Eternal Shadows ~Cryptid Fan Fic~ (Chapter 8 up! Character list up! Need Characters!

fenrir

My friend gave me inspiration for this fic, so I decided to post it.
[spoiler=Character List]
[spoiler=Bruce]
[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/Razgri47/Livers/00a5bad29bc6b0_full.jpg[/IMG]
Bio: Bruce is the heir to the man who started the organization, Eternal Shadows. He is often respected by everyone because of this. He has a crush on Anemone. He's the team leader.
Relations with Characters:
Dominic: Rival
Anemone: Crush
Giovan: Friend
Commander: Commander
Stephanie: Cute girl
Voltaire: Good chef
Weapon: N/A
Theme Song: Coming Soon
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dominic]
[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii212/victoria11111111111/l_17446a14527d0965c98cdcecf2091503.jpg[/IMG]
Bio: Dominic is one of the only adopted members of Eternal Shadows. He is the weapons master, his job by day is a Zookeeper.
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHn1Pgj6Zk
Bruce: Annoying Kid
Anemone: Girlfriend
Giovan: Close friend
Commander: Annoying old man
Stephanie: Annoying girl
Voltaire: Sadistic friend and food guy
[spoiler=MODs]
[spoiler=Claymore]
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z133/ARTIFEX47/Weapons/HolyKnight.jpg[/IMG]
[/spoiler]
Katana
[/spoiler]
Theme Song: Coming soon
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Anemone]
[IMG]http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp316/Sonnacchia/Anime%20girls%20and%20boys/anime_girl_28001.jpg[/IMG]
Bio: Anemone is a cheerful girl. She loves music and is the team's Sniper. Her day time job is being a DJ.
Relations with characters:
Bruce: Friend
Dominic: Boyfriend
Giovan: Relative
Stephanie: Best friend
Voltaire: Friend
Weapons: Sniper
Theme Song: Coming Soon
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Giovan]
[IMG]http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/neko-lizard96/anime%20oh%20yes/kuroshitsuji/2006_10s_02.jpg[/IMG]
Bio: Giovan is the mansions butler. Nothing else is known, other than he is related to Anemone.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stephanie]
Name: Stephanie McPhilleas
Short Bio: She is the Commander´s daughter, and a great martial artist. At daytime she is part-time Judo Instructor and part-time Car Mechanic.
Appearance: [img]http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/M/ME/MES/MessengerOfDeath/1208998621_cturescool.jpg[/img]
Reason for joining Eternal Shadows: Her dad is the Commander, nuff said.
Position in team: Close-Range Fighter
Bruce: Secret crush
Dominic: Neutral
Anemone: Best friend
Giovan: Butler
Commander: Commander and daughter
MODs: Several throwing knives around her belt and spiked gloves.
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXTH88AHqM
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Voltaire]
Name: Voltaire La Perc
Short Bio: Voltaire is from France, and he is an orphan, since his parents were killed by the monster Mokole Mbembe when they were on a trip in Africa. He has swore to avenge his parents ever since. He is the team´s Demolition Expert, and work as a French Chef during the day.
Appearance: [img]http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/25464anime-guy.jpg[/img]
Reason for joining Eternal Shadows: He wants to avenge his parents death.
Position in team: Demolition Expert
Bruce: Annoying guy
Dominic: Sadistic friend
Anemone: Meh...
Giovan: Butler
MODs: Rocket Launcher
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvZxxE9OX0
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prologue]
It was a dark and stormy night, in a thick forest, men in army uniforms are aiming there guns wildly into the forest.

“Did you see that!?! One of them whispers.

“Yea! The size of a boulder!” Another replies.

“All that… Hair, and muscle.” Another murmurs.

