Super Gadget (10/?)

Yuya-Kun

Monsters (7)

http://imgur.com/0n7SShh

Super Gadget Core

ATK/200 DEF/200 TYPE: MACHINE ATT:LIGHT LV/1

Effect: If your opponent activates a card effect that target's 1 "Super Gadget" You control, you can banish this card Special Summon 1 Level 6 "Super Gadget" From your Deck and if you do, negate that effect and destroy that monster. If this is in the Banished zone, you can tribute 1 monster you control, Special Summon up to 2 "Super Gadget" Monster's from your Deck

http://imgur.com/xlBjEOq

Super Gadget Core MK2

ATK/300 DEF/300 TYPE: Machine ATT/LIGHT LV/2

Effect: This card's name is alway's treated as "Super Gadget Core"

Once per Turn: You can target 1 of your banished "Super Gadget" Monster's that is Level 6 or below, banish this monster, Special Summon that target, ignoring it's summoning conditions. If this card is destroyed by card effect and sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Super Gadget" Monster from your Graveyard or banished Zone to your hand, and if you do, shuffle any remaining "Super Gadget" Monster's into the Deck.

Super Gadget Raypulsar
ATK/2200 DEF/2000 TYPE: MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/5
Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Super Gadget Core" You control. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, banish 1 Monster your opponent control's and if you do, you can banish 1 "Super Gadget" Monster in your Graveyard, this card gains ATK equal to half the banished monster's original ATK.

Super Gadget Blastship
ATK/2500 DEF/2000 TYPE:MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/6
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Super Gadget Core" You control. This card cannot be Targeted or destroyed by opponent's card effects. If this card would be Destroyed in battle, You can banish this card, target 1 of your banished "Super Gadget Core" Monster's Special Summon that target.

Super Gadget Orbiter
ATK/2600 DEF/2400 TYPE:MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/7
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 2 "Super Gadget Core" Monster's You control. If this card attack's an opponent's defence position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If this card would be destroyed in battle or by card effect, you can banish this card, add 1 "Super Gadget" Monster from your deck to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget Core" From your Hand, Deck or Graveyard, or in the Banished Zone.

Super Gadget Rayblaster
ATK/2800 DEF/2800 TYPE:MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/8
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Super Gadget Core" Monster's You control. This card cannot be targeted by card effect's. If this card destroy's an opponent's monster in battle, that monster is not destroyed, also, it loses 500 ATK and DEF.

Super Gadget Powerdrone
ATK/3000 DEF/3000 TYPE/MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/9
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 2 "Super Gadget Core" You control. If your opponent activates a Spell or Trap card while you control this card, you can negate that card effect and destroy it, but if you do, you cannot Special Summon monster's for the rest of the turn, except "Super Gadget" Monsters. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard and you control no Monster's, you can Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget" Monster from your Deck ignoring it's summoning conditions, but it's effect's are negated.

Super Gadget Powerworld
ATK/4000 DEF/3800 TYPE/MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/10
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 3 "Super Gadget" Monster's You control.This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by opponent's card effects. Once per Turn: you can target 1 of your banished "Super Gadget" Monster's, Special Summon that target, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget Core" From your Hand Deck or Graveyard. If this card destroy's an opponent's monster in battle, banish that monster. If this card is Destroyed by battle, you can banish this card from your Graveyard, Special Summon up to 3 banished "Super Gadget" Monster's except "Super Gadget Powerworld." You can only activate this effect of "Super Gadget Powerworld" Once per Turn.

Spell & Traps (2)
Gadget Rage
Normal Trap
Effect: Activate only if a "Super Gadget" You control is destroyed in battle, Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget" from your deck that is 1 level higher than the destroyed monster ignoring it's summoning conditions

Gadget Motherworld
Field Spell
Effect: When this card is activated, Special Summon up to 3 "Super Gadget Core" Monster's from your Hand, Deck, Graveyard or Banished Zone. Once per Turn: You can banish 1 "Super Gadget" From your Graveyard, add 1 Level 6 or higher "Super Gadget" Monster from your Deck to your Hand. If a "Super Gadget" You control successfully activates it's effect,t you can target 1 Monster your opponent control's, negate that monster's effects until the next standby phase.

So yeah that's pretty Much my Archetype so far, might add a Level 11 or a Level 4 but apart from that, i'm kinda done
The inspiration for this archetype was to add Kozmo's and Cubic's and see what i got, and i must say i\m proud of the turnout!

