Nightmare and Soul Edge

ohgodwhy!

[align=center]12823.jpg

[spoiler=Nightmare effect]This card cannot be Special Summoned from your Deck. You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard if you control 2 or more DARK monsters and one of the monsters is equipped with "Soul Edge". When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, remove "Soul Edge" from the equipped monster and equip it to this card instead. This card card can attack monsters on both sides of the field. Increase this card's ATK by 100 every time this card destroys a monster. If a monster destroyed by this card was a LIGHT monster, increase this card's ATK by 200. As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, negate the effects of all Spell Cards, except Equip Spell Cards, on the field.

12823i.jpg[/align]

Soon to be holed. More cards coming soon.

art: digital-rivers on deviantart.

Change Nightmare's effect to read "As long as this Monster is face-up on the field, negate the Effects of all Spell Cards except for 'Soul Edge'." As it is now, it negates Soul Edge too... Unless that's what you want. Actually, its pretty damn good, and sufficiently balanced too. Certainly kicks the Red Eyes Black Dragons butt.

Axe of Despair is a slightly different story, though. From memory, it does have a drawback, you can only equip it to Warriors and Beast-Warriors, both of whom are legendary for low ATK level 4 and lower Monsters (seriously, Dark Blade is the only Level 4 with decent attack that comes to mind right know, though correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a REALLY long time since I've seen a Axe of Despair). My beef with Soul Edge is more the fact that it gets immediately equipped to Nightmare. He may as well have 1000 more Attack. But hey, your Card.

Actually, now that I've actually examined how a duel would play out with Nightmare, I'd say Soul Edge is a little underpowered. You'd probably only include it for Nightmare's effect (I'm assuming both are Limited Cards here, or at least Nightmare is, thanks to his effect). 300 Life Points for a 1000 boost? You won't need it for long, if at all, thanks to Nightmare's effect, which is a really nice Lock-down. I'm not joking, I'd absolutely tear my friends Elemental Hero deck apart with this guy.

I recommend changing the first three lines of Nightmare's effect to the following.

"This Monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This Monster can only be Special Summoned by Releasing 2 face-up DARK Monsters on the Field while 'Soul Edge' is face-up. Do not destroy 'Soul Edge', instead, equip it to this Monster. If this Monster is in the Graveyard, you may Special Summon it to the Field in face-up Attack Position by fulfilling the above Special Summoning conditions."

It accomplishes the same thing (can't Special Summon from your deck) but it also prevents you from summoning it too easy. As it is now, you only need to Release a pair of Monsters, unless, of course, it was in the Graveyard.

P.S. Your lock-down on Spell Cards isn't as effective now, but oddly appropriate. I like it. Good work.

Archived