1. 1. Winner?

• BludMonkey
    • DeMeNTeD

Me vs. BludMonkey

[spoiler=[b]Rules for the voters[/b]]

Rules for voters

Rules for voters

-No biased votes. Ex: Person 1 because I don't want person 2 to win

-No simple votes. Ex: Person 1 > Person 2; Person 1 wins. Sorry person 2.

-Opinions are okay, but it'd be better if you posted a reason (Not really an opinion, but more along the lines of a fact) as to why one card is better than the other (Custom rubrics are fine). Saying that one card is "just better" than the other card falls along the lines of a simple vote and won't be counted unless the post is edited with something legit.

-If a lot of voters do not follow the above rules, it will leave me no choice but to make a rubric for all of you to follow (Which I don't want to do because all of you have your own ways of rating cards n' stuff).

-If I see a lot of votes in the poll, but little or no posts in this thread, poll votes won't count and I'll keep a score manually, only counting legit votes posted in this thread.

[spoiler=[b]Rules for the contestants]

-No holoing done to the card

-Rest is up to them

Winner: 3 +reps

Ends March 19th.

BludMonkey:

27737.jpg

[spoiler=[b]Effect[/b]]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing a Stack of 3 face-down cards your opponent targeted for an attack. When this card is Special Summoned successfully, destroy the attacking monster, and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. Increase the ATK of this card by 300 for every Stack you control. Once per turn, you can change the attack target of 1 of your opponent's monsters to this card. If you do this, all battle damage that would be inflicted to your opponent is inflicted to you instead. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can pay 1000 Life Points or tribute 1 Stack you control to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you do this, it cannot be destroyed by battle, and during the End Phase of your opponent's next turn, remove this card from play.

DeMeNTeD:

79521h.jpg

[spoiler=[b]Effect[/b]]This card is also treated as a Zombie and Spellcaster-Type monster. When this card is Summoned, destroy all face-down monsters on the field. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can pay 1000 Life Points to place 1 Corruption Fang Counter on 1 Monster Card Zone on your opponent's field. As long as this card remains on the field, monsters cannot be Set in Monster Card Zones with Corruption Fang Counters on them. All monsters Summoned in Monster Card Zones with Corruption Fang Counters on them are treated as Zombie-Type monsters. If this card is attacked by a Zombie-Type monster your opponent controls and destroys the attacking monster by battle, the Battle Damage inflicted to your opponent is doubled. If this card is removed from the field, remove all Corruption Fang Counters from the field.

DeMeNTeD wins this clearly. First off, I lol'd at the "ME VS HUNTER" in the edition box of Blud's card. Secondly, DeMeNTeD wins at the name, picture, and visual aspects. Blud, you have creativity over him, but not originality.

I'd give DeMeNTeD an 8/10...

I'd give BludMonkey a 6/10...

mehhhh...

DeMeNTeD wins.

Well, lets see what we got here...

Both cards have innovative effects, though I see slight errors in BludMonkey's card. (Tributed is supposed to be capitalized, and I'm not sure what else. What's a "Stack"?) Also, I think Blud's card is somewhat underpowered, in the sense of having to pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon it from the Graveyard, only to have it removed from play at the end of the opponent's next turn, even if it can't be destroyed in battle that turn. Why not keep it out there at that price? I don't get the part about the change of attack target and Battle Damage. I think there's no point in it, unless the attacking monster's ATK is lower than this card and it would target a different monster for attacks. That would seem like the logical thing, but hey, that's just me.

As for DeMeNTeD, there's not much anything negative I can say about it. The image, name, and effect are highly original. I see no noticable errors in the card lore, which really, is typical of him, and its fairly well balanced in my opinion.

Basically, DeMeNTeD gets my vote.

DeMeNTeD gets my vote because the effect is more usible.

BludMonkey's is near impossible to get out and use effectivly.

DeMeNTeD's card will fit better in my deck anyway. (I use dark mosters and discards as a strategy.)

DeMeNTeD gets a 9/10

BludMonkey gets a 7/10

Okay.. Since i gotta do good explanation for vote i will do my (full review) type of vote...

BludMonkey : As a lot of people have stated, your card would be hard to get out, and has a small few ocg like someone stated Tribute/Tributing is capped but also there is no need for Life where you have Life Points(If you are using the current 5d's ocg) but i think its acceptable either way and Battle Damage is capped as well, Your effect is 2 much for me far to much going on, that isn't really 1r2 effects its more 4 or 5 mashed into 1 which doesn't particularly work here, Your picture is quiet good and name is good and matches the picture so well done there..

Rating Summary: OCG=21.5/25 Balance=12/15 Name=5/5 Picture=8/10 Usability=8/15 Quality of Effect=13/20 Personal Opinion=7/10

Overall Rating: 74.5/100

DeMeNTeD : Right here we go, so i see my 1st problem on 1st line, there is no need to have it a Spellcaster as well as a Zombie and Fiend i see no point in it having 3 Types 1 is enough, No ocg except Life in Life Points but like i said in Blud's review i think it's fine either way, Big difference in your effects your effect actually looks like its meant to be together and that it isn't just a few different thing mashed together,Your pic is quiet good(as is most of Wolfs work) name is ok but not anything special..

Rating Summary: OCG=25/25 Balance=13.5/15 Name=3.5/5 Picture=8/10 Usability=13/15 Quality of Effect= 18/20 Personal Opinion=8.5/10

Overall Summary: 89.5/100

Winner: DeMeNTeD

Archived