Do we need reps?

uzairstheking

Which would win in a war? (which do you like better)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which would win in a war? (which do you like better)

• The positive Terminators
    • The Negative Terminators
    • They would tie
    • Arnold would Whoop all of them

[align=center]I think we do.

If some noob with -10 reps has, let's say a card trade up and so does GK with his 73 reps (Too many, lol), who are you more likely to trust?

Yes, you would know GK anyway BUT say, by some unexplainable miracle, someone didn't know him, just one look at the reps and, ba da boom ba da bing, the nooby card trade won't be the one that you aren't not buying at...

Unless of course you actually WANT to be scammed, then you can go ahead and give me a neg rep for saying this.[/align]

Not really. On the other forums I'm on, there is no rep system. Everyone just kind of knows how everyone is (except that forum has about 130 members, and this one has >15000ish (I haven't checked in a while :P)

Well, you know, people LOVE give reps for bad reasons, so now a rep is wort much less then it was before, but....

And then there are always spammers who give reps to guys who repped them.

But I do think we need it, though.

I agree. On the old forum, which seemed like so long ago (good times...), not a lot of people had more than 20 reps, except for HORUS, Frunk, Shaco(?), and some other people who I can't remember (sorry). Now almost every one has almost 20 to over 70.

Dan had 24, I believe I had 28, HORUS had close to 60, Shaco had 21 or something.

Actually, the 'old forum' ended about June, it can best be documented by when everyone lost their reps.

On that subject, there are a few different Sagas, which I will try to outline.

InvisionFree - Pre-Frunk Saga: June 2005 to August 2006 - There is little information on this saga, and by the time I signied up (nearly 14 months after the site started), I was Member No.37, meaning not much went on.

InvisionFree - Pre-Golden Age: August 2006 to December 2006 - Between the time I signed up and the 24th of Dec. (our last day on InvisionFree), the forum started grew alot (considering how few members had signed up beforehand), and close to 100 new members signed up: This was the time of members like Yugimuto, Steven and eventually Dan.

Ficati.com - The Golden Age Part 1: Decemember 2006 to April - It's called the Golden Age of this site for a reason, most members consider this time, particularly January to April to be the best time for this forum. Many memebers forged their usernames into eachother's memories permanently during this time. It ended roughly arounf the time when the spambots invaded.

Ficati.com - The Golden Age Part 2: April 2007 to June 2007 - The site began to grow alot around April, the large amount of members that this site has is a double-edged sword. The Golden Age officially ended with HORUS' banning on the 6th of June.

YCM.Net - The new forum: June 2007 to Now: The forum was reformatted and all previous reps were gone, and the site url of yugiohcardmaker.net was bought, there are now thousands of members on YCM, yet some people still dispute whether this is good, or bad...

Archived