Deleted

Arctic55

Time to get down to it. Not doing this as being a part of the AMRC, but doing this as myself out of the goodness of my heart.

And totally not for points or nothin'.

...Ignore that last part Arctic.

- - - - - -

LPrincess- Right off the bat we have some OCG issues, and a card that's way too powerful for its own good. Generally, Level 4 monsters whose main purpose it is to attack don't have such good effects, considering how easy it is to get a card like them out. Honestly, this card would be a great side card in Lunalights if they wanted to risk dumping a card to halve a monster's ATK, in case they couldn't Crimson Fox it. But first, OCG.

"When this card is Summoned (from your hand): you can add 1 "LEGENDARY" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; halve its ATK and DEF. If this card battles a Defense Position monster, deal piercing damage. During the Battle Phase: you can discard one card; This monster can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each."

But anyways, onto the monster itself. 1900/1700 for a monster with such a powerful effect...? That's, and I'm sorry for this, unacceptable. Early game, this thing is a huge pain to deal with (assuming the opponent doesn't have a monster can get over it) and its effect to halve the opponent's monster's ATK and DEF permanently is completely unfair and unbalanced for a Level 4 monster. This monster shouldn't even realistically have this many effects, but if you're hellbent on having it have so many, here are my suggestions. Lower its DEF to 0 or 100, so it can be easily ran over due to Quaking Mirror Force or Book of Moon. It cannot attack the turn it halves an opponent's monster's ATK and DEF. It can only declare a second attack if you discard a card after you destroy a monster by battle OR: if it uses its Battle Phase effect: it deals your opponent half battle damage.

Overall, 3/5 it's a powerful card- too powerful- but it's so generic that any Deck that needs a random monster and doesn't mind ditching cards can run; Lunalights are the first archetype I can think of.

LIce Wizard- Again OCG issues. Handling this first.

"If your opponent attacks directly or Special Summons a monster(s): you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). While you control another "LEGENDARY" monster: your opponent can only summon monsters if they control fewer monsters than you. If you control "LEGENDARY Arena": this card is unaffected by your opponent's Spells."

Again, another generic card. Though, this thing is much less relevant and useful... Is what I would say if this thing didn't SS itself whenever your opponent Special Summoned a monster(s). This thing is incredibly rude to drop on your opponent, acting as a two card Kaiser Colosseum. While technically being easy to break a combo like this, late game this'd be a game killer for the opponent, essentially not letting them play the game. Not going. Plus, with stats like its, they're not going to have an easy time getting over it. Again, a case of a Level 4 monster who's easy to bring out having WAY too high of stats. Here are my suggestions: Lower the ATK to 0, keep the DEF at 1700. Change it so that you can only summon one LIce Wizard with its effect ONCE PER TURN; make it a hard OPT as well. Change the generic "LEGENDARY" monster to a "LEGENDARY" monster with a different name.

Overall, a 2.5/5 as its text is poorly thought out and poorly worded, and a pair of these can be a nigh impenetrable fortress if you have the Field Spell on the field, making them Raigeki, Dark Hole, etc. proof, along with restricting your opponent to only having a maximum of 2 monsters on their field; crippling for swarm decks (but not really for Monarchs, thankfully), plus its stats are way too high for what it does.

LMiner- Again, OCG issues. Handling it.

"If you control "LEGENDARY Arena", this card is unaffected by your opponent's Traps. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects:

*If this card is in your Graveyard: you can send 1 "LEGENDARY" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.

*If you control another "LEGENDARY" monster: you can add 1 Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand.

*If this card is in your hand: you can target 1 "LEGENDARY" monster in your Graveyard; shuffle the target into your Deck and Special Summon this card from your hand."

Holy crap, what's with the easy to bring out Level 4 monsters and obscene stats? Honestly, this thing can be brought back to life six ways from Sunday, plus it can recycle ANY trap from the Graveyard?! Solemn Notice/Warning, Bottomless Trap Hole, any form of Mirror Force? No. Just... No. Oh, and this thing inherently recycles other monsters to SS itself, and on top of that, can Fiendish Burial to help it Summon itself. Look, as usual I'm going to give you my edits. Hopefully, you heed them. Reduce this things stats to 1600-1400 for each stat. Give it a hard OPT on its stats so you don't swarm the field with these things. Send the monster from the hand to the Graveyard to bring this thing back to life from the Graveyard, but NOT another copy of itself. Make it search ONLY "LEGENDARY" traps; no recycling Mirror Forces for you! Make it send a "LEGENDARY" monster from the hand to the Graveyard to SS itself from the hand, or banish from the Graveyard to SS. Foolish Burial's at 1 for a reason. No need for you to have 4 of them in your Deck.

Overall, 2/5 since it's another poorly thought out card OCG-wise and interaction wise, that essentially has the same recyclability as Nirvana High Paladin (I think that's the card I'm thinking of; Synchro Pendulum.) and has stats to rival most good Level 4s in archetypes that also Foolish Burials its own kind, and then proceeds to recycle them to bring out more copies of itself.

LLava Hound- To be honest, for a "Hound", your card art doesn't really fit it. I imagined an actual dog, not a kitsune-thing. Just a heads up. Now, onto the card's effect itself... OCG work, as usual, ahead. Not all that much needed, tbh.

"This card can be Tribute Summoned with 1 "LEGENDARY Princess". When this card is destroyed, during your next Standby Phase: Special Summon up to 2 "LEGENDARY Lava Pup Token" (Pyro/FIRE/Level 6/ATK 2500/DEF 2000). Tokens summoned by this card effect cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon or used to summon monsters from the Extra Deck. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: you can draw 1 card."

Ugh, great. Another generic and powerful card. While at first its stats seem balanced (2300/2800 for a Level 8's alright), not only is it easy to bring out, but it can easily stall out most monsters since it bolsters a powerful 2800 DEF. Worst of all, when it's destroyed by ANY means, you get a pair of powerful tokens that have the same ATK as Dark Magician, and more ATK than most Level 6 monsters currently. On top of that, they can attack, and you can get 2 of them for nigh free. Oh, and then there's the issue of the generic, free draw. You do realize how good this is, right? With decks that easily Pendulum Summon 4+ monsters a turn, summoning this thing is no issue, and they get a free draw. Here's my two cents on what you need to do. Lower its DEF to 2600 if you're gonna keep its easy summon conditions. Make sure its Tokens can't attack, or that you only summon one. Either get rid of the free draw, or make it have a cost of some sort; i.e. draw 1, discard one, or vice versa. No free draws.

Overall, 3/5 since it's easy to bring out and stall with, and can easily block a couple attacks with its effects during your next turn, or even bowl others over, and if that wasn't bad enough, you get to draw for free each turn, which is stupid, considering cards that give you "free" draws (i.e. Upstart Goblin) either get banned or limited.

LSparky - The boss, and for a minute, I thought you'd literally stopped thinking. Thankfully I saw that this thing was Level 8 on its card art, otherwise, you and I'd have some problems mister. So, first off, edit your post to make this thing Level 8: it'd make everyone's day better. Now, onto the OCG...

"If you control "LEGENDARY Arena": discard 1 "LEGENDARY Lava Hound" from your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, target 1 card on the field; banish 3 "LEGENDARY" monsters from your Graveyard; negate the target's effects and banish it."

As far as bosses go, this one's alright. Besides your OCG issues, everything seems in order. The 2 monster summon requirement/discard to SS is alright; we see that often enough, and some bosses get out easier than this card (after all, it requires a Field Spell to be on the field AND you have to discard a pretty valuable card to get it out). Still, I have a feeling this is just a Blue-Eyes with a card effect, given its generic stats. It feels kinda empty, too. Still, the mandatory effect's definitely interesting. You have no choice, in the matter, and you have to banish 3 "LEGENDARY" monsters from your Graveyard to apply it. Which, of course, could mean that you'd have to lose this card, or a card you control, if your opponent plays their cards right. Now, onto my suggestions. Keep the stats, summoning condition, and most of its effect the same (also the level). Keep its effect mandatory, but make it so it ONLY targets face-up cards, otherwise this thing will just be a rude card to drop for no apparent reason.

Overall, 4.5/5 a fine example of a well-designed boss monster, though some might argue that this thing's too easy to get out, I'd say for what it requires, it's fine as-is. Never really going to be a 5/5 in my book because of its boring name and generic stats, but its effect sure makes up for it.

- - - - -SPELLS- - - - -

LArena- Generic, boring, and steals Orichalcos's effect. No. Don't see the point in the OPT protection clause, when other "Arena" esq. cards in the current game don't have this protection effect. Hell, even the Triamids' field spells protect themselves, and their the most "meta" deck that actually utilizes a Field Spell. (Mind you, Monarchs and Pepe can do the same, but my friends don't often use the Monarch Field Spell, and Pepe's dying, so Sky Iris is losing its utility; and even then, those cards don't protect themselves, either.)

First off, its boost is stupid. 200 ATK and DEF from a field spell? Weak. Second, it recycles. And... what else? No draw power? No real gain to recycling the banished cards besides you having more cards in your Deck, and thus being less likely to draw your necessary cards? This card's more detrimental than it is useful. Give it a good effect, otherwise, it's useless besides existing to help your monsters execute slightly decent effects.

Overall, 1.5/5 not even that good of a Field Spell, and its protection is stupid, especially since that's an effect that's unique (to my knowledge) to The Seal of Orichalcos.

I changed the 2/5 rating I gave it to a 1.5/5 rating, because the Trap does the exact same thing, but can be used during your opponent's turn. Honestly man, it feels like you ran out of ideas for the Spell/Trap portion of the archetype. You need to give Arena a relevant effect, otherwise, it's just another brick card. But it's a brick card that you "need". Considering it's the hingepoint of this archetype, that's disappointing.

- - - - -TRAPS- - - - -

LPortal- Why even have this thing exist, when it does, literally, the EXACT thing as the Field Spell? If you're gonna make it even remotely similar, at least have its name counted as "LEGENDARY Arena" while face-up on the field, to give it some utility... Still, the boost and effect for this card make much more sense than it would for a Field Spell. It's weak, but not to the point of being unplayable, and it helps support the archetype in a relevant way. The only issue is that the Field Spell, literally, does the EXACT same thing, which devalues this card even more. Well, it would, if I didn't already have a grudge against that Field for its useless-ness. Oh, and for this thing as well, get rid of the protection eff. Makes no sense.

Overall, 4/5 as far as Trap effects could go, this makes sense, and is relevant to the archetype, and does the Field Spell's job.

- - - - -MY THOUGHTS/RATING- - - - -

The archetype has some beautiful art, though I wished it was more relevant to today's anime art styles, but to each their own. However, that's all this archetype really has going for it. From what I see, this is just an amalgamation of various good effects with the idea of getting out Sparky, and filling your Graveyard with LEGENDARY monsters for him to banish for a half-decent, targeting, effect. With the major hingepoint of the Deck being a horribly designed Field Spell, I'd never want to run this archetype more than once to test out its effects vs. the meta. Overall, I'd give the archetype a 2.5/5 because of loosely connected its ideas are, how redundant some of the cards are, and how redundant those cards' effects are, and how underpowered the Field Spell is.

Have a good day, Arctic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived