[Written] Nameless Husk

Airride

Nameless Husk – DARK

Zombie/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set from your hand or graveyard, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. This card’s Name, Type, Attribute, Level, ATK, and DEF become that of the banished monster’s, also it gains its effects. Cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon.

ATK/? DEF/?

do we already have something like this

To answer your question: Yes we do, "Phantom of Chaos" but the only difference being that you can only target Effect Monsters in the graveyard plus the card has to be out on the field to activate its' effect. With "Nameless Husk" you can target any monster (Normal or Effect) which this does become very handy if one plays a "Wight" Deck (Wight aka Skull Servant) targeting a Skull Servant in the grave the combo with Wightmare to send the banish Skull Servant back to the graveyard or even better banish a King of Skull Servants to bring it out and Special Summon the banished King with Wightmare's effect. For other card this could go well to summon it is a pretty big pool of cards. Also to note, granted the wording with the card regarding the targeted monster must be able to be Normal Summoned/Set, is vague at first, it makes complete cents, and understandable, this makes the card a more balance; cents some cards can only be Special Summoned and along with the other Summoning methods (Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz.)

So... good job! :)

Also clever name, goes quite well with the Zombie-Type.

Woohoo! Kozmo's w/ a free beater that's non-targetable, can banish a free ship for you in the grave, and gains its additional on-summon effects! My big beef with this card is that it can becomes any card you want it to be in your Graveyard. Having this w/ it being Special Summon-able at any point is pretty nutty, and can lead to generating free advantage w/o devoting anything to the board. I like how it can't be used for a summoning, but again, it's too risky to re-occur any monster in your Graveyard for free (BLS, Envoy, Quasar, Dark Destroyer, etc). Even as a Normal Summon, it's still pretty insane. It's a straight-up better variant of "Phantom of Chaos", which is already pretty nutty in the right situations.

Woohoo! Kozmo's w/ a free beater that's non-targetable, can banish a free ship for you in the grave, and gains its additional on-summon effects! My big beef with this card is that it can becomes any card you want it to be in your Graveyard. Having this w/ it being Special Summon-able at any point is pretty nutty, and can lead to generating free advantage w/o devoting anything to the board. I like how it can't be used for a summoning, but again, it's too risky to re-occur any monster in your Graveyard for free (BLS, Envoy, Quasar, Dark Destroyer, etc). Even as a Normal Summon, it's still pretty insane. It's a straight-up better variant of "Phantom of Chaos", which is already pretty nutty in the right situations.

All but 1 of those that you pointed out aren't available targets, as they have to be NS-able.

Kozmos are a very good point, though. Dunno how to fix it, though. Perhaps have it not inherit effects, but be able to be used as material in return...? Or, perhaps, make it only able to target monsters that were once Normal Summone? Not sure...

Jesus Christ Yugster's giving reviews? What insanity is this? Jk.

Btw, Yugster's review had made me wonder of a ruling question. Since BLS and CED both have to first be Special Summoned by the banishing 1 Light and 1 Dark, can they be Normal Summoned if they bounce back to the hand? I'm only saying this is because this effect is a little too vague:

"Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set from your hand or graveyard"

This effect really doesn't help the envoys. In fact, I feel as if that it's making their effects more questioning. Taking a look at CED's first two sentences in the effect:

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard." 

The first sentence would normally prevent this card from using it as the banish requirement. However, because the second effect allows SSing from the Graveyard with COTH after banishing the Light and Dark, I'm not sure if this card can or cannot use the Envoys as the banish.

Aside from that, about the card in general; I'm really not okay with it. Yugster mentioned that you can just use a Quasar in your Graveyard with this card for the inherent Summon (After all, Quasar can only be Special Summoned by Synchro Summoning, but there's nowhere in the card says that it can't be Normal Summoned. But as we all know, Normal Summoning Extra Deck monsters (minus Pendulums) is impossible, but there's nowhere on the card that says we can't. The game mechanic is limiting us in this case). However, because of the game mechanics that prevent Extra Deck monsters from being Normal Summoned, Quasar wouldn't be allowed as a valid banish.

But let's take a step back, and ignore the fact that Mega Zaborg and this card could wreck havoc with Ultimate Falcon if the game mechanic limitation wasn't there. You can still, however, get out the friggin God cards for free with this thing. Heck, if you had 3 Egyption Gods and 3 copies of this in your hand, however unlikely, you might as well as say "It's time to Duel!" and bring out all of them in one turn anime style. Then, if you managed to topdeck Card of Demise or Pot of Stupidity  Cupidity, and managed to drawn Horakhty... GG.