Suddenly a roar is heard and they freeze. They slowly turn around, still aiming their hunting rifles at the forest. Something shook a bush. A boulder was thrown out of the forest and crashed into two of the men, flattening them instantly. The last one dropped his gun and ran, ran as far as he could. He crashed through the bush, trying to find some sort of life. Looked up ahead and there was light. Yes, finally! A large figure moved into the way of the light, the darkness covering him. It brought it’s fist up and the man screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

[i]Well, today we have an odd news story. The body of a reported poacher was found on a lone street today. A trucker found it after running it over with his 16 wheeler. The man appeared to be strangled, and then thrown from a very far distance, with the right side of his head missing. Police presume that he was thrown from inside our very own Mantery State Forest. Locals have been ranting that it was Bigfoot, saying that the beast was taking revenge, but the police have just dismissed them.[/i]

*Click*

The tv was shut off.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 1; Great Beginning]
It’s a nice sunny day. A black BMW was driving down a lone road, where the dead poacher was. It continued and drove through a forest, still on the manmade road. It eventually led to an open beautiful field, with a nice breeze blowing past, and one giant oak on a small hill, still covered by the long grass and beautiful flowers. A mansion stood in the middle of all this, a huge mansion. As the BMW passed the tree the boy inside spotted a nice girl. She had orange hair that escalated into a red by the tips. She spotted the boy and smiled. The boy blushed, and waved. The BMW soon reached the mansion, in which the driver got out and quickly opened the door for the boy.

“Well, here we are Master Bruce.” The butler said. He was a young man, around his 20s. He had long black hair.

“Thank you, Giovan.” Bruce, the boy answered. He had blonde hair, black at the tips. He was young for a boy who spoke maturely.

“You’ll find the Master Geoffrey inside.” Giovan bowed slightly and motioned for the door of the mansion. The mansion itself was colossal. He stepped inside, ignoring the details of the mansion. The main hall was beautiful, with paintings hanging at the sides and a luxurious red carpet leading to the stairs upward, or to the left and right. He decided to head up the stairs and took a right. He made a left and ended up in a lone hallway. It seemed to be dirty, but often visited. He walked down the hallway. He opened the door at the end and was presented with stairs. He walked down the old rusty stairs and ended in a large room, with screens and al sorts of technologic equipment he had never seen, or even heard of. A giant black screen was at the end of the room and several desks lined with stationary computers were in front of the screen, and several people were working on them. Behind them, an elevated desk stood. Probably the command center. A man with a short brown beard stood there, watching the screen. He had spiky brown hair and deep blue eyes. He glanced at Bruce and motioned him to come over. Bruce nodded and went over to the desk.

“So you must be the new recruit eh?” He asked.

“Yes sir.” Bruce answered.

“Good good, now where’s Dominic and Anemone…”

“Here old man.”

The commander turned around and a tall young man with black hair and piercing red eyes stood there.

“Good, and Anemo-“

“Here!”

Bruce looked behind them and spotted the girl he had seen earlier. She skipped towards the commander.

“So this is the new guy?” Dominic asked, a mocking tone in his voice.

“Dominic! Don’t be such an ass.” Anemone kneed him playfully in the shin.

“Agh! Fine. Jeeze.” Dominic scratched his head and turned towards Bruce. “If you’re going to be on my team, you’re going to need some MODs.” He said. He started to walk towards a door, with Anemone following him. Bruce shrugged and followed him as well. Dominic opened the door which led them into a medical room with a doctor. It was a regular medical room.

Dominic sat on a bench. Anemone sat by him and Bruce sat by Anemone.

“What are, MODs?” Bruce asked.

Dominic chuckled and stood up. His right arm started to glow white and a Black Katana sheath appeared in his hand, it had a black cross at the end and it obviously housed a sword. Anemone stood up and her left arm glowed. This time, instead of a sword, it was a Sniper.

Dominic took his Katana out. “These are MODs.”

“Oh, so. We use these to hunt Cryptids?” He asked.

“Pretty much, except when it comes to the mental ones, like Moth-“

“Shut up!” Dominic yelled.

“Mental or not, I’m going to permanently slice that thing up!” Dominic stormed off, his sword disappearing.

“Oh, Dominic.” Anemone. Shook her head.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 2; Death what?]
“What’s with him?” Bruce asked.

