Shipment Arrived: V O C A L Archetype

Pon3

Hello, [insert Username Here]! Thank for your purchase of Vocaloid Unit V O C A L Package, and we hope you have satisfied with the product! Inside is new Vocaloid Program with songs to use, see content below. 

-Basic Monsters-
[spoiler=-Basic Monsters-]
8418dd8aee.jpg

798aae09e8.jpg

798ad57b34.jpg

798b2744b5.jpg

8477e53902.jpg

84817ea91d.jpg

8413a201a0.jpg

798a3b8f2f.jpg

798afcc7f5.jpg

798b78e421.jpg

-Spells-
[spoiler=-Spells-]
7997e93702.jpg

848b9b892c.jpg

79995be720.jpg

79a01b9cad.jpg

7999382ba5.jpg

8493d5a88e.jpg

7999ac4dc1.jpg79989cc286.jpg

849f1876c8.jpg

799867e219.jpg

-Traps-
[spoiler=-Traps-]

79a8f876cb.jpg

79a8d61e58.jpg

-XYZ-

[spoiler=-XYZ-]
845f0d4c9e.jpg

845f8f3419.jpg

84600561c2.jpg

-All The Cards In Text Form-

[spoiler=-All The Cards In Text Form-]
-Basic Monsters-
[spoiler=-Basic Monsters-]
Vocaloid Unit CV-01 Miku Hastune

Level 4

[Machine/Effect]

For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this cards ATK by 300. When this card is Summoned, choose one of the following effects:
-When this card leaves the field: Special Summon 1 "Vocaloid" monster (from your hand), then deal 500 damage to your opponent.
-When this card is targeted by your opponent's card effect: Add 1 "Vocaloid" monster from your Deck to your hand, then deal 500 damage to your opponent.
1200 ATK/ 1100 DEF

Vocaloid Unit CV-02 Kagamine Len
Level 3
[Machine/Effect]
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this cards ATK by 300. If "Vocaloid Unit CV-02 Kagamine Rin" is face-up on your field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, place 1 Vocal-Counter on all cards on the field, then deal 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can place 1 Vocal-Counter on up to 3 cards on the field.
1100 ATK/ 800 DEF

Vocaloid Unit CV-02 Kagamine Rin
Level 3
[Machine/Effect]
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this cards ATK by 300. If "Vocaloid Unit CV-02 Kagamine Len" is face-up on your field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, place 1 "Vocal" counter on all cards on the field. Once per turn, you can remove 3 Vocal-Counters from a card to target it: destroy it, or banish it. Any cards banished this way are returned to the field, if possible, at the end of your opponent's next End Phase.
1100 ATK/ 800 DEF

Vocaloid Unit CV-03 Luka Megurine
Level 4
[Machine/Effect]
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this cards ATK and DEF by 300. Once per turn, you can switch this card to Defense Position. Once per turn, this monster is not destroyed by battle or by card effects that target this card. This monster can attack directly, but with halved battle damage, and if you do, remove 1 Vocal Counter from this card. If this face-up Defense Position monster would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Vocal-Counters instead, then deal 250 damage to your opponent.
1000 ATK/ 1500 DEF

Vocaloid Unit CV-00 Kaito
Level 4
[Machine/Effect]
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this card's ATK and DEF by 300. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Vocal-Counters from this card, destroy 1 card on the field. Once per turn, you can send 1 card you control back to your hand, then place 1 Vocal-Counter on this card.
500 ATK/ 1900 DEF

Vocaloid Unit CV-00 Meiko
Level 4
[Machine/Effect]
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this cards ATK by 300. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Vocal-Counters from this card: Banish cards from the top of your opponent's Deck, up to the number of "Vocaloid" monsters you control, then deal 250 damage to your opponent for each card banished this way. Once per turn, you can send 1 card you control back to your hand, then place 1 Vocal-Counter on this card.
1300 ATK/ 700 DEF

Vocaloid Unit 0401 Teto Kasane
Level 2
[Machine/Effect]
When this card is Special Summoned, deal 500 damage to your opponent. When your opponent activates an effect that would destroy a card with a Vocal-Counter on it, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Defense position, and if you do, destroy another card on the field instead. If this card was Special Summoned this way, you can Tribute it to Special Summon 1 "Vocaloid" monster (from your hand).
400 ATK/ 300 DEF

