Sub types in archetypes?

leakybucket

Question

Cards of a particular archetype normally have a word or phrase in their title (elemental/destiny heroes, dark magician, etc.) But can a archetype ever have a "sub-archetype" associated with it?

I ask this question as I work on my post based off of the Paper Mario series:

Paper Mario Cards

Two of the cards are posted here for clarification:

217385.jpg217385.jpg

Now, as you can see the archetype I'm trying to establish is 'Paper' which will appear in every monster name and most support cards. Both Mario and Kooper belong to the archetype. However, Kooper simultaneously belongs to a 'Paper Partner' archetype, a set of 15 monsters based on Mario's original partners in the first 2 games.

Thus, is it plausible to construct an archetype with smaller sub archetypes? Discussion on this topic will help before I work on the support cards, which could deal with 'Paper' cards, 'Paper Partner' cards, or both.

2 answers to this question

lets say you are making a equip card for it' date='it can say

"This card can only be equipped to a "Paper" monster."

"This card can only be equipped to a "Paper Partner" monster."

sadly,"Paper" counts as both paper and paper partner since they fall into the category if they have it in the name

your best choice would be to name it something else

Off-Topic:You don't say "with "Paper Partner" in it's name",you say "Paper Partner" monster

[/quote']

Thanks. If 'Paper Partner' cards still fit under 'Paper' I'm happy. There are very few cases where I would exclude 'Paper Partner' in support.

lets say you are making a equip card for it,it can say

"This card can only be equipped to a "Paper" monster."

"This card can only be equipped to a "Paper Partner" monster."

sadly,"Paper" counts as both paper and paper partner since they fall into the category if they have it in the name

your best choice would be to name it something else

Off-Topic:You don't say "with "Paper Partner" in it's name",you say "Paper Partner" monster

Archived