[Written] Support for the White Dragon with Eyes of Blue

ZillaSmasher

Considering Blue-Eyes White Dragon is my favorite Yugioh card and she recently got new support, I thought I might try making my own Blue-Eyes and With Eyes of Blue support, along with remaking a couple old cards such as Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and Dragon Master Knight. Reviews are welcome and appreciated.

The Sage's Storm Dragon

Level 8 LIGHT

Dragon/Effect

2500/2500

(This card is always treated as a "Blue-Eyes" card.)

If this card is Special Summoned from the Deck by the effect of "Sage with Eyes of Blue": increase this card's ATK by 500. Once per turn: You can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy them. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: you can Special Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.

Hatchling with Eyes of Blue

Level 1 LIGHT

Dragon/Tuner/Effect

400/1000

When this card is Normal Summoned: you can send 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, except "Hatchling with Eyes of Blue". You can target 1 Effect Monster you control; return that card to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand or Deck, except for "Hatchling with Eyes of Blue". You can only use each effect of "Hatchling with Eyes of Blue" once per turn.

Blue-Eyes Luminous Dragon

Level 10 LIGHT

Dragon/Effect

3000/2500

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Blue-Eyes" Fusion or Synchro monster you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. This card gains 300 ATK for each Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster on your side of the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn: you can banish this face-up card that you control and one card your opponent controls or that it is in their Graveyard until the End Phase.

Blue-Eyes Luster Soldier

Lvl 8 LIGHT

Warrior/Ritual/Effect

3000/2500

This card can be Ritual Summoned with "Blue-Eyes Induction". Must be Ritual Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's name is treated as "Black Luster Soldier" while face-up on the field. If this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, after damage calculation: It can make a second attack on an opponent's monster in a row. If you control a "Blue-Eyes" Fusion Monster: you can Fusion Summon 1 "Dragon Master" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card. You can only use each effect of "Blue-Eyes Luster Soldier" once per turn.

Blue-Eyes White Statue

Lvl 8 LIGHT

Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

Scale 9

3000/2500

You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn: if a "Blue-Eyes" monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: you can destroy 1 card on the field. If this card is destroyed while in the Pendulum Zone by an opponent's card effect, Special Summon it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This card cannot be Pendulum Summoned. If you have at least 1 "Blue-Eyes" card in your Pendulum Zones or you control a face-up "Mausoleum of White", you can either Special Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck or add this face-up card from your Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Blue-Eyes White Statue" once per turn.

Blue-Eyes White Sculpture

Lvl 1 LIGHT

Dragon/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect

Scale 0

100/1800

You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters. This effect cannot be negated. You take no battle damage from battles involving Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monsters you control. If this card is destroyed while in the Pendulum Zone by an opponent's card effect, Special Summon it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This card cannot be Pendulum Summoned. If you control at least 1 "Blue-Eyes" card in your Pendulum Zones or you control a face-up "Mausoleum of White", you can either Special Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck or add this face-up card from your Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Blue-Eyes White Sculpture" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Hoard of the Dragons with Eyes of Blue

Normal Spell

Discard 1 Level 8 or higher "Blue-Eyes" monster; draw 2 cards. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster or 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Hoard of the Blue-Eyed Dragons" once per turn.

Rise of the Ultimate Dragon

Normal Spell

Fusion Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls a face-up monster(s) and you control no cards, you can also use monsters in your Deck as Fusion Materials. If you Fusion Summon a "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" using this card, it gains these effects.

-If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

-If this card is targeted or would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect, you can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 10 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

You cannot Normal or Special Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Neutron Blast" from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Rise of the Ultimate Dragon" per turn.

Endurance of the Eyes of Blue

Quick-Play Spell

When the effect of a Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster or of a "Blue-Eyes" monster you control is negated, or when a Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster(s) or a "Blue-Eyes" monster(s) you control are destroyed by battle or card effect: you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. Level 1 LIGHT Tuner and "Blue-Eyes" monsters that you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect during the turn you activate this card.

Talisman with Eyes of Blue

Equip Spell

Equip only to a Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster or to a "Blue-Eyes" monster. When this card is equipped to a Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster, it is changed to Defense Position and cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is equipped to a "Blue-Eyes" monster, it gains 500 ATK and DEF and cannot be destroyed by card effects. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: you can Special Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand or Deck.

