Heiress of the Ice, Freya

DoctorMiracle

RoMNrsR.jpg

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by banishing 2 WATER or 2 Spellcasters from your graveyard. If this card is special summoned this way, you can place Ice Counters or Spell Counters equal to the amount of monsters on the field to this card depending on the monster banished. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Counter from this card to activate either effect:
*Ice Counter: Spell/Trap Cards cannot be activated for the rest of the turn. Then, add 1 card from your deck
*Spell Counter: You can activate Spell/Trap cards from your graveyard but banish it when you do.​

Discuss down below.

Seems like an interesting card for being able to manipulate both Spell Counters and Ice Counters. Banishing 2 Water or 2 Spellcasters... What if Freya banishes herself or a monster that is both a Spellcaster and Water-Atrribute?

I'm a little confused on this wording:

"you can place Ice Counters or Spell Counters equal to the amount of monsters on the field to this card depending on the monster banished."

I'm assuming if the monster was Water-Attributed,it gets an Ice Counter. Spellcaster gives it Spell Counters. Again, not sure what would happen if a monster banished is both Spellcaster and Water-Atributed.

So Ice Counter removal = S/T cannot be activated this turn. Maybe change the wording to Set cards cannot be activated this turn, or atleast all other S/T effects on the field are negated this turn... Wait... What is that?

"Then, add 1 card from your deck"

What? A free search for ANY card? Thinking Pepe and Pendulum Magicians using this card to add Raigeki and then pend a bunch of beaters for a OTK. And it can be activated more than once if you have multiple copies of Freya? 

:444818_key:

This is rather hefty. Searching for ANY card is quite a big deal in Yu-Gi-Oh. Given her Summoning Conditions, it could be more balanced if you change the eff to "You can only use 1 effect of "Heiress of the Ice, Freya" once per turn.

Well, time to take a look at the second eff.

...1 Spell Counter to activate S/T in your graveyard...

._.

Bro... Multiple Raigeki. Multiple One Day of Peace. Multiple Solemn Warning. So what happens to Continuous Traps and Spells?

Also, you can activate them all, not just once. So basically, any spell I play in my hand can be used again in the same turn, just because I can activate it. Spellbooks would abuse this card too much.

Maybe tone the second effect down to "You can activate 1 S/T in your grave, but banish it after activation."

Version 1:

"This card cannot be Normal Summon/Set. This card can only be Special Summoned (from your hand?) by Banishing 2 WATER or Spellcaster-type Monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is summoned: Placed Ice counters or Spell counters  on this card equal to the number of monster you currently control, you either must placed Ice counter only if you banished WATER monster to summon this card OR Spell counter if you banished Spellcaster-type monster (if you banish WATER Spellcaster-type monster, you must choose which counters to placed) . Once per turn you can remove 1 counter from this card, then based on name of the counter removed by this effect you can activated 1 of the following effect: ● Ice counter:  Neither Player can active Spell/Trap card for the rest of this turn, also add 1 card from your Deck to your Hand. ● Spell counter: You can active Spell/Trap card(s) other than Equip, Field, Continuous Spell/Trap card(s) from your Graveyard this turn. and if you do banish it when its effects resolve"

Version 2:

"This card cannot be Normal Summon/Set. This card can only be Special Summoned (from your hand?) by Banishing 2 WATER or Spellcaster-type Monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is summoned: Placed Ice counters or Spell counters  on this card equal to the number of monster you currently control, you either must placed Ice counters only if you banished WATER monster to summon this card OR Spell counters if you banished Spellcaster-type monster (if you banish WATER Spellcaster-type monster, you must choose which counters to placed) . Once per turn you can remove 1 counter from this card, then based on name of the counter removed by this effect you can activated 1 of the following effect: ● Ice counter:  Neither Player can active Spell/Trap card for the rest of this turn, also add 1 card from your Deck to your Hand. ● Spell counter: You can place Spell/Trap card(s) on the field from your Graveyard and activated it this turn. and if you do banish it During the End Phase or when its effects resolve"

Despite being a Nomi,its still a quite easy to summon monster. super low stat and niche typing (500/500, Level 3, WATER, Spellcaster) is not tone down this card at all (especially since you can use another copy to summon this copy). and as above member have mention its effect is worrying level potent. its Ice counter effect its basically scream "i can use all my S/T to combo first, then i lock them up and on top of that i get to search anything i want" (although to be fair maybe its my fixes making it to seemingly potent and/or your real intention is prevent S/T use on your self. i take my grain of salt on this, but next time you must clearly specify whose player is affected). second counter effect is is equally potent if not lesser than its 1st effect. the difference between the 2 version is Version 2 enabling Equip, Field, Continuous S/T to be used (again if that what you truly want) while adding a bit of restriction of needing to have an empty card zone first. but its still almost overpower since other that banishment drawback, again...you can active those S/T at least Twice which almost mitigate its Lock and search effect in previous turn if you use it

Archived