Misty Aliens from the Fourth Dimension

Anti-Apocryphal

9Pgdfn5.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card can only be Summoned by Synchro Summon. When this card is Synchro Summoned: If your opponent controls no monsters, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your opponent's Graveyard in Defense Position; negate its effects. During each of your Standby Phases, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your opponent's Graveyard in Defense Position; negate its effects. If you Special Summon more than 3 monsters in this way: Destroy this card. As long as you control at least 2 monsters, your opponent cannot select this card as an attack-target. If you control 3 or more monsters: This card cannot attack. While this card is on the field: You cannot Summon monsters from your hand.

[spoiler="Other Information"]

As you can see, this card was originally made in 2011. I have retweaked its effect, and I have a specific purpose in mind for this card. In addition, this is a custom image of mine made several years ago (please do not use).

I've tried to remember OCG to the best of my ability, although "attack-target" might just be "attack target," however, I am unsure about that.[/spoiler]

OCG suggestion, since you mentioned it.

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. When this card is Synchro Summoned: If your opponent controls no monsters, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your opponent's Graveyard in Defense Position, and negate its effect(s). During each of your Standby Phases, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your opponent's Graveyard in Defense Position, and negate its effects. If you Special Summon more than 3 monsters in this way: Destroy this card. While you control 2 or more monsters, your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. If you control 3 or more monsters: This card cannot attack. While this card is on the field: You cannot Summon monsters from your hand.

These are all pretty semantic and your original text wasn't wrong in any way. This is just more consistent with existing cards. 

Edit: I forgot to actually discuss the card. Your image is very good. The effect is interesting, very splash able and very versatile. As a level 8 Synchro, it's very easy to summon - probably too easy. It might be worth making it Reptile-type instead of Fairy-type. On that note, have you considered that Alien support cards would apply to this card? 

Edit2: I didn't notice the last Continous effect. Looks pretty good, in that case. Situational and self-limiting, even if it splashable. 

OCG suggestion, since you mentioned it.

These are all pretty semantic and your original text wasn't wrong in any way. This is just more consistent with existing cards. 

Edit: I forgot to actually discuss the card. Your image is very good. The effect is interesting, very splash able and very versatile. As a level 8 Synchro, it's very easy to summon - probably too easy. It might be worth making it Reptile-type instead of Fairy-type. On that note, have you considered that Alien support cards would apply to this card? 

Edit2: I didn't notice the last Continous effect. Looks pretty good, in that case. Situational and self-limiting, even if it splashable. 

Thanks for the OCG stuff, I'm still trying to work my way back into it. I completely forgot the '(s)' part of 'effect(s).'

So there are actually sets of current cards that would go to support it? In that case, I'd have to look at them (I'm a classic Yu-Gi-Oh! person, not really into any of the new stuff). I'd be interested to know how they might affect this card.

Just throwing this out here: I don't know how my original idea went over, but initially the purpose of this card wasn't for it to be the attacker: Rather, it's point was to eventually summon one after it's destruction (three monsters of your choice Lv. 4 and below could lead to a hefty Xyz Summon- as explained in a moment), assuming the other monsters don't get destroyed first (which is where I could say it balances the card [then again, Misty Aliens from the Fourth Dimension can attack if there's only one other monster on your side of the field, and with 2900 ATK, that can lead to a nice range of monsters to be taken out; at the same time, that should allow for 3 monsters to be summoned so Misty Aliens from the Fourth Dimension can be destroyed, which could lead to a nice- as I said before- Xyz Summon]).

Archived