Vocaloid Unit IV-01 Gackpoid 
Level 2
[Machine/Effect]
During either players' turn: Remove 1 Vocal-Counter from a card on the field; When your opponent Special Summons a monster from their Extra Deck, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, that monster's effect becomes "Your opponent selects up to 3 random cards from your hand, then discards the selected cards (their effects are negated.)" until the End Phase, then deal 500 damage to your opponent for each monster discarded this way.
200 ATK/ 100 DEF

Vocaloid Unit IV-02 Megpoid
Level 2
[Machine/Effect]
During either players' End Phase: Remove 1 Vocal-Counter from a card on the field; If you took battle damage this turn, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, gain life points equal to the amount you lost this turn, then your opponent takes damage equal to half the amount of life points you gained this turn, then pay 1000 life points.
100 ATK/ 200 DEF

Vocaloid Unit SF-A2 Miki
Level 2
[Machine/Effect]
When your opponent declares an attack on a "Vocaloid" monster or attacks you directly, you can negate the attack, then Special Summon this card in Defense-Position, and if you do, you can Tribute this monster to Special Summon 1 "Vocaloid" monster (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned, deal 500 damage to your opponent.
500 ATK/ 200 DEF

-Spells-

[spoiler=-Spells-]

World Is Mine

Field Spell

All damage dealt by non-"Vocaloid" monsters is halved. "Vocaloid" monsters are not destroyed by battle with monsters of the same ATK. Whenever a monster declares an attack, place 1 Vocal-Counter on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Vocal-Counters from this card, and if you do, deal 500 damage to your opponent.

(ggrks!) Google It, You Moron!

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, you can remove 2 Vocal-Counters from this card: Search your Deck for a "Vocaloid" monster, then add it to your hand. Once per turn, you can send 1 card you control back to your hand: Place 1 Vocal-Counter on all cards on the field.

Bonus Stage

Special Summon 1 "Vocaloid" monster from your graveyard. Place 3 Vocal-Counters on that monster.

L.O.L.

Quick-Play Spell

This turn, when a "Vocaloid" monster with 1 or more Vocal-Counters on it would be destroyed, you can destroy a monster your opponent controls instead. When this card resolves, place 1 Vocal-Counter on all cards on the field.

Death Should Not Have Taken Thee

Equip Spell

Equip this card only to a "Vocaloid" monster. Place 1 Vocal-Counter on the equipped monster for each "Vocaloid" monster you control when this card is activated. When the equipped monster is sent to the graveyard, Special Summon it in attack position, then place 3 Vocal-Counters on it, and deal 500 damage to your opponent.

The Game of Life

Equip Spell

Equip only to a "Vocaloid" monster. Once per turn, you can add 1 Vocal-Counter to all cards on the field. When the equipped monster leaves the field, you can have your opponent roll a 6 sided die, then select up to a number of cards randomly from your Deck equal to the result of the die: Special Summon all monsters selected, if possible, and discard the cards not summoned by this effect, then add 3 Vocal-Counters to up to 3 cards on the field. Your opponent loses 500 life points for each card discarded by this effect.

Anti-virus Software

Equip Spell

When the equipped monster is targeted for an attack or declares an attack, you can place 1 Vocal-Counter on all cards on the field. When this card leaves the field, destroy all of you opponent's monsters with 4 or more Vocal-Counters, unless they discard 1 card for each monster that would be destroyed this way (those card's effects are negated).

My Lie To You

For each "Vocaloid" monster you control, draw 1 card from your opponent's Deck (your opponent may not see these cards), then they declare card names up to the amount of cards drawn this way. Any card names present in the cards drawn are added to your opponent's hand; any that are not are banished face-down. Your opponent loses 500 life points for each card banished this way.

Last Night, Good Night

Continuous Spell

During your Standby Phase, place 1 Vocal-Counter on this card. You can remove 10 Vocal-Counters from this card: Destroy all of your opponent's cards with 1 or more Vocal-Counters on them, then deal 500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed this way.

Panda Hero

Continuous Spell

Each time a Vocal-Counter is placed on the field, deal 50 damage to your opponent. Each time a "Vocaloid" monster is Summoned, place 1 Vocal-Counter on this card. You can remove Vocal-Counters from your side of the field to activate these effects.
- 2 Counters: Deal 300 Damage to your opponent.
- 4 Counters: Add 1 "Vocaloid" Monster from your Deck to your hand.
- 10 Counters: Deal 1200 damage to your opponent for each face-up "Vocaloid" monster you control.

