~Still don't think I can beat Icy? =D~

Synchronized

Here's day two of my three-day Preview for my biggest 1 vs. 1 ever.

[align=center]SkeletalArcher.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that it was Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned, place 1 Arrow Counter on a face-up Equip Spell Card on the field. By removing 1 Arrow Counter from a face-up Equip Spell Card on the field, you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.[/align]

"This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned, put 1 Arrow Counter on a face-up Equip Spell Card on the field. By removing 1 Arrow Counter from a face-up Equip Spell Card on the field, you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that it was Summoned or flipped face-up."

rofl Broken Bamboo Sword

Simple, but why the arrow counters when you can just simply remove 1 from a card you've already put it on? I think it should be:

"This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can destroy 1 Spell and Trap Card on the field if you control a face-up Equip Spell Card. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that it was Summoned or flipped face-up."

4.5/10 ( changed my mind )

Yes, because using "Arrow Counters" makes it so much more niftier.

"When this card is Summoned, if you control a face-up Equip Spell Card, you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field."

The only difference between this simpler text and the previous longer text is that you can stack Arrow Counters onto Equip Spell Cards. You can't do anything with the Arrow Counters if Skeletal Archer isn't on the field, though, since his effect regulates what you are able to do with Arrow Counters sitting on Equip Spells.

It's a bit of unnecessary text on a whatever effect. The only Equip Spell that Spirits ever should be playing (the deck already draws into enough **** topdecks to be running garbage like Equip Spells) is Mirror of Yata for the amazing backup battle protection on top of saving field presence.

Zombies don't run Equips either, unless we want to talk about Automonous Action Unit in conjunction with Zombie World, or something ridiculous like that.

I haven't seen the other card(s), but this is far from impressive. The art is cool, that's about it.

5/10.

ITT: We don't take into consideration that our opponent may not have any Spell or Trap Cards on the field at times.

ITT: Our opponent always has at least 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.

EDIT: Oh, and ITT: We can only run Spirit monsters in a Spirit Deck, and splashable cards don't exist.

ITT: We don't take into consideration that our opponent may not have any Spell or Trap Cards on the field at times.

The only difference between this simpler text and the previous longer text is that you can stack Arrow Counters onto Equip Spell Cards. You can't do anything with the Arrow Counters if Skeletal Archer isn't on the field' date=' though, since his effect regulates what you are able to do with Arrow Counters sitting on Equip Spells.

[/quote']

ITT: We stop reading after seeing something we disagree with.

ITT: We disregard the rest of the criticism after being butthurt by the rating.

EDIT: Oh, and ITT: We can only run Spirit monsters in a Spirit Deck, and splashable cards don't exist.

ITT: People play cards that won't stay on the field.

ITT: Spirits are splashable?

The only Spirit that is even moderately splashable is Dark Dust Spirit, because his general effect is good enough to offset the fact that you lose his presence and (probably) had to Tribute for him.

ITT: We find points that aren't really debatable about an already horrible Decktype and use them to defend against logical criticism. Okay.

[edit] Also ITT: LostLetter jumps to the one-man bandwagon, and even goes so far as to go below my score.

What.

What.

EDIT: Oh' date=' and ITT: We can only run Spirit monsters in a Spirit Deck, and splashable cards don't exist.

[/quote']

Chaos Sorceror, Cyber Dragon, Allures...

And who runs spirit decks anyway?

1. You can easily splash this into something like Twilight. It's DARK, Allureable, CCVable, and it provides Spell/Trap Card Destruction.

2. I really don't care about the rating, because I'm making cards for practice for my contest.

@LL: Without the counters, you couldn't save up and destroy more than 1 Spell/Trap Card during a turn. By saving up, you avoid having to use it right away.

3. According to Skyson's comments, no one uses Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, since it doesn't stay on the field.

And who runs spirit decks anyway?

*Raises hand.*

Spirits are awesome but are a horridly unstable deck. They need a consistent draw engine' date=' preferrably something that can DUMP IN-HAND MONSTERS, SINCE SPIRITS [b']LOVE[/b] LOADING UP THE HAND, to become a little better in the current format. Mausoleum is for a completely different spin on the Deck, imo.

