Red-Eyes Alternative B. Dragon

Monarch King

createcard.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by revealing "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" in your hand. You can only Special Summon "Red-Eyes Alternative B. Dragon" once per turn this way. This card's name becomes "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated.

Okay, I don't mean to be harsh but this doesn't really mesh well with the current Red-Eyes support. I see you're trying to model it after the Blue-Eyes support and I feel that's how some of the lackluster support for Blue-Eyes and Red-Eyes get made. Honor of the Eyes of Blue is modeled similar to the much better Red-Eyes Insight, Cards of the Red Stone is modeled after the much superior Trade-In. Right now Red-Eyes has Gemini/Fusions/Rank 7's burn decks, or Ritual/Fusion/Rank 7's decks.

First off, Red-Eyes players really don't want Red-Eyes in the hand. You could say the same about Blue-Eyes, but they can be used as Trade-In fodder, or you can tribute your Dragon Spirit of White to evade a targeted effect by summoning Blue-Eyes from your hand.

Red-Eyes doesn't in all honesty, because Cards of the Red Stone is pretty garbage. Also, unlike Blue-Eyes it doesn't have access to Melody of Awakening Dragons, which allows them to get those two cards in the hand.

The only time you want Red-Eyes in the hand is if you're running a Spark Field variant, in which case, it has to be the Gemini version. Vanilla Red-Eyes is only used to get your Archfiend Black Skull Dragon to the field, and they'd prefer the Vanilla in the deck in that case.

Now as for the card itself, it feels like a weaker alternative dragon with a slightly buffed effect. Honestly though, the targeted banishing doesn't really fit the theme of the Deck, which is again, Rank 7's, Rituals, or burn deck. I don't really see how this promotes the engine other than giving you a free card popped, before you go into your Rank 7's, similar to Full Armor Photon Dragon, which is usually just a free pop before going into Dark Matter Dragon.

If you could find a way to make it promote the engine better you could make this a decent card, and a possible reason to run more vanilla Red-Eyes, which I wish you did in that deck, but I think the fundamental idea of this card is kind of flawed for the deck that Red-Eyes currently is, sorry.

Archived