-Melomatrix-

towitori

After a weekend of no internet. I got bored and made an archetype ._.

[spoiler=Monster]

Bella, Guard of the Melomatrix

DARK / Level 4

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 1900 DEF / 1400

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 2 “Melomatrix” card from your hand and/or Graveyard. If Summoned this way, the following effect cannot be activated this turn. Once per turn: You can banish this card and 1 monster your opponent controls until your next Standby Phase. If this card is banished: Draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Bella, Guard of the Melomatrix" once per turn.

Paris, Guard of the Melomatrix

DARK / Level 5

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 2000 DEF / 1500

You can discard this to banish 1 “Melomatrix” monster from your Deck. If this card is banished: Draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Paris, Guard of the Melomatrix" once per turn.

Johanna, Guard of the Melomatrix

DARK / Level 5

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 2000 DEF / 1500

You can discard this card to add 1 “Melomatrix” Spell/Trap Card from your Graveyard to your hand. If this card is banished: Draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Johanna, Guard of the Melomatrix" once per turn.

Evelyn, Guard of the Melomatrix

DARK / Level 4

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 1900 DEF / 1400

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 2 “Melomatrix” cards from your hand and/or Graveyard. If Summoned this way, the following effect cannot be activated this turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 banished "Melomatrix" card; banish this card until your next Standby Phase, and if you do, add that target to your hand. If this card is banished: draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Evelyn, Guard of the Melomatrix" once per turn.

Ivy, Guard of the Melomatrix

DARK / Level 6

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 2100 DEF / 1600

If you control a face-up "Chapel of the Melomatrix", you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If you do, its Level becomes 4. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Melomatrix" Spell/Trap Card from your hand; Special Summon 1 "Melomatrix" monster from your Deck. You cannot attack your opponent directly the turn you activate this effect. If this card is banished: draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Ivy, Guard of the Melomatrix" once per turn.

Hilde, Guard of the Melomatrix

DARK / Level 6

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 2100 DEF / 1600

If you control a face-up "Chapel of the Melomatrix", you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If you do, its Level becomes 4. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Melomatrix" monster in your Graveyard;this turn, you can Normal Summon 1 "Melomatrix" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You cannot attack your opponent directly the turn you activate this effect. If this card is banished: draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Hilde, Guard of the Melomatrix" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spell/Trap]

Chapel of the Melomatrix

Spell / Field

If this card is added to your hand by a card effect and there is no card in your Field Spell Zone: Immediately after this effect resolves, activate it. (This is a Quick Effect.) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 “Melomatrix” monster in your Graveyard; gain 1000 Life Points. If this face-up card on the field is destroyed by a card effect: add 1 “Melomatrix” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

Shield of the Melomatrix

Spell / Equip

If this card is added to your hand by a card effect and you control no face-up “Melomatrix” monster: You can discard this card; immediately after this effect resolves, add 1 “Melomatrix” monster from your Deck to your hand. (This is a Quick Effect.) You can only use this effect of “Shield of Melomatrix” once per turn. Equip only to a “Melomatrix” monster. It is unaffected by your opponent’s card effects.

Shining Melomatrix

Spell / Normal

If this card is added to your hand by a card effect: You can discard 1 "Melomatrix" card; immediately after this effect resolves, activate it. (This is a Quick Effect.) Target up to 2 banished “Melomatrix” cards; return those targets to the Graveyard, and if you do, send "Melomatrix" cards from your Deck to the Graveyard equal to the number of cards returned by this effect. You can only activate 1 "Shining Melomatrix” per turn.

Turnabout Melomatrix

Trap / Normal

If this card is added to your hand by a card effect: You can discard 1 "Melomatrix" card; immediately after this effect resolves, activate it. (This is a Quick Effect.) Banish up to 2 “Melomatrix” cards from your Graveyard, and if you do, destroy cards on the field equal to the number of cards banished by this effect. You can only activate 1 "Turnabout Melomatrix” per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Diana, Princess of the Melodramatrix

DARK / Rank 4

Warrior / Xyz / Effect

ATK / 2100 DEF / 1600

2 Level 4 DARK Warrior-Type monsters

(This card is always treated as a “Melomatrix” monster.)

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 "Melomatrix" monster in your Graveyard; banish the target, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the monster banished by this effect, until your opponent’s next End Phase.  If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 banished “Melomatrix” Spell/Trap Card; add that target to your hand. If this card is banished: Draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use each effect of "Diana, Princess of the Melodramtrix" once per turn.

Eliza, Queen of the Melodramatrix

DARK / Rank 5

Warrior / Xyz / Effect

ATK / 2500 DEF / 2000

2 Level 5 DARK Warrior-Type monsters

(This card is always treated as a “Melomatrix” monster.)

During either player’s turn: You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 “Melodramatrix” Xyz Monster in your Graveyard that was destroyed by battle or card effect this turn as its Xyz Material. When this card is Xyz Summoned while you control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix”: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; attach it to this card. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 "Melomatrix" card from your Deck. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: Add all cards banished by this card's effect. If this card is banished: Draw 1 card. You must control a face-up “Chapel of the Melomatrix” to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use each effect of "Eliza, Queen of the Melodramatrix" once per turn.

CnC

Bella, GOTM: At first, that summoning condition seems ridiculous, until you're able to recognize that you can +2 off that effect with great ease, assuming you've got Chapel on the field (which shouldn't be difficult if you run even 2 Terra). Of course the trade-off is being unable to clear your opponent's board, but that's a fair trade off, since you wouldn't want an automatic draw 3 right off the bat. Also, being a Level 4 DARK Warrior is amazing for this card: not only is it a searchable target via RotA, but it's an automatic +1 off the +1 that is Allure of Darkness. But, all this draw power worries me as for what may be to come. Maybe invest in a couple HOPTs for the cards? That would be a good idea.

Overall- Non-Targeting removal, an auto +1 off AoD, and a card that lets you Pot of Greed off its summon? Bella alone is a playmaker, even if it returns the card banished by its effect during your following Standby Phase. 5/5

Paris, GOTM: A +0 deck miller that sets up future plays as the duel moves on? Why summon, when you can draw, amiright? And even if you draw multiples, you aren't going to brick, since this card doesn't have a HOPT on it. Not saying it should, though. It's fine as-is, since if you drew multiples of this card, you wouldn't want it in your hand anyways. And good on you by not making it searchable by RotA. That'd just be ridiculous, considering it's already this card's Goblin.

Overall- Not much to say other than good job making a card that not only sets up future plays, prevents bricking, but also makes it so you don't go -. 5/5

Johanna, GOTM: This card opens up so many plays that it's kind of hard to keep up with them all. Of course, it lets you add your integral Field Spell, which searches itself upon destruction, which is good. It adds the shield, which of course searches more monsters for more plays, Shining, which I'll get to later, and the Trap, which isn't the most useful target, though it does have great potential for interruption. But this card, given what it can search, should definitely have a HOPT. It just searches too many things too easily, and I feel uncomfortable not seeing a HOPT on this card, even if it would end up ruining the flavour the archetype has had going for it so far.

Overall- Besides Johanna being in need for a good HOPTing, it's a fine card which can search a slew of great cards that, late game, could make the match for you. 3.5/5

Evelyn, GOTM: This card literally does what the trap does, but slower. I'd recommend either making this card a better form of disruption for that two card cost (i.e. preventing the activation of a Spell/Trap card on your opponent's side of the field and destroying it), or changing the Trap's disruption effect to make it just different than Evelyn's. Otherwise this card/Turnabout only exist for flavour reasons. Sure, this is non-targeting, but even so it's not different enough to warrant being its own card. (Honestly, the Trap could do with being non-targeting).

Overall- Pointless, besides existing for flavour reasons, as the Trap does what this does, but faster given that Johanna exists. 2/5

Chapel OTM: The source of your draw power, which is nigh impossible to get rid of, as it searches another copy of itself after it does. Wonderful loop you have there, and given its ability to not only increase your LP by a decent amount, but it also lets you +1 off a banished Melomatrix. Brilliant card design that's simple, but powerful.

Overall- The hingepoint of the Deck, which doesn't die unless its activation is negated. 5/5

Shield OTM: Unaffected by card effects is a very powerful effect, but given what this deck has as far as power cards go, it's not so bad. Protecting the bosses from Raigeki and MF is great, given their abilities, and since this card's more likely to be used as this decks RotA I'd say this card's pretty integral.

Overall- A RotA/Ultimate Falcon creator for the archetype, not much else to say here. 5/5

Shining Melo: Now this is where I have issues. This is a +4, right off the bat. Though you 'lose' hand advantage by playing this card, its activation requirement automatically plays into its plus effect, and this card alone could make you draw 3. Along with that, you have more banish fodder for later, which could potentially have you, in one turn, looking at a total of 7 draws. (One from the Draw Phase, 3 from Shining, 3 from various other card effects.) Abhorrent. Degenerative.

Overall- In need of a serious fix, because without it, this deck draws just way too much: you'd be better off making it so that the banished cards are shuffled into the deck, and that you have to banish a Spell/Trap card for this card's activation to be met, rather than a "card". 1/5

Turnabout Melo: A faster Evelyn, though I'd give this card the non-targeting removal instead of Evelyn. Still, its this Deck's Icarus Attack, so its already good enough in most people's eyes.

Overall- Meh card, considering Evelyn has non-Targeting removal, which is better than targeting destruction by many levels. 3/5

Diana, POTM: This entire archetype needs a HOPT, but this card in particular needs it HARD. Draw 3, gain 900 ATK, become a 3000 beater with the potential to be unaffected by other card effects? Oh, and it's not even that hard to make? Wayyy too much. Maybe make it so that it can't use that effect in the same turn that another Melomatrix monster used its effect to Draw 1 off being banished? That way you don't end up drawing 5+ cards in one turn, not even including your Draw Phase. Still, its add effect is cute, and if you followed what I said about Shining, it'd help the archetype have more synergy, which is always nice.

Eliza, QOTM: And here's the true boss monster of the deck. Honestly, this card is much better made than Diana, in my opinion, even though it doesn't have the ability to increase its ATK to incredible levels like the afore mentioned beast. Even so, with the ability to search via banishment, which this deck would love, and the ability to steal your opponent's monsters #101 style, this is a very nice interrupter boss monster that can make great plays if your opponent controls a monster that you can target, but can't destroy. I wish it had more ATK, but other than that, the card is fine as-is.

Overall- A fine finale to your archetype, with great interrupting and searching plays that make it a card that's always worth summoning, which I like. 4/5

- - - - -

Overall, this is looking to be a VERY draw-heavy deck, even from the get-go, especially if you start with Johanna in hand. Even so, it's lacking some of the initial power I'd expect from the deck, even if it is versatile (with the ability to make a metric butt-ton of R4nk and R5nk Xyzs, given their type and Attribute) consistent and has great recoverablity. Without that first area, this deck lacks that punch I feel it needs, though in some places I noticed it hit way too hard. So, in the end, I'd give this archetype 3.5/5. My average score.

- - - - -

Overall, this is looking to be a VERY draw-heavy deck, even from the get-go, especially if you start with Johanna in hand. Even so, it's lacking some of the initial power I'd expect from the deck, even if it is versatile (with the ability to make a metric butt-ton of R4nk and R5nk Xyzs, given their type and Attribute) consistent and has great recoverablity. Without that first area, this deck lacks that punch I feel it needs, though in some places I noticed it hit way too hard. So, in the end, I'd give this archetype 3.5/5. My average score.

Thanks for the review. For that, I made some changes.

Added the HOPT on all the monsters :D

Because of this, I decided to add 2 more monsters.

Reworked on Johanna, Evelyn, Shining, Turnabout, Diana.

Archived