Blue-Eyes Induction

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Blue-Eyed Luster Soldier" from your hand or Graveyard. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose Levels equal 8 or more. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Eyes of Blue" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Blue-Eyes Induction" per turn.

Dragon Master with Eyes of Blue

Lvl 10 LIGHT

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

4000/3000

1 "Blue-Eyes" Fusion Monster + 1 "Luster Soldier" Ritual Monster

Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can only Fusion Summon 1 "Dragon Master with Eyes of Blue" per turn. If this card is Fusion Summoned using a "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" monster as a Fusion Material, its Level becomes 12, its original ATK becomes 5000, and its original DEF becomes 4000. If this card leaves the field: you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" Fusion Monster or 1 "Luster Soldier" Ritual Monster from your Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but it cannot attack this turn. You can only use each effect of "Dragon Master with Eyes of Blue" once per turn.

Kisara, the Blue-Eyed Luminary

Lvl 10 LIGHT

Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect

1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 Level 9 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster

3500/3000

This card must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect unless you controlled a card whose original name is "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" prior to this effect's activation. When this card leaves the field because of your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" or "Azure-Eyes" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon).

Azure-Eyes Spirit Dragon

Level 9 LIGHT

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters

3000/2500

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target up to 2 Spell/Trap Cards on the field; destroy them. If this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by the effect of "Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon": you can destroy up to 2 monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects during the End Phase.

Blue-Eyes White Lightning Dragon

Rank 8 LIGHT

Dragon/XYZ/Effect

3000/2500

2 or more Level 8 "Blue-Eyes" monsters

You can target 1 Effect Monster you control, except this card; that monster gains ATK equal to half of its original ATK. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your hand or Deck, but you cannot detach Xyz Materials from this card for the rest of this turn. You can detach as many Xyz Materials from this card as possible; destroy cards on the field up to the number of XYZ Materials detached (min. 1). You can only use each effect of "Blue-Eyes White Lightning Dragon" once per turn.

I love Blue-Eyes too, so I'd love to give some critique to these:

The Sage's Storm Dragon

The targeting is actually pretty good, you could use it on Maiden to add a Blue-Eyes to the field. However, its attack should be at most 2500.

Hatchling with Eyes of Blue

This card is great, you can return a Sage you used back to the hand, then Special Summon a Maiden, and then use Sage's effect again, good stuff, and helps promote combos.

Blue-Eyes Luminous Dragon

I feel like this is meant to be a more usable Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, and unfortunately like Shining Dragon I don't think this card is worth it. Tributing a Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon removes your floodgate against Pendulums and Kozmos. I think with some work this card could be made better, but as is I just dont think it's worth it. Maybe if you could tribute an Azure-Eyes monster too, as Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon may need to tag out if its targeted, and Azure can really just be tributed after your standby phase, as it's likely not living another turn.

Blue-Eyes Luster Soldier

Love that you're incorporating Luster Solider into this Blue-Eyes archetype. I was honestly hoping Konami would do this eventully. That said as a Ritual it's inherently bricky, though I like that you can use it with Pre-Prep, and its effect is pretty good. However, I think you should be able to fuse it with any Blue-Eyes monster on the field

Blue-Eyes White Statue & Blue-Eyes White Sculpture

They're pendulums, so no. It goes against the Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon which is integral to the deck.

Hoard of the Dragons with Eyes of Blue

Nice, Blue-Eyes needs all the Draw power it can get, so another Trade-In is something I love. I like its secondary effect too once it hits the Grave.

Rise of the Ultimate Dragon

I love that you madr it so this card is stronger while you control no monsters, it really fits in well with the effect of Neo Ultimate. Giving it a floating effect is great too, and piercing daage is just icing on the cake.

Endurance of the Eyes of Blue

Honestly I think this card should be more similar to Authority of the Eyes of Blue. Send 1 Blue-Eyes Monster from your hand or Deck to the graveyard, Blue-Eyes and Eyes of Blue monsters cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn. Blue-Eyes unfortunately don't have much protection outside of Gospel, so this could actually be useful.

Talisman with Eyes of Blue

Yes, a good equip for Maiden, thank you. I wish Konami would make something like this. Equip cards are one of the easiest ways to target your Maidens.

