this card in Attack Position with the following effect: When a Zombie-Type monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, if it was a Zombie-Type monster; Special Summon it in Attack Position.

[/spoiler]

Card A:

I feel as though this would help Decks that don't need it (like LS, though they may just be better without it). This card provides a strong monster that passes the 2500 threshold that is easy to Summon and aids alot of Decks out there. It also banishes only up to, meaning in most cases you will only banish 1 if you see any point in doing so. I may have liked it a tad bit more if you had to banish 3 upon its Summon. The only thing I like about it is the fact it is Level 9, which helps that Level by adding an easily Summoned monster. I'm really opposed to voting for this card, even if the other card stunk. Luckily, it doesn't.

Card B:

I really like this card. The creativity and the flavor really appeal to me. Zombies doing what Zombies do best, getting the f*** back up to fight again. I don't know how a Zombie Deck would ensure this card is sent from the Deck to the Grave, but I guess Burial/Dust Knight (though it would slow the Deck), or another copy of this would work decent. You could just Normal Summon it/Mezuki it, so it is okay. Glad to see it isn't Nomi/Semi Nomi. The recurrsion is original and helpful to the Deck as a whole. The only thing I wish had been different would have to be what Level it is. We need more Lv. 5 Zombies, as the new Vampires are coming out and the Xyz requires Lv. 5 Zombies. I like seeing cards geared towards helping the real cards that are currently out and being used in meta/are on the way to being released/need a boost (in archetype terms).

My vote is for Fraxure, Card B.

Deckshocker's design seems iffy to me, since it can pretty much be dropped at no cost, and 2650 beaters that pop out of nowhere just don't seem good for the game. And its "costs" actually aren't costs, since in most cases, milling is beneficial. Though I am rather intrigued by it being Level 9, which allows for Galaxy Queen's Light shenanigans.

Nodachi's effect has quite a weird wording, since it doesn't really need the phrase "with the following effect". Nevertheless, the card seems rather situational, since there are a limited number of ways to send Zombies from the deck to the Graveyard that would actually contribute to them as a decktype - overall, they're more Graveyard-oriented. Nevertheless, the idea is nice, and the design, albeit not quite being what Zombies need, is solid and interesting.

So with that said, I will be voting for Card B.

Nodachi's effect has quite a weird wording, since it doesn't really need the phrase "with the following effect". Nevertheless, the card seems rather situational, since there are a limited number of ways to send Zombies from the deck to the Graveyard that would actually contribute to them as a decktype - overall, they're more Graveyard-oriented. Nevertheless, the idea is nice, and the design, albeit not quite being what Zombies need, is solid and interesting.

So with that said, I will be voting for Card B.

I would only want it to gain its latter effect if it is special summoned by its own effect, so wouldn't I word it like that? And if not, how else would I word it? :) 

And yeah I agree it's situational, but should its effect not work, I figured it could still make a half decent beatstick for the deck, making it nomi/semi nomi would have been a bad idea as Therrion said.

Anyway thanks for your vote! 

0-2 to my card. 

Ah, sorry - I didn't understand that it wouldn't have the effect if it were summoned by normal means. The way you want it to be, the wording would be:

"If this card was Special Summoned by its own effect, it gains the following effect: When a Zombie-Type monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, if it was a Zombie-Type monster; Special Summon it in Attack Position."

Archived