From 0 LP to ??? - Is it OP?

Jazza4Lyf

when your Life points are 0 the Duel is over

I wasn't sure about that either, but I believe I recalled seeing somewhere a card that was similar to this type of activation, but I can't remember the name and vaguely remember the effect:

When your Life Points are reduced to zero, your opponent must send all of their cards from their hand, field and deck to the graveyard (thus, making it a draw)

If I'm wrong, sorry, but that's how I recalled it and thought it would be cool to bring back...

Well, I suppose there were those anime-only cards Relay Soul and Divine Serpent that let you continue the duel when your life points were at zero.

Buuuut, to be honest it doesn't work at all with '200 life points or less'. Although it does let you send monsters from your deck to the graveyard...

Oh, and I think we call it 'release' rather then tribute now.

*shrugs* Honestly, I don't know if it works well or not either way. Most of the time if they are about to wipe you out, they will have something to prevent card effects from stopping them.

...But hey, it's an interesting enough idea. Good luck with it.

...But hey' date=' it's an interesting enough idea. Good luck with it.

[/quote']

Tnx

Most of the time if they are about to wipe you out' date=' they will have something to prevent card effects from stopping them.

[/quote']

Yes, but if you are smart, you can usually counter the counter - especially at a crucial time like when you may be about to lose.

Then, there are also those cocky duelists... :lol:

I'd say: (OCG migth be a bit off though)

This card can only be activated if your Life Point's would be reduced to 0. Remove from Play, up to 3 Monster Cards from your Hand.* Increase your Life Points by the total ATK of the Removed from Play Monsters.

*I said only hand as if you could do it from anywhere it would be very Ovepowered.

Hope I helped.

How about this?

This card can only be activated when you receive battle damage greater than your Life Points. You may remove up to 3 monster level 4 or lower from your hand and graveyard from play to increase your Life Points by the total ATK of the selected monsters.

Note: Not sure if that is the proper OCG though, never really made a card with such an effect

If I could remember the steps of battle I'd tell you when you should activate this. Maybe something like "before damge calculation" but that way they still might kill you with there attacks. "Graveyard and hand" is fine, not many hands would have 3 monsters in them by the time you hit 0. But yeah it's better, there's still a few errors in the way you've phrased it but I can let it fly; I'm in a good mood today.

not many hands would have 3 monsters in them by the time you hit 0.

Good point :P

but I can let it fly; I'm in a good mood today.

Phew! 8)

So, now it stands at:

This card can only be activated when you receive battle damage greater than your Life Points. Remove up to 3 monsters level 4 or lower from your hand or graveyard from play to increase your Life Points by half the total ATK points.

You create carts? like Mario Cart? or Go-Carts? Check your title' date=' masterkil!

[/quote']

Yes i do create cards and I know they aren't as good as this one but still i think the card name doesn't fit the card from my point of view.

p.s. name should be something like new hope.

I called it False Hope because the opponent may think they have won already' date=' ie: they have 'false hope'

[/quote']

Ye i was was thinking more like you almost lost so there is new hope you know...

[align=center]Obsidian Rating

Here, let me fix this card up correctly.

(OCG Fix)

Activate only when your Life Points would be reduced to 0 by Battle Damage. Before Damage Calculation, remove from play 3 level 4 or lower monsters in your hand and increase your Life Points equal to the total combined ATK of those monsters, then calculate damage.

(Grading)

OCG - 1/2

Picture - 2/2

Usefulness - 2/2

Balance - 1.5/2

Total - 6.5/8

Grade - B+

(Review)

Congratulations! You've created one of my highest rated cards ever (Believe me. It's Extremely Rare that someone scores higher than a B with me.)

Your OCG is actually quite nice. You're geared towards the old OCG format. Times have changed though and OCG has been reworded. I am the OCG Teacher for Duel Academia (Check my signature) and I would be happy to assist in any OCG problems if want to PM me. Joining Duel Academia would be a good idea actually. We can turn you into a Superstar Card Designer.

As for the picture....FINALLY! I can see a picture that doesn't censor blood. Your epicness meter went up for that.

This card is quite useful and can pull you out of a tough situation. While a card like this would normally be broken as fudge, the fact that you must remove 3 level 4 or lower monsters from play is good enough of a draw back. Besides, if you STILL have more than 1 level 4 or lower monster in your hand by that point, you're doing something terribly wrong. You'd need all the help you can get :P

All in all, wonderful. Simply marvelous. I look forward to seeing more.[/align]

Archived