Blue-Eyes Induction

This is quite similar to Red-Eyes Transmigration, so I think you should add an effect that allows it to banish Blue-Eyes monster from your graveyard too

Dragon Master with Eyes of Blue

Floating effect is great. However, I think this should just be a maximum beat down card. It gains atk for each dragon monster in your graveyard and on the field. Honestly making stronger monsters have generic support effects seems a bit of a waste, as these should be the effects of weaker monsters you can summon easier.

Kisara, the Blue-Eyed Luminary

Love it, great alternative to Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, that promotes the Blue-Eyes engine. Also great because we're getting Mahad the Protector Priest.

Azure-Eyes Spirit Dragon

I think the changing this card to attack makes it a bit too strong. The reason Spirit Dragon summons them in defense is so that during the battle phase you can't beat down your opponent by summoning a strong monster.

Blue-Eyes White Lightning Dragon

Good generic support. Targeting is great, and making your weaker Eyes of Blue monsters stronger is good. The destruction effect is actually pretty cool though.

Thanks for the review!

Blue-Eyes White Statue

Lvl 8 LIGHT

Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

Scale 9

3000/2500

You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn: if a "Blue-Eyes" monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: you can destroy 1 card on the field. If this card is destroyed while in the Pendulum Zone by an opponent's card effect, Special Summon it.

This card cannot be Pendulum Summoned. If you have at least 1 "Blue-Eyes" card in your Pendulum Zones or you control a face-up "Mausoleum of White", you can either Special Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck or add this face-up card from your Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Blue-Eyes White Statue" once per turn.

Blue-Eyes White Sculpture

Lvl 1 LIGHT

Dragon/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect

Scale 0

100/1800

You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters. This effect cannot be negated. You take no battle damage from battles involving Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monsters you control. If this card is destroyed while in the Pendulum Zone by an opponent's card effect, Special Summon it. 

This card cannot be Pendulum Summoned. If you control at least 1 "Blue-Eyes" card in your Pendulum Zones or you control a face-up "Mausoleum of White", you can either Special Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck or add this face-up card from your Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Blue-Eyes White Sculpture" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Here's an old version of the Blue-Eyes Pendulums that don't conflict with Blue-Eyes Spirit. What do you think? Also edited the effects of some of the cards.

Now, I won't claim to be a Blue-Eyes master or anything, but I feel like I can give you a few pointers as far as cards go when I'm critiquing your work. Sorry for making you wait so long, but I've been busy.

- - - - -

The Sage's Storm Dragon: The first effect is kind of pointless given it only makes a monster you're going to trash anyways equal to its common counterparts. But it's fine, since it's supposed to synergize with Sage, which it does well enough. Funnily enough, its effect synergizes well with itself, which is always nice. Though, what's unfortunate is that none of the "with Eyes of Blue" cards have a special effect for when they're Special Summoned, to my knowledge, which kind of makes that effect less than stellar. Why would I want to lose a possible 3000 beater for something that probably won't have more than 1000 ATK? And worse, the effect is targeting. If it was non-targeting, or better yet, a Quick Effect, then you'd have a viable card for the archetype. Other wise, why would I use this over Spirit? Just a thought.

Overall- It has potential, but most of it's wasted on poor synergy and a lackluster effect. 2/5

HatchlingWEOB: A Foolish Burial effect? That synergizes great with Priest? Wunderbar. That alone makes this a semi-valuable card, supposing anyone actually runs Priest. However, I'd make its second effect make it so it cannot target itself so you don't end up having an infinite loop of Summon, return, Summon, return. Also, why not change that effect to one that activates when it's sent to the Graveyard by a Monster/Card effect? That way, you could, per say, Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand or Deck if "Hatchling with Eyes of Blue" is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect. Just food for thought.

Overall- Again, it has potential, but it's wasted on idiotic synergy with a sub-archetype that's only point for existing is making the Blue/Azure-Eyes Synchro monsters in the first place, when it could help synergize the main deck to ACTUALLY get the monsters you want on the field on the field. 3/5

BE Luminous Dragon: Eugh. No. I'm sorry, but the stupidity in that it gains ATK from the Level 1s is high. Why would I want to trash some of my best cards for this thing? A pointless beater that only exists to stop existing, and worse, for a short amount of time. Sure, it has a Chaos MAX effect which could make it a problem late game, but if you've already gotten a Fusion Monster out late game, what's the point in making this card? Its summon will most likely get negated anyways. And why does it return the banished card? Wouldn't it be better for it to have a Stardust-esq effect where it banishes itself temporarily, but gets rid of the opposing card forever? Why would I ever want this if its only GOOD effect is ruined by the fact it brings back the monster banished? It's pointless!

Overall- Once again, squandered potential since you, for whatever reason, figure that losing one of the pieces of Blue-Eyes that make the deck good isn't a high enough cost for a card that I (personally) wouldn't side in at more than 1. 1.5/5

BE Luster Soldier + Ritual Spell: Hhhuh. Clearly it's supposed to make Dragon Master Knight, or whatever it is, but to be honest BE has a hard enough time trying to focus on ONE Ritual (which is many, many times more powerful than this oddity. Honestly, this has very little place in the archetype, and has no synergy with the deck besides making Dragon Master Knight, or your rendition of it. The only good thing to come out of this duo is the Spell Card. Honestly, if I were a BE player I'd only find some way to ditch the Spell with something like TTwist so I can search one of the other Spell and Traps. However, even then, the Spell isn't worth running since it's inherently slow in the first place. Over all, if the Ritual Spell was generic to ALL BE cards, then it'd might be worth running. At 1.

Overall- Unlike the above statements, this card has very little potential whatsoever and it doesn't work well with the archetype in the first place, and it doesn't help that BELS's specific Ritual Spell isn't generic to all BE cards, so you could Chaos MAX with it. 1/5 | | 1.5/5

Pendulum BE's: But why though. Honestly, BE's strayed enough from its original path (first with that Azure-Eyes card and Maiden, and now with the new Synchro and Ritual Card [though Chaos MAX is excusable, since it's still first gen Yu-Gi-Oh! mechanics]) so it really doesn't need these LITERALLY POINTLESS Pendulum Cards that, for whatever reason, don't allow you to Pendulum Summon in the first place! I'm sorry if I seem a little rude here, but doesn't that make the cards inherently pointless and practically dead? After all, though they CAN have field presence, they only can if your opponent's stupid enough to destroy the useless scales in the first place. Sculpture has no use whatsoever unless, God preserve you if you think this is a good idea, you're trying to make the "with Eyes of Blue" archetype an integral part of BE. Or even meta. At least Statue has some point to it: deal damage, pop. Non-targeting, too, which is nice. However, even so, it requires ANOTHER monster to exist on the field, which is just wonderful. (/sarcasm)

Also, really? A scale of 0? Might as well just put that card in Experimental. Pretty sure that doesn't exist for a good reason.

Overall- Completely pointless and out of place support for an archetype that has no need for meager destruction and protection effects that don't hinder your opponent in any significant way, and have no field presence unless you've already got a set-up board, which would just make these cards overkill, assuming you're dense enough to run them. 0.5/5

Hoard of the DragonsWEOB: Oh thank god a good card, legitimately. A retrain of Trade-In, admittedly, but a damn good one. Not only do you Pot of Greed and fill up the Grave, but you can search more Blue-Eyes? I can't complain. It'd make it easier to Chaos MAX, that's for sure, and who could complain about that? I'd be surprised if this wasn't at least a definite 1 of in any BE deck, as a replacement for Trade-In.

Overall- What I've wanted to see from this support from the very start, which is genuinely good cards that have a place in an archetype that's meta, at the moment, but like all archetypes, could always do with a little push. 5/5

Rise of the Ultimate Dragon: At first, I was a bit iffy on the whole "Summon from the Deck" clause, but given you can't summon anything else the turn you use this card, It's fair enough. If that wasn't the case, you might've been in a rut since sending from the deck was part of the reason Shaddolls got in trouble. Anyways, as for the card itself, it exists as what I believe to be a way to create a meta deck out of Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, given that said card can send multiple copies of itself to the grave to protect itself from being screwed over by your opponent. However, I'd recommend just dropping the 'Neutron Blast' search, since I doubt many people would run it, and if they did, it'd be a bit cheeky to just search it. But perhaps it wouldn't. We won't know until we know, right?

Overall- Another good Spell from you, and since it's a way to make NBEUD meta, I think its ability to send from the deck makes it a decent-ly fair card. 4/5

Endurance of TEOB: Yay protection cards. Not like it's all that useful, anyways, since Chaos MAX has this ability built in, but I guess if you really need to you could always slap this down one turn and hope for the best, assuming you don't have Chaos MAX out, or can't get them out. It's pack filler, in my eyes, but I suppose if your Sage gets destroyed you could always just summon a Blue-Eyes in its place.

Overall- Eh, it's underwhelming, but it's pack-filler, so I'm not sure what I expected. (At least it has a protection effect for after its use, which is a very nice added bonus.) 3/5

TalismanWEOB: All of its effects are useless besides the ones that help your big BE's. With almost everything and its mother having piercing, protecting your Level 1s is pointless, and if it leaves the field, why would you want to put more monsters out in your opponent's way to blow through and deal you doubled piercing damage? At least it gives the less impressive BEs some protection and a decent enough boost, putting them far above things like Dank Destroyer. Other than that, pack filler.

Overall- Again, underwhelming, but since it's pack-filler, it's what's to be expected. 2.5/5

Dragon MasterWEOB: Not worth summoning, in my humble opinion. You'd have to build a deck around this specific card, and given what it does (BEAT STICK BEAT STICK BEAT STICK) it's not worth it. I mean, it does what it does and it does it VERY well (BEAT STICK BEAT STICK BEAT STICK), but it's an anime-status boss monster: high, intimidating stats, but no inherent protection to back it up. So, ultimately, pointless. But at least it floats! Yay, floaty boss monsters that give you other, BETTER boss monsters! (i.e. BE Twin-Burst Dragon, or whatever the two-headed dragon everyone and their mother was waiting for.)

Overall- Man, after that Trade-In retrain, it's all gone downhill, huh? (BEAT STICK BEAT STICK BEAT-- yeah, I'll stop. But seriously, that's all this thing is, which is sad, given all the material you had to give up to make it.) 2/5

Kisara, the BE'd Luminary: FINALLY, an OP card! And yes, I say OP since, if you make this (and believe me, it's easy to make something like this first or second turn for BE) you essentially win the game. Because getting out the OG BE isn't a problem, and the new BE synchro monster is one of BE's many win conditions, you don't ever have to really worry about the whole 'Oh, and by the way, no attacking kiddie!~'. Honestly, what was that restriction supposed to be? A slap on the wrist? And not only that, but you gave us an OUT to it? Well then, might as well just HAND me the victory! I summon this, you scoop! Why? Because not only does it summon any and everything good in the deck, but for its materials, it's essentially a Towers or Ultimate Falcon. Not cool, man.

My suggestion? Remove the 'ignoring summoning conditions' clause, because that gives you too much access to too much stuff. Just summoning Spirit Dragon's enough to win some games, and since this thing floats (WHYYYYY) and has an Ultimate Falcon/Towers-esq effect, you essentially can't touch this beast anyways. Also, can we talk about your love for floating? Why do you have to dry-hump that game mechanic into the sun? YZ did it first, so leave it be! We do NOT need YZ BEs running around, willy nilly, dropping Azure-Eyes' and Spirit Dragons everywhere. Honestly, ditch that too.

Overall- Overpowered, plain and simple. 3.5/5

AE Spirit Dragon: Question: does this things effects stack? Because, if so, that's possibly four cards gone just because you created a thing. Granted, that's only if, for some reason, you sacrificed Spirit Dragon for this card, but still. That's too much. Try and find a way to not make the effects stack, or just choose to have it be that, if it was summoned using Spirit Dragon, you can destroy Spell/Traps and/or Monsters. Not 2 of both. Also, why the random protection effect that's ONLY active during the EP? Hummanawhat?

Overall- Confusing, and generic (kind of) for whatever reason. 3.5/5

BE White Lightning Dragon: Combining this with NBEUD is OP since you have the potential to deal 13500 damage in one turn's Battle Phase [(4500 + (1/2)4500)](2) = 13500. Which is wow. I doubt you'd be able to do that in a NBEUD deck, but who knows. Maybe BEUWL OTK will be meta? (Blue-Eyes Ultimate White Lightning One Turn Kill). It's doubtful, but I bet you hope it would be. Its last two effects are pretty standard, and since they aren't ignoring summoning conditions, or destroying more cards than necessary, they're fine as-is.

Overall- Simple and effective, as Blue-Eyes was always meant to be. Good on ya, mate. 3/5

- - - - -

Overall, this entire support set was a jumbled mess of this and that, that ultimately doesn't do much as a whole for a now-meta archetype. Albeit I'm pretty sure only Chaos MAX turbo is meta, but I might be wrong. Anyways, like I said, only a few cards here actually do anything for BE in any significant way, and those that do, I admit, do it well. But too much of the support was trashy or pointless for me to give you an honestly good score. Most of it needs to be retrained to solely focus on BE itself, and not WEOB, and the rest of it either needs to go, or be toned down a notch (*COUGH* kisara *COUGH*). In general, a very lack-luster set. 2.5/5

HatchlingWEOB: A Foolish Burial effect? That synergizes great with Priest? Wunderbar. That alone makes this a semi-valuable card, supposing anyone actually runs Priest. However, I'd make its second effect make it so it cannot target itself so you don't end up having an infinite loop of Summon, return, Summon, return. Also, why not change that effect to one that activates when it's sent to the Graveyard by a Monster/Card effect? That way, you could, per say, Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand or Deck if "Hatchling with Eyes of Blue" is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect. Just food for thought.

Overall- Again, it has potential, but it's wasted on idiotic synergy with a sub-archetype that's only point for existing is making the Blue/Azure-Eyes Synchro monsters in the first place, when it could help synergize the main deck to ACTUALLY get the monsters you want on the field on the field. 3/5

TalismanWEOB: All of its effects are useless besides the ones that help your big BE's. With almost everything and its mother having piercing, protecting your Level 1s is pointless, and if it leaves the field, why would you want to put more monsters out in your opponent's way to blow through and deal you doubled piercing damage? At least it gives the less impressive BEs some protection and a decent enough boost, putting them far above things like Dank Destroyer. Other than that, pack filler.

Overall- Again, underwhelming, but since it's pack-filler, it's what's to be expected. 2.5/5

AE Spirit Dragon: Question: does this things effects stack? Because, if so, that's possibly four cards gone just because you created a thing. Granted, that's only if, for some reason, you sacrificed Spirit Dragon for this card, but still. That's too much. Try and find a way to not make the effects stack, or just choose to have it be that, if it was summoned using Spirit Dragon, you can destroy Spell/Traps and/or Monsters. Not 2 of both. Also, why the random protection effect that's ONLY active during the EP? Hummanawhat?

Overall- Confusing, and generic (kind of) for whatever reason. 3.5/5

Overall, this entire support set was a jumbled mess of this and that, that ultimately doesn't do much as a whole for a now-meta archetype. Albeit I'm pretty sure only Chaos MAX turbo is meta, but I might be wrong. Anyways, like I said, only a few cards here actually do anything for BE in any significant way, and those that do, I admit, do it well. But too much of the support was trashy or pointless for me to give you an honestly good score. Most of it needs to be retrained to solely focus on BE itself, and not WEOB, and the rest of it either needs to go, or be toned down a notch (*COUGH* kisara *COUGH*). In general, a very lack-luster set. 2.5/5

This was a really good review, byt there were some small issues I had with this review:

Hatchling is actually very useful with sage, as you can use Sage's effect, then normal summon this to return sage to the hand, then use sage's effect from the hand, which is its better effect honestly imo. Also, Sage is supre relevant in blue-eyes decks, so it does have some potential. (if you're wondering why two normal summons in one turn, well Mausoleum of Light is a card)

Talisman is useful because it targets Maiden because it's an equip spell, so you can get out a blue-eyes, and it's a much better alternative to Wonder Wand. So here's the play-by-play. Equip it to Maiden, summon blue-eyes, synchro them together, then put another tuner on the field thanks to Talisman's effect, synchro summon Kisara or Crystal Wing Sycnhro Dragon.

For AE Spirit Dragon, that End Phase destruction prevention, is so that it isn't destroyed by Spirit Dragon's effect. Also, the effects can't stack, as Special Summoning it by Spirit Dragon's effect means it's Special Summoned, not Synchro Summoned

Also, just a tidbit, Chaos Maxx Turbo actually isn't that extremely meta relevant. Standard Blue-Eyes decks, that have a mix of Rank 8's and Synchro monsters are what's more in honestly. Spirit Dragon isn't really a win condition, it's just an alternate option, though for anti-meta blue-eyes support it is a gift from the Gods.

Edit:

Also, while not super relevant, Pre-Prep is a card, so it'd actually be a lot easier to get out Blue-Eyes Luster Soldier than Chaos Maxx Dragon, and since it can summon Luster from the Graveyard it's useful in that you can use trade-in on your ritual but still summon it from the grave.

This was a really good review, byt there were some small issues I had with this review:

Hatchling is actually very useful with sage, as you can use Sage's effect, then normal summon this to return sage to the hand, then use sage's effect from the hand, which is its better effect honestly imo. Also, Sage is supre relevant in blue-eyes decks, so it does have some potential. (if you're wondering why two normal summons in one turn, well Mausoleum of Light is a card)

Talisman is useful because it targets Maiden because it's an equip spell, so you can get out a blue-eyes, and it's a much better alternative to Wonder Wand. So here's the play-by-play. Equip it to Maiden, summon blue-eyes, synchro them together, then put another tuner on the field thanks to Talisman's effect, synchro summon Kisara or Crystal Wing Sycnhro Dragon.

For AE Spirit Dragon, that End Phase destruction prevention, is so that it isn't destroyed by Spirit Dragon's effect. Also, the effects can't stack, as Special Summoning it by Spirit Dragon's effect means it's Special Summoned, not Synchro Summoned

Also, just a tidbit, Chaos Maxx Turbo actually isn't that extremely meta relevant. Standard Blue-Eyes decks, that have a mix of Rank 8's and Synchro monsters are what's more in honestly. Spirit Dragon isn't really a win condition, it's just an alternate option, though for anti-meta blue-eyes support it is a gift from the Gods.

Edit:

Also, while not super relevant, Pre-Prep is a card, so it'd actually be a lot easier to get out Blue-Eyes Luster Soldier than Chaos Maxx Dragon, and since it can summon Luster from the Graveyard it's useful in that you can use trade-in on your ritual but still summon it from the grave.

As I said, I'm not exactly a BE expert. I just know how the important cards work (generally). Still, for AE, it should just be a GENERAL protection effect, as EP is too specific. It'll just get Raigeki'd and then you'd have wasted your regular Spirit Dragon for nothing. Also, Talisman won't make Maiden a thing again. I've heard from down the grapevine that BE decks have pretty much dropped, or made Maiden a side since Sage does what she does, but better. (Since he's inherently faster given he's a hand trap.) I never said Hatchling wasn't useful, just that it had potential that was squandered by not helping BE become faster. And IMO, against quite a few decks, Spirit Dragon is a win condition, as it's a pseudo-floodgate card that stops Graveyard and SS abuse. Or, rather, squanders it.

As I said, I'm not exactly a BE expert. I just know how the important cards work (generally). Still, for AE, it should just be a GENERAL protection effect, as EP is too specific. It'll just get Raigeki'd and then you'd have wasted your regular Spirit Dragon for nothing. Also, Talisman won't make Maiden a thing again. I've heard from down the grapevine that BE decks have pretty much dropped, or made Maiden a side since Sage does what she does, but better. (Since he's inherently faster given he's a hand trap.) I never said Hatchling wasn't useful, just that it had potential that was squandered by not helping BE become faster. And IMO, against quite a few decks, Spirit Dragon is a win condition, as it's a pseudo-floodgate card that stops Graveyard and SS abuse. Or, rather, squanders it.

Well the thing is that you're sometimes going to have to sack your Spirit Dragon because your opponent Raigeki or Dark Holes you, and AE Spirit Dragon could at the very least pop two cards as it dies, because unfortunately Azure Eye Silver Dragon's effect will activate after it's dead if it's non targeting removal. Also, yes, Maiden is a side or completely dropped unfortunately, I was just suggesting this could be a way to make her more relevant. Fair point about Hatchling, Blue-Eyes could stand to go a bit faster.

Archived