Grand city of mirrors series

zepheris

This archetype is based on two things:

1) Snowballing the effects of field spells

2) Using the snowballed effects to boost mirror tokens

Grand city of mirrors

Field

Active only while you control no monster. Once per turn, you can summon Mirror Token (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Mirror Token on the field gain 1000 ATK. When you Opponent Summons a monster in his/her monster zone that in the same column as a Mirror Token you control: Target that Token; that target gain the ATK of that Summoned monster. This card cannot be Destroyed, Banished, and/or added to you hand or Deck by card effects. Your opponent cannot place Field Spell card in the same Field Zone this card occupied. You cannot play another field spell during the turn this card is activated.

The first effect may seem pointless, but it has it's reasons.

That last effect slows the deck down, and since all other field spells copy that same effect, you can effectively only stack once per turn.

The first half deal with mirror tokens, buffing them further, and they have the added boost of searching GCoM

Bulletproof coating

Field

While this card is on the field, it's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors". You can only activate this card if you control a face up "Grand city of mirrors". If this card is activated, this card gains all the effects that "Grand city of mirrors" had while it was face up on the field. While this card is face up on the field, mirror tokens gain 1000 atk and def. Mirror tokens cannot be destroyed by battle. You can discard this card, add one grand city of mirrors from your deck to your hand.

Soul stealing mirror

Field

While this card is on the field, it's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors". You can only activate this card if you control a face up "Grand city of mirrors". If this card is activated, this card gains all the effects that "Grand city of mirrors" had while it was face up on the field. While this card is face up on the field, mirror tokens gain 1000 atk and def. If your opponent summons a monster in the same column as a mirror token, it gains all the effects of the summoned monster. You can discard this card, add one grand city of mirrors from your deck to your hand.

Anti-magic coating

Field

While this card is on the field, it's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors". You can only activate this card if you control a face up "Grand city of mirrors". If this card is activated, this card gains all the effects that "Grand city of mirrors" had while it was face up on the field. While this card is face up on the field, mirror tokens gain 1000 atk and def. Mirror tokens are unaffected by spell cards, except "Grand city of mirrors". You can discard this card, add one grand city of mirrors from your deck to your hand.

Decree of the royals

Field

While this card is on the field, it's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors". You can only activate this card if you control a face up "Grand city of mirrors". If this card is activated, this card gains all the effects that "Grand city of mirrors" had while it was face up on the field. While this card is face up on the field, mirror tokens gain 1000 atk and def. Your opponent cannot activate trap cards. You can discard this card, add one grand city of mirrors from your deck to your hand.

Soul sealing mirror

Field

While this card is on the field, it's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors". You can only activate this card if you control a face up "Grand city of mirrors". If this card is activated, this card gains all the effects that "Grand city of mirrors" had while it was face up on the field. While this card is face up on the field, mirror tokens gain 1000 atk and def. If your opponent summons a monster in the same column as a mirror token, that monster's effects are negated. You can discard this card, add one grand city of mirrors from your deck to your hand.

Spiky coating

Field

While this card is on the field, it's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors". You can only activate this card if you control a face up "Grand city of mirrors". If this card is activated, this card gains all the effects that "Grand city of mirrors" had while it was face up on the field. While this card is face up on the field, mirror tokens gain 2000 atk and def. You can discard this card, add one grand city of mirrors from your deck to your hand.

Rage inducing incense

While this card is on the field, it's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors". You can only activate this card if you control a face up "Grand city of mirrors". If this card is activated, this card gains all the effects that "Grand city of mirrors" had while it was face up on the field. While this card is face up on the field, mirror tokens gain 1000 atk and def. Your opponent cannot set cards or special summon monsters in defense position. All monsters your opponent controls must attack if able. You can discard this card, add one grand city of mirrors from your deck to your hand.

Fill the rest of the deck with floodgates and draw power, maybe a lava golem?

It's an interesting concept, inspired off the anime seal of oricheles. Not my best deck ever, but it's interesting, and, there's probably no other deck in the world that can viably run 24 field spells and get away with it.

Now onto the concept. The 1000 atk boost stacks, so even activating multiple copies of the same card helps, at least a bit. If another field is activated, it copies the first effect of GCoM, all the downsides to GCoM, and the mirror token effect. Following this, each consecutive spell copies all the effects, and adds a bit more.

Regarding in your lately concern. Yeah its sucks that within a forum of card making you make something thats probably really creative only to be left hanging. Well its just something that happen in this forum (i cant count how many times it happen to me and several elite member) optimistically, it maybe a sign that your archetype actually doing(?) fine i guess

(On mobile so its kinda hard to type gonna send fragments by fragment. Dont worry it will be a full review today due to low card count)

Now for a general review: the concept is neat and clear. To continuously copying each card effect to buff your field exponentially. The name gain clause to bridge the copy effect is interesting although it doesnt seem necessary for that clause to be put on the original field spell since it already has that name.

City of Mirrors: the one that start everything: field generation with humoungously huge stat boost in fact it was too huge. Given that each of you card will copy one another (some even has its own stat boosting effect) it will be unfairly easy for the player to sudden generate a huge number of token with astronomical stat. The fact that its also gain whole stat of opponent monster with the same column means its always has capability to kill that monster and inflict 1000+ damage consistently

[Active only while you control no monster. Once per turn, you can summon Mirror Token (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Mirror Token on the field gain 1000 ATK. When you Oppenent Summon a monster in his/her monster zone that in the same column as a Mirror Token you control: Target that Token; that target gain the ATK of that Summoned monster. This card cannot be Destroyed, Banished, and/or added to you hand or Deck by card effects. Your opponent cannot place Field Spell card in the same Field Zone this card occupied.]

