Robustic Army [preview]

KrakenNLD

So, what do you think?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. So, what do you think?

• 1/4 - Not a good idea
    • 2/4 - I could live with it, but still it would be overpowered/underpowered
    • 3/4 - Great idea, but I see some problems *my gamble = this most votes*
    • 4/4 - PERFECT! Why didn't I think this up?

Oké, I'm back, hey there :). Ehm, let's see now, first I wanna say hello to every new member, I been here a REAL long time ago, but recently I been thinking about a new archetype. Now I originally thought about Dinosaur LV-monsters and Evolution-Deck (getting stronger by the turn) but that didn't work all too well for me. Then I started with something I wanna call: "Fate Angel" but the name didn't work for me... so, I changed the name of the Archetype to: "Robustic Army", still pretty much the same way as I had in mind, just a different theme. So let's get started.

Before I begin, I wanna find out, is this actually a Deck you WANT me to do? Or is it a bit too overpowered (which could also be the case). Also, I wanna see if I got the OCG just right, it's about 5 different effects on 1 monster, and that goes for everyone of them.

w1ft3q.png

Effect: If this card is destroyed by Battle, skip the Battle Calculation. Instead, you lose Life Points equal to the attacking monsters DEF while your opponent gains Life Points equal to the attacking monsters DEF. After your 2'nd Standby Phase, the owner gains Life Points equal to the monster who destroyed this card ATK. Your opponent loses Life Points equal to the ATK of the monster who destroyed this card.

The things I want this Archetype to do is, in a nutshell:

* Damage reduced to 0 destroyed (even Piercing damage)

* Life Point loss to controller equal to

* Life Point gain to opponent equal to

* Later in game, Life Point gain to controller equal to

* Later in game, Life Point loss to opponent equal to

These variables can be everything. From ATK-points, from DEF-points, even have to do with level. Ya see, at the beginning, they give a little advantage to the opponent. Still I'm planning on making some Spell Cards which only work when your opponents Life Points are higher then . One of them only working when removing from game a few of these Robustic Army monsters and then setting your opponents Life Points to halve, which later when the effects show up, it gets even more devasting. That's the thing about A-Attacker, the A stands for "Anti". So if you Attack the A-Attacker, most of them have high ATK and low DEF. Your opponent gains DEF and you lose Life Points equal to the DEF of the monster. Still, since most of the time this isn't much... this is no big deal. However for your opponent, if in the 2nd Standby Phase, he loses ATK and you gain ATK, which will be a lot more.

All cards in the motto of: "what comes up, must come down even harder". Please rate, whatever... I really wanna know what you guys think, and if I should expand in this idea of mine :).

Edit: Added Card Effect, it's barely readable.

Okay, let's try this with an example:

Opponent Field:

* Jinzo (ATK-Mode)

Your Field:

* Robustic Army - A-Attacker (ATK-Mode)

Your opponent attacks "Robustic Army - A-Attacker" with his "Jinzo". "Robustic Army - A-Attacker" is destroyed but you will not recieve 1100 damage of the (2400-1300) as normal. You recieve Damage to your Life Points, equal to the defense of Jinzo (1500)... which is 400 more. And your opponent, he gains 1500 lifepoints. (the defense of Jinzo).

In your 2nd Standby Phase, you gain 2400 Life Points (the attack of Jinzo). While your opponent loses 2400 Life Points, which is a difference of 900. Sure, it ain't much, but I guess that's because I picked Jinzo.

Well, this is just a preview, all I like to know is... is the OCG a bit correct, since I know this MUST become shorter actually. Because right now, they are heavilly wrong in the OCG-part, it just doesn't seem to be correct. Even more so since it seemed you didn't understand them, meaning it's wrong how they are written. This is also just a preview for those other ones. So far, I'm now going to start with some Spell Cards/Trap Cards for support.

Reflect Bounder and Blast Sphere is always fun, somehow similair it is though, but I suppose Reflect Bounder and Blast Sphere can be somewhat also a good card in it. Nimble Monage requires 3 cards in your deck to actually be effective, which to be honest, is always a turn-off for me. And you gotta have somewhat of a theme don't you... this is just one of the 7 I wanna make, but haven't created in the Card Creator yet, but they exist in paper already.

All I'm worried about, is OCG actually, which feels tremendously off. But I rewrote it about 5 times, and this is the best I can do to make it as clear as can be, but still it seemed off.

Archived