The Shadow Games: Chpater 1

ghosthost55

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, I would be very, very, rich!

It had happened so fast, the world couldn’t believe it. Yugi, the king of Games had retired from dueling forever. Some say that he just got tired of dueling and decided to rest, others believed that since he “lost” his Millennium Puzzle, according to the media, he had lost the desire to go on as a duelist. The answer to his retirement was tangled in mystery, but still, Duel Monsters thrived. Every one had at least one deck, and a dream to become the next King of Games. However, there was one boy whose desire to be the next king was so strong, that he would do anything to get there.

His name was Alex Burskie, a 15 year old, blonde haired duelist. However, this boy lived a hard life. He was born in Egypt, but moved to Chicago the day after his birth, then when he was 14; his parents were killed in a ship wreck. He then grew up as a tough guy, and the way he dressed could defiantly show that. He wore a white tee-shirt, ripped jeans and a pair of huge skate shoes. However, the only light for him was dueling.

He attended Duel Academy and was revered as the best duelist, but not as good as Jaden Yuki, a Slifer Red student who was considered the Prince of Games. Alex’s deck of Spell casters was almost unstoppable. Even though he was a good duelist, the fact that he had no parents placed him in the Slifer Red dorm. He quickly made friends with the other person living in his room name Max. One night, as Max and Alex were wrestling, a knock came from their door.

Max: Who the hell could that be? Its 2 am and most people aren’t even up at this time, well except us. *gets thrown to the floor, Alex’s foot is shoved in his face*

Alex: I guess they want to join the party. *Puts on his shoes and opens the door, then picks up a strange box* what the hell is this?

The box was gold, and had strange hieroglyphics on it. This box was similar to the one that held the pieces to the Millennium Puzzle.

Max: Who the hell sends gifts in gold boxes? *looks at a label* Hey Alex, it says it’s for you! Looks like someone has an admirer!

Alex: *takes box from Max* Well what do ya know, it is for me! *opens it to reveal a dueling deck* a deck? I don’t need a deck. My cards are good enough already. I’ll look at them in the morning. But for now *pins Max to the floor* we have a score to settle!

Max: I keep telling you, I didn’t take the last prime rib! It was that other guy from next door.

Alex: Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that .

As the fight continued, none of them could notice the strange eye on the box glowing an eerie red glow. The shadow games were back and more powerful than ever

Archived