-Traps-

[spoiler=-Traps-]

Risky Game

Counter Trap

When an opponent declares an attack on a "Vocaloid" monster you control, you can activate this card. Target up to 5 monsters with a Vocal-Counter on them, then flip a coin. If the result is heads, then double the ATK of those monsters, if the result is tails, either destroy them, or remove 3 Vocal-Counters from them, then end the battle phase.

Just A Game

You can activate this card when you have no monsters on the field, when during the previous turn, you controlled at least 1 "Vocaloid" monster with 1 or more Vocal-Counters on it. Destroy all monsters on the field, then Special Summon up to 3 "Vocaloid" monsters from your graveyard, and if you do, place 1 Vocal-Counter on all cards on the field.

-XYZ-

[spoiler=-XYZ-]

Vocaloid Unit CV-01 Miku Overloaded 

Rank 4

[Machine/Effect]

2 Level 4 "Vocaloid" monsters
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this card's DEF by 300. Once per turn, Detach 2 Materials or remove 2 Vocal-Counters on this card: Add the DEF of all monsters you control to their ATK until your next Standby Phase.
1200 ATK/ 2100 DEF

Vocaloid Unit CV-02 Rin-Len Overloaded
Rank 3
[Machine/Effect]
2 Level 3 "Vocaloid" monsters
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this card's ATK by 300. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Material or remove 1 Vocal-Counter on this card: Place 2 Vocal-Counters on all other cards on the field. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Material or remove 1 Vocal-Counter on this card: Either destroy a card with 1 or more Vocal-Counters, or send a card with 2 or more Vocal-Counters back to the owner's hand.
1200 ATK/ 1600 DEF

Vocaloid Unit CV-03 Luka Overloaded
Rank 2
[Machine/Effect]
2 Level 2 "Vocaloid" monsters
For each Vocal-Counter on this card, increase this cards ATK and DEF by 300. Once per turn, you can detach 1 material to draw 1 card. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Material or remove 1 Vocal-Counter on this card: Place 1 Vocal-Counter on a "Vocaloid" monster you control. That monster can attack your opponent directly, but with halved ATK this turn. If this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Material or remove 1 Vocal-Counter on this card: Negate the destruction, then deal 250 damage to your opponent.
1000 ATK/ 1500 DEF

-How It Works-

[spoiler=-How It Works-]
   Increase power of the naturally weak full of potential Vocaloid Units by exploiting utilizing musical talents, and forging power of the voice to increase their own offense, tear apart your opponent's easily distracted monsters, or burn away opponent's life points by cashing in supporting the voices of your Vocaloids. Whether they are flagship superstars, or rare one-hit wonders, every Vocaloid Unit be exploited used to their fullest potential to secure victory of your.

Many luck [insert Username Here]! We hope all victory will belong to yourself.

頑 張 っ て 楽 し ん で ね!

Have Luck and Fun!

no no no no no

hear me for the good lad, the layout of the cards and its written lore/effect is not convenient to most reader...its like you forcing them up and down on the page, type it underneath each respective cards. its more neat looking and overall shorter

for a while, its gonna  just a skim-result on the certain card just for sake of CnC rule

so the Miku ones....entering the field? (don't exist) on summon effect that active on removal? (Oxymoron). universally any means of entering the field in this game is worded as "Place/Placed" taken from Destiny Board's Spirit Message....but that wording is quite universal so either its too powerful , easily mistaken, or there no need to use it. so probs the better and more suitable wording overall is kinda like this:

"When this is Normal Summoned card is Removed from the field, you can active 1 or the following Effects."

the Xyz's is illogical: why don't you make the cost effect like this?:

"Detach 1 Material or remove 1 Vocal Counter on this card:"

there so much wording that not re-constructed from any wording available on this game, its down point weird. if i have more time i would point it out all of it but for now the above 2 is catching my eyes faster

no no no no no

hear me for the good lad, the layout of the cards and its written lore/effect is not convenient to most reader...its like you forcing them up and down on the page, type it underneath each respective cards. its more neat looking and overall shorter

for a while, its gonna  just a skim-result on the certain card just for sake of CnC rule

so the Miku ones....entering the field? (don't exist) on summon effect that active on removal? (Oxymoron). universally any means of entering the field in this game is worded as "Place/Placed" taken from Destiny Board's Spirit Message....but that wording is quite universal so either its too powerful , easily mistaken, or there no need to use it. so probs the better and more suitable wording overall is kinda like this:

"When this is Normal Summoned card is Removed from the field, you can active 1 or the following Effects."

the Xyz's is illogical: why don't you make the cost effect like this?:

"Detach 1 Material or remove 1 Vocal Counter on this card:"

there so much wording that not re-constructed from any wording available on this game, its down point weird. if i have more time i would point it out all of it but for now the above 2 is catching my eyes faster

Dear, DR. JOLLY GLOT THE III,

We have hear your input and have fix what we can. In reply to your misunderstand toward XYZ Vocal-Counter: They are Treated as XYZ material, meaning  it should be implied that they acquire all the properties of an XYZ material, but I suppose for simplicity's sake, I will trade the space saved for confusions saved (though I've never had a misunderstanding when running this deck in person). Thanks to you for your concern, we hope you to have victory!

