[Leaderboard] Zextra vs Ambrosia

Zextra

Rules:
• 1st card to 3 votes first wins, or that has the most votes by 8:00 PST on July 14th.
• Votes must be supported by valid reasoning

Requirements:
Make a new version of an existing underused/unplayable boss monster.

Prize:
1 Rep/Like

Voter Bonus:
Each successful, satisfactory vote earns the voter a rep!

Scoreboard:
Card A:
Card B:

[spoiler= Card A]
CXyz Inzektor King Exa-Hercules
Rank 7
DARK
Insect / Xyz / Effect
1000 / 1000
3 Level 7 DARK monsters
While this card remains face-up on the field: Negate the effects of non-DARK monsters that activate outside the field. If this card has ”Inzektor Exa-Stag” as an Xyz Material, this card gains these effects:
•Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Equip 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard to this card as an Equip Card: It gains ATK equal to half of the ATK of the equipped monster. Only 1 monster can be equipped to this card by this effect at a time. If this card would be destroyed: You can destroy 1 Equip Card equipped to this card instead.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card B]
Athena - Angelic Perfection
Rank 8
Fairy / Xyz / Effect
2800 / 1000
2 Level 8 Fairy-Type monsters
You can only control 1 “Athena, Angelic Perfection”. This card can only be Xyz Summoned during your Main Phase 1. You can use “Athena” as 1 of the Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon of this card. While you control another Fairy-Type monster, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card and detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 Level 8 Fairy-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed while it has an Xyz Material: You can Special Summon 1 Fairy-Type monster in your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

I do not have very much experience with Inzektors, but I very much doubt they will be broken by the first card, but I also doubt that anyone would actually want to play it. It's a CXyz, which normally need to be pretty good to actually be worth it. This card, well, it's alright I suppose, it is balanced enough with the ATK gain, the negate effects part is probably the thing most people are gonna like, it messes up a lot of stuff protection is also nice, and a must have for any equip archetype nowadays.. The second card, well, I don't really know if I like that you can just add a Level 8 Fairy. It's instant Hyperion, and sending that card to the Graveyard really isn't really a problem, since Fairies work in the Graveyard mostly. The fact that when it's destroyed, you can just revive Athena and make it again, get a Level 8, or just make it stand there and wait until it's destroyed again, and revive another one. You must likely won't waste ED space for it, but it's an annoying combo to face anyway.

Card A gets my vote.

Inzektor Exa-Stag is never used, and even with a Rank-up form it wouldn't be worth running. Also, regarding accuracy, Card A should be a Rank 6 since Exa-Stag is originally a Rank 5.
Card B actually helps the deck it's made for (boss fairies), and it adds some much-needed consistency to the deck. Zazu, honestly, the fact that it trades in a card for a Level 8 is what makes it golden, yet it's honestly not broken in the least. And it's SS effect is just an added bonus.

Overall, neither card is bad, but card B is far more practical to use, and gives the deck it's made for a nice boost. Card B gets my vote.

Archived