Edit: Made a mistake here, printed name only. I don't know why I thought of Egmodeus's False I.D. at the time, Please disregard this staement.

Not only that, this card isn't limited to a hard OPT usage. Kozmos would abuse this card like no tomorrow, as this card and a Dark Destroyer in hand is pretty much a free Dark Destroyer Summon. Monarchs can also abuse this, banishing Vanity's Ruler or one of the fiends and get a walking Vanity out on the field. Shiranui are going to be hopping with joy with banishing themselves, and I'm pretty sure Super Quantums can also pull something out of their butt with this.

The thing is; it's way too generic and could become any beatstick. I think this card works best with The Wicked Eraser or Avatar (2 cards for a complete field wipe using Eraser, or a S/T lockdown with Avatar). Even if you do hard OPT the Summon of the card, there's still the issue of it being able to turn into any beatstick monster within a meta archetype. 

Jesus Christ Yugster's giving reviews? What insanity is this? Jk.

Btw, Yugster's review had made me wonder of a ruling question. Since BLS and CED both have to first be Special Summoned by the banishing 1 Light and 1 Dark, can they be Normal Summoned if they bounce back to the hand? I'm only saying this is because this effect is a little too vague:

"Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set from your hand or graveyard"

This effect really doesn't help the envoys. In fact, I feel as if that it's making their effects more questioning. Taking a look at CED's first two sentences in the effect:

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard." 

The first sentence would normally prevent this card from using it as the banish requirement. However, because the second effect allows SSing from the Graveyard with COTH after banishing the Light and Dark, I'm not sure if this card can or cannot use the Envoys as the banish.

Aside from that, about the card in general; I'm really not okay with it. Yugster mentioned that you can just use a Quasar in your Graveyard with this card for the inherent Summon (After all, Quasar can only be Special Summoned by Synchro Summoning, but there's nowhere in the card says that it can't be Normal Summoned. But as we all know, Normal Summoning Extra Deck monsters (minus Pendulums) is impossible, but there's nowhere on the card that says we can't. The game mechanic is limiting us in this case). However, because of the game mechanics that prevent Extra Deck monsters from being Normal Summoned, Quasar wouldn't be allowed as a valid banish.

But let's take a step back, and ignore the fact that Mega Zaborg and this card could wreck havoc with Ultimate Falcon if the game mechanic limitation wasn't there. You can still, however, get out the friggin God cards for free with this thing. Heck, if you had 3 Egyption Gods and 3 copies of this in your hand, however unlikely, you might as well as say "It's time to Duel!" and bring out all of them in one turn anime style. Then, if you managed to topdeck Card of Demise or Pot of Stupidity  Cupidity, and managed to drawn Horakhty... GG.

Not only that, this card isn't limited to a hard OPT usage. Kozmos would abuse this card like no tomorrow, as this card and a Dark Destroyer in hand is pretty much a free Dark Destroyer Summon. Monarchs can also abuse this, banishing Vanity's Ruler or one of the fiends and get a walking Vanity out on the field. Shiranui are going to be hopping with joy with banishing themselves, and I'm pretty sure Super Quantums can also pull something out of their butt with this.

The thing is; it's way too generic and could become any beatstick. I think this card works best with The Wicked Eraser or Avatar (2 cards for a complete field wipe using Eraser, or a S/T lockdown with Avatar). Even if you do hard OPT the Summon of the card, there's still the issue of it being able to turn into any beatstick monster within a meta archetype. 

^ Yeah, pretty much this. Forgot about the no Normal Summon clause on this card when reviewing it, but these examples sum it up better.

I didn't intend for it to work with Extra Deck monsters, or anything that has the lines "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set."

Horkhaty cannot work with this card. Printed name only.

I want to make it not work with On-Summon effects like Avatar and Such, as well.

For fixes, as I mentioned, having no effects but being able to be used for material in return might work, or a level clause, or something saying it gains everything on the opponent's standby or something to give them a chance to take it out.

I mean, there's inevitably gonna be decks like Shirunai that will love it either way, but I want to make it as usable-but-still-good-and-not-broken as it can be.

Archived