Infestation Resurgence ("lswarm" Support)

Krein

A thread for the various cards I've made to support my favorite archetype, "lswarm" (or Verz, if you prefer). The majority of these new cards were made with the intention of eliminating all of the problems lswarms had as a deck: lack of consistency, lack of recycling, little to no swarming potential, little to no additional ways to protect your field presence, summons, and effects, and few ways to truly control the duel. Additionally, the new cards were made with the purpose of making a combination of both Steelswarm and Evilswarm truly viable.

Hopefully, the deck's speed, consistency, and the number of plays it can make in a turn have been brought up to par with today's standards. I might make some more lswarm support in the future, but as of now, these cards seem to be doing quite well in fulfilling their purpose. Feel free to ask questions or provide suggestions.

[spoiler=Monsters]

loauwFD.png

Effect: This card can only be Normal Summoned by Tributing 3 “lswarm” monsters you control, and cannot be Summoned by other ways (cannot be Normal Set). Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card’s Summon. If this card is Summoned, you can target cards on the field, up to the number of “lswarm” monsters in your Graveyard; send them to the Graveyard, then gain LP equal to the number of cards sent x1000. You can pay 1000 LP to add 1 “lswarm” or “Infestation” card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Apollyon, the First Steelswarm" once per turn.

K83Zm3u.png

If you control an “lswarm” monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; its effects are negated, and it cannot attack if it is a monster. You can only use this effect of “Steelswarm Asilidae” once per turn.

r1yRCE1.png

If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Tribute Summon or effect cost of an “lswarm” monster, you can add 1 “lswarm” monster from your Deck to your hand. If you Special Summon an “lswarm” monster while this card is in your Graveyard: Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon “Steelswarm Tunneler” once per turn this way.

hsq3Iav.png

If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can either: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "lswarm" monster from your hand or Deck, OR add 1 "Infestation" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Steelswarm Infestor" once per turn.

2R5idi7.png

Once per Duel, if this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Tribute Summon or effect cost of an “lswarm” monster, you can place this card in your opponent’s Spell/Trap Card zone with this effect: Negate the effects of the first Spell or Trap card you activate and destroy it. During your 3rd End Phase since this card has been placed in your Spell/Trap Card zone, send it to the Graveyard.

BXOX3dj.png

You can reveal this card in your hand to send 1 “lswarm” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except “Steelswarm Ambusher”. If you do, gain 500 LP. You can only use this effect of “Steelswarm Ambusher” once per turn. If your opponent declares an attack with a Special Summoned monster while this card is in your Graveyard: you can banish this card and one other “lswarm” monster from your Graveyard; destroy the attacking monster, then gain LP equal to its Rank/Level x300.

3CM8VMa.png

If you control an “lswarm” monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can target 1 “lswarm” monster you control or in your Graveyard; this card’s Level becomes the current Level of that monster. Also, gain 500 LP.

eMUXjGS.png

2 or more Level 4 “lswarm” monsters

Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card to declare 1 monster card type (Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz, or Pendulum); return all face-up monsters your opponent controls of the declared type to the hand.

N4aaocX.png

2 or more Level 4 "lswarm" monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material; apply one of the following effects, until the End Phase.

• "lswarm" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.

• "lswarm" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

mPzdan8.png

2 Level 4 “lswarm” monsters

While this card has Xyz Material, neither player can Special Summon monster(s) more than once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets or would destroy an "lswarm" or "Infestation" card(s) you control, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that effect, and if you do, banish that card.

13AK7yX.png

3 Level 4 “lswarm” monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 "lswarm" Xyz Monster you control (with no Xyz Material) as the Xyz Material. Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate one of these effects. Each effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

• Your opponent cannot Special Summon from the Extra Deck this turn.

• Destroy all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls, and if you do, banish them.

• This turn, any monster that battles with an "lswarm" monster you control is destroyed at the start of the Damage Step.

2IL8HSt.png

3 level 4 “lswarm” monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 "lswarm" Xyz Monster you control (with no Xyz Material) as the Xyz Material. Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate one of these effects. Each effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

• Destroy all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls, and if you do, banish them.

• Any card that would be sent to your opponent’s Graveyard is banished instead, until the End Phase.

• Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects, until the End Phase.