“Just some childhood drama. Anyways, we should probably intr-“

“Hey Anemone! Who’s the new guy?” A girl walked in the medical room. She was rather tall with long blue hair.

Bruce blushed. He was next to two gorgeous women.

“He’s Bruce, he’s the new guy on our team.” Anemone replied.

“Ah, ok. Hi Bruce!” She said.

“U-uh. Hi..” Bruce replied.

The girl giggled.

“Well then, I have to get going. Stephanie, show Bruce around.” Anemone started off down the same direction Dominic went.

“Sooooo, should I introduce you to our chef?” Stephanie asked.

“Ok…” Bruce replied. “Is he even in our team?”

“Oh yes.” Stephanie answered. She led Bruce down a hallway that was connected to the medical room. It led to a wide dining hall. A door to the left indicated that there was a kitchen. They stepped inside. A man with black hair was flipping pans. A delicious aroma filled the kitchen. He was signing a song.
“When you’re evil…”

“Hey! Voltaire! New guy’s here!” Stephanie yelled.

Voltaire mistimed his throw thanks to that and a pan landed on his head.

“Damnit Stephanie! We have a concert to perform and you screw me up!” Voltaire yelled.

“Well sorry! Anyways, here’s the new guy.” Stephanie stepped back and pushed Bruce forward.

“Uh, hi.” Bruce said.

“Uh, hello. I’m Voltaire, explosives expert extraordinar.” He replied with a small bow.

“Shut up and give me my fricking food!” A yell was heard. Voltaire rolled his eyes and lifted a plate filled with delicious homemade pizza. He walked out and set the plate down on the table, where Dominic and Anemone were waiting. Anemone had an annoyed look on her face, and Dominic was obviously pissed off. Voltaire quickly left and Stephanie sat down, snagging a slice of pizza along with the rest of the team. Bruce sat next to Stephanie, and Voltaire quickly came back in. He placed down another plate, with tall glasses in them. The glasses had some sort of drink. He quickly sat down as well.

“Alright, so the cops find some poacher dead, and locals guess it’s Bigfoot.” Dominic started.

“So, I went ahead and did some research, and found out that it was Bigfoot.” He finished.

“Ok, we get that, but why?” Stephanie asked.

“We’re guessing it has to do with there being another Cryptid in the area.” Anemone replied.

“Meh, we would have known.” Voltaire said.

“No, I’m guessing it has to be something, supernatural.” Dominic added.

“Supernatural? You’re crazy.” Stephanie said.

“No, it could be. Remember Black Shuck?” Anemone added.

“True, but what could it be this time? I mean, if it lived on the ground, we would have had to seen it by now.” Voltaire asked.

“Deathraptor…” Dominic said.

“Death what?” Stephanie asked.

“Deathraptor.” Anemone replied. It’s a huge owl, said to be an omen and actively hunts religious people, or kids in it’s territory.”

Stephanie bursted out laughing. “You have to be kidding me! That can’t possibly exist!”

Everyone except Bruce shot a look at her.

“Excuse me?” They said in union.

“Sorry…” Stephanie replied in a small voice, she retracted in her seat.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 3; Meh, fine.]
“Alright, so how are we gonna take out Bigfoot?” Dominic asked.

“Explosives?” Voltaire suggested.

“That would get the locals pretty angry.” Anemone replied.

“But, we finish faster.” Bruce added.

Everyone shot a look at him. He noticed and cowered a bit.

“So, should we split into two teams? One for Bigfoot, and the other for Deathraptor?” Dominic suggested.

“Ok then, who’s with who?” Stephanie asked.

“I’ll be team leader for Deathraptor.” Dominic said.

“Then I’ll be team leader for Bigfoot.” Voltaire said.

“Ok then, I’m with Dominic.” Anemone said, she leaned against him.

“Then I’m going with Voltaire.” Stephanie replied.

“Uhm. I’ll go with Voltaire?” Bruce asked.

“Ok then. We’ll head out at nightfall.” Voltaire said.

“Uh nightfall? Are you sure?” Stephanie asked, her voice quivering.

“Positive.” Voltaire replied. He got up and exited the dining room, heading towards the medical room. Dominic got up, shook himself and headed to his room. Anemone got up and headed to her room. Stephanie got up and pulled Bruce up along side her. “Let’s go.” Stephanie dragged Bruce along the halls of the mansion. Oh man…
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 4; Move out!]

That Night

The whole squad was at the entrance of Mantery State Forest. They were all suited up, getting ready for the big mission. Bruce got his MOD early that night, and he was ready. Voltaire was wearing a black suit robber’s suit, armed with an RPG. His RPG was slung across his back, and he was waiting for Bruce and Stephanie. Bruce was wearing a dark green camo suit, Stephanie wearing female ninja armor. They both headed down a hill and entered the dark forest. Voltaire greeted them.

“Took you long enough.” He said. He was sitting on a rock. The forest enveloped them. It was near midnight.

“Sorry, took a while to find the correct route.” Stephanie answered.

“Well, whatever. We’re going to head in now.” Voltaire said.

The three made their way into the forest. Meanwhile, Dominic and Anemone were in an abandoned church. They were walking down the lonely isles, and stopped at the altar. Anemone gave a quick prayer and turned around. Dominic had his claymore resting on his shoulder, paying attention to the ceiling. There were holes in the ceiling, which could easily house the Deathraptor. Anemone headed upstairs and Dominic quickly followed. They eventually got to a small room with an open window and a small bed in the corner. There was a small desk by the bed with a wooden chair. Anemone sat on the chair and materialized her sniper. Dominic sat on the bed and dropped his claymore on it.

“Are you okay? You seem tense…” Anemone asked; a worrying tone in her voice.

“I’m fine, waiting just annoys me.” Dominic responded.

“Oh? What should we do to pass the time?” She asked.

“I don’t know, I just really want to get this over with.” Dominic replied once more.

Anemone crept towards Dominic and sat on his lap. She held his head with her hands.

“I know what we could do…” She said.

Dominic blushed and leaned in, they kissed.

All in a sudden a blood curdling screech was heard and Anemone got up. Dominic stood up as well and grabbed his claymore.

“It’s here…” He said.

Anemone grabbed her sniper and sat on the chair once more, peering out in the darkness through the open window.

What would happen next would frighten Anemone for the rest of her life.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 5; Cryptid Within]
He edged towards the window and looked outside. There, by the window, on the corner of the roof, was the Deathraptor. Anemone held onto her sniper and peered through the scope. The incredibly large owl had pitch black feathers, it had red ‘horns’ that curved up from it’s beak and curved over it’s head. It’s piercing red eyes were like infa-red lazers.

“Should I take a shot?” Anemone asked.

“I don’t know, it’s huge!” Dominic replied.

The Deathraptor then spread it’s large wings, which revealed a dark blood red under it’s wings. It took off and flew into the night. Anemone and Dominic shrugged, they turned around and in that second a flurry of feathers covered them as the Deathraptor returned, literally clawing off half the roof.

“Dam! That thing has power!” Dominic yelled, wood raining down on him.

“Tell me about it.” Anemone replied, she was safe in the corner of the room.

Dominic looked up. Crashing down from the sky was the Deathraptor, It’s face like death, shaped like a skull almost. It’s talon’s pierced Dominic’s torso and it dragged him up, spilling blood and guts along the way. Anemone stared in horror as the creature flew over the main part of the church and dropped Dominic, sending him crashing through the roof and into the isles. In a moment of unconceivable hate and angst she brought her sniper up and quickly performed a perfect headshot a sniper could only dream of performing. The bullet pierced the great owl’s hooded head and it crashed down below with her fallen lover. Her sniper de-materialized and she ran down. Once there she gasped in absolute shock as Dominic’s supposedly dead body was standing upright. He was all bloodied, but the blood was not his. No, it was the Owl’s. His eyes were red now, just like it’s. The Owl was hanging from the roof, it’s blood dripping down into Dominic’s mouth. The great owl was dead, it’s head was hanging by a thread. Anemone edged closer.