Super Gadget Core

ATK/200 DEF/200 TYPE: MACHINE ATT:LIGHT LV/1

Effect: If your opponent activates a card effect that target's 1 "Super Gadget" You control: you can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 6 "Super Gadget" From your Deck and if you do, negate that effect and destroy that card. If this is in the Banished zonebanished: you can tribute 1 monster you control; Special Summon up to 2 "Super Gadget" Monsters from your Deck

Super Gadget Core MK2

ATK/300 DEF/300 TYPE: Machine ATT/LIGHT LV/2

Effect: This card's name is alway's treated as "Super Gadget Core"

Once per Turn: You can target 1 of your banished "Super Gadget" Monster's that is Level 6 or below; banish this monster, and if you do, Special Summon that target, ignoring it's summoning conditions. If this card is destroyed by card effect and sent to the Graveyard: add 1 "Super Gadget" Monster from your Graveyard or banished Zonethat is banished to your hand, and if you do, shuffle any remaining "Super Gadget" Monsters into the Deck.

Super Gadget Raypulsar
ATK/2200 DEF/2000 TYPE: MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/5
Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Super Gadget Core" You control. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; banish 1 Monster your opponent control's and if you do, you can banish 1 "Super Gadget" Monster in your Graveyard, then this card gains ATK equal to half the banished monster's original ATK.

Super Gadget Blastship
ATK/2500 DEF/2000 TYPE:MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/6
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Super Gadget Core" You control. This card cannot be Targeted or destroyed by opponent's card effects. If this card would be Destroyed by battle: You can banish this card and target 1 of your banished "Super Gadget Core" Monsters; Special Summon that target.

Super Gadget Orbiter
ATK/2600 DEF/2400 TYPE:MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/7
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 2 "Super Gadget Core" Monster's You control. If this card attack's an opponent's defense position monster, it inflicts piercing battle damage to your opponentThis monster inflicts piercing battle damage. If this card would be destroyed in battle or by card effect: you can banish this card; add 1 "Super Gadget" Monster from your deck to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget Core" From your Hand, Deck or Graveyard, or in the Banished Zonethat is banished.

Super Gadget Rayblaster
ATK/2800 DEF/2800 TYPE:MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/8
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Super Gadget Core" Monster's You control. This card cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card destroys an opponent's monster in battleattacks an opponent's monster with less ATK than this card's ATK: that monster is not destroyed, also, it loses 500 ATK and DEF.

Super Gadget Powerdrone
ATK/3000 DEF/3000 TYPE/MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/9
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 2 "Super Gadget Core" You control. If your opponent activates a Spell or Trap card while you control this card: you can negate that card's effect and destroy it, and if you do, you cannot Special Summon monster's for the rest of the turn, except "Super Gadget" Monsters. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard and you control no Monsters: you can Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget" Monster from your Deck ignoring it's summoning conditions with its effects negated.

Super Gadget Powerworld
ATK/4000 DEF/3800 TYPE/MACHINE ATT/LIGHT LV/10
Effect: Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing 3 "Super Gadget" Monsters You control.This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per Turn: you can target 1 of your banished "Super Gadget" Monster's; Special Summon that target, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget Core" From your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: banish that monster. If this card is Destroyed by battle: you can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon up to 3 banished "Super Gadget" Monster's except "Super Gadget Powerworld." You can only activate this effect of "Super Gadget Powerworld" Once per Turn.

Gadget Rage
Normal Trap
Effect: Activate only if a "Super Gadget" You control is destroyed by battle: Special Summon 1 "Super Gadget" from your deck that is 1 level higher than the destroyed monster ignoring it's summoning conditions

Gadget Motherworld
Field Spell
Effect: When this card is activated: Special Summon up to 3 "Super Gadget Core" Monsters from your Hand, Deck, Graveyard or that are banished. Once per Turn: You can banish 1 "Super Gadget" monster/card from your Graveyard; add 1 Level 6 or higher "Super Gadget" Monster from your Deck to your Hand. If a "Super Gadget" You control successfully activates its effect: you can target 1 Monster your opponent control's; negate that monster's effects until the next standby phase.

So, if you're wondering what all this is above me, it's PSCT changes that drastically needed to be applied to your cards, as it seems you have little grasp of how it works. Don't be alarmed, though, many card makers (old and new, veteran and noob alike) have trouble with PSCT, and as fellow card makers, it's our duty to help those who need it, when they need it! (PSCT standing for Problem Solving Card Text.) HERE's a link that helps you understand, and utilize, PSCT to its fullest-- I suggest you check it out! Now, onto your archetype itself.

- - - - -

First off, for both Super Gadget Cores: they're Machine Duplication targets. Keep that in mind when designing their effects, as you don't want your cards to be overly broken and abuse able, like ABCs currently are.

