(Written) Deadly to the Touch - Venom Clan (16/16)

Malacoda-Eviltail

Inspired by the cult kung fu film, Five Deadly Venoms, this theme of DARK Fiend monsters depict a malevolent clan of martial artists giving up their own humanity to master techniques to poison and kill all who oppose them, even willing to sacrifice a comrade or other in the pursuit of this goal. In game-play terms, these monsters' Summons are toxic to the opponent with targeted monsters losing their ATK and DEF by 500 while the members also have Tribute effects to trigger some other nasty surprises. As per usual, all opinions, comments, thoughts and such are welcomed.

Suzumebachi of the Venom Clan
Level: **** (4)
Type: Fiend/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1400
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. During either player’s turn, if the effect of a face-up Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can Tribute this card, and if you do, negate the activation, and if you do that, destroy it.

Jorou of the Venom Clan
Attribute: DARK
ATK: 1100
DEF: 1600
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 “Venom Clan” monster in your hand or you control, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; gain control of that target until the End Phase, but any battle damage it inflicts is halved.

Gama of the Venom Clan
ATK: 1000
DEF: 1800
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. You can Tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 “Venom Clan” monster from your Deck or Graveyard, except “Gama of the Venom Clan”. You can only use this effect of “Gama of the Venom Clan” once per turn.

Dokukage of the Venom Clan
DEF: 1600
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF.  If you control a face-up “Venom Clan” monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You cannot Special Summon any monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except "Venom Clan" monsters.

Naja of the Venom Clan
ATK: 1800
DEF: 1200
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can add 1 “Venom Clan” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Naja of the Venom Clan”.

Sasori of the Venom Clan
ATK: 1700
DEF: 1500
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. During either player’s turn, if the effect of a face-up monster activates: You can Tribute this card, and if you do that, negate the activation, and if you do that, destroy that monster.

Kaeru of the Venom Clan
DEF: 1300
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. During your Main Phase: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Venom Clan" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position, but its effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Kaeru of the Venom Clan" once per turn.

Kurage of the Venom Clan
Level: * (1)
Type: Fiend/Tuner/Effect
ATK: 500
DEF: 600
Text: When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can increase the Level of all face-up “Venom Clan” monsters you currently control by 1, until the End Phase.

Okoze of the Venom Clan
Level: ***** (5)
Type: Fiend/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 2400
DEF: 1400
Text: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 ATK and DEF. During either player's Battle Phase, if an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Tribute 1 other "Venom Clan" monster in your hand or you control; negate that attack. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Orochi of the Venom Clan
Level: ******* (7)
Type: Fiend/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 2700
DEF: 2000
Text: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Venom Clan" monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: Halve the original ATK of all other monsters currently on the field. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can Tribute 1 "Venom Clan" monster in your hand or you control; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only control 1 "Orochi of the Venom Clan".

Mukade of the Venom Clan
Type: Fiend/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 2300
DEF: 2300
Text: 2 or more Level 4 “Venom Clan” monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: All face-up monsters your opponent currently controls lose 400 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to this card. During your Battle Phase, if your opponent controls a monster after this card's first attack, this card can make a second attack. During each of your End Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

Loyalty to the Venom Clan
Attribute: SPELL
Type: Normal Spell
Text: Add 1 “Venom Clan” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 “Loyalty to the Venom Clan” per turn. If this card is in your Graveyard, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card, then target 1 “Venom Clan” monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Mantra of the Venom Clan
Type: Continuous Spell
Text: All face-up “Venom Clan” monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. Each time a “Venom Clan” monster(s) you control is Tributed by a card effect: You can target 1 Set Card on the field; destroy that target. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 “Venom Clan” monster from your Graveyard.

Ruined Dojo of the Venom Clan
Type: Field Spell
Text: All face-up "Venom Clan" monsters on the field gain 200 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Venom Clan" monster in your hand or you control; draw 1 card, then if that card is a "Venom Clan" monster, you can reveal it and Special Summon it. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Shuffle 3 "Venom Clan" cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, except "Ruined Dojo of the Venom Clan".