“D-dominic… A-are you o-okay?” She asked, fear in her voice.

Dominic turned around. Something was definitely up. He was all bloodied, and his feet had small talons almost. His arm was skinnier, and you could almost sense something about him. He was not the man Anemone had known and loved for 3 years. No, it was something more. Sinister. Anemone gasped, she realized why. She took out a small scanner they kept for detecting Cryptid DNA. She took a long range scan of the Deathraptor DNA and then compared it with Dominic’s DNA.

They matched.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 6; All fix'd]
Bruce, Voltaire, and Stephanie were up a large tree in the middle of the state park. Voltaire had implanted a radar in the side of the tree, so they can detect anything if it gets near them. Stephanie was just waiting for anything to happen really, and Bruce was a bit nervous. Suddenly something jumped up and landed a few branches higher in the tree. Voltaire didn’t bother to do anything; Stephanie was shocked at first, but ignored it. Bruce got scared and turned to Voltaire.

“What was that?” He asked.

“Blak, he has the habit of acting like the Cryptid we’re assigned on.” Voltaire answered. He was holding his chin with his palm of his hand. He had a bored expression on his face.

“Who’s Blak?” Bruce asked.

“Me.” A voice replied.

A small figure jumped down. He wore a yellow vest and had a black Ipod.

“Yea, I’m Blak.” He said.

“Oh, uhm. Hi?” Bruce replied, a bit confused.

Anemone was awestruck. Dominic was still Dominic. Except his arms were skinnier and his feet had odd talons poking out of his shoes. He still kept his overall appearance however. A shot rang out and a new figure appeared behind him. A boy around his age, pointing one desert eagle at Dominic’s head.

“What have you gotten in to now huh?” He said.

Dominic shifted for a bit, his form nearly disappearing. He then jumped upward landing behind the figure and smacked him away with a powerful backhand. The figure crashed into a couple of isles. Anemone sped towards the downed figure.

“Whoa, David you okay?” She asked.

“Yea I’m fine.” He replied. Dominic had his talons gripping the top of an isle bench that was right next to David. He bent his torso down with his hands behind his back.

“Oh? What have we here?” He said, with a dark voice.

“Dominic, you bastard, snap out of it!” David yelled.

Dominic coked his head to the side and laughed.

“Oh please. You humans and your annoying habits.” He responded.

David quickly brought his DE to Dominic’s head and pulled the trigger, but Dominic sped away in a flash. He was now hanging from the roof.

“Dominic, please stop!” Anemone yelled, tears coming to her eyes.

“’Scuse me? I’m sorry didn’t quite catch that. Dominic landed right in front of Anemone, with a maniacal smile.

“P-please s-stop…” She repeated.

“You humans are annoying. I’m going to have to rip out your lungs for that.” He replied, still with a smile.

He brought his fist back and prepared to lunge forward when David shot 3 bullets into his back. Dominic didn’t budge. David shot another three bullets in his back. Dominic fell over and hit the ground with a thang. Anemone turned him over; he had regained his regular human eyes. His arms were regular size and his feet were all normal.

A low growl was heard and the four turned around. Another growl, this time under them. Voltaire aimed his RPG.

“Here we go…”
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 7; Oh noez, not a new guy!]
Before they knew it, a hairy figure was towering above them. At first it didn’t seem to do anything, but Voltaire quickly pulled up his RPG.

“Bye bye!” He said as he pulled the trigger. The rocket propelled forward, slamming into Bigfoot’s right arm. BOOM. After the smoke cleared Bigfoot was left with only a stump of an arm. Everyone was on the floor due to the explosion. Voltaire was laughing crazily.

“Oh my god! That was BIG!” He said, out of breath.

Bruce was by the trunk of the tree. He sighed and wiped the blood that was all over him. Some of it fell into his mouth, and he swallowed.

