Blackwing - Dreius the First Quarter

ems97

Okay since there were moon phases on Blackwings, I decided to do the first quarter of the moon. Also, this is my first time photoshopping and I'm using paint.net.

a9M495m.jpg

If you control a "Blackwing" monster other than "Blackwing - Dreius the First Quarter", you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When Summoned this way; you can decrease the Level of this card (min. 1). Once per turn during either player's turn, target 1 "Blackwing" monster you control; that target cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Original image: https://www.pinterest.com/d7cripps/crows-ravens/

• 1 month later...

"Blackwing - Dreius the First Quarter" is a very good addition to the Black Feathers' family. Its dark appearance due to its presence in space matches the theme and name of the card, however Blackwings are usually more earthly-like creatures. In addition, without underrating the monster's attitude, it would look more realistic if there were some signs of movement (for example, the one foot leaning forward and the hands making an angle to the front).

Refering to its effects: Special Summoning included (a usual plus to Blackwings). Changing its Level (really helpful for necessary Synchro, or possibly Xyz, Summoning). Protecting a Blackwing from destruction (a decent protection for the archetype, leaving some room for different type of Spell/Trap cards' uses). There seem to be one OCG error in the sentense below though: 
<
Once per turn during either player's turn, target 1 "Blackwing" monster you control>
It is not specified when you can target 1 "Blackwing" monster (e.g. when a Spell Card activates/during the Main Phase etc.), also it doesn't let you choose when to target. 
It should be written like this: <...
either player's turn, you can target 1 "Blackwing" monster ...>
Alternatively, you can say what can trigger this effect, e.g. <...either player's turn, when an effect is activated that would destroy a card(s), target 1 "Blackwing" monster ...>
Another point I noticed is the <(min. 1)> on the card's effect. Although it is not wrong in meaning or syntax, it is pointless to mention (because the least amount of Level you can decrease is obviously 1). Instead of this, you can omit it or say another restriction, like (max. 2) or (min. 2).

Overall, a well-designed card with some well-made effects that could make a difference to the game. With a few tweaks here and there, it can easily become an excellent card.

Archived