[Written] Advanced Red-Eyes (9 Cards)

Abdelrahman

This series of cards includes Erattas to existing Red-Eyes cards, and new Red-Eyes cards that will improve the Archetype's power. And btw, I won't be adding a "except "Red-Eyes B. Chick" clause to my cards because that's just obnoxious and imo is a stupid decision on Konami's side.

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]The Black Stone of Ancients

Level 1 / DARK

Dragon/Tuner/Effect

During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was sent there this turn: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, then if it was a Gemini Monster, it is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effects. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your Deck. You can only activate each effect of "The Black Stone of Ancients" once per turn.

0/0

The Black Stone of Legends

DARK / Level 1

Dragon/Tuner/Effect

You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Deck, except "Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning", then if it was a Gemini Monster, it becomes an Effect Monster, and it gains its effects. If this card is in the Graveyard and was not sent there this turn: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, add this card to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "The Black Stone of Legends" once per turn.

0/0

Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon

DARK / Level 7

Dragon/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon" once per turn this way. This card's name becomes "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its original ATK. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

2400/2000

[spoiler=Spell Cards]Red-Eyes Fusion

Normal Spell Card

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster that lists a "Red-Eyes" monster as Material from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand, Deck, or your side of the field as Fusion Materials, and if you do, its name becomes "Red-Eyes B. Dragon". You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card. You cannot Normal Summon monsters the turn you activate this card, except "Red-Eyes" monsters. You can only activate 1 "Red-Eyes Fusion" per turn.

Dead Cards of the Red-Eyes

Normal Trap Card

Send 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Red-Eyes" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Dead Cards of the Red-Eyes" per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters]Blazing Meteor Black Dragon

DARK / Level 8

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

1 Level 7 "Red-Eyes" monster + 1 Level 6 Dragon-Type "Red-Eyes" monster

If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can send 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its original ATK. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only activate this effect of "Blazing Meteor Black Dragon" once per turn.

3200/2500

Archfiend Black Skull Dragon

DARK / Level 8

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

1 Level 7 "Red-Eyes" monster + 1 Level 6 Fiend-Type "Red-Eyes" monster

If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If damage calculation is performed involving this Fusion Summoned card, at the end of the Battle Phase: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" Normal Monster in your Graveyard; inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK in the Graveyard, and if you do, shuffle it into the Deck. You can only activate the effect of "Archfiend Black Skull Dragon" once per turn.

3200/2500

Tri-Headed Black Dragon of Hell

DARK / Level 12

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

1 "Red-Eyes" Fusion Monster + 1 Level 7 "Red-Eyes monster.

Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

4000/4000

Red-Eyes Darkness Flare Dragon

DARK / Rank 10

Dragon/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 10 DARK monsters / You can also Xyz Summon this card by shuffling 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" monster from your Graveyard to the Deck, then using 1 Rank 7 "Red-Eyes" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 "Red-Eyes" monster in your Graveyard; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its ATK in the Graveyard, and if you do, shuffle it into the Deck. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects while it has Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Deck. You can only control 1 "Red-Eyes Darkness Flare Dragon".

3000/2500

Red-Eyes Stone of Ancients: I love that you made it a Tuner. This was the big problem with the Red-Eyes vs Blue-Eyes support, while Red-Eyes had access to specific Fusions/Rituals/Xyz, Blue-Eyes had access to specific Fusions/Rituals/Synchros and the Generic Rank 8 toolbox. I feel the two would’ve been better balanced by having Red-Eyes having access to the generic Level 7/8 Synchro toolbox. The effect when it’s sent to the Graveyard is a wonderful mirror to “The White Stone of Ancients” effect, tuning this with a Red-Eyes, and then at the End Phase, resummoning it is a nice move. However, that effect when it’s in the Graveyard to banish is and Special Summon a Red-Eyes Gemini monster as an effect monster is too fast in my opinion. If you discarded this card, then summoned whatever Red-Eyes you wanted, it’d be a bit ridiculous. I think just having it have a banish effect to Normal Summon a Red-Eyes Gemini monster on the field would be much better. Also, I think it’s not a great idea to have it have Red-Eyes in the name, “The Black Stone of Ancients” would be a much fairer name, and would prevent shenanigans.