“Dam it you idiot! What the hell was that!?!?” Blak yelled, still on the tree. Voltaire looked up and Blak flicked him off. He shrugged and picked up his RPG. Aiming once more at the Big Foot. The creature brought his remaining arm to his right, all at once he sweeped it across the area, Stephanie jumped in and blocked it with one of her daggers, holding it back.

“Wha? How can you hold it back…” Bruce asked.

“No time for that!” She replied, the arm was strong.

Blak shrugged and wires sprouted from his wrists, the wires wrapped around Big Foot’s arm and he jumped to another tree, dragging the arm with him. Big Foot groaned as he was being dragged.

“Guys, I think he’s had enough.” Stephanie said, following the dragged body.

“Meh, fine.” Voltaire said.

Blak let him go and the body fell. Red eyes pierced the night and a figure flew through the darkness. The figure landed on a branch, it’s piercing red eyes easily scanning the dark.

“Is that… Dominic?!?!” Blak asked, a bit scared now.

“What are you mad?” Stephanie said.

Dominic lept down into the ground, showing himself.

“Heh, what have we here? Old Big Foot dead? Aw, so sad.” He said mockingly.

“Dominic, what the fuck is up with you?” Voltaire asked.

“Me? Nothing’s up, but the sky.” He replied.

“Guys stay away from him!”

“What?” Voltaire said. Anemone and David appeared out of the dark, pointing their weapons at Dominic.

“What the hell is going on here?!” Blak said.

“Dominic’s not Dominic!” David said.

“Hmmph, stupid mortals…” Dominic said.

Voltaire aimed his RPG at Dominic.

Stephanie was in a battle stance, Blak was observing. Bruce activated his MOD. Gauntlets materialized and covered his hands.
Suddenly though Dominic leaped up in the air. A figure stood arched where Dominic once stood.

“Damn…”

“Alex?” Stephanie asked.

“Yea, I’m here.” He responded, brining his sword from out of the ground.

“Aw, can’t hit a little birdy like me?” Dominic said, laughing.

Alex jumped and slashed at the branch Dominic was standing on, cleaving it in half. Dominic was gone, but soon appeared behind him. He clawed Alex’s back.

“Damn it!” He yelled as he was sent falling.

“So sad, not one of you can kill a poor little birdy like me. Oh well, looks like your funeral will have to be arranged early.” Dominic said.

Then a crash, everyone looked around. What it was, nobody was about to expect.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 8; You were saying?]
Everyone turned around. There standing like some crazed murderer was Bruce. His arms were larger than before and he actually had fangs. Fangs similar to a primate. He roared.

“Oh? Shall we?” Dominic replied. He jumped down.

Backround: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-mFU1uGVTk (Blame my friend)

Dominic jumped upwards and performed a quick sidekick, but Bruce caught it. He spun Dominic around and threw him to a tree. Running like a ram he elbowed into Dominic’s mouth, literally ripping his jaw apart. Blood was thrown everywhere. Dominic jumped behind him and just snapped his jaw back together. He back flipped and landed on Bruce’s shoulders. He used his small talons to pierce through his flesh. He then started to punch Bruce’s face at rapid speed, covering his arm in blood, sending chunks of flesh all over. Bruce grabbed his arms in mid punch and threw him off, tearing off his right arm in the process. Dominic leapt on the ground, with only an arm left. Bruce slammed the ground with one of his fists, causing a small fracture to spread towards Dominic. He jumped upward landing on top of a tree. Bruce roared once more, an earth shattering crazy roar. Dominic’s hand began to dissolve on the ground next to Bruce, and then started to reform on Dominic. He landed on the ground.

“Done yet? Huh? HUH?!” Dominic yelled.

Bruce grunted.

“Shut up you fucking-“
Bruce was cut short as Dominic jumped up once more.

“Can’t hit what you can’t see!” He yelled.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=I need characters!]

Form:

Name:
Appearance:
Reason for joining Eternal Shadows:
Position in team:
Bruce:
Dominic:
Anemone:
Giovan: