Wrestling these Days...

tommers2008

What is your view on wrestling these days..??

Be truthful it really doesn't compare to days of old does it..!!

I mean it has its moments, sure and i can really truthfully say i think the future is bright for it. Some very talented young guys coming through.

Now almost everyone no's of the quality of the time period of the attitude era. But i want to talk about further back early 90's to be precise when wrestling was brilliant for the simple fact of wrestling talent. Im not saying it was better then the attitude era but it was great really great.

If your 13 or under you more then likely will not no of the wrestling of these days, but it was great really it was..

Anyway discuss: Wrestling of today,attitude era,older days whatever you want.

In the WWE, wrestling has gone down the drain, I mean...it's not that it's not entertaining but within the content of moves of the wrestlers, for example: Triple H: All he has is a few striking attacks, a cool looking flying knee, an inverted facebuster, the AA Spinebuster, and the pedigree...the WWE advertised that Triple H is one of the best, um...not really because he barely even knows how to wrestle. The same thing with popular superstars like Cena, Edge, Orton, and all of the other superstars that are in the limelight that are chosen by Vince.

Only a few superstars like CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, and the colons really know how to wrestle, look at their technical prowess and how they wrestle, everytime I see those guys wrestle I never get bored! Vince should've kept Kurt Angle in the WWE because he's the only one that CAN actually wrestle next to Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit (God bless their souls)

And TNA, the wrestling there is bad as well too, the only entertaining part of TNA is the X-Division and most of their wrestling moves seemed choreographed but it's really entertaining though, and even the great Kurt Angle in TNA is starting to lack in his wrestling abilities. Are the creative writers of TNA telling Angle to lay off his amateur like style? And the Story Line of TNA...don't even get me started, Jarrett should fire the writers of the storylines for TNA, the WWE is doing better than them in that catagory.

And for people that says wrestling is fake, IT IS NOT FAKE!!

Sure the winners in the matches are predetermined, but the bumps and hits they take are real, and it takes very tough people physically and mentally to deal with that every single night and I respect the men and women that are dedicated to their career in Pro Wrestling.

Would I want to be a Pro Wrestler, HELL NO! It's way too hard for me: the traveling, nonstop training, the stress, the hell, etc...

I'm just a fan and I love entertainment and I consider Pro Wrestling, ENTERTAINING!

So that's my two cents on Pro Wrestling! ^^

And for people that says wrestling is fake' date=' IT IS NOT FAKE!!

Sure the winners in the matches are predetermined

[/quote']

*cough* fake *cough*

Blanks hurt too, but it's still not REALLY getting shot.

I do have to disagree and say that it's not fake; it's scripted. That means they're actually going out there and getting hurt, but a lot of the moves are obviously staged, as are the matches.

I have no problem with WWE the way it is now.

And for people that says wrestling is fake' date=' IT IS NOT FAKE!!

Sure the winners in the matches are predetermined

[/quote']

*cough* fake *cough*

Blanks hurt too, but it's still not REALLY getting shot.

I do have to disagree and say that it's not fake; it's scripted. That means they're actually going out there and getting hurt, but a lot of the moves are obviously staged, as are the matches.

I have no problem with WWE the way it is now.

Well... I mean.

I'm assuming when you say it's not fake you mean the fight isn't staged or predetermined. Which it is...

Of course they are going to get hurt. They are 300 pound men attacking each other. :P

Star how old are you do u mind me asking..??

You think its fine as it is... The wrestling nowadays is a disgrace compared to the action, excitement, drama, wrestling skills and storylines of the past...

Attitude era was the most exciting time in wwf... Ever since the changed the name to wwe it has failed in comparison,and yet i will say some of the wrestlers during the attitude era did only have a select few moves, but they could pull off a really exciting match unlike todays athletes. And another big thing back then was quality of tag division..

The early 90's wers great as well people like Mr.Perfect, Bret Hart and many more had top top wrestling skills while they had a good mix of highfliers & powerhouses and had a great mix of face/heels they also had great tag division..

Nowadays just doesn't compare...

In the WWE' date=' wrestling has gone down the drain, I mean...it's not that it's not entertaining but within the content of moves of the wrestlers, for example: Triple H: All he has is a few striking attacks, a cool looking flying knee, an inverted facebuster, the AA Spinebuster, and the pedigree...the WWE advertised that Triple H is one of the best, um...not really because he barely even knows how to wrestle. The same thing with popular superstars like Cena, Edge, Orton, and all of the other superstars that are in the limelight that are chosen by Vince.