Red-Eyes Stone of Legends: Your attempt to fix “The Black Stone of Legend”. Again, I’d have to say I think it’s too fast, especially with cards like “Spark Field” providing very strong Gemini Support. I think the only change “The Black Stone of Legend” needed was for it to be a Tuner, as that made it’s HOPT clause to both of its effects a lot more justified.

Red-Eyes Retro Dragon: Eh, I think the original is better. It helps keep field presense which the original Red-Eyes sometimes had trouble doing. Also that additional effect of making it unaffected isn’t a quick effect, so its usefulness is limited.

Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon: I’ve seen quite a few Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragons, but this is the closest to what I envision the actual thing would be like. The Red-Eyes support focuses on sending Red-Eyes from the Deck to the Graveyard for easy set-up, and there are a lot of revival cards focused around them to help with this, like “Return of the Red-Eyes”, “Red-Eyes Spirit”, “Swing of Memories”, “Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon” and “Gospel of Revival”, so I really like this card for doing that. That said, the discard cost is a bit steep for Red-Eyes, seeing as they either want to dump directly from the Deck, and anything in the hand they summon to the field immediately with “Spark Field”. The burn damage is fitting, but I think just having it have targeted destruction of a monster OPT w/ burn damage, but being unable to attack would be fine enough. Finally, I think you should have it only doable by dumping “Red-Eyes B. Dragon”, as it is kind of strong for how easy it is to summon, and it’d make the OG Red-Eyes needed for the Deck to function, something I think was handled amazingly well by the Blue-Eyes and Dark Magician support.

Cards of the Red-Eyes: I feel as if Konami’s biggest errors when making Blue-Eyes and Red-Eyes support was trying to take cards from the each of them, and translate them to the other. For example, Cards of the Red Stone was meant to be the Red-Eyes version of Trade-In, but no one really wanted to run multiple Red-Eyes B. Dragon, so it only had 3-4 targets, compared to Blue-Eyes which had 7-8. Whereas Blue-Eyes made “Honor of the Eyes of Blue” to as a means to dump Blue-Eyes similar to “Red-Eyes Insight”, but the card was pretty poorly thought out in terms of effect. Anyway, this card wouldn’t really do much for Red-Eyes as they usually run less monsters in their decks, and focus on dumping their few monsters from the Deck. I know you tried to justify this by making more Red-Eyes monsters, but then the draw power for Red-Eyes would honestly get kind of ridiculous.

Red-Eyes Fire Bullet: I’d rather this card not be made, especially with the Red-Eyes FTK going around, where you summon Falling Meteor Black Dragon, use its burn effect, then Inferno Fire Blast, and Double Spell to deal 8200 damage to the opponent. That’d make the FTK too consistent in my mind.

Red-Eyes Fusion: Eh, not really seeing the point in making the Level 7. Anyway, I do like the change to leave Normal Summoning Red-Eyes monsters as possible, which in combination with Spark Field would be pretty nice, so thanks for that.

Red-Eyes Blazing Meteor Dragon/Archfiend Skull Dragon: I don’t think we need to retrain these two to be Level 10, or put targeting/destruction protection on Meteor. Meteor was fine enough as a way to get some damage first turn and have a decently strong monster shield your LP, and dump more Red-Eyes monsters to the Graveyard, and Archfiend was just great as a means to deal massive amounts of damage to the opponent.

Red-Eyes Tri-Headed Hell Dragon: Never really been a big fan of Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon type cards, but I will admit this had an interesting idea of Fusion Summoning a Red-Eyes Fusion monster with a level 7 Red-Eyes monster. It’d be pretty good in combination with Dragon’s Mirror. However, seeing as “Ancient Gear Chaos Giant” is a card, and a bit easier to turbo out, I don’t think that restriction on other cards being unable to attack is necessary, even if Red-Eyes are easier to swarm the field with.