Phantom Sting of the Venom Clan
Attribute: TRAP
Type: Normal Trap
Text: When a “Venom Clan” monster you control is sent from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard this turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to  that target. The equipped monster loses 800 ATK and DEF, also its effects are negated. When this equipped card leaves the field, destroy the equipped monster.

Lethal Technique of the Venom Clan
Attribute: TRAP
Type: Counter Trap
Text: When a Spell/Trap Card is activated while you control a “Venom Clan" card: Negate that activation, and if you do, destroy that card. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Tribute 1 “Venom Clan” monster you control; Set this card from your Graveyard, but banish it when it leaves the field.

First off, just by a quick glance the archtype looks really good. I would definitely run this as a deck. Anyways, lets get into each specific card and then we can talk about amazing support cards.

Monsters

I like that all of them have the same first effect, I think that it is well balanced and would be really aggravating.

Suzumebachi - Tributes itself to negate a spell/trap, I like it. Negation is always important to have in a deck and suiciding itself is a good cost.

Jorou - Would be really nice if they had two big beaters, tribute a venom clan, take the one with the higher atk and ram it into the one with lower atk to get rid of one of them and then possibly syncro or tribute summon something on top of it to clear two big beaters at once. I like it a lot.

Gama - This one is really interesting, you can summon it and get its first effect then tribute it to SS naja(1800atk) and reduce an opps monster by 500 again so you get an 1800 atk monster and reduce an opps by 1000 to atk over something big. I like this one a lot too.

Dokukage - a staple effect in most archtypes these days, I like the effect since it’s a goodie and an oldie.

Naja - always good to have a monster as a searcher, good when comboed with gama as mentioned before. Might consider running an equip spell or two as tech for this card to boost it’s atk up for a search.

Sasori - Not sure if this is OP or not since you dont run into too many negate and destroys for monsters these days. I dont think it’s op, I like it.

Kaeru - a mix of Noden and Altair, I like it. Great for a 1 turn xyz play. Another staple effect card for any new archtypes these days.

Kurage - so if you use it’s eff you get the lvl 7 syncro out and if you dont you get the lvl 5 syncro out. Fair enough I guess.

Okoze - Pretty good effect, negate atks and piercing, but not overpowered. Good to go into in any situation just to use up kurage.

Orochi - IMO I dont see why you would ever not go into this. Much better than Okoze being able to negate any kind of effect, only downside is no pierce but that’s kinda whatever.

Mukade - can be really strong if you use 5 mats to summon. I dont think it’s broken at all though, I like the double atk on monsters only thing. and detach each EP is good.

Spells/Traps

Loyalty to the Venom Clan - searcher with a grave eff, I like it. 2x use out of it and it’s not op at all.

Mantra of the Venom Clan - so much yes, run at 2 or 3 even, they use a card eff? monster eff to negate and then it was tributed by its own eff so you use this card’s eff to pop a set. Could also be good in a Venom Clan + Artifact deck.

Ruined Dojo of the Venom Clan - as far as field spells go this is pretty good. I like that it’s when it leaves the field and not when it is destroyed because this means you can play a field spell over it to get that effect off.

Phantom Sting of the Venom Clan - Balanced, but idk if I would run more than 1 since it’s just not that good in most situations.

Lethal Technique of the Venom Clan - Awesome negate card. Really like it.

CARDS TO TECH

Venom Swamp - you already reduce atk so this would bring it’s destruction effect on faster, plus your cards count as “venom” cards so they are uneffected.

Snake Deity’s Command - your monsters are “venom” cards so you can reveal one of them and have another negate trap, sadly it can only negate spells, but it would be great against nekroz to have more negates for their bullshrimp.

Venom burn and ambush fangs are both able to be used, but they arent very good. Although with your monsters being unneffected by venom counters you could build up a lot of them and use venom burn.

Any generic rank 4 support is also good for this deck obviously.

Overall I really like this archtype. Good work! keep producing sets like this :D

Archived