Season of Lent

King of Games

Guest King of Games

This Tuesday was Shrove Tuesday, or the Passover, when Christians use all the extra butter milk eggs, etc and make pancakes. The tradition was started by Moses when he led the Israelites out of Egypt and God killed the first born sons. It was celebrated by Jesus and his disciples at the Last Supper.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. A day when Christians put ashes on their forehands in the shape of the cross. It symbolizes Something about "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" I don't remember exactly because our priest pronounces it "asses".

And today marks the beginning of Lent. It represents the 40 days Jesus spent fasting in the desert. And Christians are to give up something(ex: chocolate) for those forty days until Easter.

All in All a busy time at my school, and I'm not even Catholic!

So, what would you do without for 40 days?

This Tuesday was Shrove Tuesday' date=' or the Passover, when Christians use all the extra butter milk eggs, etc and make pancakes. The tradition was started by Moses when he led the Israelites out of Egypt and God killed the first born sons. It was celebrated by Jesus and his disciples at the Last Supper.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. A day when Christians put ashes on their forehands in the shape of the cross. It symbolizes Something about "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" I don't remember exactly because our priest pronounces it "asses".

And today marks the beginning of Lent. It represents the 40 days Jesus spent fasting in the desert. And Christians are to give up something(ex: chocolate) for those forty days until Easter.

[/quote']

I'm not Christian, but I do it anyway just to see if I can resist temptations

And there's already a poll for that http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-103518.html

This Tuesday was Shrove Tuesday' date=' or the Passover, when Christians use all the extra butter milk eggs, etc and make pancakes. The tradition was started by Moses when he led the Israelites out of Egypt and God killed the first born sons. It was celebrated by Jesus and his disciples at the Last Supper.

So, what would you do without for 40 days?

[/quote']

The ashes are from the Palm Crosses of the previouse year's Palm Sunday.

Anyway I have given up all Sci Fi novels this year (I do not like repeating myself for Lent)

Archived