For the archetype as a WHOLE: remember that the current top deck in this format is ABC, a group of LIGHT MACHINE-type monsters who utilize broken LIGHT MACHINE-type support leftover from the Galaxy-Eyes and Cyber Dragon days, and they could most likely abuse the living crud out of some of your cards, if they are generic. So, again, keep their abilities, and even Levels and stats in mind when you make this archetype. Don't want it abused by ABC or CyDras, do you?

SG Core: First off, where does this card banish itself from? You need to state that if you want us to understand how the card truly works, though I already covered this in the PSCT portion, I believe. Assuming this banishes itself from the Grave, you've got not only a negation, but also a monster SSer that works for almost free, and doesn't negate the summoned monster's effects, despite bringing it out from the Deck. On top of that, this card doesn't have any hard once per turn clauses on it, which means that it's simply WAITING to be abused. On top of that, if you can tribute a monster, you can get a pair of these for free, even if its the same turn you used its other effect. All of this adds up to me having a huge headache in anticipation for the rest of the archetype, as if they're as shattered as this card, I'm going to have a hard time suggesting fixes.

Thankfully, this one's obvious: smack a hard once per turn clause on this card, and make it EXTRA diamond tough. (Ex: "You can only activate 1 'Super Gadget Core' effect per turn, and only once that turn.")

Overall- Though it seems to be the centerpiece of the deck, the fact it's so abuse-able right out the gate worries me for what the rest of the archetype can do. Because, if they're all a bunch of underwhelming, effectless normal monsters, then this card would be as balanced as can be, ignoring the negation ability. But it isn't. 2/5

SGC MK2: A reviving effect, huh? Level 6 or below's a nice touch to stop it from summoning your boss monster with ease, though I have a feeling getting it out won't be a problem for the deck, so long as you draw it, since this is seeming to be a spam archetype, at heart: NOT a good sign. Again, you need to state where this card's effect will affect. As-is, it'll shuffle ALL your SGs into the deck, from the hand, field, Graveyard, Extra Deck (If they're Pendulum Monsters) and if they are banished, as well. I'm going to assume you meant "Graveyard", and seeing as this deck seems to want to banish a great deal, that probably means that it shuffling form the Graveyard is going to be minus for you in the future, though from an immediate standpoint, getting a great deal of resources back with the snap of a Dark Hole seems really cheeky. Still, the recycle effect seems nice.

Oh, and one more thing: state it as "This card's name can be treated as "Super Gadget Core" at all times." to prevent this card from stacking with your original Core, unless you planned on having to choose between this card, and the OG Core.

Overall, a pretty okay card, actually. Besides the PSCT fixes I recommended (and this: "When this card is destroyed by card effect and sent to the Graveyard: you can add 1 'Super Gadget' monster that is banished or that is in your Graveyard to your hand, and if you do, shuffle any other 'Super Gadget' cards that are banished or are in your Graveyard into the Deck.") it seems to be a balanced card in-of-itself. I have no real issues with it, though the SSing from the Graveyard/where cards are banished seems a bit off-putting. 3.5/5

SG Raypulsar: Cool name. Not-so-cool effect. It's kind of a mix of ABC Dragon and BLS/Chaos Summoner, though without the former's usability and without the latters' drawbacks. However, again, you are missing a few things. Which banished monster? If you recall, you end up banishing 2 things in order to get your ATK gain, so specifying which card in particular lets you gain ATK is a necessity. Also, why isn't its first effect targeting? Non-targeting, banishing removal's one of the most powerful ways of getting rid of problem cards, sans non-targeting shuffling into the Deck. You NEED to make it targeting, and I also recommend slapping a hard OPT clause on Raypulsar, as well, to stop banishing shenanigans.

Overall- an interesting entrance to the higher-level cards that worries me with its lack of HOPT, however, it's a decent card nonetheless. 3/5

SG Blastship: An... interesting member of the family, to say the least. While I don't like the Majespecter-esque protection effect this thing's riding on, the idea of it being a hit-and-run type of ship makes so much more interesting. However, I suggest you lower the ATK by at least 500 if you're going to not only make it card-effect-resilient, but also be able to dodge attacks and swap monsters. (Though, to an otherwise pointless card, stat-wise.) 