Only a few superstars like CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, and the colons really know how to wrestle, look at their technical prowess and how they wrestle, everytime I see those guys wrestle I never get bored! Vince should've kept Kurt Angle in the WWE because he's the only one that CAN actually wrestle next to Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit (God bless their souls)

And TNA, the wrestling there is bad as well too, the only entertaining part of TNA is the X-Division and most of their wrestling moves seemed choreographed but it's really entertaining though, and even the great Kurt Angle in TNA is starting to lack in his wrestling abilities. Are the creative writers of TNA telling Angle to lay off his amateur like style? And the Story Line of TNA...don't even get me started, Jarrett should fire the writers of the storylines for TNA, the WWE is doing better than them in that catagory.

And for people that says wrestling is fake, IT IS NOT FAKE!!

Sure the winners in the matches are predetermined, but the bumps and hits they take are real, and it takes very tough people physically and mentally to deal with that every single night and I respect the men and women that are dedicated to their career in Pro Wrestling.

Would I want to be a Pro Wrestler, HELL NO! It's way too hard for me: the traveling, nonstop training, the stress, the hell, etc...

I'm just a fan and I love entertainment and I consider Pro Wrestling, ENTERTAINING!

So that's my two cents on Pro Wrestling! ^^

[/quote']

Although I do respect your opinions. I however don't even like the storylines of neither WWE nor TNA. It's all mainly 1-2 peeps grunging against 1-2 other peeps. And that gets kind of boring after a while.

Either that or it's the damn title belts.. Seriously? They could all just go to Walmart and they have them as well. :)

The only two entertaining peeps are Matt and Jeff Hardy, but only in the older days. Back when it was WWF..

[/$0.02]

Nowadays is fine and I don't mind..... but the attitude era beats all others, even the Middle Ages! I saw a match in the attitude era on youtube, two infact. It was when Chris Jericho became the first undisputed champion. Then I saw a more recent match, it was still when Chris Jericho was cool, and I stopped watching in the first 4 seconds, literaly!

Let's see... I dropped out of watching WWE and TNA a couple weeks back. I fell asleep on the couch during a SmackDown! and was just like "F*** it." So now, I'm hardcore indy and I just watch matches for the sake of the match and not for the storylines. TEDDY HART! YEAH! TEDDY HART! YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

WWF was the best because of the EPIC storylines, and all that.

oh about the fake/not fake arguement:

some light punches and falls are real, but weapon shots and heavy blows are fake

[spoiler=Proof]

Who the hell could take a hit to the head with a ladder and still be standing O_o ?

So now' date=' I'm hardcore indy and I just watch matches for the sake of the match and not for the storylines. TEDDY HART! YEAH! TEDDY HART! YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

[/quote']

This pretty much sums up my own opinion. While I love the X-Division matches, it's not enough to keep me hooked to what actually happens in TNA. And WWE... just doesn't cut it anymore. The wrestling per se is has an alarming lack of quality - matches work towards developing storylines, not for the wrestling itself, and that usually ends up in slow, boring match-ups. Not just that, the fact that WWE performers are hired based on mic skills instead of ring skills pretty much tells all about WWE right now. The only way people like John Cena are main eventers whereas guys like Paul London are jobbers can only mean "Wrestling" is the least important part of "World Wrestling Entertainment" nowadays.

Independent promotions and puroresu are good enough for me. I can live with a less-than-fit japanese wrestler who uses a Backdrop Suplex as a finisher simply because the matches are much more intense.

wwe is just violet dancing every thing is planned out

Congradulations. You've failed.

Dancing has no steel chairs' date=' no tables, no ladders, and definetley no kick-ass gold medalists. *cough cough* Kurt *cough cough*

WWE today is fine by me. The Attitude Era was awesome, but we need to remember that that era is over. I don't much care that it's PG--the PPVs are TV-14. My only problem nowadays is that half of the show is promos and confrontations. The second W in WWE is Wrestling, isn't it? But seriously. More matches.

TNA is okay. The wierd camera angles were removed. The also have some cool superstars like Kurt, Sting, Foley, and in the near future, possibly Ric Flair and RVD. Most of the knockouts fail in comparison to the WWE Divas. [Velvet Sky, Madison Rayne, and Angelina Love as exceptions. I love those three. I went to a TNA House Show and I had a sign that said I LOVE The Beautiful People. They were all over me when they were walking to the ring and I said "I Love You!" Velvet and Madison were all over me, and Angelina did this amazingly sexy dance.'] Anyway...the matches from the X-Division seem too extreme for my tastes.

Archived