The "Omnisceptors" Archetype (Written) (17/?)

Fukato

Haven't done a post in a while. Just came back, so what would you think of this?

[spoiler=Monsters]

Omnisceptor - Shirotani

WATER Pyro Level 6

2200/1450

Effect: You can destroy 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell Card in your hand or Deck; Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Omnisceptor - Shirotani" once per turn this way. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell Card from your Graveyard; add 1 Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot activate it this turn.

Omnisceptor - Kurotani

WATER Pyro Level 2 Tuner

900/750

Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can destroy 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell Card in your hand or Deck; Special Summon 1 Level 6 Pyro-Type monster from your Deck. You can only use the effect of "Omnisceptor - Kurotani" once per turn.

Omnisceptor - Fuyutani

WATER Pyro Level 1

200/50

Effect: If you control 2 or more "Omnisceptor" monsters, you can destroy 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell Card in your hand or Deck; add 1 Normal Trap Card from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot activate it this turn. If this card is in your Graveyard, except during the turn it was sent there: You can banish this card and 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell Card from your Graveyard, then Special Summon 1 "Omnisceptor" monster from your hand. You can only use each effect of "Omnisceptor - Fuyutani" once per turn.

Omnisceptor - Yuretani

WATER Pyro Level 2

1200/350

Effect: If you have 5 or more "Omnisceptor" Spell Cards in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is Special Summoned this way: You can banish 2 "Omnisceptor" Spell Cards from your Deck; Special Summon up to 2 Level 2 or lower "Omnisceptor" monsters from your Deck.

Omnisceptor - Suyatani

WATER Pyro Level 1

300/250

Effecy: FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower "Omnisceptor" monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, destroy 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell Card in your Deck.

If this card is Special Summoned by an "Omnisceptor" card effect: You can Set this card face-down. You can only use each effect of "Omnisceptor - Suyatani" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spells]

Omnisceptor - Senbon

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Activate this card by banishing 1 "Omnisceptor" Trap Card from your hand or Deck. Add 1 "Omnisceptor" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Omnisceptor - Zakura

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Activate this card by destroying 1 "Omnisceptor" Trap Card in your hand or Deck. Special Summon 1 of your banished "Omnisceptor" monster, and if you do, you can banish 1 "Omnisceptor" Trap Card in your hand, and if you do that, draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Omnisceptor - Zakura" per turn.

Omnisceptor - Zutto

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Activate this card by banishing 2 "Omnisceptor" Trap Cards from your Graveyard. Special Summon 1 Level 6 "Omnisceptor" monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn. You can only use 1 "Omnisceptor - Zutto" per turn.

[spoiler=Traps]

Omnisceptor - Yasashisa

Normal Trap Card

Effect: Activate this card by destroying 1 "Omnisceptor" monster in your hand. Target 1 card you control and 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 "Omnisceptor - Yasashisa" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Omnisceptor - Yasashisa" once per turn.

Omnisceptor - Hana

Normal Trap Card

Effect: Activate this card by destroying 1 "Omnisceptor" monster you control or in your hand. Shuffle 2 of your banished "Omnisceptor" cards into your Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed or banished: You can target 1 "Omnisceptor" monster you control; destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Omnisceptor - Hana" once per turn.

Omnisceptor - Riyuu

Normal Trap Card

Effect: Activate this card by destroying 1 "Omnisceptor" monster in your Deck. Target 1 monster you control; send that target to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Omnisceptor" Synchro Monster whose Level is equal to the sent monster in the Graveyard from your Extra Deck, ignoring its summoning conditions. (This Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) If an "Omnisceptor" monster you control battles another monster: You can banish this card and 1 other Trap Card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Omnisceptor" monster you control; its ATK is doubled. You can only use each effect of "Omnisceptor - Riyuu" once per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Omnisceptor - Ryuutani

WATER Pyro Level 4 Synchro

1900/1550

Effect: 1 "Omnisceptor" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 of your banished "Omnisceptor" cards to your hand. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell/Trap Card from your hand, field, or Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Tuner Monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Omnisceptor - Ryuutani" once per turn.

Omnisceptor - Tayutani

WATER Pyro Level 3 Synchro Tuner

1500/1350

Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can banish 1 "Omnisceptor" card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Omnisceptor" card from your Deck to your hand.

Omnisceptor - Harutani

WATER Pyro Level 6 Synchro

2300/1750

Once per turn: You can banish 1 Spell/Trap Card from your Deck; Special Summon 1 of your banished "Omnisceptor" monster, but it cannot attack. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "Omnisceptor" monster from your Graveyard, except "Omnisceptor - Harutani". You can only use this effect of "Omnisceptor - Harutani" once per turn.

