[LEADERBOARD] Me vs codex PLEASE START VOTING

Northern Sage

All YCM and Leaderboard rules apply.

-First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.

-All voters must elaborate on their reason for voting.

Deadline is August 12th.

Winner gets a rep from the loser.

All voters get reps.

Written cards are allowed.

The condition is to make a Rank-Up Magic card.

Card A:

Rank-Up-Magic Forces of Illusion

Normal Spell Card
If this card sent from your Deck to the Graveyard: Add it to your hand. Target 1 Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 "Number C" or "CXyz" monster of the same Type as that monster, but 1 Rank higher, and attach that monster (and its Xyz Materials, if any) to the Summoned monster as Xyz Material, then you can take control of 1 Xyz Monster your opponent controls until the End Phase.

Card B:

Rank-Up-Magic Chaos Force

Normal Spell Card

Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 "Number C" or "CXyz" monster with the same Attribute and 1 higher Rank by using that card as an Xyz Material, then you can attach 1 Xyz Monster whose name is written in that card's lore from your Extra Deck or Graveyard to the Summoned monster. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster). Once, while this card is in your Graveyard and you control an Xyz Monster with no Xyz Materials: You can attach this card to that monster as an Xyz Material.

Card A:
I expected both to be some form of search, but only this one has one that kind of is. It makes any mill attempt by your opponent worthless, and you can easily use cards like Card Trooper to get this card out. It probably isn't the best Rank-Up-Magic card in the world though, while the Xyz steal is neat, it isn't for very long, and you cannot really do much with it, other than maybe getting a Utopia OTK a little easier.

Card B:

I cannot say I like the design on this card. Basically, you're giving the Number C or CXyz Monster ANY monster that they might need for it, meaning that pretty much any Deck can use the card, and on top of that, it gets it from both ED and Graveyard, basically making the card never be useless (since if it was on the field, you would have that monster right there). If you NEEDED to do that, it would make it more balanced, since that would use up more ED space. On top of that, you give any Xyz Monster a free Material at all times, and since you can just put that card on that card after it is detached it doens't even matter that you have the "Once while this card is in the Graveyard" since that does NOTHING at all other than waste card text space.

EDIT: I also gotta mention, Attribute means that many many more Xyz Monsters are usable, if it was just type, it wouldn't be that bad again.

Card A is the obvious winner from me, the second card really is not good design at all.

Archived