a new sub-type I've been thinking of =D mercinaries

Force_Flex

[align=center]I've been thinking of a new type of card called, Mercs... short for Mercinaries. These cards go in the "Merch Deck" wich is placed in the middle of the two duel mats... or in the middle of were the duelests are dueling... any player can use them, but it takes 1 turn to summon them. You can only summon them by "Merc Summon". Merc Summon is when you give up your battle phase to draw a card from the merc deck... you can choose to summon him at the cost of Life Points each turn (this is there payment) and you get the card next battle phaze. The payment is based on lv stars. If it's a lv 4 monster, the starting price is 400 LP per turn lv 5 is 500 LP and so on and so on. If you don't like the card, send it to the merc Grave. this is like any other graveyard but only for mercs =D. Players can buy mercs off, like say if someone was paying 500 LP per turn, you could buy the merc for 600 LP per turn.

They'll be red =D any help on how to word them would be appreciated =D[/align]

Interesting idea. That would change the game quite drastically and add strategy. I was thinking of eliminating the "buy-off" strategy that allows you to take control of the opponent's Mercs because that could be HEAVILY abused. Make a few cards so I can see the basic structure. Use recoloring and the subtype trick to be able to make the card. I'm sure there are tutorials to help you.

Interesting idea. That would change the game quite drastically and add strategy. I was thinking of eliminating the "buy-off" strategy that allows you to take control of the opponent's Mercs because that could be HEAVILY abused. Make a few cards so I can see the basic structure. Use recoloring and the subtype trick to be able to make the card. I'm sure there are tutorials to help you.

My computer is too slow for me to do any re-colors or anything... It takes about 15 mins to load the internet... :cry:. I'm not the greatest with OCG... I have trouble with the wording part of it... If you could think of the correct ocg for the beginning effect for these cards I would be grateful =D

My computer is too slow for me to do any re-colors or anything... It takes about 15 mins to load the internet... :cry:. I'm not the greatest with OCG... I have trouble with the wording part of it... If you could think of the correct ocg for the beginning effect for these cards I would be grateful =D

Check this out:

wahuz5.jpg

Image credit goes to http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/040727/18614__gladiator_l.jpg.

During your End Phase' date=' you can pay 400 Life Points + 100 Life Points for every Merc Counter on this card. During each player's Standby Phase, that player can gain control of this card and place a Merc Counter on it. The new controller cannot enter their Battle Phase during the turn they gain control of this card.[/quote']

It doesn't cover the Merc Summoning rules, but this is what I came up with.

Archived