XBox 360 LIVE Connection Test Problems.

evilhorus

I have my T.V. Next to my Computer (XP/Desktop) and I insert the ethernet cable into my 360 and the back of the computer. Then I test the connection.

First, it tests Network Adapter. Result is "Wired"

Then, it tests my IP Address. The result is "Failed"

Then, I go to "Edit Settings". My IP Address is OK. But my "Subnet Mask" and "Gateway" addresses are what my XBox 360 tells me what it shouldnt be.

My Primary DNS Server is 0.0.0.0

Secondary is also 0.0.0.0

Could someone help me?

If you need more specific details, please ask.

So your connecting it into the back of the computer? Try instead inserting it into the back of your router

First off, you need a router to put it in!

If it doesn't work when your cable is adapted to your router, either shut down your console or computer.

So your connecting it into the back of the computer? Try instead inserting it into the back of your router

Thanks' date=' Ill try that.

First off' date=' you need a router to put it in!

If it doesn't work when your cable is adapted to your router, either shut down your console or computer.

[/quote']

Thank you ^_^

no. Go buy a wireless network adapter. Get a linsys modem porty thingy. Hook up the adapter to teh360' date=' and set up the linksys, this makes a new network. Connect to the network and voilà, LIVE is yours until you buy more months.

[/quote']

Well, If i I joined now, I'd get a month free (right?). And a wireless network adapter costs €90...........so >_>

Yup, but it's well worth the money though!

I mean, not that i have one but each time i want to go online i have to put this cable on the ground, that's why i almost never come online anymore?

The first two months you start playing online are yours to enjoy, freely.

You're plugging it into the back of your computer? I have my 360 in my room and whenever I want to play it online I bring it into the main room and plug it into the back of my wireless router (it has a lot of ports). I don't think it works being plugged directly into the back of your computer, sorry.

You're plugging it into the back of your computer? I have my 360 in my room and whenever I want to play it online I bring it into the main room and plug it into the back of my wireless router (it has a lot of ports). I don't think it works being plugged directly into the back of your computer' date=' sorry.

[/quote']

Ofcourse it has alot of ports!

Why?... Well, i dunno! XD

Archived