[Written] High Priest Seto, Founder of the Eyes of Blue

ZillaSmasher

High Priest Seto, Founder of the Eyes of Blue

Level 1 LIGHT

Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect

800/1000

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner from your Graveyard. You can target 1 Effect Monster you control; send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" or 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand or Deck, except "High Priest Seto, Founder of the Eyes of Blue". You can only use this effect of "High Priest Seto" once per turn. If this card is used as a Synchro Material monster for the Synchro Summon of "Kisara, the Blue-Eyed Luminary", that monster gains 500 ATK and DEF.

To be honest, I see what you're doing here but I'd figure that, since this card is obviously supposed to be "with Eyes of Blue" support, that its name would be "Seto with Eyes of Blue" or "High Priest with Eyes of Blue". Or even "True Master with Eyes of Blue", or something like that. 

Griping aside, it's a decent card. Allowing it to get another free Tuner out of the Grave sets up Level 10 plays (gotta love Leo) or just sets up other "with Eyes of Blue" monsters for slamming your opponent, which is always nice. Who doesn't like having a sage on board? Also, it can drop your other "with Eyes of Blue" cards (i.e. Master with Eyes of Blue) to bring out OTHER wEoBs, or a Blue-Eyes (if you really want). Though, if you had something in mind for this to work with, this Kisara card, shouldn't you have posted both of them in Advanced Multiples? Now, to me, this card only has 2 effects, instead of three, since I have no idea what this Kisara card does. I mean, the ATK and DEF boosts are alright, but if the thing only has 200 ATK and DEF, then this boost is arbitrary.

Overall, an okay card that really didn't need to be made, but filled a niche that no other wEoB filled. 3.5/5

Archived