Rapture Ritual

Atypical-Abbie

A rather strange card, it's a OPD card that Ritual Summons any monster from the hand or Graveyard, but you must banish all monsters from your Deck face-down and you cannot draw while that monster is on the field. I don't typically make OPD cards, so my design choices may not be ideal here, but I thought it was an interesting idea regardless. Just some notes, you will be required to show the cards in your Deck to prove that you banish monsters face-down, and not any other card, and that you don't have any other left in your Deck.

em3JFgv.jpg

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any 1 Ritual Monster. You must also banish all monsters (min. 1) from Deck face-down so that you have 15 or less cards in your Deck, then Ritual Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or Graveyard, but if it leaves the field, shuffle all of your face-down banished cards into the Deck, also you cannot draw cards while that monster is on the field. You can only activate 1 "Rapture Ritual" per Duel.

Very interesting card, but its limitations are too heavy for what it does.

The 10 cards left in your Deck clause makes it a dead draw until near the end of the duel (unless you're running a huge amount of monsters)

The drawing restriction will make you lose. You'll sacrifice way too much hand (and therefore field) advantage than 1 monster is worth, unless your opponent kills it within a couple turns, and in that case what was the point.

The only non-Nekroz Rituals strong enough to warrant the use of this card are probably Tarotray Sibylla (which locks you to the niche of flip monsters) and Demise, King of Armageddon (who's steep 2000 LP effect price might be beyond payable by the point this card can be used). Not to mention, both can be brought back from the grave with a simple call of the haunted.

The biggest deal breaker though is the no-banished monsters clause. Removal by banishment is prevalent in the current meta, and if your opponent has ever so much as bottomless'd you, this card is now dead weight.

Although the card is rather weak/overrestricted in its current form, the OPD clause is good for a card with this kind of scope, and I can really feel what it's supposed to be like, but it seems like you went too far trying to balance it.

TL;DR: restrictions/downsides on use too heavy

Very interesting card, but its limitations are too heavy for what it does.

The 10 cards left in your Deck clause makes it a dead draw until near the end of the duel (unless you're running a huge amount of monsters)

The drawing restriction will make you lose. You'll sacrifice way too much hand (and therefore field) advantage than 1 monster is worth, unless your opponent kills it within a couple turns, and in that case what was the point.

The only non-Nekroz Rituals strong enough to warrant the use of this card are probably Tarotray Sibylla (which locks you to the niche of flip monsters) and Demise, King of Armageddon (who's steep 2000 LP effect price might be beyond payable by the point this card can be used). Not to mention, both can be brought back from the grave with a simple call of the haunted.

The biggest deal breaker though is the no-banished monsters clause. Removal by banishment is prevalent in the current meta, and if your opponent has ever so much as bottomless'd you, this card is now dead weight.

Although the card is rather weak/overrestricted in its current form, the OPD clause is good for a card with this kind of scope, and I can really feel what it's supposed to be like, but it seems like you went too far trying to balance it.

TL;DR: restrictions/downsides on use too heavy

Yeah, it may be too restrictive, but that is kind of the point, as you are going to use this to win a the duel, not bring out a monster you can sit on for a few turns. Also, CotH can't revive all Ritual Monsters, plus if they were sent to the Graveyard without first being Ritual Summoned it can't Summon those either. I think I may remove the "You must have no banished monsters to activate and to resolve this effect." part and up the monsters to 15 instead.

Archived