[Written] The Return of Worms

Sluggaholic

Did you think a small defeat at the hands of Trishula and the Genex would stop the Worm Army? Of course not! These tenacious monsters, even without Zero, refuse to ever fall again! Having lain dormant within the Planet, these creatures have survived the fall of Zero, and now roam what remains of Duel Terminal, slowly re-conquering the destroyed planet...

- - - - -

Any and all feed back would be great. I will only be adding Extra Deck monsters here, since the Worms had something going on with how they're named, and simply adding the monsters I will shall severely ruin their name scheme (hence why no more Worms will be made. rip)

- - - - -

(XTRA) Monsters:

Awakened Worm Scout*
[FUSION] - Level 7 - LIGHT Attribute / Reptile-type

2 LIGHT Attribute Reptile-type "Worm" Monsters
When this card is Special Summoned, you can set this card. If you do, draw one card. When this card is flipped face up, including due to being attacked, it gains 400 ATK and 1000 DEF, then, you can add one Level 4 or lower Reptile-type "Worm" monster from your deck to your hand. If this card would be destroyed while it's face-down by a card effect, you can flip it face-up: it's not destroyed, and you can target two Spell or Trap cards your opponent controls: destroy them. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can banish it; Special Summon one of the cards used for its Fusion Summon (if it was summoned this way) and add the other to your hand. You may only control one "Awakened Worm Scout" at a time, even if "Awakened Worm Scout" is face-down on the field. This card is treated as a "Worm" card.

2400 ATK / 1800 DEF

Awakened Worm Fury Warrior*
[FUSION] - Level 8 - LIGHT Attribute / Reptile-type

3 LIGHT Attribute, Reptile-type "Worm" Monsters
When this card is Special Summoned, you can set this card. If you do, negate the effects of all face-up Effect Monsters on the field besides "Worm" Monsters you control until the end of the turn.. When this card is flipped face up, including due to being attacked, you can target one card your opponent controls and one card you control destroy the card controlled by your opponent and banish the card you owned. Once per turn, you may banish a "Worm" monster from your Graveyard; this card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn, but this card cannot attack your opponent directly. This card is treated as a "Worm" card.

2700 ATK / 1700 DEF

Awakened Worm Xegan*
[FUSION] - Level 10 - LIGHT Attribute / Reptile-type

"Worm Xex" + "Worm Yagan"
When this card is Special Summoned, you can set this card. If you do, you can return cards on the field, up to the number of "Worm" cards you control, to their owner's hands. When this card is flipped face up, including due to being attacked, you can send one "Worm" monster from your deck to the Graveyard, then, if it was Level 6 or higher, you may Special Summon it. While face-up on the field, this card's name is treated as "Worm Xex". If this card would be destroyed by a card effect while face-down on the field, you may flip this card face up: return this card to the Extra Deck, but you may not Special Summon from the Extra Deck until the End Phase of the turn after this effect was used. You may only control one "Awakened Worm Xegan", even if this card's face-down. This card is treated as a "Worm" card. 

3000 ATK / 2000 DEF

Awakened Worm True Ruler*
[FUSION] - Level 12 - LIGHT Attribute / Reptile-type

3 Level 8 or higher "Worm" Monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be summoned any other way. When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can destroy cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of Fusion Materials used for this card's Summon, and if you do, you can add one "W Nebula" card from your Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, if this card would be targeted for an attack, or by an opponent's card effect: you can negate that attack or card effect, then set this card. When this card is flipped face-up, you can Special Summon one "Worm King" or "Worm Queen" card from your Hand to the field, and for the rest of the turn, it's unaffected by your opponent's card effects. You may only control one "Worm" Fusion Monster at any given time this card is on the field, even if "Awakened Worm True Ruler" is face-down.

3300 ATK / 2500 DEF

Awakened Worm Zerocarnation
[FUSION] - Level 12 - LIGHT Attribute / Reptile-type

5 or more LIGHT Attribute, Reptile-Type "Worm" Monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be summoned any other way. This card's summon cannot be negated When this card is Fusion summoned, you must pay 4000 Life Points: destroy all cards your opponent controls, and send all cards in their hand to the graveyard. Then, shuffle "Worm" or "W Nebula" cards from your Graveyard or Banished zone, up to the number of cards sent to the grave by this effect, into your deck, then draw two cards. You cannot Summon other monsters besides level 4 or lower "Worm" Monsters (this includes setting cards). Once per turn, you can pay half your life points, shuffle all cards besides this one into their owner's decks. This card is shuffled into the Extra Deck the fourth End Phase after it's summoned. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's cards. This card's effects cannot be negated. This card's attack is equal to the combined attacks of the cards used for its summon. This card is treated as a "Worm" card.