Sorry I’m late with this review, college has been slaughtering me with the exams recently. Anyway, Vocaloid, I love Vocaloid, and the idea of making an archetype based around them has always appealed to me. I’ll do my best to give a good review on them.

Miku Hatsune: Just a small thing, I think it’d be better as Hatsune Miku, as last names usually precede first names in Japan. Anyway, I see you mention counters on this card, and that’ll be interesting to see where you take it. As for the two effects, the first relies on you keeping a Vocaloid in your hand, which is a bit annoying, as usually making a deck such that it requires you to hold onto resources instead of playing them is going to cause slow down, and prevent you from making optimal plays. Maybe if it could also grab from the Graveyard too. As for the second effect, it should be activatable by you targeting it too, similar to ”Maiden with Eyes of Blue”, as having your searching power depend on your opponent do a specific action is really too slow in my opinion. I notice you have Equip Spells, and those are easy way to target monsters, so something to consider.

Kagamine Len: I like that it has a nice self-summon effect, but you might want to include a clause like, ”You can only Special Summon “Vocaloid Unit CV-02 Kagamine Len” once per turn this way.” So you can’t spam multiples of these out in a single turn.

Kagamine Rin: Okay, this card feels like it was influenced by “Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss”, with it being able to remove a problem card from the field when necessary that your deck may have trouble getting over. The thing is, that this removal is too slow. First off you have to be able to target a monster, so against “ABC Dragon Buster”, “Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon”, and any “Majespecter” it’s going to be useless, it also isn’t a quickie, so you can’t disrupt Xyz monster by banishing them for a turn so they’re left with no material, which’d be nice, but even if it could, requiring 3 Vocal Counters to be on a monster before you can remove it is too many (I mean Predator Plant counters only require 1 counter to turn the opponent’s monsters into Level 1’s), and you’re getting rid of a card that boosts your monsters by 900 ATK, which is a significant boost. Here’s what you want to do, have it only require 1 counter to activate, allow it to be used during either player’s turn, but keep it as a targeted effect.

Luka Megurine: I’d switch the names around so it’s consistent with the Kagamine twins, also look at “Submarineroid” for how you might want to word the effect. Also, it should be, “Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect.” Also, what’s with the extra protection, where does it remove the counters from, you have to specify the location. I’m assuming it’s from this card, and if so it’s decent, but it’s strange to have this level of protection for your main deck monsters.

Kaito: Self bouncing effects are cool, but I hope you have cards that actually like being sent back to the hand. Also, wish this just removed vocal counters from the field, rather than just itself, as it seems a bit slow to do that. Also, since it can destroy any card (regardless of position, or type), might be good for it to target.

Meiko: Okay, Ghostrick Skeleton for Vocaloids. While Ghostrick Skeleton is cool, honestly I feel like this isn’t what this archetype needs. Ghostricks are a stally deck with not much power, so they like to mill the opponent’s deck to oblivion to speed up their win condition, Vocaloids don’t look to have the stall or swarming capability to do that as they are right now. Honestly, I’d focus on effects that help generate counters around certain conditions. Having your monsters generate counters on their own, or maybe as quick effects that can react in response to something, like being targeted, would be really beneficial.

Teto Kasane: Okay, this hand trap is a bit too powerful/versatile. You can use it against metalfoes to prevent them from destroying their own cards, our on your on, and in addition it allows you to destroy any card without targeting. I think the effect would be better stated as “When a card(s) with a Vocal Counter(s) on it would be destroyed by card effect, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), instead.” Also, I really don’t understand why you have it able to tribute itself to SS another Vocaloid from your hand, none of them have effects that seem to benefit from them being SS’d. If you want to look at a good card that you want to SS, look no further than “Elemental HERO Shadow Mist”, it nets you the primary playmaker of the Masked HERO build on SS, that being Mask Change, and it has effects beyond it just being SS’d. If you want to build a burn archetype, dedicate it to burn, if you want an archetype dedicated to counters, dedicate it to counters. If you want to mix the two, I’d leave it for an Extra Deck monster, something to serve as a Cowboy for Game to finish off limping opponents. You want your main deck monsters to promote your win condition, and you extra deck monsters to keep that win condition going.