Bulletproof: protection from battle is no needed in this deck so the field search effect to compensate it is bit nice

Soul Steal: given the potentially huge gain. The effect stealing is a mean light icing to the pain. Of course if your opponent has no problem getting over huge stat monster then opponent only have to outsmart you using the knowledge of his/her deck own weakness

Anti magic: welp that take common removal from the equation. Given the OG field it self its immune to anything but the activation of your other field this is definitely OP

Decree: i dont get it about Traps being immune to attack thing care to explain?

Soul Seal: a Personal skill drain. In many situation its definely more useful than Soul Steal. Worrying powerful too

Spike: just a bland, overly huge stat boost. Search effect is again welcomed

Rage: and suddenly "Stumbling" is useful huzza. I don't like it much. a win moar card to ensure damage that also a basically a free summon lock to all things defensive. Not the taste i like IMO

The idea is really cool, a field Spell archetype that copies abilities, but has options, as opposed to Orichalcos.

Just a quick word:

The original City of Mirrors doesn't need the effect to be treated as Grand City of Mirrors. All of the other field spells should have that effect, which would allow them to copy the previous effects. How the wording would read right now, you would replace City of Mirrors with another one, then you'd be stuck with the new because it isn't treated as Grand City of Mirrors

Also, is Decree of the Royals supposed to stop activation? Pretty sure it is, but it says your opponent cannot attack Trap cards.

And the "opposite" of a Mirror token thing. I understand what you are saying, but the correct wording would be, "If your opponent Summons a monster in the same column as a "Mirror Token" you control:"

Other than that, keep up the good work!

The idea is really cool, a field Spell archetype that copies abilities, but has options, as opposed to Orichalcos.

Just a quick word:

The original City of Mirrors doesn't need the effect to be treated as Grand City of Mirrors. All of the other field spells should have that effect, which would allow them to copy the previous effects. How the wording would read right now, you would replace City of Mirrors with another one, then you'd be stuck with the new because it isn't treated as Grand City of Mirrors

Also, is Decree of the Royals supposed to stop activation? Pretty sure it is, but it says your opponent cannot attack Trap cards.

And the "opposite" of a Mirror token thing. I understand what you are saying, but the correct wording would be, "If your opponent Summons a monster in the same column as a "Mirror Token" you control:"

Just a quick word:

Just a quick word:

Just a quick word:

Just a quick word:

Just a quick word:

Just a quick word:

Did you just copy and paste the same text, like 5 times? I did mistype decree. The "This card's name is treated as "Grand city of mirrors"" is meant to be an effect that's copied by the next field spells, thus, their names also become GCoM. I could have placed that effect on every other card but GCoM, but I liked this better stylistically. That being said, if it's incorrect, then I'll change it.

Regarding in your lately concern. Yeah its sucks that within a forum of card making you make something thats probably really creative only to be left hanging. Well its just something that happen in this forum (i cant count how many times it happen to me and several elite member) optimistically, it maybe a sign that your archetype actually doing(?) fine i guess

(On mobile so its kinda hard to type gonna send fragments by fragment. Dont worry it will be a full review today due to low card count)

Now for a general review: the concept is neat and clear. To continuously copying each card effect to buff your field exponentially. The name gain clause to bridge the copy effect is interesting although it doesnt seem necessary for that clause to be put on the original field spell since it already has that name.

City of Mirrors: the one that start everything: field generation with humoungously huge stat boost in fact it was too huge. Given that each of you card will copy one another (some even has its own stat boosting effect) it will be unfairly easy for the player to sudden generate a huge number of token with astronomical stat. The fact that its also gain whole stat of opponent monster with the same column means its always has capability to kill that monster and inflict 1000+ damage consistently

[Active only while you control no monster. Once per turn, you can summon Mirror Token (Machine/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Mirror Token on the field gain 1000 ATK. When you Oppenent Summon a monster in his/her monster zone that in the same column as a Mirror Token you control: Target that Token; that target gain the ATK of that Summoned monster. This card cannot be Destroyed, Banished, and/or added to you hand or Deck by card effects. Your opponent cannot place Field Spell card in the same Field Zone this card occupied.]

Bulletproof: protection from battle is no needed in this deck so the field search effect to compensate it is bit nice

Soul Steal: given the potentially huge gain. The effect stealing is a mean light icing to the pain. Of course if your opponent has no problem getting over huge stat monster then opponent only have to outsmart you using the knowledge of his/her deck own weakness

Anti magic: welp that take common removal from the equation. Given the OG field it self its immune to anything but the activation of your other field this is definitely OP

Decree: i dont get it about Traps being immune to attack thing care to explain?

Soul Seal: a Personal skill drain. In many situation its definely more useful than Soul Steal. Worrying powerful too

Spike: just a bland, overly huge stat boost. Search effect is again welcomed

Rage: and suddenly "Stumbling" is useful huzza. I don't like it much. a win moar card to ensure damage that also a basically a free summon lock to all things defensive. Not the taste i like IMO

I agree with what's being said, mostly, and I admit the huge attack boosts is probably me overcompensating, but I was a bit worried about ED monsters being able to easily ruin the deck, with monsters like hot red dragon archfiend and such. I'll change the effects of GCoM as recommended. The Decree was a typo. Soul seal is actually not that amazing, because it can't activate on the ED zone, and also because, since your opponent can choose where to summon, all they have to do would be to keep away from the tokens. That being said, I could limit the placing of an extra field spell to once per turn, which would slow this deck down enormously, and make it vulnerable, early game. It would also stop you from opening multiple fields and breaking your opponent's deck from the get go. The deck would then be vulnerable to enemy monsters when there's a small number of tokens on the field, and bulletproof would be really important early game, perhaps even more so than Anti-magic or soul sealing.

Also, when are you going to finish the isohedron review? I've been waiting weeks...

Archived