[spoiler=Spells]

W638moR.png

(This card’s effects apply even if “lswarm” monsters you control become unaffected by card effects). “Evilswarm” monsters are treated as “Steelswarm” monsters while on the field or in the Graveyard. You can pay 1000 LP to target 1 face-up "lswarm" monster you control that is Level 5 or higher or was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck; activate its effect (choose 1, if multiple). You can only use this effect of "Abyss of Infestation" once per turn, and your opponent takes no Battle Damage during the turn you activate this effect. If this card is removed from the field, add 1 "lswarm" or "Infestation" card from your Deck to your hand.

82J56LA.png

Add 1 "lswarm" monster from your Deck to your hand. Except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "lswarm" monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Tunnels of Infestation" once per turn.

ahGybAA.png

Target 3 “lswarm” or “Infestation” cards in your Graveyard; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 2 cards. Except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Infestation" card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Course of Infestation" once per turn.

1JuxibD.png

While you control a face-up "lswarm" monster that was Tribute Summoned, a face-up "lswarm" monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, and another "Infestation" card, your opponent must pay 1000 LP to activate monster effects.

[spoiler=Traps]

cVuO9Z7.png

If you control 2 or more “lswarm” monsters, your opponent cannot activate card effects during the Battle Phase. If you control 4 or more “lswarm” monsters, destroy any monster battling an “lswarm” monster you control at the start of the Damage Step.

9RPOudM.png

Once per turn, you can target 1 “lswarm” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. Monsters Special Summoned by this effect cannot attack and are destroyed if this card is removed from the field.

jBqze8T.png

You can activate this card if you control either a Level 5 or higher “lswarm” monster or an “lswarm” monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Negate the activation of a Spell, Trap, or Monster effect, and if you do, destroy it, then gain 1000 LP.

h6DVYjJ.png

You can activate this card if you control another “Infestation” card and either a Tribute Summoned “lswarm” monster or an “lswarm” monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Neither player can Special Summon until the End Phase of your next turn.

• 2 weeks later...

• Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects, until the End Phase.

What the actual funk

No

Doesn't matter if it's only once

Did you intend for Magagore and Kaduceus to be made with the no image Lswarm turn 1 after clear opp field? Also, you forgot a no-XYZ-material clause on Kaduceus.

Saboteur doesn't need OPD IMO due to activation condition.

Symptoms of Infestation is pretty trash.

Surge being searchable and live with Ophion pretty gross IMO

Ophion searching prob could bork half the S/Ts TBH but not willing to do a closer look right now

@Kaduceus final effect

What the actual f***

No

Doesn't matter if it's only once

That's what I like to see. I'll admit that this particular effect is pretty busted, and it was made that way intentionally simply because I was in a rather "no one else should be allowed to play" mood when I made it. I've yet to actually apply it in a real duel, and other than knowing it is going to f*** things up pretty badly, I've yet to see how badly. In any case, I've already got a similar yet toned down effect on standby.

Did you intend for Magagore and Kaduceus to be made with the no image Lswarm turn 1 after clear opp field?

No, Steelswarm Guardian was made to detach 2 materials for its effect because detaching 1 for a bounce like that would be pretty dumb. Guardian now being able to summon Kaduceus and Magagore because of that was a happy accident. Also, image has been fixed. I think. I could see it fine on my computer, but I edited it with a new image just in case.

Also, you forgot a no-XYZ-material clause on Kaduceus.

Saboteur doesn't need OPD IMO due to activation condition.

Symptoms of Infestation is pretty trash.

Inability to be used as Xyz material has been edited in. Don't know how I missed that.

Saboteur would be pretty broken without the "once per duel" clause, in my opinion, since it's fairly easy to recover or resummon lswarms with the support.

Symptoms is pretty meh now that I look at it. Will think on how I can improve it to make it worth running.

Surge being searchable and live with Ophion pretty gross IMO

Ophion searching prob could bork half the S/Ts TBH but not willing to do a closer look right now

That's the point. Many archetypes have, or at least need, an easily accessible and usable counter trap. Infestation Surge can be used to protect your field presence or to interfere with your opponent, both of which are needed in today's game since many decks have the gift of "always being able to play".

Ophion's searching ability just makes the deck more consistent and faster, but it doesn't actually break anything considering Tunnels/Course of Infestation (the main cards you'd most likely be adding) have a HOPT clause. They didn't before, and things got out of hand pretty fast. You could argue for the trap cards, but adding those would really just cut your plays short.

Archived