This question... again...

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Question

Hi there. New guy here, and I'm about to ask a question that's been asked probably too many times.

Why can't Dark Synchros be added to the Card Maker?

Yeah, Yeah, I know. It's been asked a zillion times, and the responses have always been the same.

But it's the responses that really bug me. "They don't exist in the TCG or OCG, so there's no reason to add them."

Um.... it's a program provided so that people can make their own custom cards that ALSO do not exist in the TCG or OCG. So... what's the problem? As long as we're making custom cards here, why not add Dark Synchros? They're anime-only, yeah, but we've got so many super-clear shots of them, I just don't see why someone can't take one of those shots and dismantle the card itself into the template.

A lack of existence in the IRL card game shouldn't matter when all we do around here is make custom cards anyway. That's just my opinion on the matter.

19 answers to this question

Glad to know I got a small bit of support. But, guys, remember this is up to the YCM creators. All I've done here is present a case for Dark Synchros to be added. It's really their choice, and we should respect that. This isn't a democracy, unless they make a poll saying the result will determine their decision.

Just remember that, guys, and let's all be as mature about it as we can be.

You bring a very good argument...

But that is all that gets provided things that are really in the game. I understand what you mean but if we use that logic people could suggest we do anything they want. People in shops will happily do a dark synchro for you.

It's a custom card maker, we already are doing whatever we want.

As for the shops, all the Dark Synchros there that I've seen have either been too light or too dark. None of them really looked like the real Dark Synchros. This is why I suggested adding them to the YCM for the umpteenth time.

No i mean this..

Okay we get the Dark Synchros then someone think to them selfs, hey we got them lets do a custom color thing so we can make any color, hey lets make custom atrributes, lets make custom design anime card or regular card things could get ridiculous yes i no this might not happen but it might. And im sure if enough people agree with this you will get it to stand and thats why i feel some people might do same with a foolish option..

i refer you to a different thread someone has already asked for custom card color thing.. give me few minutes i will find it..

downloadable program.. why should ycm do that to please a small minority of people.. i don't think so.. ycm is fine as it is, we do not need dark synchros they are anime only not official cards, its a great forum that provides fun for a lot of people the creators/owners have provided us with the card maker and now sub-type changes so i see no reason why they should provide us with dark synchros we have everything we already need..

No i mean this..

Okay we get the Dark Synchros then someone think to them selfs' date=' hey we got them lets do a custom color thing so we can make any color, hey lets make custom atrributes, lets make custom design anime card or regular card things could get ridiculous yes i no this might not happen but it might. And im sure if enough people agree with this you will get it to stand and thats why i feel some people might do same with a foolish option..

[/quote']

but their "custom" color and attribute don't have anywhere near the chance that Dark Synchros will be released.

I don't really see a reason to make anime cards because they don't seem very realistic to me which is the whole point of this site.

@Wolfgang,welcome to YCM,i hope you enjoy it here as much as DMU

i never really thought of it that way,but i am still wondering where Yugioh Wikia got that picture.

Hey, Pony. Thanks for the welcome.

In any case, I really don't see why we should only make unofficial cards based on printed cards. Anime-only are just as official as printed cards, and I say this because the same people are behind it all.

The chance of people suddenly going all-out and asking for custom colors is very, very small at best. That's not much of a reason to hold off on one card type.

go to the above link there is a few agreed already...

why do we need the card type..?? answer that

I went to the link. Gotta say that Photoshop or Gimp could give them what they're looking for, but I doubt either one could give us Dark Synchros without being able to dismantle one of the Dark Synchros already provided. No one else has succeeded in getting the colors and shades right.

And as for your question... why do we need a custom card maker?

Exactly we don't need dark synchro's..

You agree not their necessary..

Not quite.

See if we don't need Dark Synchros, then we don't even need a card maker and there was no point in making the thing in the first place. By that logic, there's no reason NOT to add Dark Synchros, since it's all pointless anyway. So it might as well be done.

On the flipside, it can be reasoned that they ARE necessary since they are an official card type, OCG or TCG presence being irrelevant. They're made by the people behind the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, so they count.

Add them because we don't need any of this and it's just biased not to add them or add them because they're official anyway. That's my case.

And, no, the first thing cannot be used for the custom card color thing because there is no card type that would actually qualify for any of that. Don't bother mentioning the god cards because Obelisk was already made playable, DIVINE Attribute and all. Other colors like that are not official, whether in the anime, the manga, or any other medium of the game.

Your argument is getting laughable now so i will leave this thread now..

Your talking about things not existing and that' date=' but they do, dark synchros are not an officially released card type so therefore we do not need them end of discussion..

[/quote']

How is my argument laughable? We make unofficial cards all the time. If you're gonna say Dark Synchros are unofficial because they aren't printed cards and completely ignore the fact that they're made by the same people who make all the other cards that templates have been added for, then there's still no reason not to add it since all we do here is make unofficial cards anyway.

Archived