Overall- not much to say, other than it's a Level 6 that can dodge attacks better than most low-level Kozmos, though it definitely doesn't need the Majespecter-esque protection, in my opinion. 3.5/5

SG Orbiter: You know, for a 2 tribute, I figured this thing would be more impressive. Instead, it's just kind of another floater that doesn't do much for the archetype besides... exist, I suppose. Still, at least it nets you a Core, or something? Honestly, there was a lot you could've done with this card, but you just made it salt your opponent by slapping him on the wrist if he leaves his Chaos MAX in DEF mode, which he wouldn't do in the first place. All in all, a kinda pointless card, if you ask me.

Overall- you heard the man: pointless to the archetype, as it doesn't do anything but exist. 2/5

SG Rayblaster: So, like, is this Raypulsar's recreation? If so, I'm going to ask for a downgrade. This isn't Lunalights, man: you WANT your opponent's monsters gone, so you can deal more damage that way. Unlike Lunalights, you don't go off thanks to your opponent's monsters being scratching posts: you go off by being able to swarm the field, and OTK your opponent. With this card, it becomes literally impossible unless the monster you're about to attack has too much ATK for Orbiter to take care of, in which case, you should've just Raigeki'd that thing anyways, or Raypulsar'd it. Again, this is almost a pointless card, and with its cost, I'm tempted to say it's almost worse than useless. BUT, it does help soften up some of those tougher monsters so you can get over them, which I can respect, just a bit. At least it isn't Orbiter. Also, make this one immune to battle destruction and make it so it can lower the opponent's stats no matter what, so long as they remain on the field.

Overall- has a lot of potential to improve, and I can see this card being a useful boss-squishifier, should you get in a pinch, but as-is, it's sorta trash. 2.5/5

SG Powerdrone: This guy is just BEGGING to be abused, what with that "Screw your Spell/Trap cards" effect he has, which isn't once per turn, at least. Seriously, give this thing a hard once per turn clause, it NEEDS it. On top of that, if it dies, it can summon another copy of itself? Unacceptable. Especially not with THOSE stats and THAT ability. At least it doesn't knock out monster effects-- we're going to need them if we ever encounter this thing in a dark alleyway. Still, it DOES negate that monster's effects. So maybe it's balanced? I'm not sure, all I know is, that you need to give its Spell/Trap negation effect a serious re-think, and slap on a HOPT on that PLEASE.

Overall- a strong mid-boss card that scares me with that lack of HOPT and the ability to bring out more copies of its madnesss. 2.5/5

SG Powerworld: Seems to be Powerdrone's next stage, and holy MOLY is it a doozy. First off, give this thing some hard OPTs, especially on that summon effect. I mean, it's essentially 2 for the price of "practically nothing since I'm a 4000 ATK point body that can't be popped or targeted by your card effects". Though, good job on making this thing banish the monsters it destroys in battle before they hit the grave-- on that, you've done a good thing for this boss by making it slightly more potent, especially in today's meta, which is OBSCENELY Graveyard reliant. Not really sure how I feel about its last effect, but at least its HOPT, and after dying, this thing repays for itself, which for a boss monster, is really nice to see.

Overall- not exactly refreshing as far as PSCT goes, but for ability and strength relative to ease-of-summon, this guy's got something goin' for him. 3.5/5

SG Rage: Basically HERO signal, but a little better, since it's pretty much guaranteed to net you something. However, since it SS's from the deck, you NEED to slap a HOPT on this thing, along with having the summoned monster's abilities negated, as this is the easiest way imaginable to bring Powerworld out, and bringing out Powerdrone isn't all THAT hard if you put your mind to it.

Overall- a pretty "meh" card that's just a slow SSer, though its ability to summon your boss with such ease makes it viable to abuse, which worries me. 2/5

SG Motherworld: Eugh... what I was dreading. Okay, I'm going to go through this slowly, starting with its effect to bring out Powerworld first turn if you have it in-hand. Just... no. At least pay a couple thousand life points to do this, okay? And maybe make it so you can't enter your BP if you use its effect because GOD is that ever better than Union Storage (or whatever the ABC deck's field spell is called) by a mile. On top of that, if that wasn't bad enough, it has the audacity to let you search WHATEVER YOU WANT by simply emptying your already drained Graveyard, since you love banishment so much. And hey! A NOTHER way to get Powerworld/Powerdrone first turn! Yippy! Oh, and not OPT monster effect negation because why not.

What you need to do is simply slap this on the end of your Field Spell's card text, and the balance will be flowing forth from you like a river from the mouth of an ancient mountain: "You can only activate one "SG Motherworld" effect per turn, and only once that turn."

Overall- needs some HEAVY fixes, especially since it opens up TOO many plays that, if not handled immediately, could spell disaster for your archetype, not quite putting it at ABC level, but still having it shoulder a genuinely worrying amount of BS. 1/5

Archived