Gackpoid: This effect is really poorly worded, I’m guessing it’s supposed to be a hand trap that activates when your opponent SS’s from their Extra Deck, but if that’s the case, that effect is extremely overpowered. Making your opponent go minus three when they decide to access their extra deck is just no. “Effect Veiler” does not need a better variant, which this basically is. I’d rework this card quite a bit honestly. I think the idea of it is too flawed to address directly.

Megpoid: This feels like a bit of a gimmick card honestly. LP recovery is not really important in this meta unless you’re playing Kozmo, but if you want LP to be something to possibly focus on, make it a side benefit, rather than the main part. Like have its effect be when it’s SS’d you gain 1000 LP or something, I don’t know. Right now it just feels like pack filler.

Miki: I mean it’s fine, but I really think “Construction Train Signal Red” serves as a better hand trap. Again, consider making these hand traps better support the win condition, whether it be by allowing them to dodge effects by tributing themselves to dodge targeted effects, and tag into other Vocaloids to maintain field presence, or helping to spam counters, they should be doing more than just stalling. Making cards to stop you from losing is not the same as making card to help you win. I would say at the very least this should have an effect that on summon, you can place 1 counter on each monster on the field.

World is Mine: Halving damage is nice, I’m guessing the Field Spell is built with the intention that you’re using your weaker monster to attack into stronger monsters to get more counters, but the fact that it only protects the from battle with monsters of the same atk is annoying. It’d be perfectly fine protecting them from battle in general, there are other forms of removal. Honestly, for generating counters it’s decent, but could be better. Kind of wish it had an effect upon activation, so that using Kaito’s effect to bounce it would be beneficial.

Ggrks!: Please don’t use memes for names, I know Konami has a tendency to do it, but it’s still kind of annoying. Anyway, put a HOPT on that second effect, and make it so that it can’t bounce itself, or else you can play this, use it’s first effect, bounce it with its second effect, then play it again, and repeat for all the hand advantage.

Bonus Stage: Pretty decent revival that helps get more counters. Wish it had a graveyard effect to, but it works perfectly fine as is.

L.O.L.: Okay, this effect is really not clear, since you’re saying this turn, I’m assuming that after you activate this, it basically becomes that whenever a card you control would be destroyed, you can destroy an opponent’s monster instead for the rest of this turn, instead of it just being a one-time thing. If so, this effect is prime for abuse. Splash in some metalfoes, destroy your own monsters, but in reality you’ll be destroying your opponent’s monsters.

Death Should Not Have Taken Thee: I guess it’s fine as a means to generate counters, and the revival effect is decent, not much else to say. I like that it combos well with Kaito and Meiko though.

The Game of Life: You can only discard cards that are in the hand, you would want to say, send to the Graveyard instead. Also, you would want to just reveal cards from the top of your deck, not randomly select from the deck, as no card has done that. Make sure to specify different cards, so that you can’t select the same card multiple times. Also, I’d change that to 2, because if you’re letting monsters stay on the field long enough that they can accumulate 4 counters, the duel has probably been pretty stalled.

Anti-Virus Software: Allowing them to have an alternate way to save their monsters is kind of bad, especially when nuke effects aren’t all that great anymore.

My Lie To You: This card is entirely too risky. A lot of people run Pot of Desires, and can cut their deck down to 15 cards within the first turn if they open well enough. If they run many of their cards in 3-offs, that means less different possible cards they need to choose from, meaning they’re more likely to get quite a few of them right, and if they do, that’s really going to funk you over, as you made them go plus 1 or 2.

Last Night, Good Night: Too many counters, honestly, this really only needs a HOPT, and have it set to 5 counters. Sure it destroying spells and traps too is a bit strong, but as I said earlier, nuke effects aren’t as strong as they used to be, and this can’t even nuke immediately like Raigeki.

Panda Hero: Search effect is decent, but put a HOPT on this effect, especially since it burns, if “Blaze Fenix” has taught us anything, it’s that people will find ridiculous ways to loop burn effect, no matter what.

Risky Game: Honestly rather not, I mean if you select your opponent’s monsters, and they have more than 3 counters on them, you can choose just not to remove them, and they can’t do anything. It just feels like a gimmick card in all honesty.