Omnisceptor - Uraatani

WATER Pyro Level 8 Synchro

2500/1950

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can destroy 1 card on the field, and if you do, Special Summon 1 WATER Monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can destroy 1 monster in your hand; negate the effect, and if you do, destroy it. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can banish 1 "Omnisceptor" monster from your Graveyard; immediately after this effect resolves, activate 1 "Omnisceptor" card in your hand. You can only use this effect of "Omnisceptor - Uraatani" once per turn.

Omnisceptor - Hayatani

WATER Pyro Level 9 Synchro

2900/2350

Effect: 1 Synchro Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can destroy up to 3 cards of the top of your Deck. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles: Your opponent cannot activate card or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can, immediately after this effect resolves, reveal 1 "Omnisceptor" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck, and if you do, activate it. All "Omnisceptor" monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each of your banished "Omnisceptor" cards.

Omnisceptor - Aoitani

WATER Pyro Level 10 Synchro

3100/2050

Effect: 1 Synchro Tuner + 1 or more WATER non-Tuner monsters

Negate all of your opponent's Special Summoned monster's effects. While this card is face-up, you cannot draw cards during your normal Draw Phase. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 "Omnisceptor" card from your Deck; add 1 banished Spell/Trap Card to your hand, but you cannot activate it this turn.

More later, more coming, more in the future!

Shirotani: Destroying spell cards in the hand or deck as a cost to SS this card seems like it might be a bit strong. Ignoring the entire archetype, just this card on its own would do wonders to boost the consistency of Rank 6 focused decks, I’m already salivating over the idea of putting this card in my Rank 6 Ra Turbo deck. Since it can destroy from the hand or deck, you have no worries about dead draws with the spells, since they can be easily pitched from either area, whereas with thing like running a Gem-Knight engine, you always have to be wary about possibly having dead draws like Garnet. The HOPT on its summon limit knocks it down a bit, but I think you should probably put some Extra Deck limit, like “you cannot Special Summon monster from your Extra Deck, except “Omnisceptor” monsters.” Also, searching out Normal Spell cards is a bigger no-no, you could Raigeki, Dark Hole, Soul Charge, or any plethora of useful Spells. If you want a card that can search out Normal Spells, you have to make it such that the ability to get said Spell is justified by the effort to activate it. At the very least you should limit it to “Omnisceptor” Spell cards.

Kurotani: This kind of easy set up is begging for abuse. Normal Summon this, and boom, you have access to the entirety of the generic Level 8 Synchro engine. I feel like other Synchro archetype like Buster Blader would use this just to make summoning their key pieces a lot easier. It’s extremely abusable as an engine, requiring the splashing of only 3 cards. Granted, it’s more likely to brick you since it only summons from the Deck, so there’s that, but a lot of Synchro archetypes like to take advantage of Beatrice, so even if you drew into the Level 6 one, you could still summon it, so it has a lot of versatility. I’d still limit it so that you can only Special Summon “Omnisceptor” monsters from the Extra Deck this turn.

Fuyutani: The first effect makes no sense. Fuyutani is an Omnisceptor, so it can activate it whenever it want. You should say, “If you control an “Omnisceptor” monster other than “Omnisceptor - Fuyutani””.  While Normal Traps aren’t as strong as Spells, and the addition of the first clause makes it a bit more fair, I’d still add the limit of it only searching “Omnisceptor” Traps. You don’t specify where the Spell Card is technically, so I think the wording should be “You can banish this card and 1 “Omnisceptor” Spell Card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Omnisceptor” monster from your hand.” Changed that comma to a semicolon, as banishing from your Graveyard to Special Summon is a cost. I’m not sure what the point of that effect is though, you only have 1 tribute monster in this archetype, and it has its own self summon condition, and your Tuner would prefer to be Normal Summoned. Also, looking at your last one, it has its own summon condition too, so this doesn’t really do much in all honesty.

Yuretani: With this you could get a Level 4 or 5 Synchro I guess, by summoning your level 2 Tuner, then Fuyutani or another copy of this. The need of 5 “Omnisceptor” Spells in the Graveyard means that you don’t have to limit it to just “Omnisceptor” monsters, as this thing would be a pain to summon in any Deck not focused on the archetype. I might put a HOPT on the summon though, as while not likely, if you drew into two of these, you could summon both immediately for a lot of Synchro-ing.

Senbon: Your searching card, this would certainly make the engines more consistent. If you want to make it less splashable, I’d say make it from the Deck only. Again, it’d make it more inconsistent as an engine, while functioning perfectly fine in a pure or focused build.

Zakura: Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down on the effects. This thing thins your deck by two traps, and allows you to draw a card in addition to Special Summoning 1 of your banished monsters? While I admit it’s a bit slow, seeing as you need to have the monsters banished in the first place, in this meta with ABC Dragon Buster, having an archetype focused on the banished zone would actually be pretty powerful. Anyway, I’d remove the draw 1 effect, it’s not really necessary, especially since you’d be going +2 (bringing a monster to the field, and drawing a card).

Yasashisa: A bit too strong right now. First off, I’d make this a Trap, you shouldn’t have immediate access to this kind of destructive power. Especially seeing as you can destroy this directly from the Deck to add it to the hand. And you should probably change that limitation of a Trap to a Spell.

Hana: Now this could be a spell, maybe even a Quick-Play one at that. It’s basically an archetype Specific “Pot of Avidity”, though as you’re destroying a monster in your hand or on the field, you’re actually going -1, so you might want to consider making it Draw 2, the restrictions on it would more than allow, especially seeing as we have other archetypal specific “draw 2 cards” like Convert Contact. The recovering of an “Omnisceptor” Spell is nice, but again, the cost for it is a bit extreme, you could probably just have it require you to destroy 1 in the hand, seeing as it’s not generic recovery.

Riyuu: Oh cool, a King’s Consonance for the archetype… that allow you to summon Stardust Sifr Divine Dragon with no effort. Just control Shirotani, activate this, pitch another Shirotani from the Deck, boom, level 12. I’d make the condition such that you should be controlling a Synchro monster, and that you can pitch an “Omnisceptor” Tuner from the Deck, to Special Summon 1 equal to the combined level. A lot more fair, allows you to dodge some nasty targeted effects, etc. Finally, for the last effect, it’s fine, just change one small thing “If an “Omnisceptor” monster you control battles another monster:”. It’s kind of frowned upon to double the ATK of a monster without it having to battle another monster, which is why Limiter Removal is limited. While designing cards, you should make them such that they are powerful enough to function and do what they need, plus a little extra in case they get disrupted, but not too powerful that they’d require several cards to be limited to be fair.

Ryuutani: It’s fine enough I guess, though it could probably be beefed up to 2300 all things considered. It just serves to only recovers banished cards, and possibly extend plays, so you’re making this midgame. Float effect is a nice touch, and could possibly shield your LP in a risky situation.

Tayutani: Effect is fine, the cost makes sense for the archetype, and it makes sense to be a play extender. I’d give it a HOPT though, so you can’t abuse it, since it only requires generic material. Seeing as it’s a Tuner though, that second effect for ATK gain probably isn’t going to be relevant since you wouldn’t want to leave this on the field. I’d consider making it an effect gained by the monster you Synchro Summon using it.

Harutani: This is making me question why you have no level 3 “Omnisceptors” to make going into this with “Tayutani” easier. Might want to consider giving “Tayutani” a Level reducing/increasing effect by possibly destroying cards in your Deck, so it can be a Level 2 to tune with your Level 6, or a Level 4 to tune with a Level 2. There is also precedence for this kind of effect in cards like Accel Synchron. Anyway onto the effect. Banishing a Spell from the deck to get your banished “Omnisceptors” cool enough, thanks for having the restriction on it being unable to attack that turn. However, this just makes me think you should make a Level 9 Accel Synchro (one that requires a tuner Synchro and non-tuner Synchro monster), that can be summoned with “Harutani” and “Tayutani”. That float effect is a bit disappointing though, as it doesn’t help thin your Deck, you only have access to what you already have played.

Uraatani: Now this is a pretty cool card. Non-targeting destruction on summon, and nets you another monster to go into more play. However, you should make it non-generic by requiring a WATER tuner, and/or a Pyro-Type non-tuner or something, as it’s a bit too strong to be this easily summonable, even if its statline isn’t that great. That negate effect is also way to strong and splashable, as you could destroy Yang Zing monsters in your Deck, to negate the activation of your opponent’s cards, and then proceed to Special Summon another Yang Zing from your Deck. I’d limit it to destroying “Omnisceptor” monsters, as even if you did make it non-generic, people would probably splash the engine I described earlier into their Deck to make this card, as people also splash 3 Galaxy Soldiers as an engines into decks with an abundance of LIGHT monsters, as it can make Cyber Dragon Infinity. This card is also much stronger than Infinity, as I it not only foolishes card, it destroys it, as a cost, meaning it can’t be negated. Not to mention the hell it’d bring if you got multiples of these to the field, it’d be Treatoad, except even more ridiculous. That effect on its destruction is a nice addition though, even if a bit situational, so cool beans.

Overall: Interesting idea for a Synchro archetype, but your main deck monsters really outshine your Synchro monsters, except for Uraatani. It feels like they’d be ran as a means to an end, rather than its own archetype, much like how “Norden” is used for a quick Rank 4 with “Instant Fusion”. Overall, I’d consider focusing the archetype more, such as make banishing as a cost more consistent, and have the recovery aspects be from the banished zone, for example. It goes a long way to make it easier to think of effects, as right now they feel a bit inconsistent. Making the Synchros more focused on a win condition other than summon Uraatani might be nice too. I think the idea you have is cool, it just needs to be focused more, and made less abusable.

Archived