Dr. Manhattan

deathxy

77069.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned exept by its own effect. When you draw this card, you must send all cards in your hand and deck to the Graveyard and Special Summon it. While this card is Face-Up on the field, skip your Draw Phase. Once per turn, you can remove 1 card in your Graveyard from play to have this card gain the Effect of the removed card. This card cannot be destroyed or removed from the field exept by battle.

Well sure, but considering you can use absolutely ANY card's effect (permanently judging by the wording), I think it's an epic win that's worth risking an epic fail.

I mean li3k whoa, first turn the Good Doctor absorbs Jinzo, second turn he absorbs Spell Canceller, third turn he absorbs Plasma, absolute lockdown. Then use whatever field-nuking effects or direct-attack cards you deem necessary for game.

On second thought, I see a fatal flaw that makes him painfully OP'd. Make it so he cannot absorb an effect that prevents him from being destroyed by battle. Otherwise Spirit Reaper = gg n00b.

i was thinking of that while in the bath xD

rulings:

-You cannot remove from play a card that cannon be destroyed by battle(I.E. Spirit Reaper, Marshmallon, etc...)

-This card cannot have more than 1 effect gained at the same time, if you remove another card, the first effect dissapears and be replaced with the new

-Only the owner of this card skip his draw phase, not the controller

i may only be a 2 star member but believe me when i say that this card is BRILLIANT. definitely balanced now that you basically clarified almost every counter arguement to this card's effect. as stated above by Lord Smeagle, "I think it's an epic win that's worth risking an epic fail." 10/10

one thing though, say your opponent uses a spell card(and you have no monster effects left in your graveyard to negate or destroy spell cards) to put your monster in face-down position, then your vulnerable to draw your next turn and lose. then again, well worth the loss i guess.

basically yes, but for that i listed as a rule that he cannon gain an effect that prevents him for be destroyed by battle, the card has a lot of text, so i prefer adding rules than effects

ruling:

-if you remove a normal spell card, the effect can only be activated one time only

-you can remove a equip spell card from play(I.E. remove axe of despair from play, now you can equip a monster with Dr. Manhattan and increase the atk of the equiped monster by 1000 points.) if the monster equiped is destroyed, Dr. Manhattan will remain on the field as an continuos spell card skipping your draw phase. (you can remove another card from play exept an equip spell card to put this card again in the monster card zone)

If he absorbs spirit reaper' date=' then wouldn't he be destroyed when targeted by a spell?

[/quote']

Normally, but his own effect declares that he cannot be destroyed except by battle, thus nullifying Spell Reapers unfortunate second effect, and making him OP. Hence deathxy's first new ruling.

deathxy's new ruling is confuzzling.

duel example

use manhattan effect, remove dark creator, now remove 1 sangan from play to special summon 1 archfiend soldier, end turn

opponent does nothing

manhattan effect, remove axe of despair(manhattan effect is like axe of despair, so he can be equiped to a monster), now equip archfiend soldier with manhattan

archfiend soldier atk is now 2900

opponent activates reigeki break and destroy archifiend soldier, manhattan cannot be removed from the field, so he remains in the spell zone as an continuos spell that does nothing, end turn

opponent does the chiken dance and end turn

now you can use manhattan of despair effect and equip it to a monster on the field, or remove a monster from the graveyard, if you do this, manhattan is now placed on the monster zone

this is only if you remove equip cards for manhattan, but is better if you dont do that xD

Archived