[Leaderboard] Dragon Sage vs Enguin

Northern Sage

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is June 4, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

-The contest ends on June 7, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

Requirement:

Make a monster that Summons Token(s) with a different type from it.

Card A:

Unknown Warrior

Level 5 DARK

Warrior/Synchro/Effect

"Unknown Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon a number of "Unknown Component Tokens" (Machine-type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF0) up to the number of Synchro materials used for this card's Summon. You can target 1 "Synchron" monster in your Graveyard: Discard 1 card, and if you do, Special Summon that target. You can only use each effect of "Unknown Warrior" once per turn.

2000/2000

Card B:

HRjQ4RH.jpg

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Place 1 Spell Counter on a face-up card you control. You can only activate this effect of "Slime Wizard" once per turn. Once per turn: You can remove any number of Spell Counters from your side of the field; Special Summon 1 "Slime Token" (EARTH/Aqua-type/ATK 0/DEF 1000) with a Level equal to the number of Spell Counters removed. If this face-up card is destroyed: You can place 1 Spell Counter on a card you control.

I'm coming at this, as is going to be my usual disclaimer now, as outside of the metagame.

Side note, just want to say it's cool to see that you guys are going for Syncro support rather than the Mecha-Phantom Beast ways of XYZ cheese, so props to both of you.

Card A: As a Syncro monster, it does the job. It follows the parameters of summoning tokens, or getting a Syncron back from the Graveyard. In 2 turns, easily get out a Lv5 Syncro, whilst also providing fodder for the opponent's monsters to battle against. However, there in-lies the flaw: unless you have a way to definitely protect your lil' tokens, or the Syncron, you're just peace-mealing out your tiny dudes and a probably not getting that 2-Turn Syncro. Plus, you're clogging the monster card zones like my arteries after a nice bacon sarnie. In the unlikely event that you used 3 cards to summon your card, you only have 1 card zone spare. Also, minor thing, I'm just not feeling the fluff behind the card, which sounds pretentious as hell, I know, but it just doesn't sit right with me. But, with that out of the way, I quite like this card and it's ability to potentially get out a quick syncro. Just not sure about the security of your tokens.

Card B: Coming at it from the other side, Card B is a tuner that can summon a lil' token with a changing level for the number of Spell Counters removed from your side of the field. Depending on how this card is run, you can either get a Lv5 Syncro on the turn it comes in, which is pretty powerful, or a very high level Syncro as well. Plus, the destroyed effect is pretty good too, allowing you to keep supporting other Spellcasters. My only concern is that it may be too powerful, but considering the level of Power Creep that has come into the game apparently, not going to be harsh on that. All in all, very cool card. Could actually see myself using it.

So, after that, gonna have to go Card B. Simply more practical in my opinion.

Card A is just asking to be used for Quasar/Sifr plays. With this card, you only need Quickdraw, Level Eater and a Level 1 Tuner(Glow-up) to summon Quasar/Sifr turn 1. All for just 4 cards in your hand. You still get a draw from formula and an extra token so your card advantage is still okay. And stopping said beasts are hard especially sifr with its double protection. I guess its however little harder to pull off though seeing as you need specific cards to pull it off. And most decks that can do this has drawing power with Librarian that you should be able to get the right cards. Maybe if you have tuning and foolish and/or one for one, you should be able to pull it off.

Card B on the underhand is a spell counter card that summons a token to be used for synchro later on. Too be honest spell counter decks are mostly OTK/FTK decks so I cant see room for this card. It can summon a Level 5 at its best. Its a Level 4 tuner though so maybe you can use it with maybe Pendulum Magicians or classic Endymion deck.

I'd vote for Card C cause Card A is just an alt tech to get quasar/sifr. Card B is a little iffy in finding its place in a deck. If it comes down to it, im leaning towards Card A

Archived