? ATK / 3500 DEF 

[ABANDONED]

- - - - -

Spell Cards

Zero's Remnants*
Normal Spell

Discard one card, and add two Level 4 or lower "Worm" monsters from your Deck to your hand. If the card you discarded was Level 8 or higher, you can also add one "W Nebula Meteorite" from your Graveyard to your hand. You may only use one Zero's Remnants per turn, and cannot Special Summon from the Extra Deck the turn you use this card.

W Nebula Comet*
Quick-Play Spell

Only one "W Nebula Comet" may be used per turn. When a "Worm" card you control would be targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can set the targeted card, and if you do, negate that card's effect's activation. During your End Phase you can activate one of these effects:

*Draw up to two cards, but pay 700 Life Points for each card drawn by this effect.

*Banish two "Worm" Monsters from your Graveuard and add this card to your hand. You must skip your next Draw Phase.

W Nebula Asteroid Belt*
Field Spell

All LIGHT Attribute, Reptile-type "Worm" Monsters you control gain 300 ATK. Once per turn, you can discard a card to set all face-up monsters you control OR pay 1000 Life Points to set Monsters your opponent controls equal to the number of "Worm" monsters you control. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a monster declares an attack, you can negate the attack, and add one "Worm" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this card is destroyed, you can Fusion Summon one "Worm" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using cards you control, but if you do, you may not use any other effect of this card for the rest of the turn. This card's owner cannot activate Pendulum Scales while this card is on the field.

Worm Mitosis*
Normal Spell

Fusion Summon one LIGHT Attribute monster from your Extra Deck using cards you cards you control and cards in your hand. If you control no monsters, or all monsters you currently control are face-down, you can use monsters in your Deck to preform the Fusion Summon, but you may not use more than three monsters for the summon.. Once per turn, if a "Worm" Fusion monster you currently control would be destroyed, you can banish this card: that card is not destroyed. You can shuffle one "Worm" Monster from your Graveyard into your deck to add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You may not Special Summon monsters the turn you use any of this card's effects besides "Worm" monsters, and you may only use one effect of this card per turn, and only once that turn.

Worm Emergency Evolution*
Quick-Play Spell

Target one LIGHT Attribute, Reptile-type "Worm" Monster on the field: Special Summon one LIGHT Attribute "Worm" Monster from your Extra Deck that's up to three levels higher than the targeted monster, and banish the monster targeted by this effect. This Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon. During your End Phase, banish the monster summoned by this effect, even if it is face-down. Depending on how high the level of the monster was, activate an effect accordingly:

*1 Level: You lose 1000 Life Points

*2 Levels: You lose 1000 Life Points and must banish one card from your Graveyard and hand. If you have no cards in your hand, banish a card from your Extra Deck.

*3 Levels: You lose 2000 Life Points, must banish one card from your Graveyard and hand, and must banish a Spell or Trap from your deck. If you have no cards in your hand, you lose an additional 3000 Life Points.

- - - - -

W Nebula Asteroid*
Normal Trap

When this card is activated, you may set all face-up monsters on the field face-down, and if you do, draw cards equal to the amount of LIGHT Attribute monsters set by this effect, but you may only draw a maximum of two cards by this card's effect. Then, if 2 or more "Worm" Monsters were set by this effect, you may add one "W Nebula Meteorite" From your deck to your hand.

Zero's Hand*
Quick-Play Trap

If your opponent would Special Summon a monster(s): pay 1500 Life Points and banish a "Worm" card and a "W Nebula" from your deck; negate the Special Summon(s) destroy them, if you can. 

- - - - -

EDIT: 3 / 11 / 16 - Extreme overhaul of Archetype to balance overpowered cards.

Notable changes:

*All levels of Fusion Monsters have been changed and all card text for the archetype has had a massive overhaul

*Attempt to stabilize "Worm Mitosis" by capping number of "Worms" possible to send.

*May no longer use Pendulum Scales with "W Nebula Asteroid Belt"

*Hard OPT on Zero's Remnants and cannot Special Summon from Extra Deck

*REMOVAL OF "Awakened Worm Zerocarnation" FROM ARCHETYPE ENTIRELY; completely overpowered and could NOT be overhauled  

Kk, CnC time.

Awakened Worm Scout: A level 5? Wut? And it requires 3 worms to summon? Did you put up a wrong level? This card is like, really powerful. It can become a 3400 beatstick, and if it would be destroyed by a card effect, it makes your opponent go -2. Not only that, when its sent to the graveyard, no matter how, it gets to special its materials back face-down. Plus, his first effect also allows you to draw cards. =l

I strongly recommend re-editing this card. A worm-scout like this has like a worm-god effect. Now I dread the rest...

Awakened Worm Fury Warrior: Well, my gut instinct was right... Way too powerful. Like Scout, although not as good as scout, this card confused me to the point that I almost abandoned my CnC. A walking Skill Drain, a double attacker, and its first effect confused me because I'm assuming if the name of the material used to summon him was the same as the one you banished, his effect would go off. Not to mention, the same effect as scout in terms of bringing its materials back. There needs to be much improvement on grammatical corrections...

Awakened Worm Xegan: My God. Another monster without any OPT limitations. Bro, you just created an infinite loop for this card by saying it gets Special Summoned back whenever it gets tributed. Cannon Soldier is still at 3. Not only that, the same effects as the cards from above. Sigh...

Awakened Worm True Ruler: Although slightly more balanced than the rest, the rest of his effects probably will start some overpowering combo since he can lock all of your opponent's card effects down. Same flaws as the cards above in terms of being too overpowered.

Awakened Worm Zerocarnation: WTF is this monstrocity. I get that it needs 5 worms to summon, but this is just plain ridiculous. The cost somewhat works, considering that you pay 4000 LP, which I guess is possible when you have completely broken cards. But the rest of the effects want to make me quit YCM. Bro, you're making too much of these cards without thinking them through. Seriously. This pushes reviewers away.

Zero's Remnants: Oh look, a OP version of Pendulum Call. Not only does it add 2, it also has the potential to add 1 more card. Plus, why not just activate 3 of these in a turn and fusion Zerocarnation for a FTK? -.-

W Nebula Comet: Omg. It... It's actually a card with a once per turn effect, and it's a hard OPT! Mein Gotte, it's a miracle!

And then it gives either a +1 or you can add it back to your hand at the cost of your DP... Well, atleast it's more balanced than the rest of the cards in this set. That's a minor improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

W Nebula Asteroid Belt: So... let's say I have 3 copies of this. I can negate 3 atks for free, and i get to add? How generous. Oh, what's this? A built in poly function that isn't limited to OPT? Why not fuse 3 times in a row after using storm to get out Zerocarnation and win the game?

Worm Mitosis: So... My first turn. I set a monster, play this card, summon zerocarnation, and win the game. -.-

Oh, it can also add itself back by banishing 1 worm monster. Not only that, the OPT effect is on the WEAKEST effect in the sense that it can protect a worm from destruction. Wtf.

Worm Emergency Evolution: Well, Zerocarnation wins again. Who cares if it dies when it hits the field? You get to pay 4000 to win the game, so there's obviously nothing wrong there. -_-

W Nebula Asteroid: Pluses like there's no tomorrow. Obviously, set all your monsters and draw until mitosis. Special Summon Zerocarnation, and 4000 LP to win the game again.

Zero's Hand: Oh look, overpowered Solemn. Just by banishing 1 worm and 1500 LP, I can stop anything. 

Final Judgment: EDIT EVERYTHING AND DO NOT RETURN TO THE ADVANCED MULTIPLE REVIEW THREAD UNTIL THERE'S ACTUALLY SOME THOUGHT IN THESE CARDS. 

Way too overpowered. Sorry for being harsh, but I really can't stand cards that have no visible effort put into them. Not only that, this is Advanced Multiples, not overpowered and joke cards.

Re-edit and I'll see if I can recover to review again. 

Archived