Red-Eyes Darkness Flare Dragon: I see you were looking at my critiques and suggestions to Black D’Sceptyr for his Rank 10 Red-Eyes monster. Anyway, targeting protection fits, however the 1200 damage for card effect activation is a bit extreme. I do like the quick effect revival though, and that it can revive any Red-Eyes monster, so that’s pretty cool.

Overall: While this is definitely very interesting for ideas of Red-Eye support, I feel it ignores what Red-Eyes are currently focused on right now. A few of these cards feel like they’d accelerate Red-Eyes too quickly, and with its swarming capabilities, I’m not a big fan of that idea. I’d maybe tone a few of them down, I think the Fusions are fine as are, but I do appreciate the idea for the Red-Eyes Fusion card.

The exclusion of Red-Eyes B. Chick was because it wasn't originally a Red-Eyes card in the OCG. Blame the TCG for giving it a poor translation. I hope they fix it, like the fixed "Harpie's Brother" by changing its name to "Sky Scout".

Black Stone of Ancients: Since it's only treated as a Gemini Monster at the End Phase, it should be fine. You forgot to add "Special" before "Summon" in the second effect. Also, that effect is pretty nice, and gives a decent reason to run "Red-Eyes B. Dragon", that being for quick Rank 7's, which Red-Eyes can struggle with a bit. Honestly a great improvement.

The Black Stone of Legends: I still think it's a bit quick since it gives you immediate access to something like Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning, which can pretty effectively nuke most fields, and further bolstered by the fact that we have Spark Field. Also, the second effect to recycle it by using Red-Eyes B. Dragon only is a restriction that I think is unnecessary, and just kind of annoying. Also, you forgot to change its name in the card text.

Red-Eyes Retro Dragon: Again, think it's made a bit irrelevant by Spark Field, which does the same thing, however, making the second one a quick-effect is nice.

Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon: Beautiful, dumps Red-Eyes, inflicts burn damage, gives removal, which Red-Eyes could use since they aren't able to beat over stuff effectively, and requires Red-Eyes B. Dragon. The perfect example of Legacy support that actually supports the legacy cards. I love it a lot, and I hope that if Konami ever does the idea, it's something like this.

Red-Eyes Fire Bullet: Okay, now it's basically just Inferno Fire Blast, word for word, I really don't think this card is necessary, and should probably just be scrapped. I mean I know that Inferno Fire Blast isn't searchable by card effect, but it honestly probably shouldn't be in the first place.

Dead Cards of the Red-Eyes: Honestly, Red-Eyes could use ways to recycle their Spells/Traps, so decent idea. I think you should have to pitch a Red-Eyes from the Deck or hand to activate it though.

Fusions: I still think the retrains you gave to the two existing Fusions are a bit pointless. They're fine as is, and can be revived with Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. I think they should just keep their original levels/ATK/effects

Tri-headed Black Dragon of Hell: Not much else to say since you did the changes I mentioned.

Red-Eyes Darkness Flare Dragon: Not sure what the point of the "you can only special... once per turn this way" if you have the "you can only control 1" clause smacked on too. I'd keep the latter, and remove the former, as it only goes to make the card unnecessarily wordy. I actually kind of like it better as a Rank 10, it was kind of like Beatrice in that way, 3 Ranks higher than what you'd use to summon it, and its Rank matches Darkness Metal Dragon's level. Anyway, revival on either turn is good, as I already mentioned, however that burn probably doesn't need to require you to detach an Xyz Material in all honesty.

Ok then, how would you rate the final cards overall? Is there any specific card you want me to change? Since I did do some final changes to the cards.

I would say Darkness Flare Metal Dragon. Change it to shuffle 1 Red-Eyes monster from your Graveyard into your deck, rather than having it being discarding or sending from Deck. I think it'd be a better, actual cost, and would make more sense.

Archived