Just a Game: Pretty situational and difficult to pull of, but if you did, it could be pretty devastating, I’ll give it a pass.

Miku Overloaded: Feel like it should be until your next Standby Phase, anyway, I think it should separate its Xyz effects from its counter effects. Look at Number 38, it’s able to negate a spell in addition to having an effect that’s activated by detaching an Xyz material. Think about something this archetype could use, and make it the Xyz effect, but keep the ATK gain as the counter effect. Anyway, pretty standard for an attack focused archetype, but still appreciated, and can be pretty strong.

Ren-Len Overloaded: Pretty nice removal, but I think it should be limited to just detaching Xyz Material. Also again, I think the main deck monsters should be the one spreading the counters, while your extra deck monsters take advantage of them to cripple the opponent. I think if you made it so this card can spin cards during either player’s turn, but it can’t auto-generate its own counters, you’d have a much better card for this archetype overall.

Luka Overloaded: It nets you a free draw, so it’s decent, but other than being a decent wall for battle and destruction effects, don’t think it’s going to be doing you too much. I do think the direct attack effect is interesting, but most of your Level 2’s are hand traps, so it’d be pretty hard to make this thing consistently.

Overall: First off, I think you should focus more on the counter spamming, and less on the burn. We already have enough burn archetypes, and I think counters as representing music touching someone’s soul is a pretty cool idea. Second, build the synergy between the cards more, Rin and Len have some decent synergy, but maybe consider some between Luka/Miku, and Kaito/Meiko. Maybe Kaito and Meiko gain benefits from bouncing each other or something, maybe Luka can target Miku to activate her effect for a search. Your hand trap monsters should help generate counters, and should probably be more condensed, I mean unless your Ghostricks, you don’t need 3 different handtraps.

Your PSCT feels a bit out of date, maybe try giving this guide a read, as it was very beneficial to me in improving how I write cards. http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322020-ocgpsct-thread-writing-your-card-properly/ Also make sure to cross reference with existing cards to see that you’re following precedence (while also making sure those cards were made post 2013).

[spoiler= Awesome Review]

Sorry I’m late with this review, college has been slaughtering me with the exams recently. Anyway, Vocaloid, I love Vocaloid, and the idea of making an archetype based around them has always appealed to me. I’ll do my best to give a good review on them.

Miku Hatsune: Just a small thing, I think it’d be better as Hatsune Miku, as last names usually precede first names in Japan. Anyway, I see you mention counters on this card, and that’ll be interesting to see where you take it. As for the two effects, the first relies on you keeping a Vocaloid in your hand, which is a bit annoying, as usually making a deck such that it requires you to hold onto resources instead of playing them is going to cause slow down, and prevent you from making optimal plays. Maybe if it could also grab from the Graveyard too. As for the second effect, it should be activatable by you targeting it too, similar to ”Maiden with Eyes of Blue”, as having your searching power depend on your opponent do a specific action is really too slow in my opinion. I notice you have Equip Spells, and those are easy way to target monsters, so something to consider.

Kagamine Len: I like that it has a nice self-summon effect, but you might want to include a clause like, ”You can only Special Summon “Vocaloid Unit CV-02 Kagamine Len” once per turn this way.” So you can’t spam multiples of these out in a single turn.

Kagamine Rin: Okay, this card feels like it was influenced by “Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss”, with it being able to remove a problem card from the field when necessary that your deck may have trouble getting over. The thing is, that this removal is too slow. First off you have to be able to target a monster, so against “ABC Dragon Buster”, “Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon”, and any “Majespecter” it’s going to be useless, it also isn’t a quickie, so you can’t disrupt Xyz monster by banishing them for a turn so they’re left with no material, which’d be nice, but even if it could, requiring 3 Vocal Counters to be on a monster before you can remove it is too many (I mean Predator Plant counters only require 1 counter to turn the opponent’s monsters into Level 1’s), and you’re getting rid of a card that boosts your monsters by 900 ATK, which is a significant boost. Here’s what you want to do, have it only require 1 counter to activate, allow it to be used during either player’s turn, but keep it as a targeted effect.

Luka Megurine: I’d switch the names around so it’s consistent with the Kagamine twins, also look at “Submarineroid” for how you might want to word the effect. Also, it should be, “Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect.” Also, what’s with the extra protection, where does it remove the counters from, you have to specify the location. I’m assuming it’s from this card, and if so it’s decent, but it’s strange to have this level of protection for your main deck monsters.

Kaito: Self bouncing effects are cool, but I hope you have cards that actually like being sent back to the hand. Also, wish this just removed vocal counters from the field, rather than just itself, as it seems a bit slow to do that. Also, since it can destroy any card (regardless of position, or type), might be good for it to target.

Meiko: Okay, Ghostrick Skeleton for Vocaloids. While Ghostrick Skeleton is cool, honestly I feel like this isn’t what this archetype needs. Ghostricks are a stally deck with not much power, so they like to mill the opponent’s deck to oblivion to speed up their win condition, Vocaloids don’t look to have the stall or swarming capability to do that as they are right now. Honestly, I’d focus on effects that help generate counters around certain conditions. Having your monsters generate counters on their own, or maybe as quick effects that can react in response to something, like being targeted, would be really beneficial.

Teto Kasane: Okay, this hand trap is a bit too powerful/versatile. You can use it against metalfoes to prevent them from destroying their own cards, our on your on, and in addition it allows you to destroy any card without targeting. I think the effect would be better stated as “When a card(s) with a Vocal Counter(s) on it would be destroyed by card effect, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), instead.” Also, I really don’t understand why you have it able to tribute itself to SS another Vocaloid from your hand, none of them have effects that seem to benefit from them being SS’d. If you want to look at a good card that you want to SS, look no further than “Elemental HERO Shadow Mist”, it nets you the primary playmaker of the Masked HERO build on SS, that being Mask Change, and it has effects beyond it just being SS’d. If you want to build a burn archetype, dedicate it to burn, if you want an archetype dedicated to counters, dedicate it to counters. If you want to mix the two, I’d leave it for an Extra Deck monster, something to serve as a Cowboy for Game to finish off limping opponents. You want your main deck monsters to promote your win condition, and you extra deck monsters to keep that win condition going.

Gackpoid: This effect is really poorly worded, I’m guessing it’s supposed to be a hand trap that activates when your opponent SS’s from their Extra Deck, but if that’s the case, that effect is extremely overpowered. Making your opponent go minus three when they decide to access their extra deck is just no. “Effect Veiler” does not need a better variant, which this basically is. I’d rework this card quite a bit honestly. I think the idea of it is too flawed to address directly.

Megpoid: This feels like a bit of a gimmick card honestly. LP recovery is not really important in this meta unless you’re playing Kozmo, but if you want LP to be something to possibly focus on, make it a side benefit, rather than the main part. Like have its effect be when it’s SS’d you gain 1000 LP or something, I don’t know. Right now it just feels like pack filler.

Miki: I mean it’s fine, but I really think “Construction Train Signal Red” serves as a better hand trap. Again, consider making these hand traps better support the win condition, whether it be by allowing them to dodge effects by tributing themselves to dodge targeted effects, and tag into other Vocaloids to maintain field presence, or helping to spam counters, they should be doing more than just stalling. Making cards to stop you from losing is not the same as making card to help you win. I would say at the very least this should have an effect that on summon, you can place 1 counter on each monster on the field.

World is Mine: Halving damage is nice, I’m guessing the Field Spell is built with the intention that you’re using your weaker monster to attack into stronger monsters to get more counters, but the fact that it only protects the from battle with monsters of the same atk is annoying. It’d be perfectly fine protecting them from battle in general, there are other forms of removal. Honestly, for generating counters it’s decent, but could be better. Kind of wish it had an effect upon activation, so that using Kaito’s effect to bounce it would be beneficial.

Ggrks!: Please don’t use memes for names, I know Konami has a tendency to do it, but it’s still kind of annoying. Anyway, put a HOPT on that second effect, and make it so that it can’t bounce itself, or else you can play this, use it’s first effect, bounce it with its second effect, then play it again, and repeat for all the hand advantage.

Bonus Stage: Pretty decent revival that helps get more counters. Wish it had a graveyard effect to, but it works perfectly fine as is.

L.O.L.: Okay, this effect is really not clear, since you’re saying this turn, I’m assuming that after you activate this, it basically becomes that whenever a card you control would be destroyed, you can destroy an opponent’s monster instead for the rest of this turn, instead of it just being a one-time thing. If so, this effect is prime for abuse. Splash in some metalfoes, destroy your own monsters, but in reality you’ll be destroying your opponent’s monsters.

Death Should Not Have Taken Thee: I guess it’s fine as a means to generate counters, and the revival effect is decent, not much else to say. I like that it combos well with Kaito and Meiko though.

