[Maeros, the Knight In the Steel] - New Single.

Wuu.

I think the Effect is pretty Unique.

78284.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned or Set except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters. If this card has been succesfully Special Summoned it's Lvl will increase by 6, each time you or your opponent Sets a Spell or Trap card it will be treated as a Quick Spell or Trap.

You realize you've made 2600 ATK monster that can be Normal Summoned, right?

Fix that.

I don't think 'in' in the title should be capitalized.

Not a fan of the pic.

"...Special Summoned, upgrade its Level by 6."

upgrade isn't official OCG (I don't think), but from what I've researched, there is no OCG for increasing level. However, decreasing level is downgrade, so logically, increasing would be upgrade.

You definitely want a period after 6. Otherwise it's confusing.

There is no such thing as a "Quick Trap"

A better way to word that effect would be

"All Set Spell Cards are considered Quick Play Spell Cards" (I think)

I think that part is stupid. My opinion. Someone more versed in TCG might be able to tell you why.

6/10 for lol1star/2800ATK.

You realize you've made 2600 ATK monster that can be Normal Summoned' date=' right?

Fix that.

I don't think 'in' in the title should be capitalized.

Not a fan of the pic.

"...Special Summoned, upgrade its Level by 6."

upgrade isn't official OCG (I don't think), but from what I've researched, there is no OCG for increasing level. However, decreasing level is downgrade, so logically, increasing would be upgrade.

You definitely want a period after 6. Otherwise it's confusing.

There is no such thing as a "Quick Trap"

A better way to word that effect would be

"All Set Spell Cards are considered Quick Play Spell Cards" (I think)

I think that part is stupid. My opinion. Someone more versed in TCG might be able to tell you why.

6/10 for lol1star/2800ATK.

[/quote']

I ment if you tributed 4 EARTH monsters (Thats the only way) it's level would increase to 6.

The way you've worded it definitely allows it to be Normal Summoned. You want to say

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by...

Of course' date=' this makes it a nomi...but we can't have everything in life.

[/quote']

i completely agree. ;)

and the last effect makes the card be able to be activated basically whenever, not just when the Trap card originally was able to be activated. if you set a Trap card, its instantly treated as a quick-play spell and now you can activate it.. no waiting involved. :|

oh well, it has a nice concept, and it just needs some tweaking. :D

6/10 currently, because this can be abused like crazy as it is now. ;)

~Kale.

The way you've worded it definitely allows it to be Normal Summoned. You want to say

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by...

Of course' date=' this makes it a nomi...but we can't have everything in life.

[/quote']

i completely agree. ;)

and the last effect makes the card be able to be activated basically whenever, not just when the Trap card originally was able to be activated. if you set a Trap card, its instantly treated as a quick-play spell and now you can activate it.. no waiting involved. :|

oh well, it has a nice concept, and it just needs some tweaking. :D

6/10 currently, because this can be abused like crazy as it is now. ;)

~Kale.

I agree. Really nice concept though! 7/10 :D

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters you control. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all Spell and Trap Cards are Spell Speed 1."

This card can really be abused with accumulated fortune. Also, the level upgrade isn't really needed. It's a nomi anyway. 5.5/10

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters you control. As long as this card remains face-up on the field' date=' all Spell and Trap Cards are Spell Speed 1."

This card can really be abused with accumulated fortune. Also, the level upgrade isn't really needed. It's a nomi anyway. 5.5/10

[/quote']

I did it because i tried to make it unique with the Leveling and such...

.....the leveling concept is good....you just need to figure out the gameplay elements.....let me make one off the top of my head (and if you use it, give credit where credit is due)

(sorry about the name, I can't think of a good one yet)

Name: Knight of Growth

Level: 2

Type: Warrior/ Effect

Effect: If this card is Tribute Summoned with 1 or more Warrior-type monster, upgrade the level of this card by 3 levels for each. This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each level upgrade this card has above its original level (Max upgrade of 9 levels).

ATK: 1200

DEF: 200

Its ok... main idea done before...

When was this idea done before?

I've done something similar at some point. That's not really the issue. While technically unique, the level gain really doesn't....do...anything. The handful of things I could think of that would be useful don't really apply because it can only be special summoned via 4 EARTH tribute.

I've done something similar at some point. That's not really the issue. While technically unique' date=' the level gain really doesn't....do...anything. The handful of things I could think of that would be useful don't really apply because it can only be special summoned via 4 EARTH tribute.

[/quote']

N... I don't... The Tributing 4 Earth thing was to make it more unique in order to activate the Quick thingy. Now mostly i wanted it to become unique.

I've done something similar at some point. That's not really the issue. While technically unique' date=' the level gain really doesn't....do...anything. The handful of things I could think of that would be useful don't really apply because it can only be special summoned via 4 EARTH tribute.

[/quote']

N... I don't... The Tributing 4 Earth thing was to make it more unique in order to activate the Quick thingy. Now mostly i wanted it to become unique.

It unique alright. I like the level ability and the effect. Need some work though. Could be use easily if you had a Earth deck with powerful trap and spell. 7/10 +1 cause I never would have thought of it.

....here's a reasonable fix for the card:

This card cannot be Special Summoned or Set except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters. If this card is Normal Summoned, the ATK and DEF of this card is decreased by 1600. If this card has been successfully Special Summoned, the level of this card is upgraded by 6 and all Set Spells and Traps are treated as Quick Spells as long as this card remains on the field.

....in this way the levels of the card reflect the strength of it, and I attempted to reword the effect, but it still seems kinda choppy to me.....would anyone else care to give it a shot?.....

This card cannot be Special Summoned or Set except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters. If this card is Normal Summoned' date=' the ATK and DEF of this card is decreased by 1600.[/b'] If this card has been successfully Special Summoned, the level of this card is upgraded by 6 and all Set Spells and Traps are treated as Quick Spells as long as this card remains on the field.

....in this way the levels of the card reflect the strength of it, and I attempted to reword the effect, but it still seems kinda choppy to me.....would anyone else care to give it a shot?.....

...decrease the ATK and DEF of this card by 1600.

Or

...this card's original ATK is treated as 1200.

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters you control. As long as this card remains face-up on the field' date=' all Spell and Trap Cards are Spell Speed 1."

[/quote']

I did it because i tried to make it unique with the Leveling and such...

No need to throw in a random level upgrade and stuff.

This card cannot be Special Summoned or Set except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters. If this card is Normal Summoned' date=' the ATK and DEF of this card is decreased by 1600.[/b'] If this card has been successfully Special Summoned, the level of this card is upgraded by 6 and all Set Spells and Traps are treated as Quick Spells as long as this card remains on the field.

...decrease the ATK and DEF of this card by 1600.

Or

...this card's original ATK is treated as 1200.

....you forgot to mention the card's defense.....I had worded it to have weaker defense just like the regular card......(and simplifying the wording that goes with it)

This card cannot be Special Summon or Set except by Tributing 4 EARTH Monsters. If this card is Normal Summoned, the ATK / DEF of "Maeros, the Knight In the Steel" is decreased by 1600. If "Maeros, the Knight In the Steel" is Special Summon successfully, the star level of this card is increased to 6. As long as "Maeros, the Knight In the Steel" is on the field, Spells and Traps cards are treated with the Quick Spell icon.

How that?

Archived