1. You can easily splash this into something like Twilight. It's DARK' date=' Allureable, CCVable, and it provides Spell/Trap Card Destruction.[/quote']

Twilight is for teenage girls and doesn't use Equips. And I thought you said splashable cards don't exist?

2. I really don't care about the rating, because I'm making cards for practice for my contest.

I thought these WERE the cards for your contest. o.o

@LL: Without the counters, you couldn't save up and destroy more than 1 Spell/Trap Card during a turn. By saving up, you avoid having to use it right away.

I'm pretty sure the Equip Spell would be gone before those arrows were shot

3. According to Skyson's comments, no one uses Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, since it doesn't stay on the field.

Grand Mole is soooooooo yesterday

1. "It's DARK, Allureable (same thing), and CCVable" So, it's a DARK with 1000 or less ATK. D.D. Trainer and Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World are also CCVable DARKs, but for some reason Twilight doesn't run them either. "and offers Spell/Trap Destruction" So, suddenly Twilight plays Equip Spells? ORLY?

2. Posting a card on this thread immediately opens it up to praise and/or criticism by the public. If anything, it's an answer to the bold question you attempt to open up your thread with. So, you do care about opinions if you're so determined to beat Icy.

3. Pretty sure I can Summon Neo-Spacian Grand Mole and have it exist on the field. I get to choose when it leaves the field, rather than knowing that playing a Spirit monster will have to be used to the best of its abilities because it will always be returning to my hand whether I want it to or not. Flexibility is the key here, and Spirits don't have that.

1. You can easily splash this into something like Twilight. It's DARK' date=' Allureable, CCVable, and it provides Spell/Trap Card Destruction.[/quote']

Twilight is for teenage girls and doesn't use Equips. And I thought you said splashable cards don't exist?

I was being sarcastic.

No, our contest starts Friday. I used to be considered on of the best Card Makers on the forum like a year ago. Do you really think I'd submit a card like this for such a big contest?

Depends, to be honest.

Grand Mole is still used as tech to deal with Stardust Dragon and Gladiator Beast Heraklinos.

Guest JoshIcy

2. Posting a card on this thread immediately opens it up to praise and/or criticism by the public. If anything' date=' it's an answer to the bold question you attempt to open up your thread with. So, you do care about opinions if you're so determined to beat Icy.

[/quote']

I lol'd.

It doesn't matter. As the sole rule of our contest is that the idea has to be new and fresh. No pre-used concepts by either of us.

I was being sarcastic.

You forgot your sarcasm tag.

No, our contest starts Friday. I used to be considered on of the best Card Makers on the forum like a year ago. Do you really think I'd submit a card like this for such a big contest?

Well you aren't one of the best in my eyes. And I was just making an assumption since you said "preview".

Depends, to be honest.

Magic Reflector and that sucks.

Grand Mole is still used as tech to deal with Stardust Dragon and Gladiator Beast Heraklinos.

You can say Stardust, but how about JD?

I was being sarcastic.

The "ITT" should have given it away.

Well you aren't one of the best in my eyes. And I was just making an assumption since you said "preview".

Obviously I'm not seen as one of the best by you. Once new members start to join, most of the members from late 2007-early 2008 aren't really remembered, and if they are, it's not for their Card Making.

Depends, to be honest.

Something like Angel Wings would still benefit you.

If your opponent doesn't win on the turn he or she Summons Judgment Dragon, something's wrong there.

I was being sarcastic.

The "ITT" should have given it away.

Actually, what is ITT? Smack me

Obviously I'm not seen as one of the best by you. Once new members start to join, most of the members from late 2007-early 2008 aren't really remembered, and if they are, it's not for their Card Making.

I'm obviously not one of the best either. And yes, I know that, however, thats because most of you don't continue to make your cards. Look at J-Max and Hunter...

Depends, to be honest.

Something like Angel Wings would still benefit you.

LOL THATS AN ANIME CARD

If your opponent doesn't win on the turn he or she Summons Judgment Dragon, something's wrong there.

They don't always win.

If Grand Mole can't take away the leading meta, then he's only sideable at the least.

In response to your Anime Card comment; you do realize we're discussing a Created Card, right?

This card has just as much chance of being created as an Anime Card, if not less.

Archived