The Game of Life: You can only discard cards that are in the hand, you would want to say, send to the Graveyard instead. Also, you would want to just reveal cards from the top of your deck, not randomly select from the deck, as no card has done that. Make sure to specify different cards, so that you can’t select the same card multiple times. Also, I’d change that to 2, because if you’re letting monsters stay on the field long enough that they can accumulate 4 counters, the duel has probably been pretty stalled.

Anti-Virus Software: Allowing them to have an alternate way to save their monsters is kind of bad, especially when nuke effects aren’t all that great anymore.

My Lie To You: This card is entirely too risky. A lot of people run Pot of Desires, and can cut their deck down to 15 cards within the first turn if they open well enough. If they run many of their cards in 3-offs, that means less different possible cards they need to choose from, meaning they’re more likely to get quite a few of them right, and if they do, that’s really going to f*** you over, as you made them go plus 1 or 2.

Last Night, Good Night: Too many counters, honestly, this really only needs a HOPT, and have it set to 5 counters. Sure it destroying spells and traps too is a bit strong, but as I said earlier, nuke effects aren’t as strong as they used to be, and this can’t even nuke immediately like Raigeki.

Panda Hero: Search effect is decent, but put a HOPT on this effect, especially since it burns, if “Blaze Fenix” has taught us anything, it’s that people will find ridiculous ways to loop burn effect, no matter what.

Risky Game: Honestly rather not, I mean if you select your opponent’s monsters, and they have more than 3 counters on them, you can choose just not to remove them, and they can’t do anything. It just feels like a gimmick card in all honesty.

Just a Game: Pretty situational and difficult to pull of, but if you did, it could be pretty devastating, I’ll give it a pass.

Miku Overloaded: Feel like it should be until your next Standby Phase, anyway, I think it should separate its Xyz effects from its counter effects. Look at Number 38, it’s able to negate a spell in addition to having an effect that’s activated by detaching an Xyz material. Think about something this archetype could use, and make it the Xyz effect, but keep the ATK gain as the counter effect. Anyway, pretty standard for an attack focused archetype, but still appreciated, and can be pretty strong.

Ren-Len Overloaded: Pretty nice removal, but I think it should be limited to just detaching Xyz Material. Also again, I think the main deck monsters should be the one spreading the counters, while your extra deck monsters take advantage of them to cripple the opponent. I think if you made it so this card can spin cards during either player’s turn, but it can’t auto-generate its own counters, you’d have a much better card for this archetype overall.

Luka Overloaded: It nets you a free draw, so it’s decent, but other than being a decent wall for battle and destruction effects, don’t think it’s going to be doing you too much. I do think the direct attack effect is interesting, but most of your Level 2’s are hand traps, so it’d be pretty hard to make this thing consistently.

Overall: First off, I think you should focus more on the counter spamming, and less on the burn. We already have enough burn archetypes, and I think counters as representing music touching someone’s soul is a pretty cool idea. Second, build the synergy between the cards more, Rin and Len have some decent synergy, but maybe consider some between Luka/Miku, and Kaito/Meiko. Maybe Kaito and Meiko gain benefits from bouncing each other or something, maybe Luka can target Miku to activate her effect for a search. Your hand trap monsters should help generate counters, and should probably be more condensed, I mean unless your Ghostricks, you don’t need 3 different handtraps.

Your PSCT feels a bit out of date, maybe try giving this guide a read, as it was very beneficial to me in improving how I write cards. http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322020-ocgpsct-thread-writing-your-card-properly/ Also make sure to cross reference with existing cards to see that you’re following precedence (while also making sure those cards were made post 2013).

Thanks for the pointers, I really appreciate it! I wish I'd updated the cards on here, because I've been re-working them using DuelPortal as a guide. Basically, I added more burns, and lowered the costs of cards (while also adding the requirement of removing counters to activate the hand traps, except Miki, and turned Teto into a beast of a card (removing 3 Vocal-Counters to double all Counter placing for a turn instead of what she did previously), and heavily decreased the amount of counters for most effects. I also turned Meiko into a Draw 1 or 2 (depending on how many Vocaloids), and gave her a self bouncing effect too. I'll update them today, and if you'd like, take a quick browse and see how things look.)

I might be able to do so, no promises, as college is killing me slowly as I stated earlier.

That's fine, don't feel obligated. I can't thank you enough for all your time. I know my archetypes are flooded with cards XD If you do though, I'll send you a pizza roll.

Archived